20210912_112132 (resized).jpg
20210912_131833 (resized).jpg
F24C0366-43CB-4DDD-B8F3-87879EE5A480 (resized).jpeg
EA32CADA-FF90-4ABC-9394-C38A406CD8B3 (resized).jpeg
F4FC675C-34E2-471A-BA6D-3773EDD51AC2 (resized).jpeg
C4C90C63-F428-40FC-807A-E61E184C24BD (resized).jpeg
0E55B963-1A48-42A9-A89A-8254E3524476.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1545 TECH: Proper flipper adjustment out of the box Posted by Vitty (12 months ago)

Post #1701 TECH:Diverter adjustment to prevent playfield damage Posted by MT45 (12 months ago)

Post #1718 TECH:Suggestion for clearing phantom switch sensor hits Posted by Vitty (12 months ago)

Post #1806 TECH: Make sure your speaker connector L/R aren't backwards Posted by zaphX (11 months ago)

Post #1824 TECH:Sticking launch gate fix Posted by MT45 (11 months ago)

Post #1987 TECH:How to adjust slings that are dead or machine-gunning Posted by zaphX (11 months ago)

Post #2081 TECH:Link to barrel spring to fix plunge power issues Posted by zaphX (11 months ago)

Post #2099 TECH: How to sign up for and play using Scorbit on GnR Posted by jsa (11 months ago)

Post #2460 TECH: Check your stock speaker bar for correct connections Posted by MT45 (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 1 year ago

I'm in for #12 only

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I have nothing against you or anyone getting the CE but to bet it’ll go up in value is foolish and if it’s a real keeper does it matter anyways if it goes up in value or not?

I get CEs because I want the best version, simple as that. I have no illusion that money is coming back down the road.
So far I am 3/3 on complete satisfaction and longevity with my JJP buys.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

“Best” is subjective. Many prefer the Sparkle Blue powder coat on WW LE to the Red on the CE, for example.

Those Julie Dawn Cole callouts though.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from Thot:

CE sold out in 4 hours amazing

Wait what?

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah, and the pitch forks and tears would flood Pinside for Months/years.

It's an interesting thought experiment though. Which is worse?
CEs being slightly less limited than originally launched? Or people not being able to buy the game they want?

There are tradeoffs between community goodwill, likelihood of FOMO buying on the next pin, revenue, etc.

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Why 128? I picked 187 because I figured my wife will murder me when she finds out what this game cost!

I requested 20 for the year of manufacture. (I did 19 for Wonka CE)

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That's a good idea.
I actually wanted 85 (GNR formed), then 87 (appetite album), THEN 187 (well...ya know...murder....). Happy with 187 and honestly don't give a shit either way.

187 is a great number! But yeah ultimately not super important unless your name is RichieWrench

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When this kind of crap happens the first and only question I have is “are you buying the game”. If the answer is no, it’s trolling!

One thing I've found about Pinside...when some people choose not to buy a game for whatever reason, they feel a need to justify the decision and get validation from others. If I can rally people around this decision I will feel good about my choice!

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Has anybody on Pinside received a CE? LE? or SE?
100+ games were made ahead of time and presumably sold and shipped. JJP factory is chocked full of new games, so they must be flying out the doors. Where are they ???

Several people own LEs so far and have been streaming them on Twitch.

1 week later
#490 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

just give all CE buyers an extra Spectrum GNR playfield

A Spectrum playfield does no good to a GNR owner.

https://mircoplayfields.com/en/p/spectrum-mirco-playfield

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

If I were buying an LE let alone a CE edition I would be asking JJP to ship a playfield to Ron Kruzman for a clear job.

I am considering the same thing. At the absolute worst case, you can play the game as much as you want and have wear completely off the table at sale time.
If you get damage you can't live with, you can do a swap and put in the bulletproof Kruzman playfield to fix it.

It's like playfield insurance. If it gives you peace of mind isn't it worth it?

#508 1 year ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

zaphx , if you end up doing the same, I'll have a double playfield Kruzman PF crate and we can send them both to Ron at the same time (cheaper option) and he can send them back in the same crate.

Excellent idea!

#537 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Were Wonka CE's done by Mirco or another vendor?

Mirco, logo is under the apron.

1 month later
#679 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Strange that you thought JJP would deviate from previous titles. CE buyers have always been the last to get it. 3 months is actually the FASTEST a CE buyer has received their game I believe.

That's kinda backwards to me.

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agree with all you said except the last part. As the CE sold out in hours I suspect they didn't worry much about incentivizing further CE interest. As only the CE's were paid to some extent and sold out I suspect that was motive to push them back while the LE/SE market was still viable.

There is just something not right about paying for the top tier product and having to watch everyone else enjoy their games.
I can't watch any GNR streams because by the time I get my game, everyone else will have uncovered all the secrets.

I will freely admit I have the patience of an 8 year old on Christmas Eve, but they really should rethink the CE rollouts IMO.

It's like being punished for buying the best version.

2 weeks later
#827 1 year ago

Would you consider the decals on the CE to be radcals?

Pretty sure that is already confirmed. Mirrored radcals, even!

#863 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

emails just went out for the first of my customers. my first batch of ce's will be ready in 2-6 weeks.

HELLS YES

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

I'm trying to find the coma lock mechanism...not sure I can make it out in this photo

Opposite corner from the shooter mech. It's just a post mech, you can see the yellow coil.

#951 1 year ago
Quoted from TaTa:

[quoted image]

You're pointing at a flipper coil. The coma lock is, I believe, just above and to the left of your arrow.

#954 1 year ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I was just pointing to the general vicinity. But thank you very much for pointing that out

No disrespect intended!

#1042 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

When your CEs start coming in, please let us know if the Titan rubber replacements are still needed on this edition! Or if they upgraded them on the CE...

My take...Titans are always an upgrade on any pin. Buy a set or two anyway. I keep 1-2 sets on hand for all my games.

You'll want to be able to swap a broken one quickly and get back playing, right?

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

"Dear Jason,
Surprise!!! I am pleased to advise you that the shipment of your JJP Guns-N-Roses Collector's Edition pinball game from our Invoice #XXXX just left our warehouse a few minutes ago with R&L Carriers to your XXXX,XX residence under the attached Bill of Lading #XXXXXXX."
Super excited... Delivery tracked to a week from today. The wife is going to be happy!

f70f6c82b70aa2ad924602853f974503.jpg
#1235 1 year ago

Are undercab, rearcab, and topper lights multicolor?

Do they animate along with the others, or do they just pulse with a flasher on the playfield?

#1343 1 year ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

#91 CE is at my distributor, looks awesome! They had to fix a few items JJP forgot to include and are overnighting hoping to have it ready in few days! Very exciting!

Lucky! Mine should ship next week.

#1366 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Mine is sitting in the garage and hoping to set everything up tonight. I have seen few e-mails now abut them sending wrong wires and then again sending wrong wires and possibly needing to send few extra parts/wires again. If all that doesn't work is the topper until I get those parts I can deal but would be nice to have it all humming together
#42 in the house![quoted image]

You took my preferred number.

#1370 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

From what I understand badge number is not tied to serial number in any way. Swap placards!

That would be the way to do it. However, it's not worth $1000 to me.

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow i'm surprised the engineers and other support people aren't supervising CE production. I actually thought JJP tested these games before they went out. I guess I was wrong.

Understand that the CE line just began recently, and the toppers are boxed items not tested as part of the main game assembly.

I think we can put away the pitchforks on this one. JJP will make everyone whole on it.

#1433 1 year ago

I hear what you're saying PtownPin but I really don't see this as a testing issue. Rather, a parts checklist issue.

Humans are fallible.

#1507 12 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

skyemont got his machine!!

28this.jpg
#1520 12 months ago

Got the word - Guns CE lands Weds!

Looking forward to becoming a HotRails ™

#1579 12 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

OUCH. Just watched an unboxing of an CE on stream of Warlock 'n roll pinball and they found out on stream that their cabinet was cracked in several places when setting the game up. A shipping nightmare and worst case scenario when unboxing a brand new machine. I feel so sorry for those guys. Going from a high to rockbottom.

Link?

#1581 12 months ago

Ugh. Looks like the machine was dropped or tipped over.

#1609 12 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think the issue in this case is Tip n Tell only identifies if the parcel was Tipped. Drop and Tell is much harder to identify unless fully unpackaged.

There's a different device for drops, the Shockwatch. I use it when I ship pins.

#1616 12 months ago

Fedex boned me - they won't deliver until tomorrow.

One more day!

#1619 12 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ouchhhhh. I bet another Wonka video will clear your head.......lol

I don't have anything else to say, really...from this point I just gotta execute and I think it will take another 8000 plays before I'll be effective enough to practice what I preach!

Honestly it's kind of a miracle that I got a kid GT on that stream...it's only the second time I've done it.

#1682 12 months ago

#54 is here, will unbox this afternoon!

IMG_2706.jpeg
#1688 12 months ago

Well it’s 12:09 pm, here.

Took a quick peek to make sure it's all intact. Have to stop until after work when my wife can spot me escalera-ing up the stairs.

IMG_2712 (resized).jpegIMG_2715 (resized).jpeg
#1693 12 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Maybe you guys need a drop and tell!

Those do exist!

IMG_2682 (resized).jpeg
#1733 12 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In looking at many of the photos from CE owners, it looks like the outside barrel spring is too long to allow the shooter to make good contact with the ball and allow for hitting all the skills shots. Any other CE owners having issues making all the skill shots?

Yes, I couldn't clear the gate on a full plunge.

I changed out the shooter tip and it helped, but it's still not as controllable/powerful as I'd like. I may change out the shooter spring.

#1734 12 months ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Checking in buddy!!! Been 9 hours; we need to send a crew in to find you?

Twas a long day. I couldn't get my wife to spot me on the Escalera until late in the day, then the setup/tweaks/cleanup wiped me out.

Will have a better read on the game tomorrow!

IMG_2733 (resized).jpeg
#1755 12 months ago

Susan and I are streaming Guns CE at 7CST!

http://twitch.tv/nspinball

#1760 12 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks for streaming, just caught it now. Are the musical notes directly below the spinning record lit up on the LE as well? It seemed more pronounced on the CE and either I've missed it on the LE or it's not rgb or something?

Yes I believe so. I don't think that is a CE bump.

#1762 12 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Appreciate that. Please upload to your youtube channel Took me with my crap internet on Twitch about 45 mins to watch 20 mins of footage with the buffering lol. First CE playing stream I've seen, well done

Thanks man! Not sure it will survive the DMCA filters on the music, but will try.

#1771 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just wanted to say Thanks for the stream and effort to show the game off to everyone. Love the competitive relationship. My favorite line of the stream “looks like she died I’ll play single player, never mind”. Lol. I have a feeling once you adjust that skill shot roll in to flipper she is going to go on a tear for GC. Great wife, great game. Thanks.

