Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by twenty84
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edcianci.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

well my hard drive failed on my woz - it wouldn't boot up - i hired a tech and thanks to lloyd he was able to see the hard drive failed and put one in temporally from a jukebox. i contacted JJP 732 phone number - after the 5th or 6th call i left a nasty message saying i guess nobody will be calling me back.

very nice guy steve called me back and said they can discount it and ship me one for $69. i really didn't expect it to be still under warranty even though my game has 100-200 plays on it as i have had issues and can never play it - the last being ball getting stuck behind the monkey - finally a tech figured it out that a wire above was stopping the ball - he figured this out by using a camera.

anyway steve was very nice and explained i didn't realized you had so many problems and he offered to pay for it himself - that actually made me mad as why would an employee give up his own money. i declined and i will buy one myself - whether or not that was true and he was paying out of his own pocket - i don't know - but i am not going to call somebody a liar. really nice of him is the way i look at it.

anyway the big thing here is it took well over a week and 5 or 6 calls before anybody got back to me - i think they only got back to me because my last message was very wise, and the warranty doesn't cover it this many years later. i was just getting over my anger with JJP and was thinking about ending my boycott of buying Jack's games because i still think woz is great and built like a tank - sadly i am # 283le and was an early bid.

to those who say i should have put a ticket in - the last time i tried that nobody ever responded until i posted something on pinside after posting ticket after ticket - once i did that Jack was kind enough to send me an email saying posts on pinside are not helpful. i actually responded and said it was very helpful because both lloyd and the developer got back to me as soon as i made the post. Lloyd is always great and helpful. as i said he helped the tech figure out it was the hard drive right away this time, and when i have light board problems Lloyd took care of it as soon as i made the pinside posts about my tickets being ignored.

just figure i throw this out there so others have the info.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If Steve said it, he meant it. Just trying to help you, even if it cost him to do so.
LTG : )

Like i said he was very nice on the phone - i left a message every time that my hard drive had failed and it wasn't until the 5th or 6 before somebody got back to me - and steve was very apologetic and very nice. he promised to call me right back after he looked into it - and he did call withing 30 minutes to say it wasn't under warranty and they will discount it from 139 to 69 for me. There is no question on how nice he was - and thanks to LLoyd i can see he was being honest too about paying for it - JJP should give him a raise for doing something like that for a customer. makes me feel good i said no as i would not want an employee to have to pay for something out of their pocket. I can afford the hard drive. if i couldn't i shouldn't be buying these expensive games. i was more upset about the time it took to get back to me. all along i figured it wasn't under warranty (i simple call the next day saying sorry it's not under warranty would have been fine), but to have to keep calling justs gets you upset. My tech tells me he can buy it directly from the company for $25 - $25 is not going to kill me.

thanks ed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edcianci.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-great-customer-response-time-not?tu=edcianci and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.