20210909_132429 (resized).jpg
20210912_112132 (resized).jpg
20210912_131833 (resized).jpg
F24C0366-43CB-4DDD-B8F3-87879EE5A480 (resized).jpeg
EA32CADA-FF90-4ABC-9394-C38A406CD8B3 (resized).jpeg
F4FC675C-34E2-471A-BA6D-3773EDD51AC2 (resized).jpeg
C4C90C63-F428-40FC-807A-E61E184C24BD (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1545 TECH: Proper flipper adjustment out of the box Posted by Vitty (1 year ago)

Post #1701 TECH:Diverter adjustment to prevent playfield damage Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Post #1718 TECH:Suggestion for clearing phantom switch sensor hits Posted by Vitty (1 year ago)

Post #1806 TECH: Make sure your speaker connector L/R aren't backwards Posted by zaphX (1 year ago)

Post #1824 TECH:Sticking launch gate fix Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Post #1987 TECH:How to adjust slings that are dead or machine-gunning Posted by zaphX (12 months ago)

Post #2081 TECH:Link to barrel spring to fix plunge power issues Posted by zaphX (11 months ago)

Post #2099 TECH: How to sign up for and play using Scorbit on GnR Posted by jsa (11 months ago)

Post #2460 TECH: Check your stock speaker bar for correct connections Posted by MT45 (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I agree..wait...I still think they ship out early enough ...in few weeks based on order sales

Yes but I was told they are starting the CE's from #500 and counting down so your #12 should arrive next August! lol

#126 1 year ago

Maybe in Europe through distributor allotments but Not sold out.

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

JJP struggles to estimate the limited number of games they should build. They aren't production-limited (like Spooky) .
If I owned JJP, I'd announce an increased # of CE games to fill all orders placed THIS week. If anyone (*cough* Kandeda *cough*) has a problem with this, they also have one week to retrieve their deposit.

Yeah, and the pitch forks and tears would flood Pinside for Months/years.

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's an interesting thought experiment though. Which is worse?
CEs being slightly less limited than originally launched? Or people not being able to buy the game they want?
There are tradeoffs between community goodwill, likelihood of FOMO buying on the next pin, revenue, etc.

Technically Stern did it with Munsters going from 500 to 600 after the hype but JJP gets hit over the head for a failed cartwheel lol let alone removing a mech. Pinside doesn't like Change. I suspect they will still make a ton of LE's and everyone will be happy if they stay with the program pitched. For what its worth Nobody has even shot this game yet so Anything can happen lol.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

JMHO but if JJP increases the amount of CE’s they will end up not having needed to do it. They will have some buyers drop out as they will be pissed and others will jump in, but in the end they would probably still sell 500+- of them. I do think that they are biting the hand that feeds them in the future if they increased the CE’s on this title, as no one would rush to buy the next CE if the game was hot and sold out knowing JJP would just make more. There would be no need blindly plunk down 12.5k on a game you have never played out of fear you would miss out.
JJP will bank $6,250,000 off of the 500 CE’s and that’s a lot of cheddar, this is a huge win for them... Jack you deserve this!.. now take some of those profits and get some cartwheel lessons.

Completely agree that would bite them later for Sure. Plus, imagine the phone call to the band saying "hey, would you mind signing another Hundred cards and playfields!" lol They won't do it and Don't want to be Stern.

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I am officially on the wait and play it first train.
I used to love GnR but have moved away and more into Floyd, Led Zep, NIN honestly GnR is pretty far down on my playlist anymore. I started to listen to AFD again the songs are that good (for my taste).
I was looking for CE but after they are sold anyway, I have no urgent need to buy one until I can play it first.
I like the layout, lights and ball locks etc.. but not quite sure about the rules.

Game plays great but for 3k simply put the game in the middle of your lineup and the art won’t be seen and the sound bar can be purchased for 60$ at Target. LE is the same Great game. Been playing all day no regrets.

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

What about the bass ramp is that there for a reason? Do you need to make that shot or is it just an alternate exit?

Yes you have to make the shot. At this point there are several videos available like the one from Buffalo Pinball yesterday. Just watch one and your questions will be answered.

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Anyone know when the CEs ship?
Apologies if the answer is in an earlier post.

Rest of world November, Wisconsin - August 2023

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

What about to the spectator? Unless you play by yourself (which is fine-to each their own) the others will certainly notice the contrast. We had a half dozen playing and it was clearly evident that the burnt orange/cinnamon/blood orange armor was clashing with the light show in most occasions.
With regard to the art, what do you think of the lack of the iconic AFD Cross in the LE?
[quoted image]

Ok if we agree with you it can be pink. Does it Really matter? You don't like it, noted. lol

#378 1 year ago

Thanks for confirming that your embarrassment knows no bounds.
I pointed out facts and you simply ignore them.
“Ignorance is bliss” must be your motto.
Keep telling yourself that “The facts don’t matter—I say it’s “RED” despite all the evidence to the contrary including from the manufacturer & designer” and that you won’t miss the iconic AFD artwork.
Oh but I forgot this is the same person who continually dissed Wonka until they owned it and they suddenly changed their mind.
Sorry but I can’t play a mind trick on myself to ignore the fact. Congrats to those who can!

IF I can convince #Delt31 to concede your right will you drop the color debate? lol

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

All I know is the trim color on the LE looks really nice....

No its not your wrong! lololol

#387 1 year ago

I was Joking! All this its red, no its not was mind numbing and Not your post.

