20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1545 TECH: Proper flipper adjustment out of the box Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1701 TECH:Diverter adjustment to prevent playfield damage Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1718 TECH:Suggestion for clearing phantom switch sensor hits Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1806 TECH: Make sure your speaker connector L/R aren't backwards Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #1824 TECH:Sticking launch gate fix Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1987 TECH:How to adjust slings that are dead or machine-gunning Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2081 TECH:Link to barrel spring to fix plunge power issues Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2099 TECH: How to sign up for and play using Scorbit on GnR Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Post #2460 TECH: Check your stock speaker bar for correct connections Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Would CE buyers be upset if any of these items were offered by JJP, while you are getting them for free?

This wouldn't upset me but you can't say the CE owners are getting those for free.

2 weeks later
#486 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You should look at the other thread where they are talking about the shit PFs

Which version are you getting?

#488 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If I hadn't already traded the FH for a game I wouldn't be getting anything but I just told the guy that I wanted to wait it out and get a much later game. I'm getting the LE at some point.

Waiting is the smart thing for an LE. Finger's crossed our playfields are perfect.

1 month later
#639 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I was recently told these are hitting the line next week and they are running all 500 until they move back to LE or SE. I was also told they were hitting the line 3 weeks ago....so........who the hell knows....?

Some disti's will say anything and what they say should be remembered and discounted in the future based on their historical performance.

2 weeks later
#753 3 years ago

Maybe those of us who have been with JJP from the start have been trained how to wait. It was 4 years of paid in waiting for WOZ and the same for Hobbit. Getting a machine within a year sounds like lightspeed to me.

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have been supporting JJP from day one. WOZ til now. It still does not justify why CE owners have to wait. Before you say it’s always been that way does not mean it’s right! Also COVID must not have anything to do with it. They have run SE ‘s and LE’s over 3 times now. LE’s are on the line again right now I was told today. If JJP came out and said, CE’s soon, we are waiting on parts I would respect that so much. That’s communication!

So you knew what you were getting into when you put your money down. Nothing new this time around.
Being able to afford one of the most expensive production pinballs in history doesn't mean you are gonna get special treatment.
Look at RichieWrench he has bought all the CE's and even he doesn't get preferential treatment.
JJP does pinball the JJP way. Which works pretty well. Let'em do their thing and time will take care of the rest.

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

I have no problem waiting for my CE. Let them work out the issues and then get a "perfect" game. I have a black arrow hobbit that has been flawless! It pays to wait for a little bit!

I have one of the first hobbits produced and I completely agree with this.

#787 3 years ago

That doesn't look like a production machine. Take a look at the JJP Badge, SE all the way.

2 weeks later
#1087 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Pics, pics, pics, pics and pics! Don’t play it til pics.

My thoughts exactly.

But you have to give the guy time to scrape himself off the ceiling first.

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Anyone considering purple titans instead of red for their CE flippers?

What about other color titans for other locations. Seems that in general the clear rubbers are really the way to go to maximize the light show, but wanted to get others take on this.

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Curious about this also. I replaced the stock reds with some green Titans and it tremendously improved gameplay - I was surprised how bad the stock rubber was. You could get almost no control of the ball with the stock rubber
If anyone tries any other colors - please post images
[quoted image]

The green looks great. I am also curious to know how light blue or GITD look as a color for the flippers.

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

JJP is already aware and correcting the problem

Cool that they are on this but kind of disappointing that the cord didn't solve the problem of not being able to connect/use the subwoofer/topper.
I hope fix #2 is the final fix.

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

This has been my issue with JJP since POTC. They moved the motherboard to the back box eliminating most of the interference hum. OK problem solved but they created another. By repositioning the speakers the way they did, on the newer models, completely destroyed the amazing sound found on the hobbit to WOZ. I would prefer that they go back to the original design. Sound is everything!!!

It looks like the facia is moved back in the new version requiring the speakers to be rotated firing up.
Should be an easy fix to make a false front to mount the speakers on so that they fire forward.

IMG_2296 (resized).jpgIMG_2296 (resized).jpg
#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

do you have an extra PotC backbox on the wall behind woz? that's cool?

Thanks Chris,
I made a 'backbox' frame for my Eric/Keefer signed POTC translite that Secret Santa hooked me up with in 2019.

IMG_2114 (resized).JPGIMG_2114 (resized).JPG
#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Of all the CE owners here... do you instantly add a playfield protector the minute you unbox the game? If so... do you get it only from JJP or someone else?

JJP doesn't sell the protectors they are sold by the company in Germany that makes them.
I believe but am not 100% sure that the company that makes the protectors is none other than Mirco, who make playfields for JJP and other manufacturers.

https://playfield-protectors.com/
GnR CE protector https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/A8FW79mQSky3lB9SzVigzw

Those that pre-order playfield protectors to arrive before the game does will probably install them before they play the game.

