IMG_3623 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-05-17 094349 (resized).jpg
D3AC342D-8B28-4636-AC2D-3298D680283C.gif
Hagrid Ritchie2 (resized).png
the-worst-thing-about-prison-was-the-dementors-dementors.gif
IMG_20230516_223229 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200801_185920 (resized).jpg
22DCB5C9-FF40-496B-A91D-40E3A74531D3 (resized).jpeg
There are 881 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 11 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Honestly crazy deep rules would be a huge turn off for me . I don’t understand the need for for crazy deep rules, I only care about fun rules ( and usually crazy deep rules are not fun for me). Sorry not meant to be a dig against you or the types of games you enjoy, complex games usually bore the hell out of me.
That photo is the worst fake I have seen (so most likely just more bs) but if a Harry Potter pin were to be made I’d be buying one because my wife and daughter love Harry Potter. I just hope the rules are good because I’ll be the one playing it the most.

I mean deep in the sense of a lot of story and objective based modes with unique mode choreography for each versus modes focused on complex stacking multiplier rules that lack choreography elements (unique music, movie clips, light shows, etc all timed to shots). The last thing I want to see in a Harry Potter pin is a bunch of generic multiballs (sorry Godfather and GNR) with the same rotating multiball name animation playing on the screen while every shot is lit for a jackpot.

Have a Harry Potter pin cover all 7 films (well 8 as the last one was two movies) and say 5 main modes, a multiball, and a wizard mode for each film (school year). That would be fun, and it would be amazing to have 35 - 40 modes like described above in a game. However, what's been buzz kill to me are some of these latest games with generic rules and or those focused more on points versus a journey. Every mode should instead feel focused and story based with it's own unique mode choreography. Have some cool hooks for completing modes such as items to collect (example, collect so many items from mode completions to an unlock a mini wizard mode). Stuff like that is fun to have in games and is far more rewarding IMO versus rulesets focused mainly on points.

If a ruleset for a modern game at today's price is too basic I'm not buying as it just won't have legs to last in a home collection IMO. Deeper higher quality rules = more value.

#502 11 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Honestly crazy deep rules would be a huge turn off for me . I don’t understand the need for for crazy deep rules, I only care about fun rules ( and usually crazy deep rules are not fun for me). Sorry not meant to be a dig against you or the types of games you enjoy, complex games usually bore the hell out of me.

The best pins have approachable rule sets for the casuals, with deeper rules for players that want to go there. I would hope JJP understands their customers and goes that route for Harry Potter, too. Wizard of Oz is a good example of that. Melt the Witch is essentially the halfway point, but a goal that would challenge and satisfy casuals, then there's all the other stuff after that, plus the (ultimately boring) Over the Rainbow final wizard/victory lap mode that no casual is gonna see.

#503 11 months ago

I doubt this is real. The Facebook profile that is allegedly Joe has nearly no posts and I find it highly unlikely that someone in his position would make a public spectacle like this.

#504 11 months ago

It will be based off the new show that HBO working on.

#505 11 months ago

New rumors going around

KnappArcade reporting Joe Kaminkow posted "Hey Pinball fans here’s the scoop- Jersey Jack has secured the license for Harry Potter for pinball- no waiting - no speculation - they locked it in"

#506 11 months ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

It will be based off the new show that HBO working on.

Thank god they didn't go with Hairy Pooter to counterprogram a Stern Potter pin.

#507 11 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Agreed. The game should have no more than 7 base modes (1 for each movie) and very limited stacking but knowing JJP they'll have like 28 modes that all feel the same and you'll be able to stack everything together.

If you look at Stern's most successful games, most have 6 base modes or fewer.

#508 11 months ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I doubt this is real. The Facebook profile that is allegedly Joe has nearly no posts and I find it highly unlikely that someone in his position would make a public spectacle like this.

I agree that the content of the post is highly unlikely to be real, but the very few posts on the account date back to 2011, so someone would have to be playing the really long game for the account itself to be fake. My bet is that someone broke into the account.