#401 1 year ago

I hate that I’m back to this but okay, one last time, so let’s see if I can get thru:
Glad we now agree the original AFD cross is iconic...
Given the alternative is no cross at all, I’ll take the slightly modified version of the Iconic AFD Cross.
Just like the GnR Logo says “Pinball” on the ribbon, you’d be hard-pressed to find a fan who would prefer it were removed entirely due to the mod. Same concept with the AFD Cross. Most fans want this because, modified or not, it is reflecting the imagery of an iconic GnR piece of art.
Now the question is: do you prefer the modified cross or the brick?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Brick for me. Granted I sense 40 more posts to try and convince me I am wrong are coming......

#412 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I hereby announce that I enjoy purple lights mixed with red armor. I find purple lights and purple armor too much matching and too much purple. If you can enjoy that much purple, I’m happy for you but everyone knows red and purple look great together. The important thing is we all enjoy our games

You know it. Purple and Red for the WIN!

2A91FD81-AE91-4C62-A984-E54B0A537BC6 (resized).jpeg
#418 1 year ago

You mean “cinnamon”.

Starfish and coffee, maple syrup and jam, cinnamon clouds, and a tangerine... yep that works too.

1 week later
#480 1 year ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

So...naive question: Are the CEs produced sequentially according to their number? Or is it in order of when the distro/customer ordered?

They are shipped based on date of order placed. If you request game number 3 but ordered late it may be towards the end of the run. If you ordered game #12 it will be built LAST.

2 weeks later
#570 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Isn't that just a shot of the logo'd merch that JJP will be selling?

Yes

#601 1 year ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I posted this in the JJP mod thread what do you guys think? Would you consider buying one?
Here's an idea for you.... How about a small purple rose for the CE and a small red one for the LE? The DE ones seem way too big and would obstruct the skull

What is it your selling? A rose?

2 weeks later
#641 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I was recently told these are hitting the line next week .....who the hell knows....?

Might consider "Naming" the one with these hot leads and I suspect they will stop pulling your chain! lol

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I would prefer not to name names.

Then its not a valid story and Likely will continue.

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

How does that not make it a valid story? I’m taking time to share what I was told directly from JJP. That’s not valid since I won’t name their names since I know they likely aren’t supposed to share that information?
Got it. I’ll just keep it to myself next time...

I wasn't critisizing you simply saying the Story they are sharing could be just that. Toooo often on Pinside posts start with "I heard", "I was told", "from what I hear",...... are typically what someone read in a different thread with no value or simply opinion which evolves in to tribal fact on a forum. While fun to share this Does effect buyers Managed Expectations and they often end up pushing blame and hate towards the builder for missing these targets. We all like to share hobby insights (secrets) but sometimes they simply let people down.

#664 1 year ago

Well I’m not surprised to hear the standard feels cheap compared to POTC or some of the other more expensive JJP games. The price of GNR standard is more to compete with a Stern pro. I may have missed it in the other thread but I havnt heard anyone saying the LE felt cheap.

I think they are all fun but after playing all I could see not being sold on the SE. Fun game but after you have some time on the LE or CE there was simply to much missing in my opinion. My guess is there will be several SE games up for sale turnover relatively quick where as the LE will stick around most game rooms for some time same with the CE except for a few flippers. Still, an incredibly fun game at any level.

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Would incentivize some CE sales in the process for people not wanting to wait for the LEs.

Agree with all you said except the last part. As the CE sold out in hours I suspect they didn't worry much about incentivizing further CE interest. As only the CE's were paid to some extent and sold out I suspect that was motive to push them back while the LE/SE market was still viable.

#683 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There is just something not right about paying for the top tier product and having to watch everyone else enjoy their games.
I can't watch any GNR streams because by the time I get my game, everyone else will have uncovered all the secrets.
I will freely admit I have the patience of an 8 year old on Christmas Eve, but they really should rethink the CE rollouts IMO.
It's like being punished for buying the best version.

Completely agree! Not everyone would like this statement but to me the CE price should also include premium delivery priority. Front of line so to speak. My Guess is most OEM's stick with the low cost games out first as they Need to drum up marketing and an audience. Highly unlikely CE games will be on route or accessible so they do well with the Pro's and SE's at the front of the line. Patience good sir, the wait is Worth it trust me!!!!

#686 1 year ago

ROCK ON with our New Guns and Roses Custom 3D Rock Pop Bumper Drum Kit! For such an incredible game we needed every detail to be spot on in character for a rock band of this status. Complete kit includes (2) custom drum pops with new mount hardware. Each drum is hand assembled, painted, and detailed. Custom laser etched translucent Logo drum heads so the Explode with color vs the stock blacked out caps. Simply Awesome when they go off! Mahogany wood grain sides with steel polished pin assemblies! Kit also includes a Custom laser etched logo bar table pop cap complete with hand painted and detailed drum sticks, a can of the bands beer (random cans..) and a half mug already poured to get the concern started. This kit is setup for the LE and CE models with clearance for cymbals. An SE kit is also available so order accordingly. This drum kit looks awesome lighted or off with every detail covered. Guns and F'n Roses! Available now! Thanks again for everyones support and interest.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#693 1 year ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I really like this mod but it's hard for me to get it based off I like the guns and roses symbol on the basedrum pop bumper . If there's any way you can make this pop translucent to see the original pop artwork, I'd believe it would look way better and bring on a lot more buyers like myself. Just my opinion by the way

Not sure I understand?? The current pop cap image is a picture of a little drum? Also, the original cap was not translucent so no light went through only an led Dot was shown and completely out of place. Now the drum pop cap fully lights with a rather nice laser etched image for the full effect. Guess you could change it to clear but then it would not light and be a picture of a drum In a drum lol.

