Screenshot 2023-05-17 094349 (resized).jpg
D3AC342D-8B28-4636-AC2D-3298D680283C.gif
Hagrid Ritchie2 (resized).png
the-worst-thing-about-prison-was-the-dementors-dementors.gif
IMG_20230516_223229 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200801_185920 (resized).jpg
22DCB5C9-FF40-496B-A91D-40E3A74531D3 (resized).jpeg
19FEDBD3-F926-4A29-8329-462286D77912 (resized).jpeg

There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.
#701 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

They probably laugh when you say cringe because its cringe when you say it. How do you do my fellow kids?

Here's one I heard the other day "that's cap". I had no idea what the person was talking about...Are people just making up terms now?

Screenshot 2023-05-17 094349 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-05-17 094349 (resized).jpg

#702 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

They probably laugh when you say cringe because its cringe when you say it. How do you do my fellow kids?

Rent free?

#703 10 months ago

I'm excited about either a HP or Matrix - but apprehensive.

I really thought I would be all in on a Toy Story until the reveal.

#704 10 months ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Hate to break it to you, but J.K.Rowling doesn't exclusively own the rights to Harry Potter. NBCUniversal and Warner Brothers own the rights to the films and the Wizarding World. If the machine is purely coming from the films then I don't believe she will have much of anything to do with it at all.

She owns the intellectual property which trump's all. So NBC u and Warner Brothers can't make any decisions or approve to have a pinball machine for HP

#705 10 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's not cringe, it's cringey.
Get it right.

Its cringe or its based

#706 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's one I heard the other day "that's cap". I had no idea what the person was talking about...Are people just making up terms now?
[quoted image]

Gretchen, stop trying to make Fetch happen!

#707 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They would be mad to limit themselves to 6000 games and not have a unlimited standard version .
Keep the gameplay the same but have plastics instead of detailed sculps of Hogwarts in the back left corner and Diagon Alley to the right and Ron Weasley's car , Harry on his Broom stick , The Golden Snitch and Hogwarts Express .
Harry Potter and Back to the Future are the two biggest licences possible in pinball .
If it was done like the Hobbit with all the assets , heaps of unique modes and wizard modes , with a great layout , it could be easily be the number one rated pinball machine .

I get that there's a few people who want a Back to the Future pinball machine for their home collection, but to call it the "biggest license possible in pinball" is a bit of a stretch yeah??

All the marvel stuff, star wars, the addams family, willy wonka, star trek, ghostbusters, wizard of oz, TMNT, Bond, etc etc. Are all "bigger" licenses. BTTF has kind of faded into obscurity over the last 40 years. Sure anyone over 35 remembers it, but the IP has not had any new material come out since then to make it relevant in the modern era (compared to all those other IPs I mentioned which were bigger originally AND have had plenty of remakes/sequels/spin offs/etc in the mean time)

I don't think it would be a waste of a slot to make another BTTF pin, but lets dial back the hyperbole. It's not in the same league as harry potter.

#708 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I get that there's a few people who want a Back to the Future pinball machine for their home collection, but to call it the "biggest license possible in pinball" is a bit of a stretch yeah??
All the marvel stuff, star wars, the addams family, willy wonka, star trek, ghostbusters, wizard of oz, TMNT, Bond, etc etc. Are all "bigger" licenses. BTTF has kind of faded into obscurity over the last 40 years. Sure anyone over 35 remembers it, but the IP has not had any new material come out since then to make it relevant in the modern era (compared to all those other IPs I mentioned which were bigger originally AND have had plenty of remakes/sequels/spin offs/etc in the mean time)
I don't think it would be a waste of a slot to make another BTTF pin, but lets dial back the hyperbole. It's not in the same league as harry potter.

Pretty sure BTTF is the most wanted theme for a new pin. Endless discussions and polls (and not just by me) have shown this to be true.

#709 10 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'm excited about either a HP or Matrix - but apprehensive.
I really thought I would be all in on a Toy Story until the reveal.

Godfather redemption

#710 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I think you are underestimating how big Back to the Future still is. It doesn't need another trilogy or some show to keep it relevant, it's pretty much timeless at this point. Hell I owned a Delorean for a couple years and people loved seeing it because of those movies. "1.21 gigawatts!" some guy yelled cutting his grass as I passed by lol. Back to the Future is a theme filled with a ton of fun charm and fun.

I would say Back to the Future is easily more popular then Batman 66, Elvira, TMNT, and a number of other themes that have been made into modern pins. A BTTF pin will print money. Back to the Future and Harry Potter seem like two of the last giant themes that haven't had a modern pin made.

If people think an Elwin Godzilla pin is big just wait to see what happens if he does BTTF. If done right it will sell like crazy.

#711 10 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Pretty sure BTTF is the most wanted theme for a new pin. Endless discussions and polls (and not just by me) have shown this to be true.

crujones4life is the beetlejuice of BTTF, but you only have to say it once and he appears! Imaging both HP and BTTF within the next few years!

