20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1545 TECH: Proper flipper adjustment out of the box Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1701 TECH:Diverter adjustment to prevent playfield damage Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1718 TECH:Suggestion for clearing phantom switch sensor hits Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1806 TECH: Make sure your speaker connector L/R aren't backwards Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #1824 TECH:Sticking launch gate fix Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1987 TECH:How to adjust slings that are dead or machine-gunning Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2081 TECH:Link to barrel spring to fix plunge power issues Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2099 TECH: How to sign up for and play using Scorbit on GnR Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Post #2460 TECH: Check your stock speaker bar for correct connections Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Once someone hears of build timings for CE's please post it up!

production to start in November or December

2 weeks later
#477 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Have those with distributor orders received their CE numbers yet?

Yes some have

2 weeks later
#593 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Got to play a CE at JJP. CE#1. Looks amazing up close. Hope you enjoy the pics. To answer the question, no they are not on the line yet.

Great pics but I have to ask .... did Jack tell you that you weren't allowed to show any pictures of the pooling areas (sling shots)? In the one picture you can see the sling it appears either a clear washer was installed or there's no ink going under the post.

#611 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Be patient brother, we will have our Games soon ... (I was expecting mine for Christmas, but obviously I don’t see that very easy for us Canadians).

With JJP's history ... we'll be lucky to see them by Summer!

2 weeks later
#662 3 years ago

I’m in on a CE but .... played my first game on a standard yesterday and have to say I wasn’t impressed. A lot of air balls and game felt/looked very cheap. Never experienced this from a JJP game. In one game I had to have the establishment open the game twice to retrieve balls that were stuck, one of those times I had two balls trapped. Whilst I understand this is a game on route and their entry level game but played POTC and Wonka more then GnR.

Hoping CE is somehow different.

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well I’m not surprised to hear the standard feels cheap compared to POTC or some of the other more expensive JJP games. The price of GNR standard is more to compete with a Stern pro. I may have missed it in the other thread but I havnt heard anyone saying the LE felt cheap.

Agree and this is what I am hoping. It was my first experience with a JJP Standard too so that is to be considered.

1 week later
#748 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was for sure we would get some CE’s by Christmas. Jesus Christ it’s been 2 months.

You’re not new to pinball so I’m baffled as to how/why you’re surprised this is where we’re at? Not trying be harsh but JJP has NEVER delivered anything on time. They use to give buyers an idea as to when and were ALWAYS wrong.

Over promise and under deliver is the JJP way and this is coming from a repeat customer and big fan of their machines.

Anyone who thinks that they’re going to put money down on a machine and get it quickly is setting themselves up for disappointment.

As for selling your machine for 20k..... if you decide to keep your CE tell your buyer to PM me!

2 weeks later
#890 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just posted. OMG!
[quoted image]

you need a hobby

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Gotcha...who knows what the market will bring, but my guess is the CE's will increase in value, and eventually the LE's will drop in value like most JJP LE's

Value just dropped to 19k

Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (personal) - “I am looking to sell my GnR CE. I currently have an LE, which I was going to swap out but am willing to entertain the idea to keep it if someone wants the CE now. The game arriv...”
2021-01-11
Chesterfield, VA
18,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 1456 times

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Anyone else contemplating if to stay here until their game arrives, or leave and return only after unboxing their own CE? Been living here for three months now, but on the other hand I’m thinking I have to leave something as a surprise for unboxing day. What to dooooo????

Keep coming back as it's good to follow those unboxing their machines. They will provide any issues or helpful stuff that will benefit you once you get your machine. If you decide not to follow till you get your game, once you come back there will be hundreds of post. If you're like me you wont read back through all of them so you could miss out on some helpful info!

#1142 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The 6 wanted ads for the GNRCE must not be serious.
[quoted image]

They're serious but they're also not folks that dont want to pay an absorbent amount for a machine that will be selling for a lot less in the near future. I had an offer of 17 for mine that was rebuked pretty quick as he found one cheaper. So there's deals going on that's not posted on Pinside

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Very kind words guys ... and that image is about half of the room - full video here!

Very nicely done MT! Like how you have a lot of stuff throughout your "loft" but it's nicely placed. Doesn't look cluttered like a lot of places we see.

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from magickeys:

I’m with you on that!!! This game is WELL WORTH THE WAIT!

How times have changed...... when I ordered the Hobbit it took three years to get it (ordered 7/13, shipped 8/16).
Obviously no one wants to wait but JJP moving in the right direction.