#696 1 year ago

This could benefit from a BEFORE & AFTER side-by-side comparison.
Also, it looks like it’s very tight back in that area and I’m worried it will be a nightmare to perform the mod.

Actually one of the easier installs. A Philips screw driver and a wrench to remove the Cymbal. Took maybe 10 minutes total. The wow value is that JJP used a dark print plastic and a very small LED in the pops so very little if any light shows through. Literally an 1/8 dot of light on the plastic like a laser pointer. With the logo etched drum head skins they Fully glow and add a great effect to the pops area.

IMG_6150 (resized).jpg
#699 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Looks amazing Yelobird! The sticks are a very nice touch, extremely nice, well done!

Sincerely appreciated. My wife was freaking over the smallest details even inscribing the tiny drum sticks but I will for sure pass along your comment. She oddly fears the criticism of pinball collectors lol. Best to you for a safe and joyous holiday.

#701 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Disclaimer : And we can all be thankful it isn't a fat, orange, Axl, with LTG on his butt.

Hmmm love your ideas, you got me thinking now.... lol Your the best thank you LTG.

1 week later
#776 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear ya .... I don't care for the delays, but whats really annoying is the lack of communication....JJP just doesn't care

Confused by your statement? They (JJP) never to my knowledge made a ship/production commitment or promise so how do you assume it’s delayed? Seems they would need to establish a date to create a delay. Pinside tends to share secret rumors which unfortunately many use to manage expectations. Would so love to see these sitting under Xmas trees for all but not sure there was a commitment to do so Other then the continuous “I know a guy and it’s happening next week” BS. Lol.

#780 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is they wouldn't provide u a date on when CE's would start?

Wasn’t saying your opinion is wrong simply that any JJP past buyers have generally known that CE orders most every time are last to run often months after the initial run. Just seems like many had false Xmas delivery hope due to speculative Pinside rumor. Do hope these beautiful games land soon.

#803 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

From what I’m hearing once they start on the CE’s, they will run all 500 til they are done.

Hearing from JJP or Pinside?

#867 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I thought they built 50-60 games/week, which puts them in mid March (to be done with CE's)

He’s one distributor of a global network. He’s simply quoting His customer order allotment not the companies time line.

#869 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Clearly, but is JJP providing distributors with information on when they will get their entire allotment? According to mine they have not committed to delivery timeframes.

You should reach out to your direct distributor. Chris KingPinGames simply likes to share his customer updates on all platforms which is why he Always Earns my business/support.

#961 1 year ago

Confirming units #001-#011 are off the line and #013-#029 are online!

Just playing with the OP plumber if he's still paying attention. lol

#988 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

You might wanna check this out. I am seriously thinking about putting this in when mine arrives.
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/jersey-jack-guns-and-roses

Thank you. Actually we will be unveiling 4-5 New GnR mods today so please hold off for your review interest. LOVE this dam game!!!

#995 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Can’t wait, your stuff if always awesome!

Thanks man we Appreciate You!!
The band is all set, Start the song with our Custom RGB Illuminated Band Revolver 3D shooter lane mod!! This full RGB color changing LED illuminated mod fits with the Best light show game ever Made! Highly detailed custom thick acrylic medallion laser etched to game design with a revolver profile. Hidden RGB LED mounted in a detailed base with hand painted gold GnR accent. Does not block that tricky skill shot and as always completely plug and play simple to install with instructions. Looks great on or off. Guns and F'n Roses! In Stock Now!

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#996 1 year ago

The band is all here!! Not in this Lifetime performance is about to start with the Custom RGB color changing illuminated On Stage sign mod!! Complete the stage look with this custom 3D color changing accent to cover the stock flat plastic. Laser cut acrylic and etched lettering light the stage! Highly detailed and hand painted accent 3D truss details with logo to finish the look. Simple and reversible installation with easy to follow instructions. Guns and F'n Roses! In Stock now!

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#997 1 year ago

Light that beautiful stage with our New Guns and Roses Custom 3D Stage spot light cover Mod. Small detail mod to cover the metal bracket OEM light. Vented cover fixture from all sides with raised GnR monogram details. Simple install and reversible. Guns and F'n Roses! In Stock Now.

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#1045 1 year ago
Quoted from magickeys:

Damn....is it Monday yet? The very thought that 24 hrs from now I'll be playing the shit out of this machine is gonna keep me up all night, I know it. In the meantime, I've cleaned and waxed all my other games. I've never been this amped about anything in my 55 years.....I'll keep drinking and waiting....I promise to hook everybody up with some killer photos as soon as I can get this beauty out of the box! Stay tuned....

Excited for you. Feel free to put blankets over the other games as I suspect you will not be playing them for some time. Cool to see a game drive this kind of dare I say childlike (in a good way) excitement for a new game. I can only say the videos look good but in person it is simply amazing. You are going to Love this game!! Congrats!

