IMG_7983 (resized).png
28f05362a28af2cd60994622dc4464391 (resized).jpg
IMG_7959 (resized).png
IMG_3623 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-05-17 094349 (resized).jpg
D3AC342D-8B28-4636-AC2D-3298D680283C.gif
Hagrid Ritchie2 (resized).png
the-worst-thing-about-prison-was-the-dementors-dementors.gif
There are 1,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.
#901 49 days ago

JJP have got an open goal with stern floundering to release the muppets next would be ridiculous, they have to go for HP or matrix next

#902 49 days ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

This sounds right! I believe Muppets is next followed by HP...Also during a signing Steve was asked what game of his would he like to remake and he said T2 with a big grin.. like that title is down the line...A JJP T2 would be amazing damn!

Just realized that whenever my Pulp Fiction LE arrives, I will have Steve Ritchie and Mark Ritchie’s new machines next to one another!

#903 49 days ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Just realized that whenever my Pulp Fiction LE arrives, I will have Steve Ritchie and Mark Ritchie’s new machines next to one another!

That’s a winning pair!

#904 46 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

People might not want to get their hopes up too much. It's been said many many times before that a true Harry Potter theme pinball machine has very little chance of ever being made. Much more likely will be something like Hogwarts Legacy with none of the main characters that you know by name and zero movie clips.

That will not be the case, and they do have the license for Harry Potter.

Not that it's related in terms of licensor, but I will add that JJP also had the license for Toy Story 1-3, then 4 came and they were asked to do 4 but still had access to 1-3 assets. Then their license expired and they had to renew and were assigned a new, and inexperienced contact to work with and were limited to only TS4. I saw the original cabinet and it was just going to be "Toy Story". Pirates also had limited assets with no soundtrack or movie clips of characters. That was Disney and they're notoriously difficult to work with. So jokes have been made that HP will be Fantastic Beasts or Hogwarts Legacy, and JK Rowling doesn't want her IP in bars etc. but that's just Pinside hearsay.

I can't share what isn't already public knowledge (nor do I claim to have every detail) but it's already been reported and shown that the license for HP has been secured. Jersey Jack made a post last February with this photo showcasing woZ Wonka, and HP. Joe Kaminkow also tweeted that JJP has the HP license.

It is Harry Potter. JJP is fully aware that expectations are incredibly high and specific for this title. Pinside is going to bitch and moan no matter what. Hopefully Warner Bros, the actors, and the estates of Michael Gambon (Richard Harris was better and like the book), Alan Rickman, and Robbie Coltrane are cooperative. I do have high hopes and I wouldn't want any other company to make it.

972503_be197dfb74b74752a227b5dbd038ea9c~mv2 (resized).jpg972503_be197dfb74b74752a227b5dbd038ea9c~mv2 (resized).jpg
#905 46 days ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

That will not be the case, and they do have the license for Harry Potter.
Not that it's related in terms of licensor, but I will add that JJP also had the license for Toy Story 1-3, then 4 came and they were asked to do 4 but still had access to 1-3 assets. Then their license expired and they had to renew and were assigned a new, and inexperienced contact to work with and were limited to only TS4. I saw the original cabinet and it was just going to be "Toy Story". Pirates also had limited assets with no soundtrack or movie clips of characters. That was Disney and they're notoriously difficult to work with. So jokes have been made that HP will be Fantastic Beasts or Hogwarts Legacy, and JK Rowling doesn't want her IP in bars etc. but that's just Pinside hearsay.
I can't share what isn't already public knowledge (nor do I claim to have every detail) but it's already been reported and shown that the license for HP has been secured. Jersey Jack made a post last February with this photo showcasing woZ Wonka, and HP. Joe Kaminkow also tweeted that JJP has the HP license.
It is Harry Potter. JJP is fully aware that expectations are incredibly high and specific for this title. Pinside is going to bitch and moan no matter what. Hopefully Warner Bros, the actors, and the estates of Michael Gambon (Richard Harris was better and like the book), Alan Rickman, and Robbie Coltrane are cooperative. I do have high hopes and I wouldn't want any other company to make it. [quoted image]

Thanks for the comments on HP. Is it too much to ask for your insight on Matrix, Muppets, and Top Gun?

#906 46 days ago

Jason reporting Harry Potter likely up next with Eric on design (reads to me like he's more confident compared to his last few JJP rumour articles anyway). Big news!

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/the-late-night-big-news-post-jjp-s-next-game-american-basically-confirms-what-s-on-deck-more

#908 46 days ago
Quoted from partlyironic:

Jason reporting Harry Potter likely up next with Eric on design (reads to me like he's more confident compared to his last few JJP rumour articles anyway). Big news!
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/the-late-night-big-news-post-jjp-s-next-game-american-basically-confirms-what-s-on-deck-more

Yeah. Looks like he's jumped Mark Seiden. Eric, Brett Abess, and Jack all said last October that it would be Mark, then Eric's game. I knew Eric had HP so I figured it was 2 away.