However, I think if you don't have the protector and your game arrives, you will not be able to resist unless denial is your thing.

If you install a playfield protector and hate it you can take it off fairly easily, super easy if you cut it off.

Lots of people don't like them and lots of people do. Its your game you can do what you want to it and a protector is one mod that won't damage your game.

Decide for yourself and don't be bullied by those that try to say there is only one way to enjoy your game.

#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only if I want it to play like crap! These playfields look great. A few cliffys maybe but a sheet of plastic is Not needed.

I can't believe you are trying to talk people into not modding their game.

#1538 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Put me on that list, too. Playfield protectors suck. Protect the damage-prone areas with a cliffy or the like and then just wax the playfield and enjoy the game. Save that money for a Mod Couple mod that will actually improve the game aesthetics.

Don't you also sell stuff here?

#1555 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why yes, yes I do. Thank you for mentioning that, affording me an unexpected opportunity to plug the Twipy-nominated Tibetan Breeze flipper coil cooling kits, available now for Spike and Spooky, coming very soon for JJP machines.
They're a very different kind of actually useful playfield protector.

This will be going on all my JJP games. Hopefully there is a bulk discount . Flipper fade is a real thing and it can suck the joy out of an amazing multiball.

#1583 3 years ago

That is heartbreaking. Wish they would have mentioned the shipping company.

2 weeks later
#2095 3 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

That was my thought! Anyone know where JPP purchased the forward speaker grill?

I used this from Marco, but they seem to be out of stock right now.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7602

Just to follow up on this idea of reorienting the speakers facing forwards. I dove into my DILE backbox and with a tape confirmed that the speakers are now firing up instead of forward because of how large the cones are, not how deep the magnet goes. The new speakers in the backbox are just about 5" in diameter. If the faced forward the backbox would have to be ~ 2 inches taller or you would lose the top 2" of the translite. I am going to mount a nice pair of NHT SuperZero bookshelf speakers on top of my DILE to see if it makes a difference. Once I have tried it out I will report back.

#2118 3 years ago

Has anyone put a full backbox light mod on their CE? cool/warm/rgb? Any recommendations?

#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

tough call, but I would go cool white. RGB could work on the CE translight though. The mod comes with a remote so you could choose it to be white or RGB.

Can the brightness be adjusted to balance the top with the sides&bottom?

#2153 3 years ago

this sure looks a lot like the disc mech. Guess you should also look for the other pieces in your cabinet too.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I grabbed the picture from this post by kermit24
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/11#post-5898028

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2160 3 years ago
Quoted from TommyGavin:

I bought these leg bolts from PinballLife back in October. Pretty good colour match to the CE. I was going to include a link but now I don't see them listed anymore.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check out these colored titanium bolts

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-stern-star-trek-leg-bolt-anodized-p-66.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2162 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I did, I went with white led only [quoted image]

I pulled the trigger on this. Thanks for your picture.

#2245 3 years ago

Is there any downside to leaving the radcal protectors on ? Like will they become unremovable over time? If you you have left them on do you have any comments?

#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're not seeing the beautiful glossy finish, that's what. Take em off dude, seriously.

I get it, but when your game is sandwiched between other games you aren't going to see them anyway. Why not protect em until a time that they can be enjoyed?

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

From what? Radcals are robust as hell.

What comes to mind is wedging yourself between your machines for some minor servicing

1 week later
#2388 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I agree on the new switches but must say I am Hoping they can improve with software as they do seem to need calibration way more then I would think is normal. Could just be my game but I find myself doing that calibration more then seems normal.

How do you become aware that it needs calibration?
I haven't calibrated mine yet (got it on Monday) and I am wondering how to know if the switches aren't functioning properly.

#2391 3 years ago

I do notice that the booster mbs start very quickly, I was wondering if this is normal or if my switches need adjustment. Also I have seen that before launching the first ball I can generate and increase my points just with flipping the flippers. Is this a possible new switch issue or most likely a mechanical switch issue?

1 week later
#2546 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks ... is everything included in the package? Do I need a splitter?

The light kit has all you need. I have it on my GNRCE.
They sell hundreds if not thousands of these. Lermods is active on Pinside and will answer any questions you have.
They are great to work with, sell a good product and offer excellent customer service.
Buy with confidence.

#2548 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Great thanks...did you purchase the warm white as well?

I went with the cool white. I think it looks great. I think Warm would also look great. Also the color changing option is probably bound to have a setting that you enjoy.