#1047 1 year ago
Quoted from magickeys:

Yeah, I been jinkin’ , but for the record, y’all let’s give it up for the Mod Couple......yes, they are among the “bad motherf&c&as” that are mentioned in my song!!! I have ALL of their mods made for POTC and for GNR......if y’all ain’t onto them, you slow.....catch up! Guns n f$ckin Roses, baybaay!!!!!...... Hey it might be 1am, but it’s Monday......which means my GNR CE day!!!!!! Woooooooo! I have a special beer on deck for later.....I’m sure no one can guess what it is....so fitting ....clue....it’s a double dry hopped IPA for anyone who knows what that means..... I really don’t, but taking all guesses....winner gets a shout-out on the unboxing plus mad ups for being a boss! I’ll attach a pic when the pin arrives!!! Too excited!!!!

OK Pins or not you sound like a Cool dude lol. Great to see people excited about something they likely worked their butts off to earn. I have had Many pins over the years but its stand out individuals like you that keep it fun and real. Hope to meet you at a show some Safe day. Sleep well and enjoy that awesome new game!!

#1058 1 year ago

I will say that I was offered 18,700 for mine and turned him down. Now -- With that said making an offer is one thing and seeing the cash it is another - but I do know that if someone has the money and they are wanting something bad enough - They will pay the cost. But for me, I think as time goes by, this game will might hold its value like the POTC CE model does but again there are 500 of these, so with time passing, you will see prices in a more reasonable price range IMO.

Have to agree. POTC was a Rare anomaly in pinball. Awesome game but the volume for all models was drastically low. With 5000 potential GnR LEs I suspect this game won’t garner those POTC rates.

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wasn't there 800 LE's, 200 CE's, and 200 Standards?

1000 total. GnR sold more LE unit numbers on day 1 then the complete POTC run combined.

#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Gotcha...who knows what the market will bring, but my guess is the CE's will increase in value, and eventually the LE's will drop in value like most JJP LE's

Bit early to lay that claim as nobody has played or seen a CE but time will tell.

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

It’s in my possession
[quoted image]

Wow congrats. Odd coincidence that game one to land is serial # 013 lol

#1158 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I’m assuming you got the lights atop the speaker working? I hooked mine to a spare power cable in the head as seen in my attached photo. As for the speaker connection itself.... I’m at a loss like you so far. No idea and not in the topper install instructions.

It’s all on the first pages of the download manual.

1DBED0EA-1000-4C69-B861-67B22E23569D (resized).png
#1182 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Congrats! You will be blown away

Would you consider renting me a small sleeping area in that game room? Very nice setup.

Question on OCD lol. How long did it take to ensure Each of those key tags on the board were Perfectly aligned?? lolol

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from bigsepe:

Just got done with work, turn on my phone... wife has sent me a picture- mmmmkay.
Wow it’s here!!!![quoted image]

Im going to give you 2 upvotes. One for an awesome game, and One for figuring out how to make your wife the heavy lifter! lol

#1242 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They wouldn't have installed in the game if they didnt intend to use them...my guess is theres a lot of code updates in the future

They are in the game and operational. Mostly for song modes.

#1248 1 year ago

Are the under cab lights led strips or more like the hot rails on the playfield, can you post a pic of the bottom of the cab?

From the image gallery as posted they look like traditional LED light strips.

E6B72091-1DC5-485F-A8D8-A64BD4122F8B (resized).jpeg
#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Just gotta make some room next to the LE. [quoted image]

Is this the one your already selling or did you get 2?

#1284 1 year ago

The stage is set. It's Guns n Fricken Roses, go Big or go home! We knew we would have to raise the bar mighty high to be worthy of the front of this amazing game. Introducing our full detail 3D Guns n Roses Illuminated coin door shadow box Mod. We really wanted to push some new challenges and detail with this game for a full 3D effect top to bottom front to back. Starting with our custom laser etched rose/ivy/skulls acrylic lense truly gives a new depth to detail when lit or not. Resin cast high precision pieces each individually Hand painted, airbrushed, and clear-coated unique down to the airbrushed Gibson guitar. .45 cal logo hand painted bullets and each 3D piano Custom made to order based on game model and number! Available for SE, LE, and CE. Plug and play installation with instructions included. Each customer will need to provide their personal game number after order or we will reach out. The band is ready, order now! LOVING this game, thanks to all for your support and interest. Available now.

The Mod Couple

1A (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#1302 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Got word #12 ships tomorrow to me!!!

Don't talk crazy man. Joe sent my confirmation #12 is on the truck heading to my house tomorrow!!

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

So I’ll guess there’s a #12 for each country.... My Canadian #12 will be here in February

Sad news guys. Just got off the phone with Eric and he said Slash said He needed #12 to store his lucky guitar picks and to make a beer cooler out of so it appears #12 has been spoken for..... All good, Richey can have #13!

#1377 1 year ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Just got word my CE has shipped and our basement is in the final stages of being finished! A new (amazing) pin and my first real game room coming together at the same time. Excited would be an understatement! Can't wait to officially join the group!

Sounds like someone is going to be Speed painting all weekend lol.

#1393 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So your carrier is open Saturdays?

KingPinGames Christopher is the Man. He and Eric delivered my POTC on Christmas Eve and even set it up for me. That man works 7 days a week to earn your business.

#1440 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No pitch forks just surprised they don't test everything prior to shipping. Especially the first ones off the line.

Do you think they test the legs and other Non produced parts with each game??? Seriously, a Very minor deal not worth over thinking. I am sure they feel bad. And as for the line, when I was there on Thursday guess who was at the Front of the assembly line with a mask on working? ERIC. Stuff happens especially when outside speaker type products are kitted with a product.

