Screenshot 2023-05-17 094349 (resized).jpg
D3AC342D-8B28-4636-AC2D-3298D680283C.gif
Hagrid Ritchie2 (resized).png
the-worst-thing-about-prison-was-the-dementors-dementors.gif
IMG_20230516_223229 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200801_185920 (resized).jpg
22DCB5C9-FF40-496B-A91D-40E3A74531D3 (resized).jpeg
19FEDBD3-F926-4A29-8329-462286D77912 (resized).jpeg

There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.
#151 1 year ago
325EECD1-4ACF-4E45-9D3D-729F5507CA63 (resized).jpeg325EECD1-4ACF-4E45-9D3D-729F5507CA63 (resized).jpeg
#152 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm just saying that dealers don't have to and should not be taking full payment on pins they don't even have. The problem is with the dealer. I don't know how Stern stops that legally - it's not their business. They can discourage it, but stop? I don't see how.
BUT, people can just not deal with dealers where that's the requirement. I understand prepayment when the game is imminent in a week or two or whatever, but taking full payment on pins that have no hard date (do ANY Stern pins have a hard date anymore?) is a problem.

I dont see how full payment or deposit matters.

The point of sale happens at the agreement in either case.

"I want to buy that game. How much do you want for it. 9k? Sold. Here's your deposit/payment"

That's the 'handshake' moment.

It's important not to put this on the dealers. This is the manufacturers scummy business model.

Right now they are advertising games at specific prices. They have MSRP shown on the website.

Right now someone just saw a Godzilla advertisement. That person will be directed somewhere to buy it. Money will change hands at an agreed upon price. This person WILL NOT get the game this price. This person will wait and then be told "sorry"

That's on the manufacturer

Back to price point. I was squeezed out at 10k. No more new pins for me. That was my breaking point.

Will 13k (before taxes and shipping) for any JJP game bring people in or squeeze people out?

#153 1 year ago

I'd prefer if Stern got the title, I've owned several JJ games over the years,their machines look incredible and I keep wanting to like them but their flippers just don't have the same snap as stern, Williams, or Spooky, the ball gets there, it's just in no hurry. That said, Harry Potter would probably make me buy one and give them another chance.

#154 1 year ago

Maybe if we all concentrate really hard, the dream could come true…..OR NOT. Sad to say, I think it’s Godfather. Zzzzzzz.

787C3ACA-ACC4-495B-8C0C-F9E462E5801E (resized).jpeg787C3ACA-ACC4-495B-8C0C-F9E462E5801E (resized).jpeg
#155 1 year ago

Same ole same ole
Get a new pic!

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The pro whitewood is looking loaded.
[quoted image]

Picture reminds me a lot of a finished Toy Story 4 CE you love so much. Little diffence in price between TS4 CE and stern pros too.

That being said if this game is done right and there are no issues I think it could be a heck of a sell for JJP. Not my lane theme wise so it would have to be better than Godzilla for me to buy it for my home though.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Great theme. Very poor choice in manufacturer. No chance in hell that jjp gets a dime of my money

Nonsense.

JJP is exactly who needs to do this game. No one else could do it justice. Ignore Toy Story and look at the craftsmanship and creativity that went into WOZ or Pirates. If that JJP shows up then this will be truly epic.

Fingers crossed!

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP is the only manufacturer that will deliver anything close to the world under glass

Have you played a Multimorphic title? Specifically; Weird Al?
I have zero desire to support JJP given they way they've treated past customers w/ regards to quality issues (including self distructing PFs, burnt out LED boards, etc).

This is the reason I won't send them a dime of my money.

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I have zero desire to support JJP given they way they've treated past customers w/ regards to quality issues (including self distructing PFs, burnt out LED boards, etc).

Every time there’s mention of a new JJP project you and others scurry to trash talk it.Now you guys don’t even wait for it to confirmed!