#712 10 months ago

BTTF is absolutely massive, and certainly my dream theme (except I don't base my whole existence around it unlike way way too many Harry Potter fans). I hate to say it, but I think Harry Potter is probably still the biggest dream theme in pinball and BTTF in a fairly close second. Not too long ago BTTF had it easily, but now BTTF is starting to become more of a boomer theme at this point. However, I do believe we'll get (another) BTTF pinball, I'm still not under the belief HP is gonna happen. All I gotta do is hope BTTF isn't ruined like my other dream theme- Ghostbusters (or the original BTTF pin)

#713 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its cringe or its based

It's idiotic

#714 10 months ago

Time for a Pingretional hearing into what is being said...

We pinheads need to get to the bottom of this.

#715 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

All I gotta do is hope BTTF isn't ruined like my other dream theme- Ghostbusters (or the original BTTF pin)

All the dream themes seem to turn out to be a big disappointment cause they cant live up to the fantasy. SM, XMEN, SW to name a few They all turn out to be great to many but don't seem to recover from that disappointment. I'm sure HP will be the same for those that wore spectacles or have wands under their pillows.

Seems like the MET, IMDM, GZ types where we don't expect much of the theme turn out great. FF is a nice surprise maybe why the music pins do so well.

Good luck with you experience on BTTF and those who have already pre-ordered HP

#716 10 months ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Would they? You can easily get any Toy Story and the Godfather LE at the prices they charge now.

Most of the Elder Potter fans most likely have not seen a pin. They catch wind of it and it may be a frenzy.

May not be Supreme level money....

#717 10 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Awesome job with the photoshopping-I almost want to make it my temporary Avatar(It looks really good)

Photoshop is so 2020. That's Midjourney v5.

#718 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

BTTF is absolutely massive, and certainly my dream theme (except I don't base my whole existence around it unlike way way too many Harry Potter fans). I hate to say it, but I think Harry Potter is probably still the biggest dream theme in pinball and BTTF in a fairly close second. Not too long ago BTTF had it easily, but now BTTF is starting to become more of a boomer theme at this point. However, I do believe we'll get (another) BTTF pinball, I'm still not under the belief HP is gonna happen. All I gotta do is hope BTTF isn't ruined like my other dream theme- Ghostbusters (or the original BTTF pin)

JJP is rumored to have BTTF too!

#719 10 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What are you on aboot?

#721 10 months ago

you can't even make a post without bttf in it!

#722 10 months ago

Mark, when BTTF finally comes out I'm going to invite you and Todd to come hang out in the arcade and enjoy it brother. Stern shouldn't have sat on its ass and let Harry Potter slip away. Can bet they won't make that mistake again.

#723 10 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Look at the default high score for Rescue Forky Champ…noticed this today on my game.

IMG_3623 (resized).jpegIMG_3623 (resized).jpeg
#724 10 months ago

Mark, when BTTF finally comes out I'm going to invite you and Todd to come hang out in the arcade and enjoy it brother. Stern shouldn't have sat on its ass and let Harry Potter slip away. Can bet they won't make that mistake again.

Harry Potter and Back To The Future release within 2 weeks of one another.

#725 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Look at the default high score for Rescue Forky Champ…noticed this today on my game.

My friend Michael J. Fox (no relation) works at JJP.

#726 10 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Lol that’s awesome!

#727 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

If you've been on pinside for long enough you would see Harry Potter and Back to the Future are the most requested titles , followed by Pokemon and Mario .
They're not my Dream theme but even my wife (who isn't into pinball) said if they ever make a back to the future pin you have to get it .

#728 10 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

come on Yancy, you could have let pinside run wild with that for a little bit before pulling the rug out.

nice to know you and Mike are friends, I can recall an evening when . . . .

#729 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

She owns the intellectual property which trump's all. So NBC u and Warner Brothers can't make any decisions or approve to have a pinball machine for HP

She doesn’t own IP , she owns literary copyright, Warner bros pretty
Much has everything else.

https://www.icsid.org/uncategorized/can-you-sell-harry-potter-products/

#730 10 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

That would be the best troll ever. JJP announces BTTF with custom call outs from Michael j. Fox, but it's actually just call outs from your friend.

#731 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

In pinball is the qualifier here. Yes, for general worldwide popularity, it's not close to the top of the pack. But in pinball specific demographic, it's Top 3 requested for sure. I'm not sure people requested the IPs you mentioned more often than BTTF on Pinside. I'm also skeptical Addams, Wonka, and WOZ are bigger than BTTF. Just because license deals happen easier/more often doesn't mean they're more popular. It just means the rights holders like making deals.

I'd say HP and BTTF are about equal within the pin demo. I feel like that always needs to be emphasized now. But HP has a leg up in family-friendly locations.

#732 10 months ago

Number one thing JJP needs to do moving forward:

-Get rid of the obnoxious upside down ridiculous clown puke pinstadiums that shine in your face while playing.

If Harry Potter looks like a clown show-it will be an instant pass for me

#733 10 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-Get rid of the obnoxious upside down ridiculous clown puke pinstadiums that shine in your face while playing.