Thanks buddy! Any suggestions for that ball hang? Just me?

#1803 11 months ago
Quoted from Mari21:

Exactly. My CE came pre-installed with a noise filter but just like you pointed out, the noise from the sound bar was still noticeable during boot up (and in attract mode) so this is (hopefully) an easy and cheap fix.

I also noticed the noise and happened to have a ground loop isolator almost identical to the one in the thread. It worked like a champ.

On the topic of the topper audio - has anyone experimented with the two internal wire connections that flank the audio jack and power molex?

I first plugged each speaker wire into the nearest jack. However I believe this inverted the L/R audio, which (combined with the cabinet speakers) would defeat the great stereo effects.

My theory is that when viewing the topper from the back, the left speaker wire should go into the right jack and vice versa.

I am about 90% sure I'm right, but it's hard to tell 100% when listening to L/R only test tones, since the cabinet is also playing.

Anyone else able to confirm this?

#1805 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are separate wires on the topper for L/R? I thought it was just a 3.5mm jack.

Yeah, I missed them at first too! The topper doesn't play audio at all until you plug them in! Fish them out of the hole in the topper.

And see if I am right, that the left wire goes in the right jack and vice-versa.

#1806 11 months ago
Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 9.25.35 PM.png
#1812 11 months ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Well tomorrow is the big day for GNR CE #210! I was able to borrow an Escalera today and have been practicing with it all afternoon. I'll breathe a big sigh of relief once this thing is successfully in the basement.

I don't want to scare you, but going downstairs with heavy JJP pins is one of the scariest things I do in my life.

I had one (Wonka SE) that pitched forward on me and almost took me down the stairs.

Make 100% sure you have someone with you, ahead of the pin, ready to bitch the balance back toward you if needed. Especially if this is your first time to carry such a heavy load with it.

#1815 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like a very aggressive move...

When the Wonka SE pitched on me, the guy picking up the machine was outside putting the legs away.
I was leaning back with all my weight screaming his name to come back and save me. He couldn't hear me and I spent several terrifying minutes leaning back and hoping like hell the machine didn't fall.

Aggressive move or no, I always have someone do Escalera lifts with me now. Up or down. Especially down.

Also, this may be obvious - don't try and move it in the box. Remove it first. Otherwise it can shift inside the box and cause dangerous weight shifts that you can't see.

#1816 11 months ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Also, what album stickers is everyone getting for their CE? I know we don't really have a choice but, considering the theme of the CE cab, I hope it is AFD (like most GNR fans I assume). I was trying to look in the pics posted but I haven't seen too many AFM in this thread.

I got Lies.

#1819 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I got CD
Also
I am having a hard time leveling mine, can’t get the tilt centered, it plays great just very sensitive to the tilt, it’s too close! any recommendations, I don’t have a angle meter yet so I am relying on the bubble.

Level the game side to side, top of the bubble at the second line from the bottom. Then bend the tilt bob circle so the bobber is centered.

If it's too sensitive when centered, spin the wing nut on the bottom to lower it until you're gruntled.

#1826 11 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Solve for me was quick and easy. Installed two #10 washers UNDER the one way flap mech AND .. this is important I turned the one-way gate flap counter clockwise in the mount to present as much angle to the ball as possible - right nut pushed upward and left nut pulled downward.

Bravo! I did the same exact fix to mine tonight. Not only did it solve the fall-through issue, it also resolved the stuck ball I was getting at the gate.

#1829 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Thank you Derek, I wasn’t sure if I should bend the circle but I did and it’s perfect! I also made sure the bubble was at the top of the second line from the bottom! I was off a little

Happy to help!

#1835 11 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Looks like my 8 year old approves my CE purchase..
[quoted image]

How/when does the game put a face up there? I haven't noticed that yet.

#1839 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Watching your stream your and your wife's face were up there a few times so it must be working. Granted your face was less then happy when she was Beating you! lol Mostly used during song modes unlike Wonka.

Not the jumbotron, the face inside the GNR logo as pictured in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/37#post-6093787

#1841 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

It’s on the screen when you enter your initials top corner

Ah of course. Thanks.

#1843 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If anyone is having issues with their plunger rod hitting the pinball, I switched over to a shorter outside spring and it works great. The spring to the left is factory.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had plunge issues OOTB also, I switched to a different shooter tip and got it working reasonably well.

It still takes almost a full plunge to clear the gate so I probably want to do this spring change. Do you have a link to the part you ordered?

#1850 11 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yup - you are correct sir ... I just tested it using the test menu and playing "L" only and "R" only tones on repeat. No question that if you plug the wires into the slots nearest where they originate, the sound bar is then wired opposite of the main backbox speakers ... which is doing some interesting things to the sound stage. Not sure if that wiring was by design or not but I wired mine so the left side of the sound bar now plays the same sounds as the left (main) cabinet speaker below it. This should reinforce the soundstage not diffuse it.
To do this you take the wire that originates from the left side of the cabinet (as you are facing the "plugs" side) and plug that one into the speaker connector on the RIGHT side of the PCB board. Again YMMV
Attached is a picture of how mine is wired now (with the above suggested correction)[quoted image]

Thanks for confirming that!

#1852 11 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

You bet! I'm not sure if JJP planned the L/R reversal OR maybe, just missed it in the install instructions but maybe they weren't aware at all. More likely the latter as they would have purchased these (guessing) as a complete component from a third party supplier.
You would have to look for it. How did YOU find it anyway?

Well, first I noticed I wasn't getting sound from the bar at all that I could discern, which led me to discover the wires in the first place.

From there I guess I was just being OCD and double checking that I had them in there right. They weren't labeled so I questioned it.

#1868 11 months ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Thanks mt45 for posting this. I can see that mine will be hitting the PF too as I can see a little mark (from JJP play testing I assume). It's probably obvious, but to get to the top side nuts, you had to remove the left ramp right? Any tips on making that as easy as possible or did you just take off the whole thing?

I didn’t have to remove anything. You can do the whole job above the playfield with a nut driver. Loosen the two nuts, adjust the diverter so the nuts are at their top extent, then tighten back down.

#1885 11 months ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Oh I didn't see those listed in the change log. Does anyone have some examples of CE-only callouts?

Pretty sure he meant Wonka, since it was in context to his response.

#1897 11 months ago

I did a rules stream tonight:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/889376014

#1902 11 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thanks for doing this. Following. I've watched about half and learned a bunch that I didn't know. I'm terrible at rules but your stream delivered them in a simple to understand way - nice work!

Hey thanks! Glad it helped! . I'm terrible at the actual playing, but I'm working on it.

#1906 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nice stream really appreciated. Notes from broadcast
1 You have vacuums attached to your outlanes lol.

Must be a CE feature!

#1971 11 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

So far this has been my best JJP in regards to adjustments, fixing, etc out of box

Same. I haven't had to tweak much since unboxing day!

I made the washer adjustment to the shooter lane gate, and I'll change the exterior shooter spring when it arrives.

#1975 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I was just wondering if the stock spring doesn't work or if it needs replacing?

If you need it, you'll know when you can't clear the gate. I was able to get a -little- improvement by changing to a different shooter tip that had a little bit taller "dome" but all the finesse of the skill shot is still in the last 1/4 inch of shooter travel for me.

I fully expect the spring to fix it. I ordered it from Marco and it was supposed to land yesterday but USPS decided just to skip my street for some reason.

#1979 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You will need a new spring unless they ordered a bunch and it’s in your hand. It’s so inexpensive just order a .75 inch spring. Done!

$1.99 part from Marco with $8 shipping

#1987 11 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

That's great to hear, I have been having issues with adjusting the switch on the sling by the pop bumpers and the ball keeps getting stuck behind the guitar pick(Constantly making pitch adjustments and it does not seem to be helping) Man I love the game though, I just wish it would just break in already haha

I had to adjust that same switch. Do you have a leaf switch adjuster tool? If not order one from Marco.

This excellent video will explain the correct way to adjust it to avoid bending/twisting/ruining the switch.

#1991 11 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Yes, I have that little tool to bend it so they are not touching and it worked but after a handful of plays they seem to push back together again and set it off where I have to readjust it.

Yeah, it can take a few tries to tweak it just right.

#2043 11 months ago
Quoted from Mogg:

On the corrective wiring notes above, how would you handle this? This is for the topper-
[quoted image]

There ought to be a 2 pin female plug somewhere along the left edge of the backbox. I would not attempt to make a connection where you are attempting to.

#2045 11 months ago
Quoted from Mogg:

This one?[quoted image]
Not the one in the instructions
[quoted image]

Well now I'm confused!

#2048 11 months ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

It was definitely the longest part of setup for me given how the instructions didn't quite line up with the actual steps. For example, my speaker bracket already had the sign bracket attached. And I think I just connecting things based on my gut lol... (not recommended...)

I agree the topper instructions could use a little better detail. I didn't even realize the speakers were not connected at first! Derp

#2066 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

QUESTION: All CE’s came with a signature apron card? I did not get one.

It wasn't in the padded envelope with the CE plaque?

#2068 11 months ago

Did you know you don't have the speakers plugged in on the topper?

Fish the two wires out from the hole. The wires go to the OPPOSITE plug, not the nearest one.

#2074 11 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Thanks for catching that.

Happy to help. I did the same thing.

#2079 11 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

So to those that are just getting their CEs, is there anything that you had to purchase for your game? I know people replaced the barrel spring but if I am correct JJP has now switched over to the .75 spring. Any other parts you had to order? believe someone said new pinballs??

I always buy Titan rubbers and pinballs for any pin. BTW I got my .75 spring from Marco today and it's perfect, the skill shot actually has range and finesse now.

#2081 11 months ago
#2086 11 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thanks as I did forget about the Titan rings. I believe JJP is now installing the .75 spring. Do you buy the super shiny pinballs or the regular? Curious if the shiny ones are impacted by the magnets?

Regular shiny only, the super shiny are no good for magnet games which all JJPs are.

#2114 11 months ago
Quoted from Galooch:

I just started having this same issue. Anyone else seeing this? One thought I just had, for those familiar with POTC, I'm wondering if this is similar to the switch in the sinking ship. If you don't sink the ship within X number of balls the game reports it stuck closed. chetrico have you gotten to Coma since the test report and are you still seeing this?

I have seen this too when I don't hit Coma for a while, and it disappears when I do.

I consider this the same class of false positive as the boat in POTC as you suggest.

#2130 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No question to me Butch was the MVP. Just saying as every story has 2 sides likely JJP didn't let someone that great go just because. The past.

This. The "why" is not our business and between them. But we can all celebrate and appreciate Butch!

#2137 11 months ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Welcome to the Jungle! This is a machine of pure beauty!
[quoted image]

Hey you got it! Awesome!

#2172 11 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Got my powdercoated coin door and speaker grills back from robertstone0407
Love the look. The speaker grills are a nice subtle touch.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What is the "official" powder coat code/color for the purple?

I'd like a backup lockbar sans sculpt (for when my brother's kids come over).

#2179 11 months ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, #201 is good to go. All good out of the box. Just one question. Compared to my other JJP pins, the bass sounds almost non-existent. Is there an adjustment? I do have a Pinnovator external sub and Polk sub. I assume that will take care of the lack of bass?
[quoted image]

Make sure the speakers on the topper soundbar are actually plugged in - if you see empty ports flanking the line in and power, fish out the speaker wires from inside the box.

Counterintuitively, left speaker goes to right socket and vice versa.

#2189 11 months ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

#176 arrived today! Only issue seems to be the skill shot and ball getting stuck on the record/playfield. Anyone else having an issue after the skill shot the ball hits the sling rubber and drains? I have the playfield level.

Skill shot issues I've seen and fixed:

- If the plunge is too weak to barely make the gate, change the external shooter spring to a 3/4 inch one.
- If the ball is stucking at the skill shot or sometimes falling back through the gate, remove the gate (top 2 nuts), add 2 washers to each lug and replace.

For the record I see it bounce off the top of the sling quite a bit but I don't drain from it. We did replace the sling rubbers with Titans.

For sticking on the record, loosen the white plastic nut under the playfield and spin the metal knob until the record is a little bit higher, then crank the white plastic nut back down.

#2194 11 months ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I think someone posted this. During one game, screen went black/blank. I restarted game and back to normal. Some connection loose?

Did you happen to change the clock setting on the game? I've seen this on other JJPs after setting the clock, then never again.

#2199 11 months ago
Quoted from endodoc:

Curious if anyone has PLUGGED in a pair of headphone in their CE. The external sound is unbelievable, but honestly, I am super disappointed with the headphone jack sound. It's low and sound awful. It is not my headphones btw. All my other pins have headphone jacks and the sound is very good. I have not tried the bluetooth headphones or ear buds yet.

I did - sounded good. Maybe your jack is miswired.

#2203 11 months ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Has anyone gotten Bluetooth connection to work on a regular basis? I have tried with three different headphones multiple times and it has worked only once. Most of time it sees several Bluetooth items in the house but not the headphones that are next to it for pairing. Very very frustrating.

I suspect this will improve in time. I couldn't get it to see my Airpods or Parrot Ziks, but it saw my Opal icemaker

BTW I beat your score on Scorbit.

#2207 11 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Dang - some Scorbit competition! I like it! Solid score Derek!

Get busy Vitty!

#2212 11 months ago
Quoted from Erickong:

Only issue from the pinned list of items is ball sometimes getting hung up on the launch gate requiring a nudge.

If you do the washer adjustment to that gate it stops the ball hang and also prevents fall-through.

#2214 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Once you get your games loaded, what button do u use to scan the bar on your pin?

You need to add a venue (your place), your machine, then click the activate scorbit button pointing the camera at the QR code in the Scorbit section in the pin settings.

#2224 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Yes same question also how do I see other GNR scores to beat ?

You can follow people on there. For me, when I pull up my machine at my venue, I see my top scores and can swipe left to see global scores and this month's scores which include some of the folks here.

Someone already demolished my score.

#2237 11 months ago
Quoted from shokel328:

Number 188 on its Merry way to the Middle East. Merch, pinnovator and smof ground loop have already arrived, as per your recommendations. :-p
[quoted image]

What are the extras? Extra playfield and backglass?

#2246 11 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Is there any downside to leaving the radcal protectors on ? Like will they become unremovable over time? If you you have left them on do you have any comments?

You're not seeing the beautiful glossy finish, that's what. Take em off dude, seriously.

#2248 11 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I get it, but when your game is sandwiched between other games you aren't going to see them anyway. Why not protect em until a time that they can be enjoyed?

From what? Radcals are robust as hell.

#2300 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

How do I get rid of this Scorbit screen at the top right?
[quoted image]

Update to 1.14 and turn it off:

IMG_2804 (resized).jpeg
#2305 11 months ago
Quoted from eharan:

Hopefully 1.14 fixes Scorbit. I can not get it to work properly at all with current version.

It did. And you can get it now using wifi update.

#2367 11 months ago
Quoted from eharan:

Quick question, I had a session where my score was not recorded, this was previous to a code update on the game which fixed some of the Scorbit issues. Is there a way to manually add my score? I do have a picture of it. Its my GC score so would like to add it in Scorbit if possible?
Thanks
Ed

Ed aren't you punishing us enough? You're dominating the board

#2384 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have to admit I was a little skeptical of the soft plunge on GNR, but after playing a dozen or so games I really like it. Its very well thought out, and different from all my other pins, which in my mind is a good thing

It makes going back to WOZ/POTC/Wonka feel really weird!

#2405 11 months ago
Quoted from eharan:

LOL...its the only game I play right now...the risk / reward aspect is so addicting...I had a 40M song jackpot built up and I couldn't make the scoop shot in time to collect the applause jackpot so lost it all! I choke way too often on that shot when I need it and hit it all the time when I don't need to....thats what keeps us coming back for more!

Yes, I can't figure out how the scoop mech manages to shrink when needed badly!