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Haven't played Weird Al yet, just watched streams. In general, not a fan of the way they do flippers with those weird modules (though maybe on brand for Weird Al) and separate button for the upper playfield. Also don't really like the void in the middle where the screen is, forcing all the mechanical action to the top 1/3 of the machine. And for the record, Weird Al had PLENTY of electrical/mechanical issues at release. So it's not like Multimorphic has some magic formula for making perfect pins.

But personal bias is personal bias. I have yet to play a Multimorphic I like. You won't be sending JJP any money. There's an ass for every seat, even in pinball.

#161 1 year ago

Never was a Harry Pothead fan and JJP games were always too expensive for me. My money is safe.

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's the only change, then I expect to see playfields with large chunks of art coming off in a few years like the Bader WoZ playfields did. If the art is still not adhering to the playfield, vibration will still break chunks off, with or without clear pooling.

I have a late run GnR LE with no playfield issues after about 400 plays

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I just got my P3 with Weird Al this week and love it! I’m incredibly excited for what’s coming for this platform. And think people will come around eventually.

I’ve also owned all JJP games minus Toy Story and making no excuses for the playfields as I had three games suffer from those issues.

I still have trust in JJP to pay proper homage to such an incredible license and just looking through past games no one is better equipped to create new mechs and design sculpts to make a world under glass. Pirates and Woz are the best resume builders a company could ever have and outside of Dutch Pinball, no one has come close to really capturing a theme in such a remarkable way (in my opinion).

I’d love for this to be the triumphant resurrection of the Jersey Jack we all feel in love with.

Go JJP!

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I have a late run GnR LE with no playfield issues after about 400 plays

Take a few plastics off. I am sure you will find plenty of pooling and some chipping.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Take a few plastics off. I am sure you will find plenty of pooling and some chipping.

Or don't, and just enjoy your game.

Pinsiders spend way too much working as hard as they can to find issues to fret about.

After that "ribbed playfield" thread I looked closely at all 3 of my LCD Stern pins...and they all had the "ribbing." Which I never noticed for 3 years.

Didn't notice or care then, don't care now. Looks fine to me.

Meanwhile there's people going insane over this "issue." Don't get it myself.

#166 1 year ago

Yeah, torn art and sinking posts after 180 games

Yes must be owners fault for playing the game too much

received_264780872497857 (resized).jpegreceived_264780872497857 (resized).jpeg

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There is no pooling or chipping...Playfield is perfect

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or don't, and just enjoy your game.
Pinsiders spend way too much working as hard as they can to find issues to fret about.
After that "ribbed playfield" thread I looked closely at all 3 of my LCD Stern pins...and they all had the "ribbing." Which I never noticed for 3 years.
Didn't notice or care then, don't care now. Looks fine to me.
Meanwhile there's people going insane over this "issue." Don't get it myself.

Trust me, I won't...Game looks beautiful and plays like a beast...I love it

Also, I bought a Stranger Things Pro new on release, had crazy dimpling after 50 games...I didn't care, played the living hell out of that pin; it never bothered me either

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Trust me, I won't...Game looks beautiful and plays like a beast...I love it
Also, I bought a Stranger Things Pro new on release, had crazy dimpling after 50 games...I didn't care, played the living hell out of that pin; it never bothered me either

I just told myself 11 was remaking the playfield in the image of eggo waffles, so it was on brand.

#170 1 year ago

Kinda surprised a bunch of people in this thread seem to believe HP is coming next.

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah, torn art and sinking posts after 180 games
Yes must be owners fault for playing the game too much
[quoted image]

I can’t figure it out, what game is this?

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

If you think Toy Story comes anywhere near Harry Potter, in terms of entertainment cultural impact, you are out of touch with popular culture to an alarming degree.

As someone who works in the industry I can tell you that this is false. You are vastly underestimating the value of the Toy Story license. HP might be in the lead for 2022/2023, but it is pretty dynamic. I know a crap load of people who are HP fans and could careless about TS... but I know just as many (and mayble more) TS fans who could careless about HP. Just look at YouTube... go to "relevance" and sort by view count... TS wins by a large margin.