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Has anyone ordered this for their CE? I’m about to do it but wanted to see if there is a long wait for it.
[quoted image]

We run these every day and typically only takes 3 days for the custom to ship. Thanks for everyone’s interest.

#1465 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I did. I can’t speak to the lead time.

I emailed them with my number.

Completed along with 40 others shipping Monday. Really appreciate your support. As my wife is a detail monger last minute after the photo release she decided the “scene” needed 2 well placed fabric roses bellow the piano for the final touch. Umphh. All added and must say it looks perfect.

#1486 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Looking forward to it! 40 orders in 1-2 days .. not bad!

GnR fans Love their pinball! lol. We sincerely hope everyone loves the completed look of this coindoor mod. Really put a lot of thought into the theme and direction Eric was going and tried to include every element we could in a Very Small space including lighting. Very happy with how this came out especially the laser etching on the lense. Hoping to have Every coin door out Monday. Working on a few overnight to make that happen. Appreciate everyones support and interest Sincerely.

#1488 1 year ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Updated pics please

Pre finishing work but she Had to add the roses for the finished picture... lol For #12 Richie we will look for a pipe wrench of some sort lol.

IMG_6409 (resized).jpg

#1495 1 year ago

Put me down for #12 -- Once I have it -- Just want to be safe -- I will be in touch with you tonight on mods -- Need to get caught up --lol

Appreciated. For yours, I'll inscribe Joes Cell number so you have it for quick reference!

#1499 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I know you're busy, but are you outsourcing your forum posts or just taking some promotion style tips from Japan?
[quoted image]

Sorry you lost me on your point or humor? If it’s the word correct sorry Siri likes to write what she thinks is correct.

#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Been playing this pin at 6.5 degrees. Anyone else set it up at 7.0, or something else? Better or worse experience?
Thanks in advance for sharing...
Dan

Dan, start at 38 degrees. If the ball comes through the coin door lower by 1 degree. lol Yes, mine is set to 7 degrees and no issues with skill shot SDTM and plays great.

#1512 1 year ago

Sorry missed the joke. I thought JJP recommends 6.5°.

Actually, they simply reference the second bubble line = 6.5 degrees. It doesn't say you Must set it to that angle. Not all basement floors are created equal. Hence why an actual level is handy.

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Of all the CE owners here... do you instantly add a playfield protector the minute you unbox the game? If so... do you get it only from JJP or someone else?

Only if I want it to play like crap! These playfields look great. A few cliffys maybe but a sheet of plastic is Not needed.

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I can't believe you are trying to talk people into not modding their game.

Mod a game yes. Mod game play, no. He Asked, I replied with my opinion from using one. Fair enough. Plus JJP Playfields for me (excluding the pool gate issue which these do Nothing for) have been bulletproof and not in need of a plastic sheet.

#1563 1 year ago
Quoted from dbarker:

Hey I really appreciate that, directions made it seem like all connections were up top, never said to go into back box! Should have know. As the cord is longer. Almost ready to rock!
[quoted image]

Wow, that Rug! Great looking room for a rock theme.

#1566 1 year ago
Quoted from dbarker:

I literally took pics at every step of unbox, move to my basement ( which i did myself ) and set up. Its like having a new baby and you keep taking pictures. I have never gotten this worked up over a pinball machine. Its incredibly awsome and i havent even turned it on yet.

My wife gives me crap about that Every time. I have more pictures of Pinball machines in my phone then our kids lol.

#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

https://www.shippinglabels.com/tip-n-tell-video

Anytime I accept a delivery I sign it "STI". No driver ever questioned it and I was advised by someone in the shipping business to do this as STI stands for "Subject To Inspection". The person that advised me of this said by signing STI it allows you to go back on the shipping company for any damages that were not seen upon receipt of the item. Luckily I have never had an issue with a delivery so I don't know if this is true or not but at a minimum one can say that I'd actually sign for it.

I think the issue in this case is Tip n Tell only identifies if the parcel was Tipped. Drop and Tell is much harder to identify unless fully unpackaged.

#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I'm not a GNR owner but I'm wondering if there is any role for JJP or distributors to ban people buying games and flipping them immediately before it is even in their possession. Ford took a similar approach with the Ford GT banning flipping cars within a certain time period of taking ownership. Unenforceable for pinball other than blacklisting people from future purchases or at least moving them down the line. After the fiasco with so many people losing their CE slots I would think the pinball community would support games going to those who truly want it and not just the opportunists.
Buy and immediately flip a CE and you are waitlisted on your next CE purchase until supply is available.

They sell games. They could care less what you do with it after you paid in full.

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

There was some effort around making sure nobody was able to purchase multiple CE's if I recall. After that game on as it should be!

Yeah, I'll admit while Not a smart buying method I have blindly purchased LE games pre-play and even pre-viewing that I sold on delivery. Not an intentional flip for profit just not the game I was expecting. Stuff happens, it's pinball.

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fedex boned me - they won't deliver until tomorrow.
One more day!

Ouchhhhh. I bet another Wonka video will clear your head.......lol

#1618 1 year ago

Introducing the finishing touch to start the concert! The GnR, "Roses and Guns" custom 3D flipper bat set. Highly detailed and each is hand painted down to the copper bullet. Raised fabric rose inset into a revolver to highlight the raised colt with wood accent handles game on. Available as a set of (2). Alternate Upper set is also available to complete the rock scene. Guns and F'n Roses! All Models, SE, LE, and CE. Available Now!