Eric also jumped Pat when his GnR came out before TS4. This is really welcomed news because it means it's coming this year!

Edit: I figured Knapp (not Kaneda) must have had a reliable source, but I'm hearing today that that's not the case and what was said in October is still true. Mark's game is next, then Eric's.

#909 46 days ago

Film assets is the rumour too - exciting! Eric's layouts are always so visually interesting, a great fit for Potter!

#910 45 days ago

Film assets based on 1-3 is what is coming out..so the fun magical side of HP before films get darker , so hopefully quidditch moving staircases etc ..good decision to go for early HP I think

#911 45 days ago

OMG just saw the post on Knapp Arcade. Please be true!

#912 45 days ago

Films 1-3 would be absolutely bananas! Curious why they would bump Marks game... it's probably all hands on deck if it is Potter. Reveal in August..?

#913 45 days ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

I hope you’re correct.. but with a Harry Potter license that must be very costly. If a HP game is up next they might offer a higher end model like a Wizard edition to offset the cost. Again I hope they do stick to current pricing.

And then remake it again.

My name is John and I am reformed CE/LE collector.

#914 45 days ago

I’m in on an Eric M. Harry Potter!

#915 44 days ago

Fingers crossed.

#916 44 days ago

Harry Potter I hope so.

#917 43 days ago

I know not everyone is an HP fan, but it's inarguably one of if not thee most famous books/movies. I'm far from a brand snob but I do feel it's fair to state that they (JJP & Stern) both do things very differently. Both art and hardware. Now that JJP has figured out (or should I say listened to the public) and have addressed their noodle flippers, I think JJP is the best suited to handle this immortal title. Yes, stating the obvious there's still the issue of lack of code updates and quite honestly their customer service is also subpar to Stern. JJP sure feels like a taillight warranty in comparison but even so, if these rumors are true ... and it's actually going to be based on the movie and not Howartz Legacy ..... that's a metric shit ton of pressure on whoever has this title on their plate.
They damned well better make this a widebody (I know weighs 5 bagillion tons I own a Hobbit) but that extra space will be needed to properly represent the world of HP. And dare I say it's fine balancing act. Look at GOT for instance. Yes, it's a fast flow layout but there's so much stuff on the playfield IMHO not seeing the ball was a serious turn off.
Anyway sorry for rambling but final thought. I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but with the costs for licensing and stripping anything would be down right heresy, it might be a smart move to only offer a premium and CE. I just don't see any possible way this title doesn't sell out.
So what's everyone thinking for price? $15k for the Premium and $18k for the CE? I think the prices are going to be staggeringly high.

#918 43 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I know not everyone is an HP fan, but it's inarguably one of if not thee most famous books/movies. I'm far from a brand snob but I do feel it's fair to state that they (JJP & Stern) both do things very differently. Both art and hardware. Now that JJP has figured out (or should I say listened to the public) and have addressed their noodle flippers, I think JJP is the best suited to handle this immortal title. Yes, stating the obvious there's still the issue of lack of code updates and quite honestly their customer service is also subpar to Stern. JJP sure feels like a taillight warranty in comparison but even so, if these rumors are true ... and it's actually going to be based on the movie and not Howartz Legacy ..... that's a metric shit ton of pressure on whoever has this title on their plate.
They damned well better make this a widebody (I know weighs 5 bagillion tons I own a Hobbit) but that extra space will be needed to properly represent the world of HP. And dare I say it's fine balancing act. Look at GOT for instance. Yes, it's a fast flow layout but there's so much stuff on the playfield IMHO not seeing the ball was a serious turn off.
Anyway sorry for rambling but final thought. I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but with the costs for licensing and stripping anything would be down right heresy, it might be a smart move to only offer a premium and CE. I just don't see any possible way this title doesn't sell out.
So what's everyone thinking for price? $15k for the Premium and $18k for the CE? I think the prices are going to be staggeringly high.

No I think prices will stay the same and there will still be 1k CE’s and (oxymoron) unlimited LE’s ..I’m pleased the rumours are game will be based on early films , the topper will probably be something like hogwarts/hogwarts express , or maybe something quidditch related . Exciting times !

#919 43 days ago

I would like a sorting hat scoop and a quidditch mode where a fast roving shot acts as the golden snitch and you have to hit it on the fly to catch it.