#509 11 months ago

I don't believe this rumor mainly because I don't think JJP is competent enough to get the license and do it well enough to have the game pass licensor approval.

#510 11 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Agreed. The game should have no more than 7 base modes (1 for each movie) and very limited stacking but knowing JJP they'll have like 28 modes that all feel the same and you'll be able to stack everything together.
If you look at Stern's most successful games, must have 6 base modes or fewer.

What?! That would be a severe mistake, 7 modes is far too little for such a title spanning 7 movies / school years. JJP is capable of 28 unique modes, just take a look at Hobbit. I agree with the generic feel of some of JJP's latest games, some of the modes start to almost come across as being procedurally generated (the 128 Pirates chapter and 20+ GNR song modes for example, minus the light shows in GNR modes which are unique).

6 - 7 base modes though won't cut it, not at these prices. Bring on 3 - 5 base modes per movie (x7), one multiball per movie (x7), a mini wizard mode per movie (x7), and a super wizard mode (x1) to top everything off. Make it all feel unique with each mode having its own mode choreography plus some cool stuff to unlock along the way.

Also, Stern has had multiple recent titles featuring much more then 6 base modes. Star Wars, and Batman 66 are a couple examples.

#511 11 months ago

It's amazing how one post could kill AP-GTF, Spooky-Scooby and Stern-Venom sales.

#512 11 months ago

Seems like the post is gone now.. or at least not public.

#513 11 months ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It's amazing how one post could kill AP-GTF, Spooky-Scooby and Stern-Venom sales.

It would take more than a rumor to even dent American Pinball, Spooky Pinball, or Stern Pinball.

LTG : )

#514 11 months ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern Venom should be DOA IMO. If this is a popular and desirable theme, I’m way out of step with the market. Why exactly do people want this?

#515 11 months ago

Cause it’s a new stern

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Stern Venom should be DOA IMO. If this is a popular and desirable theme, I’m way out of step with the market. Why exactly do people want this?

#516 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What?! That would be a severe mistake, 7 modes is far too little for such a title spanning 7 movies / school years. JJP is capable of 28 unique modes, just take a look at Hobbit. I agree with the generic feel of some of JJP's latest games, some of the modes start to almost come across as being procedurally generated (the 128 Pirates chapter and 20+ GNR song modes for example, minus the light shows in GNR modes which are unique).
6 - 7 base modes though won't cut it, not at these prices. Bring on 3 - 5 base modes per movie (x7), one multiball per movie (x7), a mini wizard mode per movie (x7), and a super wizard mode (x1) to top everything off. Make it all feel unique with each mode having its own mode choreography plus some cool stuff to unlock along the way.
Also, Stern has had multiple recent titles featuring much more then 6 base modes. Star Wars, and Batman 66 are a couple examples.

Yeah, I agree. There’s a lot of good content in the books and movies that can lend itself to pinball code. House sorting with a skill shot, 7 horcruxes destroyed before you can face the final wizard mode. 7 years of school. The battle of Hogwarts. Quidditch modes, chamber of secrets, tri-wizarding tournament. The room of requirement to get an extra ball. Fun stuff.

#517 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll agree to disagree on this one. If you look at any of Keith Elwin's hugely successful titles they all have a limited number of base modes that are nicely varied and fun. Same goes for Tanio games like Deadpool and FF. My favorite Lyman coded game is TWD which has 5 base modes. I think you can go a little bit higher than this but it's usually at the expense of making the modes less fun and unique. Stern Star Trek is an example of this with basically 18 base modes. They start feeling the same after a while. I'm not a fan at all of Hobbit or JPOTC's rules and I don't think GNR's rules are all that great either. I know with Star Wars you have potentially 12 base modes but a handful of those are spotted, depending on which character you select.

I'm not a buyer of Harry Potter anyways so I don't really care too much since I'd only play it on location. JJP's pricing and lack of code support have me firmly on the sidelines for future games. I do wish they would dial it back on the number of modes and the amount of stacking in their games.