#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So much for those who said the CE’s won’t sell for 20k.
[quoted image]

or did he take an offer?

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Y'all funny. But there might be some truth In there...But Joe would not do that to me. Well...maybe ...

Richie, Joe has that warm nice guy presence on the outside BUT how well do you really know him??? I mean people that nice typically are hiding something RIGHT?? (at least that's the way it is on TV)

It is 3:09 AM. Maybe I should check with Joe

You might need to start writing new material!

2020 SuperStock Hellcat

Congrats! Toys like that are what we all work so hard for, enjoy!
(BTW I am offering my services up to you.....I will take the Hellcat and bring it out here where it can be driven 11.5 months out of the year as opposed to sitting in the garage 90% of the time in dreary IL!)

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsepe:

To be fair, when I left JJP a message about the issue I did mention it may be as simple as that.
However that is not what the instructions tell me to do nor was there a splitter in the wire kits I received. I do appreciate the post as how to get it up and running!

Wow that's a game that was built on a Monday!

Really makes you wonder what exactly JJP does for Quality Control. With your machine it appears NO ONE tested the topper to see if it worked.

So far all the issues you guys have been sharing are not big issues but in the same sense that's worse as JJP is no longer a startup pinball company. They've been doing this for 10 years now and continue to make startup company mistakes.

#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

New factory that opened in July

Don't get me wrong I am big fan of JJP but you're going to blame things like missing cables, wrong cables then shipped out after the missing cable, apparently a jack missing on the board on the new factory? Does JJP tell the new employees or provide them a checklist that says in every CE there needs to be these items and the personal packing the CE checks them off the list to make sure they are. Also, no one is testing whether the speakers even work on the CEs?

Companies move locations all the time and you don't see this. Imagine you buy a car and there's no cables to the battery and their response is .... yeah we moved to a new factory!

Not trying to bust JJP's or your ##%$ it just appears it's a lets get these out the door ASAP and let the owners do the troubleshooting! Look at the post Vitty just made. So not only did the machine get shipped without the cables but then when JJP did ship them out he's still missing a part.

Pinballomatic only reason for me posting is in hopes JJP can get a lot of this stuff corrected as I want nothing more then them to succeed. They makes some great pins! Think about that first time buyer that doesn't know JJP or know pinball that well. They get a machine that doesn't work 100% out of the box they aren't coming back. Thanks for posting as it's great to see any representative of JJP post.

#1434 3 years ago

I'm increasingly sorry I ever comment on anything. Heard of covid protocols? Of course we test the games before they go out. There's an entire section of the building devoted to final testing. I used to run the one in NJ now there is one in Elk Grove. Sheesh.

Again, glad you do post. Opinions will always vary. As someone that waited 3 years for the delivery of a JJP game they have made great strives but we also have to keep in mind that JJP is now a 10 year old company.

A lot of these issues thus far are small and could’ve been easily resolved/avoided if simple processes are/were in place.

Have a good one!

#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

What is "tip and tell"..

https://www.shippinglabels.com/tip-n-tell-video

Quoted from Concretehardt:

unless the driver is willing to sit there for an hour + while I unbox and inspect it.

Anytime I accept a delivery I sign it "STI". No driver ever questioned it and I was advised by someone in the shipping business to do this as STI stands for "Subject To Inspection". The person that advised me of this said by signing STI it allows you to go back on the shipping company for any damages that were not seen upon receipt of the item. Luckily I have never had an issue with a delivery so I don't know if this is true or not but at a minimum one can say that I'd actually sign for it.

#1659 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Those prices are so last week. NIB GNR CE $18,500-$25,000 today. Two listed for $20k now and rumors are one changed hands for $30k (probably AU but still a lot). A year from now HUO GNR CE $18,500 and NIB GNR CE $20,000-$25,000. Buyers get your checkbook ready.
It used to be a primo restored MM for $12k-$15k was the gold standard of pinball. Now JJPOTC CE and GNR CE are the platinum standards of pinball. Congrats to JJP for setting the bar higher.

