You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

23072596-FB46-4D8A-97E4-77DE24551EF4 (resized).jpeg
224F1EBC-DC35-4857-B435-67485B52F05D (resized).jpeg
161FDDDC-2739-42D8-80D4-9330B1D696CC (resized).png
0F874D69-4FC3-4CC0-8A8A-2F501FAB763C (resized).png
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

So as we all know GNR has some major issues with playfield damage and pooling/chipping etc at this moment in time there is not a real fix and also no answer from jjp on this issue. So only thing for us/me to do is fix it ourselves.

What I did is ,I took a brand new CE playfield and made high res 600 DPI scans of the playfield of the high risk area s of pooling and chipping . Also from the mini playfield

This way now you can select the file you want and print a small/big piece of high quallity sticker and fix the playfield a bit. I know it’s not a good fix but at least you won’t see the awful damage on your Pinball machine you spend serious money on

For now I did the CE and tommorow wil do a LE/SE playfield

There are 5 big scans in the download link per playfield if you need a certain area that is not in the pictures let me know and I can make it

Also I have POTC CE and LE and Wonka CE and LE scans from new playfields made by myself.
I will upload them here also later in time

Hope this can help some people a bit to easy the pain!

Here are some sample pics to show how good the scans are . Don’t use the pictures in here but use the link to download the high quality . Keep in mind that these files are big and need to be cut down for some PC s to work with

0F874D69-4FC3-4CC0-8A8A-2F501FAB763C (resized).png0F874D69-4FC3-4CC0-8A8A-2F501FAB763C (resized).png161FDDDC-2739-42D8-80D4-9330B1D696CC (resized).png161FDDDC-2739-42D8-80D4-9330B1D696CC (resized).png

#2 2 years ago

GNR CE link

https://gofile.io/d/LBaLRw

GNR LE/SE link

Added over 3 years ago:

https://gofile.io/d/HAtQHX

Added over 3 years ago:

New links are inserted in the topic itself. So scroll on the last page always to check the latest updates

#3 2 years ago

But will the ink chip off the decal?

#4 2 years ago

Ask your printer....

Thank you would be nice

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Ask your printer....
Thank you would be nice

Good idea and thanks!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Ask your printer....
Thank you would be nice

Thanks for doing this man. It’s awesome. Ignore zr, he doesn’t even own the game, doesn’t like the game, and goes into all the GnR threads to troll. I don’t even know why he wastes his time.

#7 2 years ago

Great work!

You just offered thousands of damaged playfields some hope of eventual repair.

Now, if we can get this printed on some polycarbonate, we can make some hardtops that will cover the damage.

Can you scan the rest of the playfield so it can be stitched together into a complete repair?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Great work!
You just offered thousands of damaged playfields some hope of eventual repair.
Now, if we can get this printed on some polycarbonate, we can make some hardtops that will cover the damage.
Can you scan the rest of the playfield so it can be stitched together into a complete repair?

Yes I can no problem.will do if you want next week. But because I scan parts you get overscan colour shifts . So when you stitch you have to be good @ putting it back with the right blend tools also keep in mind that it’s takes a crazy amount of mem. Only 5 (600) dpi pictures are around 500-600 MB

And a full playfield is about 12-14 so that’s over 1GB that’s have to be on screen in 1 go . I know my pc is going crazy when doing stitching of 6 pics haha

I also can do 1200-2400 dpi but then 1 scan is about 1GB

Or I also can do 300 dpi but I think that’s just a little to low for this kind of errors we need to make right

Let me know.

#9 2 years ago

Good idea man

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Yes I can no problem.will do if you want next week. But because I scan parts you get overscan colour shifts . So when you stitch you have to be good @ putting it back with the right blend tools also keep in mind that it’s takes a crazy amount of mem. Only 5 (600) dpi pictures are around 500-600 MB
And a full playfield is about 12-14 so that’s over 1GB that’s have to be on screen in 1 go . I know my pc is going crazy when doing stitching of 6 pics haha
I also can do 1200-2400 dpi but then 1 scan is about 1GB
Or I also can do 300 dpi but I think that’s just a little to low for this kind of errors we need to make right
Let me know.

I've done many full playfield scans, so I'm aware of the size.

That's why every new computer has 32 gigs of RAM and solid state drives, right?

Even video cards are 16 gigs, with kids gaming in 4K nowadays

#11 2 years ago

Thank you AMSNL your scans will help many owners.

#12 2 years ago

Thanks for your efforts!

Don't have a GnR yet but will be using them for phone/computer wallpapers!

#13 2 years ago

Hope it's ok to share this link to an Australian Facebook page?

Will help a few down here as well!

#14 2 years ago

This is amazing!

#15 2 years ago

This is awesome!! Thank you amsnl!!

#16 2 years ago

How does this actually work? Plus would i still need washers?

#17 2 years ago

I have used the water slide decal method before to cover playfield wear. I had scans of a haunted house playfield. if you have a good photo printer, the decal can look really looks good. Some areas you wouldn’t even know there is a decal because they are so thin.

Great work OP. Great hobbyist.

#18 2 years ago

Awesome

#19 2 years ago

It's awfully sad that this is needed after buying a new pin. I doubt I'll ever own a JJP anyway I guess, I've never been impressed by any of them so far

#20 2 years ago

Thank you AMSNL! Awesome of you to take the time to help us out.