#2439 11 months ago

Susan and I are streaming our CE tonight at 7CST. JOin us!

http://twitch.tv/nspinball

#2445 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Great stream. Thank you for sharing your time and insight.

Thanks for joining!

#2451 11 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

who gets dissapointed when desert demolition comes up? hit the arrows nothing happens? Would also love to see call outs or something exciting for hitting inner loop like 5 times in a row etc

Yeah I just cradle and time it out. Will play it when it's done.

#2457 11 months ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The Coma song mode is tough due to needing that target a number of times.

ProTip: Shoot the left orbit and hold the right flipper up - it will nail the Coma target.

I was yesterday years old when I discovered this.

#2513 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

So dumb question I did a search and could not find the answer. How exactly does the coma lock work. Have about 20-30 game on it and have not figured this out.

Hit the coma target to qualify it - an easy way is nail the left orbit and hold the right flipper up.

Then drain in the left outlane during pre-song modes. Ball will lock in the coma lock and you get a ball save mode followed by a multiball if successful.

#2571 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I just got my CE delivered today. What are you guys finding is the sweet spot for the playfield pitch for this game? (I apologize in advance if this has been answered elsewhere.) Thanks!

If you're a by-the-book guy (I am):

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 2.38.06 PM.png
#2616 10 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Quick question about the new box/pallet design...are the caps at the end of the box strapped directly to the pallet?
In other words, is the box a self contained unit that you can safely move a game in when it's off the pallet?

I don't recommend it. It's sitting on a pad (wood+foam) and will be able to tip back and forth inside the box which is more of a protective sleeve.

I'd remove that box and move it while still wrapped in protective plastic.

#2619 10 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
So are most people basically unboxing these outside or in garages, and then bringing them inside?

Exactly this.

IMG_2712.jpeg
#2620 10 months ago

And by the way - this may be obvious but DON'T CUT THE STRAP UNTIL THE MACHINE IS HORIZONTAL.

The backbox will come crashing down and cause damage.

#2622 10 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Thank you. Always good to have a reminder.

It's easy to forget when you're excited about the new toy. Two friends had mishaps of this sort so far this year.

#2667 10 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Is there a consensus on the larger slingshot rubber?
Necessary? Should we modify the manual with the larger size?
Are any of the other rubbers that should be swapped for a larger size?
Lastly has anyone experimented with different colors for the slingshot rubber? Clear looks like the best option but I am interested to know what others are doing.

I had early wear and replaced the original sling rubbers with new titans of the same size and they are wearing fine.
I personally don't think an upsize is needed.

#2797 10 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Is the only way to score big on this game through multiball play? I am not the biggest fan of multiball and I am having trouble finding any other way to play. I typically do very poorly on multiball modes on all my games, basically just flailing around until I am back down to one ball.

Booster MBs first, hit as many jackpots as possible

#2803 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Is this for the shooter rod, if it’s sitting behind the auto plug?
I’ve had a lot of difficulties with my shooter rod hitting the ball properly and I was just about to take it apart

It's for the shooter rod, replacing the one on the outside of the machine (in front of the skull.)

#2846 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't want to get ANY of the blue loctite on the plastic disc as you put the screw in the hole. Blue loctite will weaken or degrade plastics it comes in contact with.

Can confirm. Can also confirm that nail polish remover also destroys the plastic.
Don’t ask.

#2849 10 months ago

Can't fight supply and demand, sadly.

It happens in every hobby and every market. New to market cars, game consoles, you name it.

#2854 10 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Not only that, but anyone who believes the CE buyers were expecting them to sellout in 1 hour and sell for nearly double are fooling themselves. JJP CE’s had historically been available for purchase for quite a while after release. In fact, I believe most of the “flippers” intended to keep the game but once they realized they could make thousands in a short amount of time, they opted to “flip”.

I think so too.

People ordered because they wanted the game but couldn't say no to making a quick 6-10K profit after getting it.

You can pry mine out of my cold dead hands!

#2901 10 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The temptation must be there as other games have had special editions.

Not since Hobbit.

I don’t know why people keep beating this drum that JJP limited/collector’s editions will be re-run.

Wishful thinking from people who missed out!

#2914 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Question:
Played a game just before work,
Didn’t realize at first, but it seems the slash spinner dropped in my unit.
At first it looked like the ball was just sitting on the lip, but closer inspection, the spinner dropped.
I shut the game off and headed out, but wondering what I should be looking for when I lift the hood? Has this happened before?
Thanks I’m advance.

Loosen the big white nut (probably already loose) - spin the thick threaded spindle to raise/lower the disc, then retighten the white nut.

1 week later
#2951 9 months ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Is the opening shot supposed to be different on this game? The plunger seems weak. The game itself is a masterpiece. Unbelievable!

Yes it’s weak intentionally... but you only need to change the (external) spring on the CE and only if you can’t hit the end target with a full plunge.

#2965 9 months ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Does anyone else have issues with SDTM from the guitar locks? My playfield appears to be level, and the pitch is about 6.7. About half of the balls released go SDTM instead of being diverted slightly to the left and right when they are dropped.

I got a lot of improvement on this by *slightly* bending the metal edges of the guitar neck inward.
The idea is to make sure the ball manages to contact the triangular clear plastic on the way out, which will steer it away from the center.

#2966 9 months ago

These are not great photos but this is mine after the bends - it only takes a little bit and doesn't affect the appearance.