The light kit comes with a brightness adjuster. Unless the lights are 100% bright they cause an annoying whine through the speakers.
I am happy with the lights full bright so not an issue for me. But I mention this cause people should know.

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hmmm...first I've heard of this issue. We ship the lights at 60% brightness generally and I have them on that setting on my game with no noise through the speakers and nobody ever reported an issue like that. I'm not sure what would cause that interference since they plug into the existing stock led strip connector. Maybe the dimmer is flakey? Happy to send you a new dimmer if you think that might be the issue, but you'd have to solder it on.
Appreciate all the positive feedback and support!

Thanks for reaching out and I appreciate your offer.
Let me sit on it for a while.
Right not I am very happy with it the way it is.

#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is the noise coming through the speakers in the backbox or the soundbar? If the soundbar, do you have a Noise Isolator installed?

The noise isolator is installed (came that way but I don't know if it covers the upper speakers and the sound bar or just the upper speakers) and I'm pretty sure it is related to the dimmer. When I unplug the new light and plug in the old strip the whine is gone. Also the whine is only apparent when the surround lights are dimmed. The noise it makes is a high frequency whine, which I would distinguish from the typical 60hz hum. The 60Hz hum is what I suspect the ground loop isolator is designed to remove.

Your question regarding the soundbar v. backbox is an interesting one. I will take a look see and report back.

#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I, as well as others, have installed an isolator to the back of the sound bar. Made a big improvement on mine. I was getting a lot of noise out of the sound bar, especially when the game was in attract mode. Probably so as there's no music playing to muffle the noise. For less then $10 I recommend getting one.

If possible a picture of how you have it installed would be very helpful.

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:I just got my CE delivered today. What are you guys finding is the sweet spot for the playfield pitch for this game? (I apologize in advance if this has been answered elsewhere.) Thanks!

Mine is nearly at the 3rd line (probably in the 6.8 degree zone) and plays great.

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

It’s super simple, just a headphone jack on each side, install it in-line at the topper.
[quoted image]

Thanks

#2666 3 years ago

Is there a consensus on the larger slingshot rubber?

Necessary? Should we modify the manual with the larger size?

Are any of the other rubbers that should be swapped for a larger size?

Lastly has anyone experimented with different colors for the slingshot rubber? Clear looks like the best option but I am interested to know what others are doing.

#2671 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Quick question. Did you all remove the bottom leg bolts before using a handtruck?
Just wondering if they will scrape the ground if not removed.

When the game is soldiered ( on its back ) it is resting on skids which keep the bolts from coming in contact with the ground, provided the bolts are screwed most if not all of the way in.

#2675 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I just updated to 1.17.... But my machine won't complete it. It says downloading then reboots and nothing.... Still 1.16....
Any ideas?

One thing that interferes is not leaving your coindoor open during the update.

#2682 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Looks like CE is getting review bombed? A lot of low reviews over the last few days without any comments

That list is garbage. Pay it no mind.

#2718 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Thanks for that info, I have the same issue on the left ramp entrance.

FWIW, I found that my spinner wasn't under the switch blade which kept the left entrance ramp switch from working.
A pretty quick fix.

#2814 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

And if I don’t have a computer?

You need a computer.
They are fairly inexpensive (compared to a GNR CE) and are very helpful for all things pinball including code updates.
While you are at it you should update the code on your Dialed In and WOZ as well. They never had wifi and likely never will.

2 weeks later
#2954 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I purchased the CE specifically for the artwork.

+1 Same Here

Taste is personal.
To me the LE loses the beauty contest hands down.
I even prefer the SE cabinet to the LE.
Not that I don't like the posters, because I do like the posters a lot.
I just think that as presented the LE is the least attractive of the bunch.

3 weeks later
#3113 3 years ago

Cybevenom's GnR invisiwall mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/62#post-6239408

1. zaphX
2. rrosenhouse
3. Rolls-Royce
4. TaTa
5. eharan
6. NightTrain
7. wcbrandes

#3148 3 years ago

Cybevenom's GnR invisiwall mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/62#post-6239408

01. zaphX (2)
02. rrosenhouse
03. Rolls-Royce
04. TaTa
05. eharan
06. NightTrain
07. wcbrandes
08. Mattyk
09. LukyDuck
10. Galooch
11. jonesjb
12. LJH
13. Vitty
14. JoeinNJ(2)
15. Vyzer2
16. Dallas_Pin
17. bsobie
18. MT45
19. bemmett
20. fnosm

#3176 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This mod is so easy to make, it’s ridiculous. The plastic strip I bought was $2.50 and took me 10 minutes to whip up. Give it a shot guys!

Thanks NightTrain for the pictures and deets on this fix. Definitely a DIY.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-?tu=fnosm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.