Linked Games

Topic poll

“Iron Maiden vs GnR”

• Maiden 10 votes
    34%
  • GnR 19 votes
    66%

(29 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pingrrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 months ago

I have had my GnR for about a month. I feel like I am just getting the hang of it. I've had my Iron Maiden since April and was getting deeper into the rules and having more really good games when the GnR arrived. The Iron Maiden worked perfect out of the box. Other than tightening a couple screws, it's been a great first pinball machine owner experience. My only real trouble with the GnR is that I had to replace the rubber after it started falling apart very quickly.

At first the game play on the GnR was just trying not to drain the ball and trying to play songs that I like. Now that I am getting the hang of it, I have a lot more control of what's happening and I am figuring out what I need to do. I think that at the beginning it was just stimulus over load. It was still fun, but now it is much more fun. It's been awhile since I turned my Iron Maiden machine on. Alothough I love the new call outs and animlations with the update, I decided to focus on learning the new machine.

I decided not to do any more research on learning the GnR rules and game play because I am enjoying the surprises as new things are revealed.

As I get more familiar with the game, I am beginning to have a similar level of control and flow that I have on the Maiden machine. The color clues, call outs, and small screen are all coming together. I think that it started to click for me when I stopped choosing my favorite songs and started playing the other songs. Some of those have easier rules to learn. As you get better at it, the randomness and chaos goes away and it gets more fun.

No issues with my glass, but it was snug at first to get it all the way up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pingrrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside