(Topic ID: 278802)

JJP Game #7 - Toy Story?

By jfh

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210119-223254_Gallery (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    toy story12222 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Well, nothing is official until announced. I’m not planning for it, just hoping.
    But if it’s not going to be Toy Story it’s time for JJP to put that rumor to bed once and for all. They wouldn’t have to say what it is, just what it isn’t.
    The longer JJP leads people to believe it’s Toy Story when it’s not the more disappointed those of us waiting for it will be and the more likely we’ll spend our pinball money on something else. I’d like a JJP game, especially a well done Toy Story, but if I don’t see any clarity around the title in the best 4-6 months (one way or the other) I doubt I’ll go to my original back up plan which was WOZ or Wonka.
    Early indications are that GNR will sell well and I wouldn’t want to cannibalize those sales, but I’ve got to believe there isn’t a lot of overlap in those target markets.

I posted this over a year ago; I talked to Jack when I bought an arcade from him, and to his word, he said Wonka next, then GnR, then Toy Story; this was like 2 years ago; no reason to not believe him as he's been on the money with that call.

I cannot wait for Toy Story...Day 1 LE Buy for me.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Your LE toy story will look great next to your HWs pin. next up.. Barbie!

Says the guy with TMNT in his profile pic...What are you an 8 year old trapped in 1989??

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Funny you should mention that. The theme is NOT why we have that game. The 2v2, final battle, co-op, half shell challenge, continuously updated code, 3 flippers, nice multiball integration (pizza, turtle power, neutrino, team up), 3 ramps, spinning disk, etc... and hot wheels has.. a ramp, and a car spinning around on a stick. Now toy story, or he-man, my lil pony, blues clues, dora the explorer, Gi Joe, insert whatever other kids theme here . Notice how the adult themed pins are crushing the others? Maybe take note? Even with fat Axl, id take GnR all day before another reach into the childhood of the mid 40 to 60 somethings with buying power. We are begging for adult pins. Let's see.. 1989.. I would have been 15. Probably over most of the themes mentioned.. but why not.. im sure buying a mustang and playing toy story (that was NOT part of my childhood) could round out a good mid life crisis. Hell.. maybe I'll finally get around to joining Facebook and trying to find divorced ex gfs.. You know I have nothing but love for you right..?

You are saying don't mind the theme of TMNT, look at the gameplay...It's exactly what I would tell you with Hot Wheels, the gameplay is smokin...Not sure if you haven't played one yet, it sounds like you haven't. But it's fast and fun, easy ruleset, but nice depth, risk and reward, feels like a 90's B/W.

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

We played it. I just don't think I gave it enough chance. Seems a little lacking on toys though? Does look fast..

Definitely lacking on toys, but man is it fun...I can't get enough of it; definitely a "one more game" type of pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-7-toy-story-when-will-we-see-it?tu=dsmoke1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.