IMG_3623 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-05-17 094349 (resized).jpg
D3AC342D-8B28-4636-AC2D-3298D680283C.gif
Hagrid Ritchie2 (resized).png
the-worst-thing-about-prison-was-the-dementors-dementors.gif
IMG_20230516_223229 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200801_185920 (resized).jpg
22DCB5C9-FF40-496B-A91D-40E3A74531D3 (resized).jpeg
There are 881 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.
#351 1 year ago

How could you do all of HP in a single pin though?

I mean they don't do Star Wars justice cramming it all in one pin either, and that's only three movies next to HP's 8.

#352 1 year ago

A similar approach to The Hobbit would work for a HP pin. I didn't care for much for Hobbit until I rented one from a local operator and played it at home. They did a great job building the storyline into that game. Pretty lackluster layout, but the theme integration and code is amazing. I don't see why they couldn't do something similar with HP.

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I mean they don't do Star Wars justice cramming it all in one pin either, and that's only three movies next to HP's 8.

I think an under utilized method is like the Alien pin. You get to choose what movie you want to play at the beginning before launching your first ball. When you complete all the modes of that movie it transitions into the next movie.

#354 1 year ago

Ok, I see what you're getting at.

That makes sense.

I guess I was hanging up on toys, sculpts and mechs.... like each movie kinda needs it's own set.
Yeah I could see a progression with code running thru all of them. Wouldn't it be great to see them all with a dedicated table though?
I still think it'd be too squished as an all-in-one.

#355 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Easy. Copy what they did with potc.

#356 1 year ago

If next JJP is godfather, I will pass but if it's HP, I will buy without even playing it since title itself will make it worthwhile.

#357 1 year ago

Is it possible its a reference to Sirius Black who was HP's Godfather ??

Who was played by Gary Oldman, so what other things has he stared in that could be linked, plot thickens !

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

If next JJP is godfather, I will pass but if it's HP, I will buy without even playing it since title itself will make it worthwhile.

That makes two of us

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Is it possible its a reference to Sirius Black who was HP's Godfather ??
Who was played by Gary Oldman, so what other things has he stared in that could be linked, plot thickens !

I have a feeling it was just a poorly executed joke by Jack to quickly steal thunder form Stern's announcement. There is no HPP

#360 1 year ago
17D0B3F3-048B-4C74-B910-844CE9705933 (resized).jpeg17D0B3F3-048B-4C74-B910-844CE9705933 (resized).jpeg
#361 1 year ago

Now we know why there's a parts shortage, they all went here.

#362 1 year ago

Is this a photo shop joke?If if it's real I'm afraid of it!!!

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is this a photo shop joke?If if it's real I'm afraid of it!!!

It’s real.
Took it from JJP Facebook just posted 30 minutes ago.

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

It’s real.
Took it from JJP Facebook just posted 30 minutes ago.

Holy shit wtf is he building?

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Holy shit wtf is he building?

That's what Doc Brown gave to the Libyan Terrorists - "a shiny bomb casing filled with used pinball machine parts".

#366 1 year ago

Pinside hardly noticing this! Too busy foo fighting

#367 1 year ago

Dang, I hope it's not just the low angle making it look more populated than it is. Does it look like there is an upper playfield anywhere?

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Does it look like there is an upper playfield anywhere?

That IS the upper playfield...the main playfield is more densely populated.

#369 1 year ago

Well it looks easy to work on.

#370 1 year ago

There's a fine line between "fun" and "gimmicky" and "lessens experience". There is ZERO doubt in my mind to make HP mind blowing it has to be a wide table.

Look at how outstanding LOTR is. Yes only half the movies but for HP almost always Hogwarts, ministry of magic, diagon alley.
Hogwarts - ala medievel madness - in the center and prominent - all modes specific to events that happened there start there
Ministry of Magic - ala Twilight zone - upper left - all modes specific to events that happened there start there
Diagon alley - ala WOZ house - upper right - all modes specific to events that happened there start there
Honorable mentions - Little Winging and Godric's hollow

For the nerds - choose your house - separate HS keeping feature per house. (specific associated modes wouldn't make sense)
Magic - ala pinball magic the ball is caught and disappears - is routed to a random re-entry point.

Imagine (crucial to HP mentality)
Cut channels under the table, motorized moving magnets on rails dragging the snitch and when the magnet reaches the end of the channel a sensor shuts off the magnet, releases the snitch but the momentum sends it to the next magnet. To catch the snitch you have to hit it with a ball and knock it off the magnet. What would be great is if there was a way to have a specific "golden" ball - not sure if such dark magic exists to detect a ball in such a way. You can quickly finish the mode or try to ignore the snitch and points whore making quaffle or bludger shots. Or at the very least a hanging swinging ball on a rotating arm with 3 switches unreachable by normal play. You hit the snitch at the right time it swings and hits the switch you caught it.

Two player quidditch match - you take turns to see who can catch the snitch the fastest. Otherwise it's lit shots for a quaffle or a bludger ala HOBBIT figuring out which shot actually allows progression.

I could keep going - I've been clamoring for this for years. But seriously, I hope the approach to this machine is public input/opinion. Who CARES about surprising the public via release. Ask ideas from people and if a suggestion is implemented offer the person a discount and if they buy a designer plaque. How cool would that be? Ok everyone have the day you deserve. #karma

#371 1 year ago

Did you think about this at all before you posted?haha

#372 1 year ago

Could be a clue?

201BD718-4764-43C1-8BD9-171239E797E6 (resized).jpeg201BD718-4764-43C1-8BD9-171239E797E6 (resized).jpeg64023C7E-A6BB-413A-B9E3-9BD890C176F1 (resized).jpeg64023C7E-A6BB-413A-B9E3-9BD890C176F1 (resized).jpeg
#373 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Pinside hardly noticing this! Too busy foo fighting

Everyone is noticing it in the Godfather thread

#374 1 year ago

I honestly think the misdirection is all on Godfather. This game looks like it is jam packed with mechs. Why on earth would godfather have a crazy amount of mechs? I'll tell you what IP will have an insane amount of mech's. Harry Potter.

#375 1 year ago

Okay... Here is more fuel. Look what number he is standing next to. Know what links to the number 13 and sitting at a table?

Yes... I'm a nerd.

Screenshot_20230302_161125_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230302_161125_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230302_161324_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230302_161324_Facebook (resized).jpg
#376 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

. Why on earth would godfather have a crazy amount of mechs?

Because its a pinball machine?

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Okay... Here is more fuel. Look what number he is standing next to. Know what links to the number 13 and sitting at a table?
Yes... I'm a nerd.
[quoted image][quoted image]

None of the other racks in the photo have numbers at all. Interesting...

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

I honestly think the misdirection is all on Godfather. This game looks like it is jam packed with mechs.

Now it's just getting silly.

9 hours worth of movies you don't think they can come up with enough "mechs" from that material to equal that monstrosity we see in the photo?

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now it's just getting silly.
9 hours worth of movies you don't think they can come up with enough "mechs" from that material to equal that monstrosity we see in the photo?

There's a LOT of talking in those 9 hours. A LOT. So maybe something like Red & Ted on the playfield blabbing at you?

I have faith Eric will deliver another great pin, but I don't think it's actually Godfather. Godfather makes ZERO sense for JJP.

#380 1 year ago

All those mechs are to support the talking Brando figure and fully animated cat that he can pet...

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

All those mechs are to support the talking Brando figure and fully animated cat that he can pet...

450px-Don_Giovanni_-_Edited (resized).png450px-Don_Giovanni_-_Edited (resized).png
#382 1 year ago

We're getting Scooby, Foo Fighters, and Godfather. Let the HP dream die.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

We're getting Scooby, Foo Fighters, and Godfather. Let the HP dream die.

But I really wanted to see Steve Ritchie in a Hagrid costume for the announcement

#384 1 year ago

Honestly, just doing the first HP movie would be plenty. Sometimes less is more. Potc comes to mind

It’s godfather though. No way they secretly pulled off HP, no matter how much I wish it was

#385 1 year ago

Hahaha! Sorry man. That was really funny! "Lots of Mechs, can't be Godfather".

#386 1 year ago

I'm shocked that nobody has a hand drawn playfield mockup based on the pics.

#387 1 year ago

Sorry guys. You can clearly see it’s the movie poster art with a yellow button.