I can say that the HP license is a pain to deal with... not that Disney is ever easy... but Disney prime objective is always about making $$$.... I am not sure that is always Rowling prime objective.

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I heard of zero playfield issues with Toy Story 4, so maaaaybe Mirco's crappy playfield jobs are addressed successfully after 5 years of garbage?

See The Big Lebowski thread and you find counter-evidence.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Just look at YouTube... go to "relevance" and sort by view count... TS wins by a large margin.

Don’t think this is a truly accurate measure for your argument. How many parents just put toy story on their phones to distract their babies and younger kids? I think your argument still holds weight just probably not the best example.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Don’t think this is a truly accurate measure for your argument. How many parents just put toy story on their phones to distract their babies and younger kids? I think your argument still holds weight just probably not the best example.

I agree... but the YT views are an order of magnitude greater. If I was to draw a brand diagram I'd say that TS has broader appeal but HP is probably deeper and with more fanatics.

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

See The Big Lebowski thread and you find counter-evidence.

Not apples to apples. We don't know when Lebowski playfields that are going in now were made, AND unlike TS4, they don't have the art pulled away from the posts so the clear sticks better at pressure points.

#177 1 year ago

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I agree... but the YT views are an order of magnitude greater. If I was to draw a brand diagram I'd say that TS has broader appeal but HP is probably deeper and with more fanatics.

I feel like this carries a good bit more magnitude than youtube, money grossed.

Franchises (resized).pngFranchises (resized).png
#179 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

I can’t figure it out, what game is this?

I thought the glitter would give it away.
GnR
Heart broken
I loved that game.
Eric and Slash did a tremendous job.

Stunning game, fun to shoot.

Too many problems for me

#180 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

[quoted image]

Look at “merchandise” $7b vs $17b - that is where the tie-in to yt becomes relevant. It also shows the value of the license. I have been to the last 6 New York toy fairs…. Ts is in probably 5x the number of booths as hp.

On the flip side, google trends shows that HP is searched 3 to 1 more than TS (indicative of the much deeper universes). So I am definitely not saying HP isn’t a valuable license… it is… but it is foolish to undersell TS.

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Every time there’s mention of a new JJP project you and others scurry to trash talk it.Now you guys don’t even wait for it to confirmed!

Yes. And no. JJP has a lot to do to earn trust and my money.

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Look at “merchandise” $7b vs $17b - that is where the tie-in to yt becomes relevant. It also shows the value of the license. I have been to the last 6 New York toy fairs…. Ts is in probably 5x the number of booths as hp.
On the flip side, google trends shows that HP is searched 3 to 1 more than TS (indicative of the much deeper universes). So I am definitely not saying HP isn’t a valuable license… it is… but it is foolish to undersell TS.

I get your arguments, but there are way too many variables that analysis ignores such as time, audience age, cultural shift and more. Let’s just take time as an example. Inflation combined with population growth is why current blockbuster movies frequently eclipse prior blockbuster box office records. In simplest terms, there are more people in the audience for everything, paying more for everything every day. Also, you really can’t infer anything from YouTube play counts. Way too many parents just plug their kids into something they deem cheerfully safe and leave it playing. I would wager that many hundreds of thousands of views played to empty rooms, or as background noise, or were watched for 10 minutes here, two minutes there for the 100th time.

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

She supposedly said that long ago, but the reality is ZERO children would seek out or even be able to get in a bar to play a pinball machine they don't even know or care exists. Children rarely even go out, they stay inside and play on their phone, tablet, gaming, youtube etc.

It's funny my youngest of 3... I can't get IN the house. He may game a couple hours but he'll literally play 8 hours outside.

Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Nonsense.
JJP is exactly who needs to do this game. No one else could do it justice. Ignore Toy Story and look at the craftsmanship and creativity that went into WOZ or Pirates. If that JJP shows up then this will be truly epic.
Fingers crossed!

