Screenshot 2023-05-17 094349 (resized).jpg
D3AC342D-8B28-4636-AC2D-3298D680283C.gif
Hagrid Ritchie2 (resized).png
the-worst-thing-about-prison-was-the-dementors-dementors.gif
IMG_20230516_223229 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200801_185920 (resized).jpg
22DCB5C9-FF40-496B-A91D-40E3A74531D3 (resized).jpeg
19FEDBD3-F926-4A29-8329-462286D77912 (resized).jpeg

There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.
#801 9 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Just turn off those cringy JJP staff call outs in the game and you should be fine.lol Game has good flow.

Here’s the cringy call outs again!
What about those limp ass flippers?

#802 9 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Besides Steve working on either Matrix or Elton John what rumors are there?

Was looking back just now and that's about the extent of the rumor mill. I believe people just really hoped for a Maverick.

#803 9 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Here’s the cringy call outs again!

To be fair I hate the Haggis made call outs in Fathom also. Literally stops me from buying the game.

#804 9 months ago

If I was the boss!!Movie or book material.
Two HP games three years apart
Eric on design David Thiel on audio
Chris Franchi artwork and of course de Win on animations!

#805 9 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I hope not. Game of Thrones was that style and it sucked.

I actually really love my game of thrones premium…what’s wrong with it….what am I missing?

It’s a really complex game that keeps drawing me back to it…..and is probably one of the reasons that drew my to god father, awesome theme picking a faction and then going to town…maybe its just me but an HP theme would be a huge Pin in my house hold. all our family read the books saw the movies and did the theme park…loved it and had a blast…even drank the expensive Solda we had to stand in line for…for sure a CE in our house!

#806 9 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

I actually really love my game of thrones premium…what’s wrong with it….what am I missing?
It’s a really complex game that keeps drawing me back to it…..and is probably one of the reasons that drew my to god father, awesome theme picking a faction and then going to town…maybe its just me but an HP theme would be a huge Pin in my house hold. all our family read the books saw the movies and did the theme park…loved it and had a blast…even drank the expensive Solda we had to stand in line for…for sure a CE in our house!

Loved the show, I don't think the pin did a good job immersing you into the Game of Throne series.

#807 9 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Loved the show, I don't think the pin did a good job immersing you into the Game of Throne series.

Didn't the GoT pin have just half the seasons in the series available? Given that they only had like 4 seasons or so available at the time, I think they represented it very well. The Premium is one of my favorite pins, though I like the code better before it was pretty substantially changed in the final update.

#808 9 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Didn't the GoT pin have just half the seasons in the series available? Given that they only had like 4 seasons or so available at the time, I think they represented it very well. The Premium is one of my favorite pins, though I like the code better before it was pretty substantially changed in the final update.

Anyway to put the prior code back on?

#809 9 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Anyway to put the prior code back on?

It should be possible IF you have the prior code, but the two version play VERY differently, so you have to be sure you want that. I guess you could always upgrade again if you didn't like it. The older code DOES have some known bugs, though (including a big one in battle for the wall (or is it winter has come? I forget) multiball).

#810 9 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I guess you’ve reached the degree of acceptance that JJP is doing HP!
Lol

I hope they do!

#811 9 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Fixed. And I was the biggest, loudest critic of their pre-Godfather flippers. I'm still of the opinion most of their games play like shit, frankly. Not anymore.

1 month later
#812 8 months ago

It’s interesting how some podcasters are minimizing the HP license since JJP is known to have it.I’m fairly certain if Stern announced having the license the hype machine would be somewhat more active and positive?

#813 8 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s interesting how some podcasters are minimizing the HP license since JJP is known to have it.I’m fairly certain if Stern announced having the license the hype machine would be somewhat more active and positive?

Well, yeah, they wouldn't blow it by making it the 4th movie or the HBO series. What's that saying? The best way to predict one's future is to look at their past.

#814 8 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Well, yeah, they wouldn't blow it by making it the 4th movie or the HBO series. What's that saying? The best way to predict one's future is to look at their past.