1 (resized).jpgIMG_6437 (resized).jpgaaaa (resized).jpg

#1620 1 year ago

Introducing the finishing touch to start the concert! The GnR, "Roses and Guns" custom 3D flipper bat set. Highly detailed and each is hand painted down to the copper bullet. Raised revolver cartridge inset to highlight the raised colt with wood accent handles game on. Upper playfield flipper has revolver cartridge and hand painted microphone. Available as a set of (2). Alternate Lower set is also available to complete the rock scene. Guns and F'n Roses! LE and CE games suggested. Available Now.

3 (resized).jpg3333 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't have anything else to say, really...from this point I just gotta execute and I think it will take another 8000 plays before I'll be effective enough to practice what I preach!
Honestly it's kind of a miracle that I got a kid GT on that stream...it's only the second time I've done it.

Won't lie, I almost teared up a bit when you missed it the first try with 2 balls to spare lol.

#1626 1 year ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Its already started I see a GNR CE up for sale right now for 20k. There is always that initial shock and awe on somethings rare where people just have to have them and will pay any amount. Considering there are MILLIONS and MILLIONS of GNR fans across the World with only 500 of these machines available to feed that massive audience. Considering if you found an album signed by this entire group as we see with the pinball machine would sell for about 3 or 4k alone.
Considering the machine is way beyond anything we've ever seen in pinball, just considering all of those factors what does this game settle on over the long run? Any thoughts?
When we look at POTC CE its now up to 22k, will this game end up lower because there will be more available? I would argue there are fewer POTC CE because no one wanted them at the time. GNR has a rabid fan base and once the games are purchased by a GNR fan, not a pinhead, they will probably NEVER leave those basements until death do they part. So you can argue both ways.
Does GNR head into the stratosphere on value eclipsing POTC CE or does it settle closer to the original $12,500?
I'd love to hear some thoughts. What is the highest price we'll see this machine sell for vs. the average price or the lowest price once they're all GONE!

I bought this awesome game to play so I guess that will be up to my wife when I kick the bucket? Don't think the game will be any less enjoyable if its 3k or 30k.

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Supply and demand - my gut tells me that GNR won't eclipse JJPOTC long term, simply because there will be a lot more GNR available to the pinball buying population.

And from what I am gathering May surpass even WOZ numbers in a record short time which is a Great thing for JJP. Glad to see Erics second release be a new milestone for them.

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Guys. Is there any way to cut down the shaker motor. It’s rumbles to much!

Per the message I sent you for others. You can dial back the shaker in settings as a start. From there I personally add rubber feet to my games to protect the floor and dampen the vibration. Works pretty good for me. Good luck.

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-leg-leveler-casters-set-of-4.html

#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

#54 is here, will unbox this afternoon!
[quoted image]

Looking forward to your review.

#1695 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think that Shockwatch makes way more sense than the tip n tell....my guess is that would get activated far more frequently than the tip n tell

You would think that until your game is shipped on its side glass down. Bottom line there is no magic tool to safeguard against shipping mishaps. JJP could put these in a Vault and shipping would find some way to Houdini it into the bottom of an ocean. If we see dozens of issues maybe reconsider but for now with 1 long range ship issue I think this can be chalked up as an oops by the trucker.

#1751 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Added the mod couple coin door shadow box. Loving it!

Looks awesome. Not to be a critic but you need to find a color match Pingulp. That clear almost looks like a medical beaker. Lol. Nice looking collection.

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Susan and I are streaming Guns CE at 7CST!
http://twitch.tv/nspinball

Just wanted to say Thanks for the stream and effort to show the game off to everyone. Love the competitive relationship. My favorite line of the stream “looks like she died I’ll play single player, never mind”. Lol. I have a feeling once you adjust that skill shot roll in to flipper she is going to go on a tear for GC. Great wife, great game. Thanks.

#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Call me paranoid .
I don't want any liquid near my pins , especially bolted to them .

I used to feel that way until the 50th can/glass drink was kicked over setting them on the floor by the leg. Now all games have a Pingulp and all is well. Never an issue since.

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks buddy! Any suggestions for that ball hang? Just me?

For our game the following helped a Lot. YMMV...

1 Level and pitch on this game are rather critical as it has many design elements that are effected by more/less pitch. (center loop bottom exit, skill shot lane, etc). Left to right must be perfect and I found around 6.8 to 7 exited the ball out of the skill shot with enough speed to not hang up and also Not hit the right sling on its way down.
2. The ball gate Does have some adjustment. Loosen the Left nut and right. The design pivot point is the left nut, the right one is in a "T" slot allowing you to move it up or down slightly to increase ball gate angle. I moved mine up just a touch and all is good.

#1775 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Big shout out to Yelobird! Awesome mod.

Sexy ass game. Thank you so much for the kind words. I will share them with mama, she always likes to hear people like her work especially when I make her work all weekend.... lol We Appreciate You, thanks.

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from Furio:

Mod makers, here is an idea for a shooter rod. Encase a bullet in resin so that each release is a round flying at the skull? I am still waiting on shipping orders for my CE, but trying to be patient.

Already put in a request to #Modfather He has nailed the look and theme on every JJP for us so far. Love their work and prices. I begged for a scaled bullet look.

#1785 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Team CE -
I was getting quite of bit of hiss and electrical noise through my (newly connected) sound bar. You could only hear it when the game was not playing (boot up and during attract).
I added a super cheap filter just ahead of the sound bar connection - literally cut out 90% of the noise and took 60 seconds to plug in
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Thank you for that just ordered one!