61CA1E23-D5D8-472B-A851-6AFAB24AA504 (resized).png61CA1E23-D5D8-472B-A851-6AFAB24AA504 (resized).png858E266E-BD15-4FA3-A863-91B95F6E8536 (resized).jpeg858E266E-BD15-4FA3-A863-91B95F6E8536 (resized).jpeg
#388 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Sorry guys. You can clearly see it’s the movie poster art with a yellow button.

Agreed!
Misdirection by JJP per the norm. It's pretty funny actually. HOWEVER, legends ring with truths. What IF they are chasing license rights for HP.

#389 1 year ago

Oh my Godfather,

Looks like a fucking mess.

Screenshot_20230303_202455_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230303_202455_Chrome (resized).jpg
#390 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh my Godfather,
[quoted image]

They need to find the gottlieb descendants so they can learn wire management from the OGs

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh my Godfather,
[quoted image]

Well, it may not be Potter but at least we know what they did with all the stuff they left outta toy story

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Those days will never come back because arcades are dead...There used to be one or even two arcades in every shopping mall...Now we are lucky to find shopping malls...That era is gone sadly

Yeah..Now every bar and brewery across the nation is a pincade.

The only obstacle to meeting demand at a lower price point is the leadership making the decision not to.

What would happen if JJPs next game was 8300 MSRP with no limit on how many they make?

Let's also assume it's a desirable theme and the game is good. Actually, let's run the experiment with GnR.

If GNR was 8300 (coming in at 9500 taxed and shipped) would they still be collecting dust or would they have sold out and have continued demand for the next few years (with little advertising)? 9500 bucks isn't cheap. It's still over priced but I submit it would make the game sell.

#393 1 year ago

$100 bucks to anyone who wants in on this bet. I will pay you $100 for anything that is not related to The Godfather ending up being the theme. If its the Godfather then you pay me $100. The odds are greatly in your favor because it could literally be anything that isn't The Godfather and I'll pay up. Unfortunately, it is indeed The Godfather, so have your Paypals or Venmos ready

(yes this is part of my plot to be able to afford a foo fighters)

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

Yeah..Now every bar and brewery across the nation is a pincade.
The only obstacle to meeting demand at a lower price point is the leadership making the decision not to.
What would happen if JJPs next game was 8300 MSRP with no limit on how many they make?
Let's also assume it's a desirable theme and the game is good. Actually, let's run the experiment with GnR.
If GNR was 8300 (coming in at 9500 taxed and shipped) would they still be collecting dust or would they have sold out and have continued demand for the next few years (with little advertising)? 9500 bucks isn't cheap. It's still over priced but I submit it would make the game sell.

There's no way that would ever happen when Stern is now charging nearly $10k for a premium and $13k for an LE. A JJP LE is $12k and is comparable to a Stern LE yet I'm sure still has a higher build of materials cost due to the head that made entirely out of wood (not sheet metal), proper lockdown bar mech (not Home Depot metal latches), a head lock mech (not two bolts), etc. Let's not forget having the power button in the correct location either.

What you are describing is like Ferrari starting to suddenly sell a $200k car for $30k to simply sell more vehicles then say Ford with Mustangs. Not going to happen lol.

If you think a GNR is overpriced at even $8300 then I really wonder what you think about Stern trying to charge nearly $10k for a Mando premium lol. That game better be $5k then along with all other premiums.

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

A prototype. Or not cleaned up, excess removed. And cables tied down.

LTG : )

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What you are describing is like Ferrari starting to suddenly sell a $200k car for $30k to simply sell more vehicles then say Ford with Mustangs. Not going to happen lol.

Selling a Ferrari at Kia prices one could say. Hmm...a pinball manufacturer should use that line someday! I bet they'd be a huge success!

#397 1 year ago

Tears can start flowing now

#398 1 year ago

Godfather 50th - disappointed.

#399 1 year ago

Teaser out!!!

Slash version of the theme song?

I ain’t crying. One of the best movies of all time. Could work as a pinball game.

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Teaser out!!!
Slash version of the theme song?
I ain’t crying. One of the best movies of all time. Could work as a pinball game.

For sure....that music is weak though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,999.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 881 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-harry-potter-pin-coming/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.