#920 43 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I would like a sorting hat scoop and a quidditch mode where a fast roving shot acts as the golden snitch and you have to hit it on the fly to catch it.

a sorting hat topper thats animated and talks you through the game would be sick. (kinda like the black knight topper but less rude)

#921 43 days ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

a sorting hat topper thats animated and talks you through the game would be sick. (kinda like the black knight topper but less rude)

An animated talking sorting hat might be the best topper of all time!
"Bee in your bonnet Potter?"
"Hmm, difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see"

Or perhaps a trifecta of the golden snitch, goblet of fire, and the golden dragon egg

#922 43 days ago

I tried butter beer once tasted like ass but a pinball machine I would be interested in

#923 43 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I tried butter beer once tasted like ass but a pinball machine I would be interested in

Not an ass muncher myself, so not sure how the two tastes compare, but I liked the butter beer I had in Orlando a few years ago. Maybe I should give ass a try.

I would've been way more interested in a Harry Potter machine a few years ago when my daughter was majorly into the theme.

#924 43 days ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

"Bee in your bonnet Potter?"
"Hmm, difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see"

Isn’t the voice actor for the sorting hat passed away?

#925 43 days ago

wouldn‘t it make more sense to have the sorting hat place the player into one of the houses and this would then strongly affect gameplay? At least in the books the sorting hat only shows up on the night when the first years arrive. I don‘t know if it‘s different in the movies.

#926 43 days ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Isn't the sorting hat kinda a jerk too?

#927 43 days ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Isn't the sorting hat kinda a jerk too?

yeah but he is not as rude as Steve Ritchie calling you out like in Black Knight Sword of Rage. However now Steve is at JJP who knows what he will bring in the future.

#928 43 days ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Yeah. Looks like he's jumped Mark Seiden. Eric, Brett Abess, and Jack all said last October that it would be Mark, then Eric's game. I knew Eric had HP so I figured it was 2 away.
Eric also jumped Pat when his GnR came out before TS4. This is really welcomed news because it means it's coming this year!
Edit: I figured Knapp (not Kaneda) must have had a reliable source, but I'm hearing today that that's not the case and what was said in October is still true. Mark's game is next, then Eric's.

Mark’s game is next.

#929 41 days ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Mark’s game is next.

Yes sir. That's what the post you quoted says. Mark's is next. Sorry to trigger your reply reflex before line 4. haha. (I could only edit it)

I also said this (below) a week ago, but the prospect of HP coming next (and the precedent of JJP bumping TS4 for GnR) made me want to believe Knapp's midnight report.

Quoted from Zavadoza:

It's Mark Seiden and his game is next up for JJP.
Eric Meunier is after that and I strongly believe that one is Harry Potter.

Mischief Managed!

#930 41 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

They damned well better make this a widebody

This. Lawlor's retired. Bring back widebodies. Eric's designs demand it. Godfather suffered by being crammed into a standard pin.

#931 41 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This. Lawlor's retired. Bring back widebodies. Eric's designs demand it. Godfather suffered by being crammed into a standard pin.

I remember Jack said in several interviews a few years ago that JJP is done with widebodies. Of course, that could change, and HP has so much content that it really should be made as a widebody.

#932 41 days ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Mark’s game is next.

Where does the conflicting info come from?

#933 41 days ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Where does the conflicting info come from?

There's no conflcting report. Just some confusion for a couple hours. Somebody said Harry Potter was next (but it's not), and Mark Seiden is not working on that game. He's been at JJP since October of 2021 and JJP didn't get that license until early '23. At expo last October Jack, Brett, and Eric all said that after Steve Ritchie's EJ it's going to be Mark's game then Eric's.

#934 41 days ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

There's no conflcting report. Just some confusion for a couple hours. Somebody said Harry Potter was next (but it's not), and Mark Seiden is not working on that game. He's been at JJP since October of 2021 and JJP didn't get that license until early '23. At expo last October Jack, Brett, and Eric all said that after Steve Ritchie's EJ it's going to be Mark's game then Eric's.

What are the rumors of what Mark is working on?

#935 41 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What are the rumors of what Mark is working on?

Muppets? Matrix?

#936 41 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Muppets? Matrix?

As long as we are starting rumers, let's not forget Pacman.

#937 41 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Muppets? Matrix?

My read is that most of the rumors have seemed to be calling for Muppets next. People seem to be actively quashing Matrix rumors when they pop up. HP seems to be favored for the release after.

The people in the know seem to be keeping a pretty tight lid on what’s coming.

For us:
Matrix is a maybe
HP is a must have
Muppets is a “what were they thinking?…”

We are just getting into the hobby and I would love to pick up a NIB JJP but it has to be the right one…

#938 40 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Muppets? Matrix?

Muppet Matrix would be hilarious.

But yeah, Muppets is the last game from the leaked list of JJP games from like 7 or 8 years ago, all of which have come to pass. Interesting if they stick to it and actually release Muppets.

#939 40 days ago

Theme wise matrix > muppets but I’m completely into the humor and lighthearted gameplay that muppets would offer. Regardless, with HP, Muppets, Matrix, BTTF, Top Gun? I’m going to be broke.

