Screenshot 2023-05-17 094349 (resized).jpg
D3AC342D-8B28-4636-AC2D-3298D680283C.gif
Hagrid Ritchie2 (resized).png
the-worst-thing-about-prison-was-the-dementors-dementors.gif
IMG_20230516_223229 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200801_185920 (resized).jpg
22DCB5C9-FF40-496B-A91D-40E3A74531D3 (resized).jpeg
19FEDBD3-F926-4A29-8329-462286D77912 (resized).jpeg

There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
#451 1 year ago

Too bad I got all excited about the troll post from Jack. I got some hopes that it was real.

I’m out on a Godfather and would’ve bought a HP EVEN with a Mirco playfield.

I will wait this one out and see how it matures with code and playfield quality, but I have no doubt Eric will make a great design.

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I am pretty sure lawlor retired after toy story.

So funny making all that criticism about Pat being washed up and he’s been retired for how long now?
Dialed In was one of the best smoothest shooting pins I ever played with a shit ton of (toys)
The worst thing about it was the dumbass name they stuck on it!
Don’t even criticize Wonka and yeah it will be around for along time!

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

The biggest downside of Godfather being Erics game is that in the Rotation if rumors are true Pat Lawlor would get Harry Potter (Godfather Eric, Elton John Ritchie, Then Pat for HP). Pat is a great designer, but is completely out of touch with younger themes. He completely fumbled Toy Story...I mean it could not have went worse for that theme. He is convinced that anyone under 40 ONLY wants screens everywhere, which is evident on his last 3 games. Wonka and Dialed in are decent games but I doubt anyone will give a shit about them in 10 years. After seeing what Jack Danger and Keith are doing over at Stern, JJ is in trouble. Eric is the one saving grace over there IMO. Calling Ritchie the KING at this point is nonsense. He has had a great career, and is legendary in pinball...but the newer designers are mopping the floor with the OG's.

Not sure what you are talking about, both Dialed In and Wonka are very well regarded and are two of Pats best games IMO.

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

So funny making all that criticism about Pat being washed up

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure what you are talking about, both Dialed In and Wonka are very well regarded and are two of Pats best games IMO

Yep, a restrictive license holder is definitely Pat's fault. And because it's Toy Story 4, the shots and flow all must suck too. And because of Toy Story, all his other games now apparently suck since he now allegedly sucks. /s

#455 1 year ago

Wonka is great and one that I will have sometime.

#456 1 year ago

Today I turned 57 and I’m a big kid at heart I loved Harry Potter and if they do make one I’ll be all over it. I wish the he’ll someone would do Beetle juice man what they could do with it.

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Today I turned 57 and I’m a big kid at heart I loved Harry Potter and if they do make one I’ll be all over it. I wish the he’ll someone would do Beetle juice man what they could do with it.

Happy Birthday !!
I would have preferred Harry Potter, 3 JJP's ago.
I've now lost all hope it ever gets made.

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yep, a restrictive license holder is definitely Pat's fault. And because it's Toy Story 4, the shots and flow all must suck too. And because of Toy Story, all his other games now apparently suck since he now allegedly sucks. /s

Jack said they had license for ALL of the Toy Story IP. They CHOSE to make it TS4...Pat wanted to make a carnival game and shoehorned TS into it. Dialed in Shoots great, the theme is absolute shit. Mom jeans holding an iphone. Wonka didn't do it for me. Pat had an incredible run early in his career. The middle was terrible (may or may not have been his fault, but the games sucked CSI, Monopoly, Nascar, RCT) I don't really want to just bash the guy, he seems like a very nice dude and has had a great career. My issue is that the best games are ones where the designer and the theme match. Eric loved GNR and while the balancing could be better, the theme integration and layout is outstanding. Wouldn't it be better to have a designer who grew up, or currently loves the IP?

