Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by twenty84
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

well my hard drive failed on my woz - it wouldn't boot up - i hired a tech and thanks to lloyd he was able to see the hard drive failed and put one in temporally from a jukebox. i contacted JJP 732 phone number - after the 5th or 6th call i left a nasty message saying i guess nobody will be calling me back.

very nice guy steve called me back and said they can discount it and ship me one for $69. i really didn't expect it to be still under warranty even though my game has 100-200 plays on it as i have had issues and can never play it - the last being ball getting stuck behind the monkey - finally a tech figured it out that a wire above was stopping the ball - he figured this out by using a camera.

anyway steve was very nice and explained i didn't realized you had so many problems and he offered to pay for it himself - that actually made me mad as why would an employee give up his own money. i declined and i will buy one myself - whether or not that was true and he was paying out of his own pocket - i don't know - but i am not going to call somebody a liar. really nice of him is the way i look at it.

anyway the big thing here is it took well over a week and 5 or 6 calls before anybody got back to me - i think they only got back to me because my last message was very wise, and the warranty doesn't cover it this many years later. i was just getting over my anger with JJP and was thinking about ending my boycott of buying Jack's games because i still think woz is great and built like a tank - sadly i am # 283le and was an early bid.

to those who say i should have put a ticket in - the last time i tried that nobody ever responded until i posted something on pinside after posting ticket after ticket - once i did that Jack was kind enough to send me an email saying posts on pinside are not helpful. i actually responded and said it was very helpful because both lloyd and the developer got back to me as soon as i made the post. Lloyd is always great and helpful. as i said he helped the tech figure out it was the hard drive right away this time, and when i have light board problems Lloyd took care of it as soon as i made the pinside posts about my tickets being ignored.

just figure i throw this out there so others have the info.

#2 5 years ago

Damn I thought this was a JJP is great thread but then BOOOM I saw the "not" at the end and I was suddenly crushed.

A fuckin rollercoaster!

As an aside I would like to comment on the surprising legs of "not." Let's face it, it's a throwaway gag from a throwaway movie from 25 years ago! I mean Waynes World is fun but Citizen Kane it ain't.

But as so many 90s fads - grunge, madballs, Tagagochi, sneakers with air pumps built into them - have disappeared never to return, "not" continues unabated. I am beginning to think "not" is for life, will never go away, and has become a permanent fixture in the English language. I think it's because it does so much in so little time? It's the most concise and efficient way to relay sarcasm? After all these years, it still has that surprise factor right at the end too.

Any thoughts on this? Not?

#3 5 years ago

Thats strange, I always had like super duper quick response time from JJP. Like within a day. And usually really polite and courteous.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

anyway steve was very nice and explained i didn't realized you had so many problems and he offered to pay for it himself - that actually made me mad as why would an employee give up his own money. i declined and i will buy one myself - whether or not that was true and he was paying out of his own pocket - i don't know -

If Steve said it, he meant it. Just trying to help you, even if it cost him to do so.

LTG : )

#5 5 years ago

Wonder if you tried to reach them during inventory I have never had an issue with JJP, I never leave a message, I call until someone picks up. Frank and Steve are wonderful, Steve even came to my house to fix my Woz and Frank has always been great following up on issues I have had. That's why I will always support JJP.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If Steve said it, he meant it. Just trying to help you, even if it cost him to do so.

Hate to say it but Steve is my favorite employee at JJP headquarters

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

...I never leave a message, I call until someone picks up.

If you take messages you should respond to them if they require a response.

It's a fucking waste of time (like the lady who just left a message in response to the message I left her) if you don't convey the requested information. I asked if the ramp was still needed. She responded, 'here is my name and number, call me back'. FFS lady, yes or no! We don't need to play phone tag over a simple question.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Like i said he was very nice on the phone - i left a message every time that my hard drive had failed and it wasn't until the 5th or 6 before somebody got back to me - and steve was very apologetic and very nice. he promised to call me right back after he looked into it - and he did call withing 30 minutes to say it wasn't under warranty and they will discount it from 139 to 69 for me. There is no question on how nice he was - and thanks to LLoyd i can see he was being honest too about paying for it - JJP should give him a raise for doing something like that for a customer. makes me feel good i said no as i would not want an employee to have to pay for something out of their pocket. I can afford the hard drive. if i couldn't i shouldn't be buying these expensive games. i was more upset about the time it took to get back to me. all along i figured it wasn't under warranty (i simple call the next day saying sorry it's not under warranty would have been fine), but to have to keep calling justs gets you upset. My tech tells me he can buy it directly from the company for $25 - $25 is not going to kill me.

thanks ed

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thats strange, I always had like super duper quick response time from JJP. Like within a day. And usually really polite and courteous.

ditto, but usually I've always gotten ahold of someone the first time through. Maybe tech is overloaded right now, who knows.
I do know emails tend to go unanswered, but that's every manufacture.