Where are these buyers at 20+K? PM me

#1781 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Another mode for this game would be to replace the yellow start button with a purple one. Do they sell these already? Or at least a clear one and put a purple led in it

Would this work ....
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-white-15-start-button-lamp-assembly.html

put a purple LED/light in it?
not sure what the size of the start button is on the GnR

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from SGSA:

I am sooooooooooooo excited - got the email yesterday that our CE is on it's way! It's expected to be delivered tomorrow!!!
I've had a busy few months and haven't been following the thread. Anything vital I need to do when it arrives and we unbox? I do know to check the box to be sure it hasn't been tipped before accepting the shipment.
Any advice is appreciated

Check out the post below. Only two pages thus far so nothing too daunting to go through.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-/page/2#post-6101633

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

skyemont ... mine arrives Monday!!

No one likes a showoff ...... but congrats!!!

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m having the same issues. I tried about 5 times. No luck at all. Anyone? Thoughts?

So dumb question .... is the machine picking up your WiFi and not a neighbors or some other WiFi close by?

Dont have my machine yet so not certain how the WiFi connects on these, just a thought.

#1967 3 years ago

Shit...that is either a 12 or 17.....
[quoted image]

Richie I fixed it for you so now you know your number...

JJP (resized).pngJJP (resized).png
#1980 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

$1.99 part from Marco with $8 shipping

If you send an email to Marco and request it to be sent 1st Class they typically will accommodate. You're just not allowed to when it doesn't arrive in a timely fashion.

#2077 3 years ago

So to those that are just getting their CEs, is there anything that you had to purchase for your game? I know people replaced the barrel spring but if I am correct JJP has now switched over to the .75 spring. Any other parts you had to order? believe someone said new pinballs??

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I always buy Titan rubbers and pinballs for any pin. BTW I got my .75 spring from Marco today and it's perfect, the skill shot actually has range and finesse now.

Thanks as I did forget about the Titan rings. I believe JJP is now installing the .75 spring. Do you buy the super shiny pinballs or the regular? Curious if the shiny ones are impacted by the magnets?

1 week later
#2338 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

My LEDs to the right of the backbox have not had any issues. However, my LEDs on top, and to the left have never worked properly. The issue seems to be the connector. When I run an LED test, there is no light coming from them. If I giggle the connection, I can get the color test to match the LED test color of the rest of the machine. When I then test the next LED color, the LED color for the topper does not change (unless I go giggle the connector again). This last a short time, then the light goes out again.
Does anyone happen to know how I can fix this, or where I can purchase/replace this LED set? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Put in a ticket with JJP.

#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My highest score was not recorded.

Mine either BUT I'm glad it wasn't as I stink at pinball!

#2430 3 years ago

Anyone else think JJP missed an opportunity with the skull's mouth? I mean they could've added a bottle opener in its mouth!

#2441 3 years ago

Apologies if this was addressed but Im too lazy to go back through 49 pages......

On the Skill Shot what is needed to be awarded the Skill Shot? I'm thinking you have to plunge the ball so it basically stops on the one of six inserts that is lit to be awarded the Skill Shot but I am seeing, on my machine, that's not the case. For example, if the third insert is lit and I plunge it and it makes it to the second insert I get awarded the Skill shot. So want to understand how this is to actually work and if my game is off how to resolve it!

Thanks!

#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Correct. Any plunge that does Not hit the back switch offers a skill shot. You obtain a Super skill shot if you hit the lite spot on that line.

thnx

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

. too bad JJP.. after all these years still can't ramp up production..

GnR went on sale on 10/06/20 and I received my machine 02/10/21. So just shy of five months from on sale date to receive date. Whilst still not great but Hobbit took 3 years from revel to received.

#2480 3 years ago

When I turn the machine on I am getting Coma Switch Stuck Closed but when I go into Switch Test and put my finger in between the Optos it test fine. What am I missing here?

#2482 3 years ago

Game hasn’t seen it hit in awhile so it flags it to be checked

So you're saying I suck in polite terms???

Thanks for the post/education, much appreciated!

#2485 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I think these auto doctor tests are great, at least JJP are working, its pretty rare for Stern tech alerts to work. I appreciate genuine switch alerts, good work thanks JJP

Agree, I just wasn't aware of it.

1 week later
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The light kit comes with a brightness adjuster. Unless the lights are 100% bright they cause an annoying whine through the speakers.

Is the noise coming through the speakers in the backbox or the soundbar? If the soundbar, do you have a Noise Isolator installed?