#518 11 months ago

Theme wise I think cartoon Venom with Yeti art would sell pretty well. Movie Venom DOA

#519 11 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't believe this rumor mainly because I don't think JJP is competent enough to get the license and do it well enough to have the game pass licensor approval.

TerrificImpressiveAsianporcupine-max-1mb.gifTerrificImpressiveAsianporcupine-max-1mb.gif

#520 11 months ago

Unless that’s a fact Joe K. account, how would anyone in their right mind question this?

#521 11 months ago

Is this is some twisted sicko’s attempt at trolling JJP using Joe K.’s photoshopped facebook profile page? Joe’s last FB post appears to be November 28th 2022. Did Joe K. really post the bogus bad HP artwork on a Stern cabinet no less?

IMG_0538 (resized).jpegIMG_0538 (resized).jpeg

#522 11 months ago

It’s a K-man troll. Move along.

#523 11 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Theme wise I think cartoon Venom with Yeti art would sell pretty well. Movie Venom DOA

Ok, that makes sense I guess. I’m not hip to the Venom comic or its following. The movie just seemed stupid. At least the trailer, which is all I saw.

#524 11 months ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

It’s a K-man troll. Move along.

He wouldn't do that, he's all about positivity with this hobby.

#525 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Easily verified 100% fake. This is some twisted sicko’s attempt at trolling JJP using Joe K.’s photoshopped facebook profile page. Joe’s last post was November 28th 2022 and almost no posts on Twitter. So no Joe did not post this on his FB page like this moron is trying to pass off. It’s photoshopped fake all the way, as Joe K. did not post the bogus bad HP artwork on a Stern cabinet no less. (See photo of Joe K’s last FB post last year. Also of note, he is listed as former co-founder of Stern pinball on his FB profile, see upper left.). Joe K. has the option for HP pinball just as he’s already done for his slot machines and he’ll only do HP with Stern, as already stated out of his own mouth.
[quoted image]

I have Joe K in my Facebook friends list. I saw the post on his Facebook page and it has now been deleted. The last post is actually from 3rd May this year. It's still an active account.

It's definitely his own personal Facebook account. Nobody is running a long game of posting personal family photos for years just to make a fake post about JJP having Harry Potter pinball and then deleting the post.

#526 11 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I have Joe K in my Facebook friends list. I saw the post on his Facebook page and it has now been deleted. The last post is actually from 3rd May this year. It's still an active account.
It's definitely his own personal Facebook account. Nobody is running a long game of posting personal family photos for years just to make a fake post about JJP having Harry Potter pinball and then deleting the post.

rick-james-cocaine.gifrick-james-cocaine.gif
#527 11 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How bout a new artist for once? McFarlane is the right choice for Venom. I have zero desire for a Venom pin but if Todd was on it, it would peak my interest considerably.

#528 11 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Come on buddy so do I and I’ve never seen the post. You’re helping the troller. It was never I repeat never posted by Joe. Show us the proof because you can’t.

#529 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Come on buddy so do I and I’ve never seen the post. You’re helping the troller. It was never I repeat never posted by Joe. Show us the proof because you can’t.

This was huge news today. I took the screen capture and sent it to my friend who is a big Harry Potter fan. It happened. I have no reason to lie about this. See below.

What a crazy world we live in now where everyone is so distrusting. Everyone continue to argue and call a stranger a liar. Wow, what a great place Pinside is.

Screenshot_20230515_084715_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230515_084715_Facebook (resized).jpg
#530 11 months ago

Lets call Bullshit on that bullshit announcement

Like some shit that would spew from Special K

#531 11 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Lets call Bullshit on that bullshit announcement
Like some shit that would spew from Special K

Until a pinball machine is announced by a company, it's not real....but it happened and I provided proof that there was an actual post from the person in question. End of story.

#532 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The info was very much posted by this account - i saw it myself. And it's hard to believe it's not John, if the person hasn't created a fake profile for his wife too, a wife that the page says he's in a relationship with.

