Linked Games

Topic poll

“Iron Maiden vs GnR”

• Maiden 12 votes
    38%
  • GnR 20 votes
    63%

(32 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Austiniv:

I know there’s already lots of threads on here that go on and on and sidetracked so forgive me for wanting to just start a new post.
I got my GnR LE 2 days ago. My first impression has been kinda meh about it. I think the lights coinciding with the songs are amazing but game play I’m not terribly impressed. I also haven’t quite figured out what I’m really trying to accomplish yet so maybe my opinion will change. Also kinda disappointed there was no official booklet. I always liked having that book for quick reference and detailed game play instructions. I downloaded the pdf online and really just a brief one page overview of the objectives. Am I missing something?
At this point I like my Stern Iron Maiden premium better. And I am a HUGE GNR fan. Not so much a maiden fan. So that says a lot. I hope I like it better. If anyone has a reference to a more detailed gameplay objective that would be appreciated.
I don’t know. I think I just expected a little more from a $10k LE game. Also need to sell my Delta GnR if anyone in central TX area is interested. Or maybe just sell this one.
I guess the point of this post (rant) is please change my mind on why I should love this game!!!
Oh. One last thing. Has anyone else had their play field glass seem too long? Mine looks like it is cut about a half inch too long. I really have to jam the end piece down and the button on it is actually not entirely clearing the glass.

A few things I didn’t like about GNR out of the box that I had to tweak:
+ flipper rubbers, they really didn’t seem good and cause quirky flow with the balls.
+ flipper alignment: flippers weren’t parallel with the guides which made for clunky returns to the flipper. I adjusted mine and it’s way better. Karl did the same as you’ll see on his YouTube videos. His game plays great! If yours isn’t playing that smooth, then I suggest you start playing around.
+ pitch: play around with the pitch. I do not like the recommended 6.5deg. I settled in right around 6.8.
+ increase flipper strength +1 notch.

That said, you gotta get the game dialed in. Some games are harder than others, I’ve had my fair share of tweaking on IMDN and DP.

I have maiden next to GNR. I’ve had maiden for 2 years. Know what I came to the conclusion of? Maiden is bad ass! So much, I put up a Keith Elwin poll about it because I just recently got a JP and surprised I found maiden more fun: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keith-vs-elwin#post-6066745

All in all, get your GNR tweaked and dialed in to play smoother, with ability to hit some combos, learn some rules, and you may start to find its genius ness. I think it’s an amazing game and very much prefer it over IMDN.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.