Yeah , if Stern did it it would be a comic book version .

IMG_20230630_233244 (resized).jpgIMG_20230630_233244 (resized).jpg
#815 8 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

I'm not so sure of that, Stern's been on a role lately. Ghostbusters they got full assets from the first film and used some from the 2nd movie. Godzilla they got a ton of original licensed assets. Same goes for Foo Fighters. Yeah Dead Pool is the comic version but that worked out better for the pin.

I'm much more concerned about what type of licensed assets JJP would get for Harry Potter. For Pirates they couldn't use any actor video or actor audio, just weird and the only voice you ever hear is Mr. Gibbs. Toy Story we know what happened there. Wonka features a lot of licensed assets but then for some reason you don't see many clips play with actor audio / video and the iconic songs are missing. GNR was a homerun license wise thanks to Slash's involvement. Godfather is just meh IMO as once again there's at least two primary actors missing (one being out of JJP's control, Fredo) and limited assets beyond the first film.

#816 8 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Like Jurassic Park.

#817 8 months ago

In JJP’s defense they had to do something with the GF license?
Not really my point anyway!

#818 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not so sure of that, Stern's been on a role lately. Ghostbusters they got full assets from the first film and used some from the 2nd movie. Godzilla they got a ton of original licensed assets. Same goes for Foo Fighters. Yeah Dead Pool is the comic version but that worked out better for the pin.
I'm much more concerned about what type of licensed assets JJP would get for Harry Potter. For Pirates they couldn't use any actor video or actor audio, just weird and the only voice you ever hear is Mr. Gibbs. Toy Story we know what happened there. Wonka features a lot of licensed assets but then for some reason you don't see many clips play with actor audio / video and the iconic songs are missing. GNR was a homerun license wise thanks to Slash's involvement. Godfather is just meh IMO as once again there's at least two primary actors missing (one being out of JJP's control, Fredo) and limited assets beyond the first film.

Lol , including Ghostbusters with assets on a dmd and Foo Fighters with no actual footage .
Jurassic Park , Deadpool , Avengers , Turtles have no original assets .
Guardians of the Galaxy has no audio with the clips , the best they have done is Star Wars .
Batman 66 , Godzilla , Elvira , Munsters are good but how old are they .

#819 8 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

In JJP’s defense they had to do something with the GF license?
Not really my point anyway!

And they just added more clips to the GF .

#820 8 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lol , including Ghostbusters with assets on a dmd and Foo Fighters with no actual footage .
Jurassic Park , Deadpool , Avengers , Turtles have no original assets .
Guardians of the Galaxy has no audio with the clips , the best they have done is Star Wars .
Batman 66 , Godzilla , Elvira , Munsters are good but how old are they .

Stranger Things was done well.

#821 8 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

I'm not sure that would be a bad way to do it. The problem with the movie versions is that so many actors are involved that licensing it would be SOOOO costly... Get full access to the stories of the books and movies and do comic art... I think that could be done well...

#822 8 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Good to hear , I haven't seen it enough to comment on it .

#823 8 months ago
Quoted from Jazman:

I'm not sure that would be a bad way to do it. The problem with the movie versions is that so many actors are involved that licensing it would be SOOOO costly... Get full access to the stories of the books and movies and do comic art... I think that could be done well...

But that's not what people want , although something is better than nothing .

#824 8 months ago

LOTR was so well done with the mixture of movie audio clips and then the actor/s shot call outs. What about the Hobbit? Another fine example of the same.
There is no excuse to turn this into a comic art failure.
I'm still not quite believing that JJP has the HP license knowing JKs stance on gambling machines, but if I had the option to choose I'd rather it be JJP than Stern. But knowing JJP they'll choose to use the new anime goofy HP material instead of what the world actually grew up with and freaking ruin it. This is a one time shot at an iconic pin. I really lost faith in JJP when thy released TS4. What a complete boneheaded move to ignore the entire series that people cherish let alone choose the one movie that is the least popular. Derp.

a0b63c0bc3629c1ae9e468546ddf4477 (resized).jpga0b63c0bc3629c1ae9e468546ddf4477 (resized).jpg
#825 8 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

LOTR was so well done with the mixture of movie audio clips and then the actor/s shot call outs. What about the Hobbit? Another fine example of the same.
There is no excuse to turn this into a comic art failure.
I'm still not quite believing that JJP has the HP license knowing JKs stance on gambling machines, but if I had the option to choose I'd rather it be JJP than Stern. But knowing JJP they'll choose to use the new anime goofy HP material instead of what the world actually grew up with and freaking ruin it. This is a one time shot at an iconic pin. I really lost faith in JJP when thy released TS4. What a complete boneheaded move to ignore the entire series that people cherish let alone choose the one movie that is the least popular. Derp.
[quoted image]

I get it , but JJP did what Disney wanted .
Every manufacturer would want every asset possible but sometimes , something is better than nothing .
And yes , the The Hobbit Rocks .

#826 8 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Bond has pretty much the entire Sean Connery film library in the game.

#827 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bond has pretty much the entire Sean Connery film library in the game.

artwork wise though they only have the poster art to work with. So the game is pretty fugly.

#828 8 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Oh because Brian combined afm with mm features and the same layout

#829 8 months ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

We're talking about licensed theme asset integration, buddy.

It's a shame stern tries to lock down people's ability to mod video clips into their pins. The TMNT and JP user stuff is great...

#830 8 months ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I was just referring to using real assets from the license.

#831 8 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Well, i would say asset management is the best there is full stop for woz, hobbit and gnr.
Plz find me ANY game ever with better assetmanagement.

If they go back to their old formula wide body, with lots of toys and imagination, hp can become the best ever.

3 weeks later
#832 7 months ago

Here’s some interesting Harry Potter news to start off the week…

Kapow Offered $4 Million for Harry Potter Pinball & It Wasn’t Enough - Here’s What’s Coming Instead

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/harry-potter-pinball-isn-t-happening-at-least-not-the-way-big-fans-want-it

E3067FDA-37A0-4E46-B8A6-EFB95E77C341 (resized).jpegE3067FDA-37A0-4E46-B8A6-EFB95E77C341 (resized).jpeg
#833 7 months ago

My family pre-order Hogwarts legacy and when it finally was able to be downloaded I think I saw them play for two days. Then back to FN and COD.

#834 7 months ago

Was a dissapointment because I paid $60 for the damn game and all the other games they play cost me nothing other than minimal monthlu gamepass charge.

#835 7 months ago

Was expecting to be disappointed. This looks to confirm expectations.

I hope they don't throw away a pin with another lame 18th of a theme like TS4

Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Here’s some interesting Harry Potter news to start off the week…
Kapow Offered $4 Million for Harry Potter Pinball & It Wasn’t Enough - Here’s What’s Coming Instead
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/harry-potter-pinball-isn-t-happening-at-least-not-the-way-big-fans-want-it
[quoted image]

#836 7 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Was a dissapointment because I paid $60 for the damn game and all the other games they play cost me nothing other than minimal monthlu gamepass charge.

Gamepass is the future.

#837 7 months ago

$10 million full Harry Potter license is $2,000 per game if you sell 5000 pins. Not IMPOSSIBLE given the $12k current JJP pricing. But they'd have to be real sure they can deliver because if they sold less than 5k units the math would get ugly, fast.

#838 7 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$10 million full Harry Potter license is $2,000 per game if you sell 5000 pins. Not IMPOSSIBLE given the $12k current JJP pricing. But they'd have to be real sure they can deliver because if they sold less than 5k units the math would get ugly, fast.

$12,500, and $15,000 for Jersey Jack pinball .

How much higher can they go?

Or stay at that level and have a thinner profit run.

#839 7 months ago
Quoted from chad:

$12,500, and $15,000 for Jersey Jack pinball .
How much higher can they go?
Or stay at that level and have a thinner profit run.

Thinner margin per unit, but more units. It's one of the few themes that could easily exceed what they sold with GnR.