#1837 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How/when does the game put a face up there? I haven't noticed that yet.

Watching your stream your and your wife's face were up there a few times so it must be working. Granted your face was less then happy when she was Beating you! lol Mostly used during song modes unlike Wonka.

#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I am pretty sure the JJP team is active in this forum thread, they will see it

I would still suggest Each and Every person on this thread call #LTG to let him know about any issue! And then follow up with him to make sure he got the message. (don't tell him this was my suggestion....)

#1891 12 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Actually you'd best call Barry, Steve, or Ken on this issue. Since I became the Jersey Jack Pinball ambassador, I don't think they want me doing this.
LTG : )

I still think it would be wise (and fun) that EVERYone calls you Just In Case. lol

#1903 12 months ago

Nice stream really appreciated. Notes from broadcast

1 You have vacuums attached to your outlanes lol.
2 They hit you on the music for a good part of the show sadly.
3 Totally love your obvious trick I never considered in letting the timer Almost run out on song add a ball. Smart!

#1924 12 months ago

That was in the envelope on the outside of the box that said "Open First".

#1959 12 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes I understand IP, VPN, Mac etc.. I’m putting a WiFi booster in that room to see if the signal is the issue.

What does the game show as far as signal strength?

#2007 12 months ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Thank you all taken care of. Warned you in advance that I was missing something...solution so good that it may go down in history as the dumbest pinball tech question ever!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Heck no. Don't ask don't know. I will Bet #LTG tech has heard Way worst help questions over the years. lol

#2015 12 months ago
Quoted from Mari21:

No way... I did have THIS exact issue today. The left guitar lock didn’t release the ball. I could hear that it did try but the pin stayed up.
Lifted the playfield, checked all the connectors, manually move the coil, run the tests. I could not find any apparent issues. Closed the PF, restarted the machine. It’s working again.
Go figure.

Could be a game restart calibration fixed it.

#2024 12 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

still doing it. is there a way to adjust these LED opto sensors?

I personally haven't had good luck just relying on a game restart for recalibration. Sometimes works ok most times not. You need to go into setting and do an Actual calibration and likely your issue will go away.

As a side note, while I love this new switch technology it does seem like they need to be calibrated rather often. Wonder what trips them up? How the game is shut down?

#2027 12 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

just went through settings cant find recalibration for switches...

65448e1e751bc504b24a1a37b18777e3b9f437df (resized).png
#2050 11 months ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I was going to label all this as Tech, but maybe it’s just confusing noise.
Can anyone confirm if the plug depicted (blue wires) was a male plug or female plug coming off the topper? Because the instructions (I think) depict a female plug end..
[quoted image]

Quoted from Vitty:

Lower left inside the head has a spare 2 pin plug. [quoted image]

Look at the "Image Gallery" at the top of this thread. Several have already posted pictures of these connections that should help. The plug is in the lower Left corner. See Vity's post above.

#2056 11 months ago
Quoted from Mogg:

TECH
Thank you, 40 pages I overlooked that post. Just want to confirm that I can plug in there, as it’s not like instructions-

Glad you got her working! For me I generally start with the "Images Gallery" in any game thread when I have an issue. Often times the think tink of creative minds/owners in the group have long figured out the issue and are Awesome in sharing the solution for others. I like pictures best as they get right to the point. Especially in some of these game owner threads with Tens of Thousands of posts. Enjoy that Awesome game!!

#2057 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Good point. I was for sure I did not collect any band members and after two ramp shots it lowered.

I think (not sure) you need to collect Bra and Panties for the patch full reward effect.

#2103 11 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So based on 243 we’re halfway through the CEs getting delivered? They started the line at beginning of January so another month maybe to clear out CEs and get back to SE/LE maybe?

243 may be his CE game number not the serial number order. Plates are random unless requested.

#2117 11 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Scorbit is free to use for GNR machines and all JJP pinball machines in future updates. No subscribtion or hardware is required. You only need to make an account and install the app.

Only my wife gets to see how Bad I play! lol

#2125 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I don't think they appreciated how much Butch brought to the table. His manuals were the best in pinball, bar none. I have no idea why they thought canning him was a good idea. It wasn't.

Unless you Know specific details, sometimes its not always the Companies decision to let someone go it may be another reason.

#2128 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm just going off what Butch said publicly on a podcast right after it happened. He was called up out of the blue and dumped [paraphrasing], according to him. Seemed very strange given his obvious skillset and value to the company on display with his work on the amazing JJP manuals. But maybe there were interpersonal issues, too. I dunno. He said what he said and that's all we got publicly to my knowledge.

No question to me Butch was the MVP. Just saying as every story has 2 sides likely JJP didn't let someone that great go just because. The past.

#2210 11 months ago
Quoted from doghouse:

70 or so games in, and my GNR-CE is kicking my butt-- but I love it!
One strange thing is that since the very first game my right orbit wasn't smooth. I finally took a close look, and ridiculously, this is what I found: the bubble level was wedged underneath and inside the right rail. Removed the stray piece and the game shoots perfectly now, of course. Anyone know where this level is supposed to mount?

My game did this last night, and I thought it was a software bug. I rebooted it and all seems fine. I need to check the HDMI cable I guess to see if it is loose, but never saw the issue again.
[quoted image]

From Image Gallery above all threads.

