Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3923 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3922 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1876.JPG
    61G3vnKs4aL (resized).jpg
    Guns_N_Roses-Appetite_For_Destruction-Interior_Frontal_BINARY_427398 (resized).jpg
    fat_axl_rose_meme_by_randomhero36587-d5tp8e8 (resized).jpg

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

On KPP, he mentions a rumor about a JJP making a GNR machine. Not sure why JJP focused on themes that already have a game, but would like to see what JJP could do with a music theme. Anyone heard anything else about this?

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

On KPP, he mentions a rumor about a JJP making a GNR machine. Not sure why JJP focused on themes that already have a game, but would like to see what JJP could do with a music theme. Anyone heard anything else about this?

I really hope jjp doesn't do a music pin

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I agree - they've carved out their niche and it isn't in jukebox pins. I doubt we'll see them tackle a classic rock theme.

#4 6 years ago

I was directed to the podcast from a customer. Kaneda is a customer and friend - we haven't spoken at all since Allentown - in the podcast he was just saying 'what if'...
    I'll stop the rumor mill right here with the background... Slash loves his WOZ, it's his favorite game, it's his wife's favorite movie. At ReplayFX Jack and I went to dinner alone one night and he was talking about how Slash said he was sorry he didn't buy DI yet but he hasn't been able to play it anywhere yet as he's been on the road, etc... I told Jack that's funny, I'm going to see them in Hershey in 2 weeks... Light went off in Jack's head and he said, 'Want to bring one to him to play backstage ?'... Duh ya... The rest is history. It was just to provide a little fun to Slash and obviously was a great opportunity for PinballSTAR... Don't read too much into anything guys... : )
    Joe
    PinballSTAR Amusements

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I was directed to the podcast from a customer. Kaneda is a customer and friend - we haven't spoken at all since Allentown - in the podcast he was just saying 'what if'...
    I'll stop the rumor mill right here with the background... Slash loves his WOZ, it's his favorite game, it's his wife's favorite movie.

My guess is Slash doesn't have ANY say in GNR merch at this point. He's basically a (well) salaried employee and Axl and his management own the name, the band, and anything to do with it. We all know Slash (and Duff) love pinball but it makes absolutely zero impact on whether or not JJP would make a GNR game.

#6 6 years ago

I love Slash and GnR and almost everyone knows the story of how Slash was the driving force and clever man that sealed the deal for DE's decision to make the original GnR pin... that said, the answer to the question is no.

#7 6 years ago

Does "GNR" stand for "Pirates of the Carribean"?

#8 6 years ago

I'd love a GNR LIVE pin.

Stage in the center would be a bash toy with ball locks on the stage. Quantum theatre style projector that adds band members to the stage as you collect them.

PS: I know this will never happen.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'd love a GNR LIVE pin.
    Stage in the center would be a bash toy with ball locks on the stage. Quantum theatre style projector that adds band members to the stage as you collect them.
    PS: I know this will never happen.

If they did every band member the game would have more modes than Dialed In!

#10 6 years ago

I wish JJP would make a GNR pin! That's my favorite band of all time. I owned the Data East game for a long time, I would love to see a new one made with modern elements and sound.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If they did every band member the game would have more modes than Dialed In!

Spinal Tap still beats them if you count drummers!

#12 6 years ago

GNR is 1000X better than POTC or Toy Story. Hope the rumor is true, make it happen slash!

#13 6 years ago

Could you imagine, instead of custom pinball call o u ts, slash dId custom pinball guitar riffs and mini Solos for sound effects

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Could you imagine, instead of custom pinball call o u ts, slash dId custom pinball guitar riffs and mini Solos for sound effects

That would be pretty awesome.

I think there's a good chance someone makes a new GNR pin. Their latest tour has been huge...I think it's been the #1 grossing tour for the last year and half and it's still going.

Slash being a true pinball fan has to help.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

That would be pretty awesome.
    I think there's a good chance someone makes a new GNR pin. Their latest tour has been huge...I think it's been the #1 grossing tour for the last year and half and it's still going.
    Slash being a true pinball fan has to help.

With our luck Spooky will make it and it will have the same build quality as one of my son's paper pinball machines.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

With our luck Spooky will make it and it will have the same build quality as one of my son's paper pinball machines.

That's a pretty ridiculous and unwarranted post.

#17 6 years ago

I'm going to see them in a few hours...!!!.......... Joey

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

In his defense....he is a dirtbag...........Joey

#19 6 years ago

GNR!?? As in Guns N' Roses?! OMG.. there are like a million things better that they could do. Oh well, guess I'll pass on that one.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Now, now. Relax. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And in my opinion, the Spooky games are a bit...flimsy. I mean, I get it. They are a small company that's just getting started, but so was JJP, and look at how their games are turning out.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Now, now. Relax. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And in my opinion, the Spooky games are a bit...flimsy. I mean, I get it. They are a small company that's just getting started, but so was JJP, and look at how their games are turning out.
    Sorry if I offended anyone.