#533 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Easily verified 100% fake. This is some twisted sicko’s attempt at trolling JJP using Joe K.’s photoshopped facebook profile page. Joe’s last post was November 28th 2022 and almost no posts on Twitter. So no Joe did not post this on his FB page like this moron is trying to pass off. It’s photoshopped fake all the way, as Joe K. did not post the bogus bad HP artwork on a Stern cabinet no less. (See photo of Joe K’s last FB post last year. Also of note, he is listed as former co-founder of Stern pinball on his FB profile, see upper left.). Joe K. has the option for HP pinball just as he’s already done for his slot machines and he’ll only do HP with Stern, as already stated out of his own mouth.
[quoted image]

Do I miss something here? There's no Harry Potter slot machine? Jersey Jack Pinball seem to have a good relationship with Warner Bros though, who owns the rights for Wizard of Oz, Willy Wonka and also Harry Potter. Feels more likely they could land the license for it. If the rumors about The Matrix is true then you can add another one to the Warner Bros list.

#534 11 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I can't imagine too many hackers are plugged into the pinball scene.

We have a few trolls in his hobby

#535 11 months ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Do I miss something here? There's no Harry Potter slot machine? Jersey Jack Pinball seem to have a good relationship with Warner Bros though, who owns the rights for Wizard of Oz, Willy Wonka and also Harry Potter. Feels more likely they could land the license for it. If the rumors about The Matrix is true then you can add another one to the Warner Bros list.

And The Hobbit .

IMG_20230515_205714 (resized).jpgIMG_20230515_205714 (resized).jpg
#538 11 months ago

For me, I would buy a Venom machine before I would even consider HP
Read all the Venom comics in the 90's - never saw a HP movie

#540 11 months ago

IF Joe did post this , pretty unprofessional and you would expect blowback . Most of the companies know what each other are doing .
Spooky knew Stern got Godzilla , AP knows who's got Sonic . It's a small world , the Pinball world .

#541 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Google needs to get its act together

Google is more interested in selling your clicks than giving you correct results anymore. You can get MUCH better answers by starting your search with "Reddit" then adding whatever you're looking for to that.

Try searching for "who owns hobbit?"

Then try searching for "reddit, who owns hobbit?"

The much better results should come from the search with reddit, because it's a curated community with results like the old-timey Google when the correct answer was the most important thing, not selling your eyeballs and clicks. Same problem with Amazon search. Useless these days.

If you'll excuse me now, I have to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn...

#542 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would JJP making HP crush your world or something?You seem to be real concerned that this might happen.lol

#543 11 months ago

Whomever gets this theme should concentrate on 1 movie per release and run the complete series over a decade or more .To me this was the biggest mistake with Star Wars .There’s plenty in each movie to fill a pinball in both layout and code .This way ,”whomever” would be giving the fans the most bang for they’re buck humanly possible .

#544 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Whomever gets this theme should concentrate on 1 movie per release and run the complete series over a decade or more .To me this was the biggest mistake with Star Wars .There’s plenty in each movie to fill a pinball in both layout and code .This way ,”whomever” would be giving the fans the most bang for they’re buck humanly possible .

Is your avatar the paperboy that terrorizes John Cussack?

#545 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:Is your avatar the paperboy that terrorizes John Cussack?

I love the Asian race commentators

IMG_20230515_222607 (resized).jpgIMG_20230515_222607 (resized).jpgIMG_20230515_222817 (resized).jpgIMG_20230515_222817 (resized).jpg
#546 11 months ago

Fairpoint but they would have had to deal with them when getting the licence , helping them establish a good relationship with WB .

#547 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is your avatar the paperboy that terrorizes John Cussack?

Yupp

#548 11 months ago

Love the scene when he multiplies in his dream haha.

#549 11 months ago

I am friends with Joe K. on Facebook as well. He definitely posted this. Why is this so hard for some to accept/ believe?

#550 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Joe K. has the option for HP pinball just as he’s already done for his slot machines and he’ll only do HP with Stern, as already stated out of his own mouth.

can you post photos of these slot machines? nothing shows up searching the net.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,999.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 881 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-harry-potter-pin-coming/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.