#21 2 years ago

Thank you all for the kind words! As I get a few PM regarding other playfields I’m gonna make a diff topic for POTC and wonka later. I don’t want to mix to much in 1 topic as maybe it gets lost for people who try to find them.

Or do you all want a topic just for playfield downloads? Let me know your thoughts please

And I will try to help as many as I can

Share as much as you can whenever you can is my motto

Here is a picture how good a playfield overlay can look when some pics are stitched and I printed a part. I changed a LE to CE with a 10 min job stitching not even colour correct . I use for all my machines a playfield protector so a sticker/decal won’t be in the way of a ball

So imagine how a small touch up post sticker will look . Don’t think you even see it if done correct
224F1EBC-DC35-4857-B435-67485B52F05D (resized).jpeg224F1EBC-DC35-4857-B435-67485B52F05D (resized).jpeg

#22 2 years ago

My gosh you guys l, that was just a joke or goofing around. 12 downvotes? I’m trying to lighten up a dismal situation.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

My gosh you guys l, that was just a joke or goofing around. 12 downvotes? I’m trying to lighten up a dismal situation.

zr11990

Maybe it’s time to talk when spoken to... I don’t know you but many people do. So it’s telling a story where you’ve been.
Be nice please

joke or no joke. Pinside is already a negative pool sometimes! So make the best of it when someone offers something a little positive

Enjoy your Sunday!

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

zr11990
Maybe it’s time to talk when spoken to... I don’t know you but many people do. So it’s tells a story where you’ve been.
Be nice please .

joke or no joke. Pinside is already a negative pool sometimes! So make the best of it when someone offers something a little positive

Enjoy your Sunday!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

zr11990
Maybe it’s time to talk when spoken to... I don’t know you but many people do. So it’s telling a story where you’ve been.
Be nice please
Enjoy your Sunday!

Wow, I’m just going to pretend this post never happened

#26 2 years ago

Cool then I’ll pretend you where never in this topic. Case closed and on with relevant stuff.

Should I make this topic in to the JJP scan/fix topic or make diff ones per title?

Sorry if my spelling is sometimes a bit off as Dutch is my main haha

Thank you

#27 2 years ago

Thanks for what your doing .I have no idea how to do this at home if anyone prints and sells these please lmk .Had anyone heard anything from JJP? I emailed them as my 90 day warranty is coming up was just wondering if they’re actually mute on this subject or have been in touch with anyone .

#28 2 years ago

Maybe someone from this forum (US) can fix you up with some decals made if you have any issues

About JJP so they hit the mute button on that subject
also from 1st of April (and that’s no joke) they send this with every machine send to Europe .

So there is your playfield warranty down the drain!
23072596-FB46-4D8A-97E4-77DE24551EF4 (resized).jpeg23072596-FB46-4D8A-97E4-77DE24551EF4 (resized).jpeg

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Question. If you don’t own a JJP game or GNR, why do you post neg in the GNR threads??

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Question. If you don’t own a JJP game or GNR, why do you post neg in the GNR threads??

Some of you people need to pull the sticks out of your ass. It was a fucking joke. Not even a joke, it was just, as I said, making light of a bad situation. It’s awesome that someone came up with something to help when JJP certainly is not. And as far as the speaking when spoken to comment goes you can kiss my fat white butt.

And I did own a GnR but I dumped it quick

#32 2 years ago

Thank you; GNR owners will hope to not have to use this, but this will be terrific resource for those that do!

#34 2 years ago

If anybody has some suggestions on something they need scan wise (cabinet/blades/pf) only jjp related let me know and in the upcoming days I will upload as much as I can . I own all JJP machines and have from all machines new playfields LE/CE also .

I will upload map POTC disc decal and the GNR record spinner decal.

#39 2 years ago

Great job AMSNL, very generous offer to the community.
Thank you

#40 2 years ago

Awesome work…

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

If anybody has some suggestions on something they need scan wise (cabinet/blades/pf) only jjp related let me know and in the upcoming days I will upload as much as I can . I own all JJP machines and have from all machines new playfields LE/CE also .
I will upload map POTC disc decal and the GNR record spinner decal.

I would love scans of the CE cabinet!

#42 2 years ago

Very clever and appreciate the effort personally. Similar but creative way they mended some WOZ games if I’m not mistaken. This repair with a bit of Mylar would be a good prevention to extend play later. Well done.

#43 2 years ago

Question, where did you get an extra CE playfield?

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Question, where did you get an extra CE playfield?

I was one of the first that was stalking them as my CE has serious issues not only playfield wise.So I got a CE playfield

after that no one could get anything as

my second CE I got replaced under Warranty also had issues and I never heard anything since

Rest of my playfields I just buy @ JJP

So that’s why im sharing it now

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I was one of the first that was stalking them as my CE has serious issues not only playfield wise.So I got a CE playfield

after that no one could get anything...

my second CE I got replaced under Warranty also had issues and I never heard anything since
So that’s why im sharing it now

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Rest of my playfields I just buy @ JJP

Ok, always wondered if they sell any playfields but they do. Only I do not expect them to sell any CE playfield.

#47 2 years ago

Games that are out of production you can buy CE replacements when in stock. And if you own a CE as they will ask you for details and serial numbers

#48 2 years ago

GNR SE/LE files incl guitar playfield are now online!

#49 2 years ago

Up^

#50 2 years ago

Wow! Thank you. I will try to look at these on my computer tonight!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-gnr-ce-le-se-playfield-fix?hl=freddykaboodle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.