#459 1 year ago

Jack said they had license for ALL of the Toy Story IP. They CHOSE to make it TS4...Pat wanted to make a carnival game and shoehorned TS into it. Dialed in Shoots great, the theme is absolute shit. Mom jeans holding an iphone. Wonka didn't do it for me. Pat had an incredible run early in his career. The middle was terrible (may or may not have been his fault, but the games sucked CSI, Monopoly, Nascar, RCT) I don't really want to just bash the guy, he seems like a very nice dude and has had a great career. My issue is that the best games are ones where the designer and the theme match. Eric loved GNR and while the balancing could be better, the theme integration and layout is outstanding. Wouldn't it be better to have a designer who grew up, or currently loves the IP?

Well at least you don’t have to worry about Lawlor fucking up anymore games!

#460 1 year ago

Jack said they had license for ALL of the Toy Story IP.

Okay now THAT pisses me off most.

#461 1 year ago

Jack said they had license for ALL of the Toy Story IP. They CHOSE to make it TS4...Pat wanted to make a carnival game and shoehorned TS into it.

Do you have a source for this info? First I’ve heard either of those claims.

#462 1 year ago

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/more-jersey-jack-inside-info-willy-wonka-was-not-the-first-toy-story-game-reskinned-more

They had the rights to all of the games but they wanted the focus to be 4. Pat had full license as far as I know.

#463 1 year ago

Jack said they had license for ALL of the Toy Story IP. They CHOSE to make it TS4...

When/ where did Jack say this? This would be such an insane decision to make willingly..

#464 1 year ago

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/more-jersey-jack-inside-info-willy-wonka-was-not-the-first-toy-story-game-reskinned-more
They had the rights to all of the games but they wanted the focus to be 4. Pat had full license as far as I know

Thanks for the source. That’s wild. I’m sure the “new contacts at Disney” were very persuasive.

From the article:
“The powers at Jersey Jack and their new contacts at Disney decided that the new Toy Story machine should focus on Toy Story 4, even though technically Jersey Jack's license still included assets from all four of the movies.”

#465 1 year ago

The fact that they had the IP for all of the films and still KNOWINGLY chose to only do TS4 tells me everything that I need to know about future licensing. What a shit choice. Gawd.

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

The fact that they had the IP for all of the films and still KNOWINGLY chose to only do TS4 tells me everything that I need to know about future licensing. What a shit choice. Gawd.

Yeah, I could see maybe choosing to do only TS1, but if you are going to choose just one of the movies, it shouldn't have been TS4.

#467 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yeah, I could see maybe choosing to do only TS1, but if you are going to choose just one of the movies, it shouldn't have been TS4.

TS1 or TS3 were the only two choices that would make sense.

#468 1 year ago

My loose understanding of the story was JJP got the POTC and Toy Story license around the same time (when the TS4 movie would have been in advance stages of pre-production). People did not like the lack of film clips in POTC. JJP went back to re-negotiate the Toy Story license to get movie clips....things happened and years went by. Toy Story 4 with movie clips was the result

I also imagine Toy Story 4 with movie clips was far cheaper than Toy Story 1-3 with clips.

#469 1 year ago

Disney also wanted 4 because of the improved animation.JJP should have said NO!!!
This could have been the mountain they planted their victory flag on and they fucked it up.
Let’s all move on now!GnR kicks ass

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Happy birthday Amigo and Beetlejuice soundtrack would carry over awesome in a pin.

2 months later
#471 10 months ago

Uhhhh

IMG_3520 (resized).jpegIMG_3520 (resized).jpeg
#472 10 months ago

I see the post as well! Hopefully this is true? If so amazing news. Go crazy deep on the rules JJP.

#473 10 months ago

Was really hoping Stern got the license for this one. Oh well.

#474 10 months ago

Please get Eric on this license.

#475 10 months ago

Well I wonder on a release date now and I’m screwed with getting a CE if it’s true atleast the wife will immediately sign off

#476 10 months ago

Imagine if this is Steve Ritchie's game.

#477 10 months ago

It makes sense that they have it given Jack's facebook post on the eve of the official GF announcement... He couldn't do a troll post like that if someone else had already locked it down... Too easy to kill the hype generated from that if they could say "nope, we've got it..."

If JJP really does have Matrix and Harry Potter, they're gonna move some hardware.