#840 7 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Thinner margin per unit, but more units. It's one of the few themes that could easily exceed what they sold with GnR.

5000 units is about what GNR did. Most for JJP and even more than what a lot of stern titles do. I am not sure id make the bet. GNR came out at best possible time..wouldnt sell as many today I don't think.

#841 7 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

5000 units is about what GNR did. Most for JJP and even more than what a lot of stern titles do. I am not sure id make the bet. GNR came out at best possible time..wouldnt sell as many today I don't think.

I dunno. I think a full-license Harry Potter would destroy all comers if JJP did it. Could sell even more than 5k units. But, and it's a Kardashian-sized but, they would have to deliver a premium Harry Potter experience. Not a safe bet by any means, but do-able with the right team.

#842 7 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I´m certain that a well made and loaded HP would sell 10000 units.

On the other hand look at ts4, barren cash grabs with terrible game play, will not sell, no matter what theme.

#843 7 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

JJP was number 2 when GNR came out and sold well, now Godfather is miles behind Scooby in sales which means they are a distant number 4 now. A few years makes a big difference with all this new competition. This outrageous price, lacking software, no mechs, Mirco playfield business model is not going to work now that the covid log jam is over and the market is flooded with cheaper better games. Anything but full license Harry Potter is not going to sell much. Maybe better than GF, but that is not saying much. Full license HP would probably sell a lot even at this price structure and very few mechs or software updates.

#844 7 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

JJP was number 2 when GNR came out and sold well, now Godfather is miles behind Scooby in sales which means they are a distant number 4 now. A few years makes a big difference with all this new competition. This outrageous price, lacking software, no mechs, Mirco playfield business model is not going to work now that the covid log jam is over and the market is flooded with cheaper better games. Anything but full license Harry Potter is not going to sell much. Maybe better than GF, but that is not saying much. Full license HP would probably sell a lot even at this price structure and very few mechs or software updates.

Now i will get downvotes in abundance, but....

I would totally do it like hobbit with three great wizard modes, then instead of printing out the wizard modes, i´d make three microscreen next to each of the wizard mode lights. then i would stack the game for the first movie, maybe wizards mode learning to fly, chess game, battle with quirrell.
Make it amazing in it´s own with some available targets also with micro screens to be able to label targets differently.
Have some of recurring items in the game, such as hogwarts, dark forrest, qudditch field.

Then i would dlc the rest of the movies with new rulesets+wizard modes etc. Maybe with a year inbetween at 1K$ a pop. This is where micro screens for targets and wizard modes comes handy.

Another option ofc of making the most of an expensive license is making multiple complete games, such as one for first two moves etc, maybe a total of three machines.

Harry potter world is big enough to be way profitable. I just hope it gets the treatment it deserves and if anyone states they are not interested in this license, i´m sure most of them have kids and/or grandkids that are and will be fascinated if it´s a machine on par or better then woz toy-wise.

#845 7 months ago

Not a Harry Potter fan, but a full asset JJP Harry Potter pinball machine would be amazing if it had the same love and attention as games such as Wizard of Oz.

I didn't care for a Wizard of Oz theme in my pinball collection, but when I finally owned one, it was the game that got the most attention from pinball newbies. Now I miss my WoZ....

#846 7 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gamepass is the future.

We have had it for a long time. If you don't know there is a trick to get it for $6 a month for 3 years at a time. I've on my second cycle of that.

#847 7 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

We have had it for a long time. If you don't know there is a trick to get it for $6 a month for 3 years at a time. I've on my second cycle of that.

We did the conversion when it was like $4/mo with the trick. We're topped out until like 2026 on two accounts. Tremendous value. But I think MS finally closed the loophole last month.

#848 7 months ago

Damn that sucks, but it was nice while it lasted.

#849 7 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Damn that sucks, but it was nice while it lasted.

Even at $15/mo, Gamepass is a tremendous value. There are some dry spells with mostly indie releases, but for the most part, it has a great selection of games that feel "free."

#850 7 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

How do you do that??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-harry-potter-pin-coming/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.