#940 40 days ago
Quoted from FutureEcho:

Matrix is a maybe
HP is a must have
Muppets is a “what were they thinking?…”
We are just getting into the hobby and I would love to pick up a NIB JJP but it has to be the right one…

Welcome to the hobby. One thing I’ve learned from having been in it for a while is “never say never”. There have been a lot of themes I thought would have zero appeal to me when I first heard of them. Then I played the game and couldn’t stop thinking about it to the point that I had to get it. I have three such examples in my collection right now: Rush, Elton John and John Wick. Now that they’re in my collection, I love them and play them constantly, but when I first heard they were coming out, I thought “Great. My wallet is safe. I’ll never want them.” Ha! That’s one of the things that makes this hobby great.

Personally, I think a Muppets game by JJP would be fun and interesting…especially if they incorporate the humor of The Muppet Show.

#941 40 days ago

If you guys haven't looked at the HP homebrew, go look at that monster. That guy incorporated what I've been talking about for years. A randomized subway system. "Brilliant". "Completely mental". (Harry potter quotes lol). The PERFECT tool to represent magic.

Quidditch:
Golden snitch - something like a sped up/random movement BSD mist multiball with a set of extra flipper buttons - have to hit the correct side button and then hit the snitch when it's present on that side of the playfield.
Bludger - fast moving randomly lit stand up target - points added to other team if not hit in a certain amount of time
Quaffle - Randomized all other shots - points added to other team if not hit in a certain amount of time. Perfect opportunity for statically placed goal post toys.

Incorporate a toy like TAFs rotating bookcase at Hogwarts base - used for chamber of secrets entry, tunnel back to Hogwarts, tunnel where Harry and Dudley get attacked by a dementor and as a ball lock. Shot only made by use of upper flipper side shot only (or accidental ricochet)

Since it would have magnets - perfect time to also use this feature to represent when a spell is cast.

Whomping willow - great time to create a toy that comes up from the playfield and spins (causing rubber branches to expand outward) knocking balls out of the way. Great way to incorporate a 4 flipper game. The modes would heavily rely on use of the 2 upper flippers to complete shots.

Voldemort representation - Harry is always weak when fighting Voldemort right? Go into flipper limp mode during Voldemort modes (until final wizard mode battle hah!).

#942 37 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

If you guys haven't looked at the HP homebrew, go look at that monster. That guy incorporated what I've been talking about for years. A randomized subway system. "Brilliant". "Completely mental". (Harry potter quotes lol). The PERFECT tool to represent magic.
Quidditch:
Golden snitch - something like a sped up/random movement BSD mist multiball with a set of extra flipper buttons - have to hit the correct side button and then hit the snitch when it's present on that side of the playfield.
Bludger - fast moving randomly lit stand up target - points added to other team if not hit in a certain amount of time
Quaffle - Randomized all other shots - points added to other team if not hit in a certain amount of time. Perfect opportunity for statically placed goal post toys.
Incorporate a toy like TAFs rotating bookcase at Hogwarts base - used for chamber of secrets entry, tunnel back to Hogwarts, tunnel where Harry and Dudley get attacked by a dementor and as a ball lock. Shot only made by use of upper flipper side shot only (or accidental ricochet)
Since it would have magnets - perfect time to also use this feature to represent when a spell is cast.
Whomping willow - great time to create a toy that comes up from the playfield and spins (causing rubber branches to expand outward) knocking balls out of the way. Great way to incorporate a 4 flipper game. The modes would heavily rely on use of the 2 upper flippers to complete shots.
Voldemort representation - Harry is always weak when fighting Voldemort right? Go into flipper limp mode during Voldemort modes (until final wizard mode battle hah!).

Where's the homebrew?

#944 37 days ago

I’m afraid it’s gonna be Muppets because JJP wants to mix in some “family friendly” games.

I hope they move quickly right past that game if that’s what it is.

But hey, HP is a family game so let’s get some Matrix.

Just can’t believe they would destroy momentum with that title

#945 36 days ago

After the edginess and mature content of Elton John I can see where they would want to shift gears a bit.

#946 36 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:After the edginess and mature content of Elton John I can see where they would want to shift gears a bit.

You can’t be serious?

#947 36 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

You can’t be serious?

He has on the rhinestoned platform shoes, so you know he's dead serious.

1 week later
#948 24 days ago

He who shall not be named is reiterating once again that HP is up next for JJP. Hope he is right

#949 24 days ago

He who shall not be named

Why are you quoting trudeau?

#950 24 days ago

How does JJP survive releasing 1 game a year? Maybe sales are so slow they pushed up a Harry Potter release.. highly doubtful.. but you never know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,999.99
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,399.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Little Shop Of Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Monroe, MI
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, OH
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.