6666 (resized).jpg
#2251 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I just got word mine shipped....should have it in a week....

Looks great....what was the turn around time?

Curious, from every post you were So excited to get in on the order and arrival Yet you already have it listed for sale?

#2276 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Just did this and fixed. Thanks!

Same here. Did a restart and oddly it just went through.

#2296 11 months ago

BTW, I wonder if it’s weird for Slash to take a picture with himself if he sets a high score

They have a #LTG stand in on the Team Additions. For the contributions this band made to this amazing game I would care if it had gold pinballs. Worth every cent.

#2318 11 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

007 in the house and dialed in thanks to my good bud Angelo!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Arcade elegance! Great line up congrats.

#2386 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its a nice change of pace. Those new switches in the game are a really nice touch

I agree on the new switches but must say I am Hoping they can improve with software as they do seem to need calibration way more then I would think is normal. Could just be my game but I find myself doing that calibration more then seems normal.

#2393 11 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

How do you become aware that it needs calibration?
I haven't calibrated mine yet (got it on Monday) and I am wondering how to know if the switches aren't functioning properly.

For my game. At times it will just randomly keep popping the plungers up and down, or on boot up it will give me the error message and need to do that calibration. Again, Not a huge every time issue just more times then seems necessary. Kind of used to, turn on game, play game.

#2395 11 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas... #257 reporting in Vaughan, Ontario - Canada - WHAT A GAME MAN!
I’ll give this Masterpiece a 10/10!
Simply amazing! Player1 sent 3 guys this morning and everything is working perfectly, no scratches at all, PF 100%, everything is in perfect condition.
It was placed beside my WOZ Yellow Brick Road.(I have just 2 JJP), and guys... there’s no comparison "Pics vs. in Person"... WOW! ... it is impressive when you see the game in person, it’s simply beautiful! And now I have just space for 2 more games at home....
Cheers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First off, Congrats on the Awesome new arrival! Second, holly Wow what a beautiful house very nice. Third, looking at that house in comparison to my "shack" how the hell can you only fit 5 games in that McMansion!! lol

#2414 11 months ago

We are seeing #200’s arriving. Haven’t seen anybody report 300s or 400s yet

I think you are refering to the Number plates people are posting. That is not the serial number progression. We have already done custom coin doors for owners in the 400's. Plates are Random.

#2428 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

"300" in the house. The plaque does not mean order in which it was shipped or order of how many has been made.
[quoted image]

Congrats, long wait but she looks great. This game get its own room? lol

#2431 11 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Anyone else think JJP missed an opportunity with the skull's mouth? I mean they could've added a bottle opener in its mouth!

Thats where you place your pin bets.

#2442 11 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Apologies if this was addressed but Im too lazy to go back through 49 pages......
On the Skill Shot what is needed to be awarded the Skill Shot? I'm thinking you have to plunge the ball so it basically stops on the one of six inserts that is lit to be awarded the Skill Shot but I am seeing, on my machine, that's not the case. For example, if the third insert is lit and I plunge it and it makes it to the second insert I get awarded the Skill shot. So want to understand how this is to actually work and if my game is off how to resolve it!
Thanks!

Correct. Any plunge that does Not hit the back switch offers a skill shot. You obtain a Super skill shot if you hit the lite spot on that line.

#2444 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Susan and I are streaming our CE tonight at 7CST. JOin us!
http://twitch.tv/nspinball

Great stream. Thank you for sharing your time and insight.

1 week later
#2594 10 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Not really worried, just annoyed. I take my ratings maybe too serious. I always state my honest opinion, I only rate machines I have played. I understand that people have different opinions. But just flagging something as inapproprate because I gave a 10, for the first time in my life, that seems a bit childish. So if someone who reported my review would like to eloborate and discuss my rating I will be open for that. I am open for revising my rating, no issue, but come with some good points, just do not say I just gave a bogus review......

Guessing but when you rate a game a perfect 10 (CE) yet note in your review you haven’t played it and the LE is “slow” yet perfect people question the value of the review. Doesn’t mean much though as long as you enjoy it.

1 week later
#2757 10 months ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Serial number 320
CE 234

Congrats, it’s going to be a Long weekend.

1 week later
#2924 10 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That's because there was no demand for additional DI or Wonka.
Will be interesting to see what happens as there is demand for this game.
Makes zero difference to me whether it happens or not, just curiosity.

Wonka is actually an Amazing game and sold out everywhere for the most part. Very likely they Will rerun that title again. And based on the multitude of want adds for WOZ I would bet that hits the line also.

1 week later
#3007 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Has anybody heard of loosening the big plastic nut under the playfield and screwing the record back up so it's level with the playfield and then retightening the big plastic nut ?
LTG : )

Snippy today Mr! lol

1 month later
#3223 8 months ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Just checked mine and have the same issues. Left outlane is pooled and chipped. Upper playfield has pooling as well as other places. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hot dam these CE’s are turning into a hot mess. Sorry to see that. That there is some no excuse refund.

#3225 8 months ago

Almost like the ink failed and the clear shattered. Sorry man I Do hope they address this and make it right.

1 week later
#3265 8 months ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So JJP stopped the warranty on the only item that is of issue with these machines? What a joke. I guess the CE is just an expensive piece of art not meant to be touched. Long term good luck!

That stinks. Was your CE effected?

#3271 8 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody what this is? Found it laying in the cabinet. Everything seems to be working.
[quoted image]

Part #12

dfdfd (resized).jpg