IMG_2924 (resized).jpegIMG_2925 (resized).jpeg
#2969 9 months ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Thanks for the responses, any chance you can circle exactly what you slightly bent?
Lermods, that's a good idea too. Thanks

The metal sides of the guitar neck. There are only two of them.

#2970 9 months ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Thanks for the responses, any chance you can circle exactly what you slightly bent?

Just squeeze them in a little bit. This picture is -after- I did the bend but hopefully it helps you find the metal rails.

IMG_2951.jpeg
#2973 9 months ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Interesting, thats not what I was thinking and not sure if that would actually address my issue on the left ball drop SDTM. Thank you though. Lemons suggestion would bump it out to the left some the way I think.

It's counter-intuitive, but if the rail is too far to the outside edge, the ball leans against the edge/post at rest, and drops without contacting and being steered by the center plastic.

That's my theory anyway and worked for me.

#2976 9 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

mine also gets stuck at that same place just right of that pop bumper! Any small fix anyone has done on that?

I stuck a cabinet bumper on the pop skirt which kinda worked but it didn't stay put. Still seeking a fix.

#2988 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Looks like the same spring?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like it to me!

#2995 9 months ago

Shooter troubleshooter, revised for GNR CE:

- Is the external spring too long? If so, replace with 3/4 inch. (You've eliminated this one)
- Do the autoplunger forks jump when you plunge empty? Loosen and adjust the shooter so it doesn't contact it.
- Does the plunger hit the ball square in the middle? Loosen and adjust the shooter to correct.
- Is the shooter tip present and intact? Replace it if need be.

That is pretty much all that can go wrong with the shooter on GNR that I can think of. POTC has a couple other things due to the rail system that don't apply here.

Good luck!

#2998 9 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When I first got my CE I had this issue. I called and told Eric to switch it to .75 inch spring in lieu of 1 inch. So he ordered 400 plus from Pinball life! .75 is perfect.

Agree completely! The 1 inch spring I could barely hit the back with a full plunge. .75 fixes it and it's good to hear they fixed it on the line too.

#3011 9 months ago
Quoted from LJH:

I am getting my CE delivered tomorrow. I really don't want to back through 60 pages in this thread. Has anyone put a check list together before playing.

Well here's a shot.

1. Check all switches in switch test, correct gaps on ones that are stuck closed (pyro sling switch was too close for me).
2. Make sure all the coil stop screws are tight as well as the ones for the diverter stop plate mech.
3. Make sure the 2 hex screws on the left ramp diverter don't contact the playfield when it's lowered, adjust if needed.
4. If the ball falls backward through the one-way gate on the shooter lane, add washers to lower it.
5. If the shooter is too weak to make the backstop, check the tip and external spring and replace with 3/4 if needed.
6. When wiring the speakers on the CE topper, the plugs are opposite where you think they should be. (Plug them into the furthest plugs not the ones closest to the speakers.)

All easy stuff! Enjoy the new CE.

1 week later
#3060 9 months ago
Quoted from 87shaner:

hi friends, I have issue with switch #41.
any ideas how to fix?
it still seems to play fine.
thanks!
[quoted image]

There is a W shaped metal gate on the left ramp. It should be clicking the arm of a microswitch when it is passed.
Has one side popped out and prevented the switch actuation?

#3062 9 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Cliffies installed. Takes a bunch of finesse to get the fiber glass doughnut around the diverter to upper playfield other than that it's a slow tedious 3 hour job to get the upper playfield off and the protectors in place. Note I had to trim the scoop cliffie at the back as they push up against the two up and down posts for upper guitar neck ball locks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any gotchas about the disassembly we should know? What did you trim it with?

#3067 9 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

pretty straight forward. I followed the removal of upper playfield guide from Vitty. I used very sharp scissors to trim the back of the scoop cliffy as it rubs up against the two moving posts that lock the upper balls onto the guitar neck. If you dont have issue with the diverter screws hitting the wood, dont' bother with that one as took the longest to get into position

Yeah I was lucky on that front and won't need to deal with it, the screws were not contacting and I moved them immediately to make sure they never do.

I agree that switch slots are not likely needed; Wonka and POTC needed them because the ball drops directly on the slot caused damage over time. Guns drops the ball on solid wood above the slot.

1 week later
#3081 9 months ago

I like the idea - that area is indeed a problem. I worry though about the ball striking the post at pop-bumper velocity with no rubber to absorb the impact.

I had a fix that worked by putting a clear cabinet bumper on the pop skirt such that the ball couldn't rest in that nook.
It worked well but eventually came off.

On the topic of gameplay mods...I am frequently frustrated by balls that make it on top of the left plastic then into the drain.
I have been thinking of putting a post on one of the nuts holding the plastic down, and putting a rubber on there.

#3083 9 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I have experienced the same issue. My thought was they needed some type of clear plastic guard there. Something like they have in WOZ. I get air balls that go all sorts of places.
[quoted image]

Are your flippers boosted? Maybe turn them down a bit, that one looks like it got there by sheer force.

#3098 9 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

i have fixed that problem like this. Have not lost a ball like that since i put it in and I can barely see it when playing. Hell i had trouble finding an angle to get it on picture.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please sell me this

#3109 9 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Would replacing that post with a thicker post work? Maybe a star post?

I thought about that but anything that makes the post bigger/thicker will actually worsen the problem.
The ball will rest even more comfortably on the pop skirt.

#3112 9 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Then no rubber at all?

But then you have high pop bumper ball energy against a bare post which will not be good either.

