(Topic ID: 278802)

JJP Game #7 - Toy Story?

By jfh

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210119-223254_Gallery (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    toy story12222 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ironman8bit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Before plans for next JJP pin get out of hand. Toy Story has been up to bat three times now.
    Toy Story - no Yellow Brick Woz. Toy Story - no Willy Wonka. Toy Story - no Guns and Roses.
    So only the powers that be know what is planned next. Assuming nothing changes, like when getting the Hobbit license shelved a couple rumored titles.
    LTG : )

But is it safe to say Pat's game is next? haha I really don't care what theme it is just give me another Pat game before he retires! He is almost 70! Crazy he still is pumping out games.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tonic67:

I dont think we will see #7 until the orders and inventory for #6 are finished. I'm guessing they will want to get a significant number of #7 built before release like they did with GnR.
    The reveal could have an animated Pat Lawlor, Tom Hanks (Woody) and Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear) discovering the game and playing it... Or -- maybe they are trapped in the game... Now that might be cool.

Oh yeah I don't disagree with that timeline I'm just excited to see whatever it is next summer. I have 1 more spot and plan on having a Wonka/DI and whatever this is. If it's a widebody gonna need to get a tad creative.

Does a widebody fit inbetween two standards fairly good?

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Well, it’s pretty obvious you aren’t going to have the level of interest of the IP holder by Disney in a Toy Story pin than Slash did with GNR. TS needs to do far better with IP that what happened with POTC. I think it’s almost a guarantee we will see a lesser level of theme integration in TS than GNR and that JJP will take a lot of flack for that (though I’d love to be wrong).

They really set the bar high with GNR and like Eric said there may never be another pin like this because of the involvement/passion of Slash "a pinball player himself" and his willingness to use his power to make things happen. Biggest example getting Paul McCartney to signoff on using Live and Let Die when it got hung up in the asset acquiring process. Who is going to tell someone like Slash no? I would expect you will never see this again unless someone seeks out JJP to make a pin for them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ironman8bit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-7-toy-story-when-will-we-see-it?tu=ironman8bit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.