#10 5 years ago

My experience with JJP email support was great. Got my ramp flaps kit right away, for free, even though I am the second owner of my Hobbit.

#11 5 years ago

JJP support and pins are the best. I’ve had 6 NIB pins from JJP, never have I had a problem that couldn’t wait and I’m an operator that needs pins to be working. If an employee is willing to pay out of his own pocket that should tell you something about a company, the employee believes in the company, it’s products and likes working there. Keep in mind the new title they are trying to kick out too.

I’m confused by your issue, you said you didn’t think it would be under warranty, why ask the question then, just order the part. I don’t know how many employees work there but surely they aren’t just waiting by the phone for calls or quick to answer the obvious question. Sounds like you don’t play it much anyway so what’s the rush and why bash JJP?

It’s a wonder anybody makes a pinball anymore with all the complaints and gotta have it now mentality.

#12 5 years ago

I have had nothing but good experiences with JJP for everything. Steve talked to me for hours on a weekend to help get my Hobbit fixed.

#13 5 years ago

Nothing but great experiences for me with jjp. Hopefully your woz works better now.

#14 5 years ago

My experiences with JJP have been nothing less than top notch. Only blemish was with a gentleman named Victor - he obviously had mistaken me for someone else he had spoken to earlier with a similar problem I was having and was rather abrupt with me. Guess he was given a hard time or something.

#15 5 years ago

While this may or may not be on topic but Lloyd can we put in SSD drives rather then the usual sata 7200/5400 rpm hard drives.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

While this may or may not be on topic but Lloyd can we put in SSD drives rather then the usual sata 7200/5400 rpm hard drives.

They are all SSD in the games.

#17 5 years ago

I have always had great experiences with JJP support. I agree they do not always answer tickets, but they always return calls. They have given me great customer support on both the machines I have bought from them.

#18 5 years ago

JJP customer support has always been great. Stern too. I must be lucky or blessed? Great.... MY superpower is awesome support response? I wanted laser eyes!!

#19 5 years ago

Same here - parts are shipped out pretty fast, service is quick, Steve is awesome. There’s even a couple stories floating around here about Jack doing tech calls and getting something fixed up. AP is giving them a run for their money in the support arena but JJP have the best service in the biz IMO.

#20 5 years ago

I’ve also had nothing but great experiences with JJP support.

#21 5 years ago

The only critique I can make other than slow ticket response, is busy phone support.

Its tiresome to have to call several times to get a live person to order parts.

Once you get support they are amazingly helpful.

#22 5 years ago

Several months ago, the red led light stopped working on the haunted forest sign on my WOZ RR. Submitted several tickets, voicemails and received no response. Then was finally able to talk to Frank at JJP in July of this year about replacing the wireless harness for the light. Unfortunately, the wiring harness is not listed as a part in the WOZ manual. Frank informed he would talk to the engineers about the part, but still no response after repeated voicemails, tickets. and emails. I then decided to build another wiring harness and spent considerable time ordering the parts and the led light.

I also want to mention that Frank is great talk to and is been very helpful with other issues, but again very frustrating.

Bottom line: After spending close to $18,000 on two JJ pinball machines, it's very disappointing that I can not even get a simple LED light replaced from this company.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Several months ago, the red led light stopped working on the haunted forest sign on my WOZ RR. Submitted several tickets, voicemails and received no response. Then was finally able to talk to Frank at JJP in July of this year about replacing the wireless harness for the light. Unfortunately, the wiring harness is not listed as a part in the WOZ manual. Frank informed he would talk to the engineers about the part, but still no response after repeated voicemails, tickets. and emails. I then decided to build another wiring harness and spent considerable time ordering the parts and the led light.
I also want to mention that Frank is great talk to and is been very helpful with other issues, but again very frustrating.
Bottom line: After spending close to $18,000 on two JJ pinball machines, it's very disappointing that I can not even get a simple LED light replaced from this company.

I thought another pinside was helping you with a new cable?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The only critique I can make other than slow ticket response, is busy phone support.
Its tiresome to have to call several times to get a live person to order parts.
Once you get support they are amazingly helpful.

This has been pretty much my recent experience. Two years ago it seemed JJP had a nice ticket system where you would put in a ticket and someone would respond within a day or so. I'm not sure what happened with that system, but it was replaced with a different system and my more recent experience has been similar to others here in that tickets alone no longer get a response. I've also found it can also be hard to get someone on the phone and often takes a few tries and leaving messages. With persistence I have gotten support by phone - often sending parts at no charge and after the warranty period.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 91.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-great-customer-response-time-not and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.