But this isn't a spooky thread or anything about build quality. It's not offensive, it's unrelated. Bring it elsewhere, nuff said. Back to GNR! How about some slash guitar solo jackpot call outs

#22 6 years ago

That would be AWESOME. I miss my DE GNR terribly (luckily another local pin bro has one!) and would have a hard time resisting a new GNR game.

#23 6 years ago

I wish JJP would do a BTTF Trilogy instead.

#24 6 years ago

If JJP made a game as good as GNR, i'd be temped to own one.

#25 6 years ago

I was talking to Gilby Clarke about pinball at this year's NAMM show in January. His eyes lit up and he said he still has his GNR at home. He was saying how Slash would be backstage or on their airplane making sketches of the dream game he wanted to see made.

I love my GNR. It's minty and it's one of my "never ever never for sale" games.

#26 6 years ago

slash has good ideas too. GNR turned out awesome because of him.

#27 6 years ago

My only question is would it be another widebody . Might have to be.

fat_axl_rose_meme_by_randomhero36587-d5tp8e8 (resized).jpgfat_axl_rose_meme_by_randomhero36587-d5tp8e8 (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago

$8k-$9k plus GNR?

No F ing way.

Next.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

But The Beatles...

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My only question is would it be another widebody . Might have to be.

Welcome to McDonalds, we have shakes and fries,
    We have quarter pound with cheese,
    We have apple pies...

#31 6 years ago

Ah, yes. Fat shaming.

Always good for a laugh!

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

But The Beatles...

I like the fast adrenaline pins for music acdc met ect. Jjp seems to do more Adventure mode based ones. Doesn't seem like a good match

#33 6 years ago

GNR was a big part of the sound track of my crazy and I mean crazy youth. So know knowing that Slash, Duff, and even Axle are into pinball raises my respect. That being said I believe JJP could make an amazing music pin. What's a concert? Lights, good sound, and a overall emmersion in the show. That's everything JJP gives so how could any music pin be bad and the fact they like JJP. I'm all in. I would love more if they did Pink Floyd or Heavy Metal the movie, but a new GNR would do for me just as well.jMO

#34 6 years ago

And my gameroom is set up like a concert with crazy lights, big music, a total escape from reality firing on all sensory overload minus smell. I need to get on that still. Anyone local or far is always welcome to come check it out. Pinball rocks.

#35 6 years ago

JJP + GNR = Pinball masterpiece!

#36 6 years ago

Just got back...they played for 3 1/2 hours straight.....hi-energy....what a great show...!!!...............Joey

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Ah, yes. Fat shaming.
    Always good for a laugh!

Hahahaha, I'm a fat guy myself and even I wasn't offended by any of that.

#38 6 years ago

On the other hand, if they do make another GNR game, it will be the most recent and current band represented on a pinball machine. Just as it is now.

#39 6 years ago

Yeah why not? GNR had one good album 30 years ago.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah why not? GNR had one good album 30 years ago.

Don't forget this gem off the second album.

#41 6 years ago

So long as the wizard mode is Chinese Democracy. It's not based on how many modes you play, but how long you play. The game will build and build up to it, and then the wizard mode is underwhelming.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Don't forget this gem off the second album.
    » YouTube video

Yeah I know...they had a couple great songs like that hear and there but also full blown cock rock levels later. All that November Rain and shit...uff embarrassing.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

So long as the wizard mode is Chinese Democracy. It's not based on how many modes you play, but how long you play. The game will build and build up to it, and then the wizard mode is underwhelming.

That actually sounds super amusing.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

GNR is 1000X better than POTC or Toy Story. Hope the rumor is true, make it happen slash!

I'd rather have toy story. I really can't stand that era of music pins that stern pumps out. The game play I don't mind but the music themes to me are junk.

#45 6 years ago

Toy Story would outsell GnR too, although I'm a much bigger fan of the band.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

How about some slash guitar solo jackpot call outs

Sorry replaced with Buckethead call outs.

#47 6 years ago

I've got to think a band that sings about heroin addiction, prostitution, and racial hate

would be right up JJP's alley.

#48 6 years ago

I'd like to see some of that old school artwork on this one.

Guns_N_Roses-Appetite_For_Destruction-Interior_Frontal_BINARY_427398 (resized).jpgGuns_N_Roses-Appetite_For_Destruction-Interior_Frontal_BINARY_427398 (resized).jpg

#49 6 years ago

Yeah I could see art depicting a robot raping a woman figuring prominently on a JJP pinball machine, and going over really
    Well in 2017.

#50 6 years ago

Well. they do have a dude with a cell phone trying to save the world.

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-gnr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.