I tend to agree here. They make the best world under glass imo. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the price issues and playfield problems...but purely from who I think would do the theme the most justice with all other issues aside...JJP gets my vote.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

[quoted image]

This settles it. Who's in on a Hello Kitty CE?

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It all stems back to what JJP represents, a company that set out to build the highest quality and loaded pinball machines. With WOZ JJP showed how little Stern was including in their games. That pissed some people off on here and they are still bitter to this day. One would think these individuals would be happy that JJP came into existence as it’s only made Stern improve their games.

#186 1 year ago

The picture proves it’s not HP because they wouldn’t reveal that ahead of, well, the reveal.

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I thought the glitter would give it away.
GnR
Heart broken
I loved that game.
Eric and Slash did a tremendous job.
Stunning game, fun to shoot.
Too many problems for me

Sorry you had a bad GnR!I purposely wait for a year of production so they can work out all the issues.I just got GnR and it is a fun ass pin to own.I have a feeling it can get better with a tweak in coding!

#188 1 year ago

My kids would freak out for HP. But I don’t see it happening in this release cycle. I think we would have had some clues before now. (Hoping this post doesn’t age well!)

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

[quoted image]

That chart is irrelevant. Because of prices and population increases every year.

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is his first full commercial game, his first design was the home version of Jurassic Park (which was pretty cool for a 'budget' game). People like Jack and his enthusiasm and passion for pinball and are excited to see a new designer try his hand at things.
I dunno how you could not root for him really.

So much this. For those of us around when Danger first started streaming and being an online cheerleader for all things pinball, it's been heartening to watch him come up. Good vibes all around.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

[quoted image]

Are the numbers adjusted for inflation? I don't see the point of revenue comparisons of products that aren't inflation adjusted. But still, cool chart.

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It all stems back to what JJP represents, a company that set out to build the highest quality and loaded pinball machines. With WOZ JJP showed how little Stern was including in their games. That pissed some people off on here and they are still bitter to this day. One would think these individuals would be happy that JJP came into existence as it’s only made Stern improve their games.

We were, I was on the ground floor when it all began. Jack spoke good intentions. Then policies changed, issues arose and got ignored, warranties became extinct, finding the glass ceiling on pricing became the newness and management endorsed a ‘fuck em then if they don’t like it’ attitude.
As the consumer I chose to throw back the middle finger.

Every time a new title releases there are those who act like they work for said companies. We will take it down a notch when they do the same.

#194 1 year ago

Do Pintastic tickets historically go on sale on April Fool's day?

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Do Pintastic tickets historically go on sale on April Fool's day?

Pintastic later said it was just a rumor. They don't have any inside information.

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Pintastic later said it was just a rumor. They don't have any inside information.

so they say!

#197 1 year ago

Haha alright yes good point. Let the conspiracy theories commence...

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:We were, I was on the ground floor when it all began. Jack spoke good intentions. Then policies changed, issues arose and got ignored, warranties became extinct, finding the glass ceiling on pricing became the newness and management endorsed a ‘fuck em then if they don’t like it’ attitude.
As the consumer I chose to throw back the middle finger.
Every time a new title releases there are those who act like they work for said companies. We will take it down a notch when they do the same.

I’ve had just the opposite treatment from JJP! The tech support has been awesome when I’ve had issues from DI to GnR.The playfield issues were a nightmare for us and them.Fortunately they have been resolved.My DI,Wonka and GnR have great playfields.I’m aware of the early run issues and heavily criticized them for this.All I can say is if Eric is doing HP it will be a world under glass with great code by Keefer and crew!

#199 1 year ago

I hope the next pin is GF . Wallet needs a breather

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

That chart is irrelevant. Because of prices and population increases every year.

Then wouldn’t that make it more relevant, as in things going on right now, how things are selling and ohh I don’t know what machines you might want to make because of what is being bought? If prices were going down you would have more of a point but they are not. So what is this increasing population willing to buy at higher prices?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-harry-potter-pin-coming/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.