Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Drenden
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

500_F_281580350_qkEX0gsszrDoMJElsCZMAuCiaFSyzqSg (resized).jpg
    E5CEB7AC-5CD1-4257-A57B-6AF6336C0099 (resized).jpeg
    ECC34D96-C653-49FC-9F75-1541D0E7E1BA (resized).jpeg
    553321EF-51F9-43C1-920A-E1B2C9A8739B (resized).jpeg
    CF62068C-7A95-45D8-B383-485D2028AC4F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoy3k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago

Nonsense

You obviously played a non dialed in location turd

My SE plays fast as lightning and is a flow monster

It’s got tons of super satisfying shots

The right ramp shot when you nail it and it hits the side of the cabinet is sex

Ripping a center spinner and having it loop to the top lanes is sex

Hitting 3+ inner loops in a row is sex

The orbits are endless and feel like a wide body, sex.

The right orbit right ramp combo is my favorite combo in pinball. Sex.

It’s my favorite game I’ve ever owned.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from LordHumungus:

And the newest, that never happens.

It’s actually my oldest game lol, just redid my entire collection.

You haven’t played it, you would like it. It’s a shooters game. Plays like a stern. Fast as hell.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

Not one JJP pin will EVER feel as good as a modern Stern...period. The flippers on JJP pins have always felt lackluster compared to Stern flippers and always will. There is a reason Stern flipper mechs are exclusive to them and are not to be sold to any of their competition. Like it or not, of all the current manufacturers, nothing feels as snappy and shoots as well as a Stern!

Disagree. I love how sterns feel but JJP did something different with the flippers on GnR. The are more powerful and very easy to control. They feel great.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

finally played gnr LE. It looks like the coolest pin in a very long time. lights, art, and PF are very attractive and pleasing to the eye. that said, Eric is NOT pat Lawlor. He doesn't design games the same way. GNR shoots kinda clunky; it's nowhere near as good a shooter as wonka or DI, TBH. however, the art, lights, and mechs (locks, upper PF etc...) and hotrails make this game a serious keeper in a home environment. it's hard to achieve goals, like wonka, but that makes it a keeper too.
    Eric could use some mentoring on shot design and layout. the biggest downfall of GNR is the scoop. Its too frequently used, and disrupts the game IMO. the scoop should've been a wide shot like MET; it would have opened up a lot of real estate in the middle PF for something better and more flowing design on the PF. also, the top hat is a miss. its so large and obstructive, and does nothing to add to the gameplay experience. that's slash's ego right there; his top hat had to be prominent and in your face!
    Overall, no regrets for me. I'm excited to unbox this game at home and play the crap out of it!!

Sorry I know everyone has an opinion but I don’t think you could be any more off base. This is a great shooter once you put some time on it to learn the shots and dial it in (especially the SE imo). You shouldn’t be hitting the scoop accidentally too often unless you are missing all your other shots...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoy3k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-gnr-missed-opportunity-?tu=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.