#478 10 months ago

I really hope this is true. Glad it’s jjp. They need to not hold back on this title

#479 10 months ago

Has no one else noticed that this doesn't look like a JJP machine...No big monitor...looks more like a Stern machine mockup...

#480 10 months ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Was really hoping Stern got the license for this one. Oh well.

Yes, but Stern has some great potential options for a counter punch... if they roll Back to the Future or another beloved Disney property? It would be the class of '23 all over again--and I'll be broke...

#481 10 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Has no one else noticed that this doesn't look like a JJP machine...No big monitor...looks more like a Stern machine mockup...

At least give me credit next time…..

IMG_1786 (resized).jpegIMG_1786 (resized).jpeg
#482 10 months ago

I can’t wait to start all 7 Hogwarts school year multiballs at once with every single shot lit as a jackpot and not knowing what the hell is going on as every single insert is blinking.

Joking but also not joking. Please make the ruleset deep JJP but have the game focused on the experience of progressing through the story of the movies / books versus crazy multiball stacking.

#483 10 months ago

Isn't he still around screwing up other people's designs as a product manager or something? I didn't think he retired-retired, just was retired from designing.

#484 10 months ago

I’ll take a Slytherin and a Gryffindor for the wife.

#485 10 months ago

I don't get it. Why would Kaminkow steal JJP's thunder and reveal HP while they're still trying to sell Godfathers?

#486 10 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Have you not noticed who posted the information?

#487 10 months ago

This looks like Fake News.

#488 10 months ago

I think Joe is about 6 weeks too late for April Fools.

#489 10 months ago

If it was true, it sure wouldn't be announced like this. And with a obviously photoshopped Stern. Either Kaminkow is making a really strange joke, or was hacked. If he's serious, that is incredibly tacky and unprofessional.

#490 10 months ago

Well, it gave us something to talk about today.

#491 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can’t wait to start all 7 Hogwarts school year multiballs at once with every single shot lit as a jackpot and not knowing what the hell is going on as every single insert is blinking.
Joking but also not joking. Please make the ruleset deep JJP but have the game focused on the experience of progressing through the story of the movies / books versus crazy multiball stacking.

Maybe they should have Keefer sit this one out

#492 10 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I don't get it. Why would Kaminkow steal JJP's thunder and reveal HP while they're still trying to sell Godfathers?

It is mutha's day. Seems like that kind of move.

#493 10 months ago

Joe has already announced several times he has the license and we better like Stern doing it. He’s already used his license for slots, pinballs next with Stern. He used to be partners with Gary. Someone photoshopped Joe’s account. Pretty good. We know if it was JJP they would never allow this type trolling.

#494 10 months ago

No way this would be announced this way. Biggest license in pinball history announced rando on Mother’s Day. Should be interesting to see if this was a fake account or his was hacked, etc….

#495 10 months ago

If true. Remember when Hobbit license was secured. It took two years to get one out the door.

For Harry Potter fans I hope it's true and turns out to be a great game.

LTG : )

#496 10 months ago

It's probably fantastic beasts knowing jjp...

#497 10 months ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

No way this would be announced this way. Biggest license in pinball history announced rando on Mother’s Day. Should be interesting to see if this was a fake account or his was hacked, etc….

It's actually on his facebook page. Strange thing to post if hacking is the case.

#498 10 months ago

its on SDTM FB page as well

The CE of this I bet retails for 18k from JJP

#499 10 months ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I can't imagine too many hackers are plugged into the pinball scene.

#500 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I see the post as well! Hopefully this is true? If so amazing news. Go crazy deep on the rules JJP.

Honestly crazy deep rules would be a huge turn off for me . I don’t understand the need for for crazy deep rules, I only care about fun rules ( and usually crazy deep rules are not fun for me). Sorry not meant to be a dig against you or the types of games you enjoy, complex games usually bore the hell out of me.
That photo is the worst fake I have seen (so most likely just more bs) but if a Harry Potter pin were to be made I’d be buying one because my wife and daughter love Harry Potter. I just hope the rules are good because I’ll be the one playing it the most.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-harry-potter-pin-coming/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.