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The noise isolator is installed (came that way but I don't know if it covers the upper speakers and the sound bar or just the upper speakers) and I'm pretty sure it is related to the dimmer. When I unplug the new light and plug in the old strip the whine is gone. Also the whine is only apparent when the surround lights are dimmed. The noise it makes is a high frequency whine, which I would distinguish from the typical 60hz hum. The 60Hz hum is what I suspect the ground loop isolator is designed to remove.
Your question regarding the soundbar v. backbox is an interesting one. I will take a look see and report back.

I, as well as others, have installed an isolator to the back of the sound bar. Made a big improvement on mine. I was getting a lot of noise out of the sound bar, especially when the game was in attract mode. Probably so as there's no music playing to muffle the noise. For less then $10 I recommend getting one.

#2617 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Quick question about the new box/pallet design...are the caps at the end of the box strapped directly to the pallet?
In other words, is the box a self contained unit that you can safely move a game in when it's off the pallet?

The boxes that the machine comes in is made up of three parts: a bottom, a top and the sides. If you look at post ( I believe 1196 you can see an example). Once you cut the straps that hold the machine to the pallet the top and bottom of the box just come off. It's not like the older boxes where you have flaps for the top and bottom.

Agree with zaphX post.

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its a good question. I had a problem with their online registration form so I just submitted a support ticket.

Same here, I had a few minor issues out of the box and upon contacting JJP they asked for the SN so they could register the machine.

#2673 3 years ago

1.17 is available for download via WiFi

1 week later
#2823 3 years ago

Okay what am i doing wrong. My USB is formatted for fat32, I extract gnr_update to my F:/ drive (USB) install in game and Fails

1 month later
#3088 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Finally, the fun begins. More to come
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Box looks in great shape for the distance travelled! Congrats n enjoy!

#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

Has anyone made a rose custom shooter rod or a bad ass shooter for this amazing pin

Opinions vary so not sure if you would think this is "bad ass" but ...........
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-shooter-rod-by-the-art-of-pinball/

#3194 2 years ago

Having the bottom right sensor on the Headstock of the guitar registering ever few minutes. I went in and did the recalibration (start button) even though the machine is set to auto recalibration but still is happening.

I know there was a post on this before but forget which post it was on.

#3196 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Top of this page on the right side is a search thing for just this thread. That might help you narrow it down.
LTG : )

Yeah i did that and saw post 1718 by vitty. That's what I followed to do the manual recalibration (start button). I didn't see anything else on this thread. Might be on one of the other threads

#3199 2 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

This is my 1st JJP. Has anyone added a led flipper kit? couldn't find a 12v connection to connect my cointaker led flipper kit

You speaking of the LED Flipper Buttons?

https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-for-jjp-wizard-of-oz-and-hobbit-pinball-machines.html?Category_Code=

#3203 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The link above says it's for oz and hobbit only
There is another one that's compatible, here's the link
https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-jjp-for-dialed-in.html
[quoted image]

Apologies you're correct. I just found the email from Dan (Britebuttons) advising.....
"You should be in good shape if ordering the set called "JJP Type 2". This is for the newer JJP machines. Don't get the kit for WOZ or Hobbit. Those are slightly different."

The set comes with instructions as to where to tap into. If you need anything else feel free to PM me! I have them in my WoZ and GnR

1 month later
#3302 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can someone confirm the process for the refund, including shipment (packaging), and payment methods and timing?

If you're considering this option read this post first and proceed with caution ......
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues/page/7#post-6303896

2 weeks later
#3307 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

And it came with a cool magnetic bottle open thrown in for free.

1 month later
#3322 2 years ago

I’m paraphrasing here…. Only that your JJP Warranty no longer covers anything. If you have an issue and call them you’ll find that they no longer answer the phone and the voicemail is full.

Oh and no one is buying another JJP machine due to their quality and customer service sucks!! Of course this is all until the next release and everyone forgets about all this!!!

1 week later
#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from hepworthjd:

So I've just looked at installing the 3 posts 'fix' sent for my CE, and unless I'm missing something

No you’re not missing anything and your post could’ve stopped a lot sooner.

Whilst I love JJP machines their handling of poor quality pf is just nothing short of piss poor. The “fix” you received is nothing more then them trying to shut you up.

A true fix would be holding Mirco accountable or taking their business elsewhere.

3 months later
#3356 2 years ago

Just a quick question for the group -- Can we get CE Playfields - Were those available to be purchase by CE owners - I like to have one to hang on the wall - Thanks in advance

I Emailed Barry and got in the “list” for replacement CE pf!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-?tu=meSz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.