I’m just happy Stern got beat out of this IP! Karma for stealing Godzilla maybe lol.What’s funny is Stern actually copied Eric’s Hot Rails with their expression lighting.

#734 10 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m just happy Stern got beat out of this IP! Karma for stealing Godzilla maybe lol.

Nobody is stealing anything. Either you have the business aptitude to construct a successful licensing agreement or you don't. I can sell ice to eskimos and could have smoozed J. K. Rowling years ago

#735 10 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Nobody is stealing anything. Either you have the business aptitude to construct a successful licensing agreement or you don't. I can sell ice to eskimos and could have smoozed J. K. Rowling years ago

Ice to eskimos lol

IMG_7959 (resized).pngIMG_7959 (resized).png
#736 10 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ice to eskimos lol

Actually I am not sour at JJP at all for obtaining the license and feel it is kinda a JJP style game anyway(Only thing I am sour about is Steve jumping ship). Stuff it with a bunch of toys and make sure the code is full of depth like a story book of sorts.

Now if JJP got Beetlejuice-I would be pissed

#737 10 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ice to eskimos lol

those grapes are not sour - she just bit her finger.

#738 10 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

those grapes are not sour - she just bit her finger.

Just the tip!

#739 10 months ago

Looking at last two games, i´m worried there will be a thousand leds and one toy, wich will be a pop up head of voldemort, but since they didnt get his image licensed it will only be the letter "V" that pops up.

PLz bring back the world under glass from the first three games.

#740 10 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Looking at last two games, i´m worried there will be a thousand leds and one toy, wich will be a pop up head of voldemort, but since they didnt get his image licensed it will only be the letter "V" that pops up.
PLz bring back the world under glass from the first three games.

BTW isn´t there loads of good movie titles where licenses has expired? I mean since the 70 years rule apply????
Most of hitchcock etc etc etc.

#741 10 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Name dropper.

#742 10 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think you're pretty much alone on this one with people who have owned JJP machines from GnR on. Hot rails are fantastic, generally speaking. Really add to general playfield ambience and make great attract mode light shows. If you don't like LEDs blasting you, turn the intensity down in the settings. I do that on Sterns first thing, too. 100% LED in a dark room is way too much.

#743 10 months ago

Ahhhh finally a theme just begging for more clarinet

#744 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Unfortunately, the fan base took it to embarrassing levels

Quoted from Haymaker:

I don't base my whole existence around it unlike way way too many Harry Potter fans

The only problem with your take is the effect HP fans apparently have on you. What do they have to do with anything? Think whatever you want about the books and movies, but the fandom is completely irrelevant, regardless of how they behave.

#745 10 months ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

The only problem with your take is the effect HP fans apparently have on you. What do they have to do with anything? Think whatever you want about the books and movies, but the fandom is completely irrelevant, regardless of how they behave.

This is a common misconception/cope. They have no effect on me. I'm simply pointing and laughing.

#746 10 months ago

Off topic but I watched JUNGLE on amazon last night and Daniel Radcliffe was really good and thought he has done well for himself shaking the harry potter role by taking on a lot of off beat films that flex his acting chops. In fact my wife said ,"that guy looks familiar."

#747 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

[quoted image]

BTTF please! That would be so amazing.

#748 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Off topic but I watched JUNGLE on amazon last night and Daniel Radcliffe was really good and thought he has done well for himself shaking the harry potter role by taking on a lot of off beat films that flex his acting chops. In fact my wife said ,"that guy looks familiar."

Daniel Radcliffe in Weird: The Al Yankovic Story!!
He wouldn't do any callouts for an HP pin though, since JKR is pissed at him for supporting marginalized youth that she happens to hate, as a longstanding spokesperson for The Trevor Project.
I hope Radcliffe follows in like Elijah Wood's footsteps on taking on riskier indie projects too. Like funding Color Out Of Space, because everyone needs Nicholas Cage doing Lovecraft horror!

#749 10 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Daniel Radcliffe in Weird: The Al Yankovic Story!!
He wouldn't do any callouts for an HP pin though, since JKR is pissed at him for supporting marginalized youth that she happens to hate, as a longstanding spokesperson for The Trevor Project.
I hope Radcliffe follows in like Elijah Wood's footsteps on taking on riskier indie projects too. Like funding Color Out Of Space, because everyone needs Nicholas Cage doing Lovecraft horror!

I was a bit let down with Color Out of Space, cuz your right, it sounds like a match made in heaven. I really enjoyed Elijah Wood in " I Dont Feel at Home in the World Anymore."

#750 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I was a bit let down with Color Out of Space, cuz your right, it sounds like a match made in heaven. I really enjoyed Elijah Wood in " I Dont Feel at Home in the World Anymore."

yeah I get that, certainly you hope it worked out better. I love the soundtrack to Color Out of Space. Colin Stetson also did the Hereditary soundtrack. That part is uncompromisingly good!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-harry-potter-pin-coming/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.