#3122 9 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Would a cabinet bumper secured with some 3m doubleside right in front of that post help...I've tried adjusting the saucer sensitivity, but I'm pretty close on the leaf contacts as it is. It happens at least 1 time per 1 hr game session for me

Anything that makes the post thicker/taller will not help.

A cabinet bumper on the skirt, placed correctly, does help...but it has to hang halfway off the skirt to work and ends up falling off.

#3124 9 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Did you try adding a dab of superglue?

Nope, didn't want to do anything that would permanently affect it just yet. I suppose I could order a spare skirt to experiment.

#3129 8 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

ehm. Are you guys trying to get a point across? Its just a little plastic i made and wanted to share how to fix it. If you want it i think i can make some more but i live in the Netherlands so shipping will be killer. Unless i can ship them all at once and have someone in the USA ship them to the rest.

tenor.png
#3130 8 months ago

Put me down for 2 as a friend wants one

#3133 8 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Guess i will be making a one of batch for my fellow Gunners here.

Thanks!! Not all heroes wear capes!

#3149 8 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Cybevenom's GnR invisiwall mod
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/62#post-6239408
01. zaphX (2)
02. rrosenhouse
03. Rolls-Royce
04. TaTa
05. eharan
06. NightTrain
07. wcbrandes
08. Mattyk
09. LukyDuck
10. Galooch
11. jonesjb
12. LJH
13. Vitty
14. JoeinNJ(2)
15. Vyzer2
16. Dallas_Pin
17. bsobie
18. MT45
19. bemmett
20. fnosm

Ok so cybevenom and I have started talking about how this will work.
There will be a single batch of 25 units of which I am taking two, leaving 23 slots (the list is almost full here.)

I am buying the lot from him directly, then will resell them to the list members for cost+shipping.
I'm intentionally not making a profit on these sales.

I don't know pricing yet but will update when I do.

My preferred mechanism of payment is Apple Pay (built into iMessage) so if you have an iPhone that's ideal.
I don't take PayPal, period. Sorry, but I don't trust them with my bank account.
If you can't use Apple Pay we'll figure something out (mail me a check or something.)

These will be US only.

It's clear there is a demand for this product so hopefully someone who deals in custom plastics for pinball (looking at you PinballLife!) will run with this.

#3151 8 months ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I’ll take one. Need more plastic in my life.

Got you on my list. 2 more.

#3155 8 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I am in. Thank you for taking the lead on this! Just PM me with payment and shipping instructions. I have Apple Pay available.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Please add me too

LukyDuck I had you already. pingod, you're not US, sorry. I am only doing these domestically as I'm getting priority mail flat rate boxes for it.

PDXmonkey you're in.

Invisiwall Mod List

01. zaphX (2)
03. rrosenhouse
04. Rolls-Royce
05. TaTa
06. eharan
07. NightTrain
08. wcbrandes
10. Mattyk
11. LukyDuck
12. Galooch
13. jonesjb
14. LJH
15. Vitty
16. JoeinNJ(2)
17. Vyzer2
18. Dallas_Pin
19. bsobie
20. MT45
21. bemmett
22. fnosm
23. blackjacker
24. pdxmonkey
25. jokerman

#3157 8 months ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Count me in if that is ok - I’m based overseas at the moment but can use my FL shipping address.

Done, list is full, we can stop cluttering the thread now

#3159 8 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

ZaphX, I’m Canadian as well, if you have to erase me from the list I understand. But if there are more Canadians on the list and you’re able to do something about the shipping, just send one envelope to me, and I’ll take care of my fellow Canadians from here.

Ah sorry buddy. Yeah I really don't want to mess with international, just acting as in import destination for US people as I can send them back out with relatively low pain.

#3161 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If there are enough Canuks interested, you can send the Canadian to me here in CA if you want and I can relay them up, then Rolls-Royce can distribute. I'm willing if you want to and there's enough interest.

Thing is, I'm not sure cybevenom wants to make a ton of these, though he has agreed to make 25. Might be a great PinMonk product?

#3164 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can easily make them, but I didn't want to step on any toes.
So make them, or relay a Netherlands shipment to our neighbors to the north, either way I'm willing to get them taken care of.

Quoted from cybevenom:

Don't worry about my toes. I wear industrial shoes with a steel toe. Feel free to make them. I will send you my state of the art drawing with measurments if needed which i drew on a piece of paper.

If this becomes a PinMonk offering, we can forget all about my list and we all just buy from you. Easier for everyone.

#3180 8 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Add me to the list please
Thank you

There is no longer a list, PinMonk is taking this project on.

3 weeks later
#3226 8 months ago
Quoted from Antron77:

I tried your vinyl iron method. Didn't work as well as POTC. If just a little pooled it made a little difference. Any chipping and it's a fucking mess. Put some mylar circles down for now. Not sure what to do. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If it's already chipped like that, the playfield iron doesn't work very well in my experience. I used Cliffy's carbon fiber post rings to cover it up and seal it down.

IMG_0036.jpegIMG_0037.jpeg
#3242 8 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But what if it’s chipped, and the play field is peeled up and elevated so the washer won’t lie flat?

Iron or just pull it off if it’s loose, which it likely is.

#3247 7 months ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Everyone who was able to get a GnR CE thought they were sitting on gold, now it is a pile of crap lol

Still gold to me. I'm not selling, we love it too much.

Quoted from wackenhut:

I saw a GnR the other day and noticed the meta