20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1545 TECH: Proper flipper adjustment out of the box Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1701 TECH:Diverter adjustment to prevent playfield damage Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1718 TECH:Suggestion for clearing phantom switch sensor hits Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1806 TECH: Make sure your speaker connector L/R aren't backwards Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #1824 TECH:Sticking launch gate fix Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1987 TECH:How to adjust slings that are dead or machine-gunning Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2081 TECH:Link to barrel spring to fix plunge power issues Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2099 TECH: How to sign up for and play using Scorbit on GnR Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Post #2460 TECH: Check your stock speaker bar for correct connections Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andrewket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1147 3 years ago

Amazing photos. It's making the wait even worse!

Please post a video of the light show. I'm curious to see how they used the undercab and behind the backbox lights. I'm hoping they're not just a replica of the hotrail lights and are used independently.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Here's a short one ...

Thanks... but I’m looking for a perspective that shows the CE unique lights. Under the cab and behind the backbox (reflected off a wall).

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

The factory sound bar topper, might connect via Bluetooth?

It’s hardwired, or so I’m told. Don’t have mine yet.

#1192 3 years ago

For !?%#!! sake, someone post a video of the CE light show. Are the backbox and undercab LEDs a mirror of the playfield, or are they used independently?

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Prior video was showing errors on YouTube so here is a Vimeo version
FYI the Live and Let Die song begins around 2:20 into the vid
https://vimeo.com/499830126

Neither of these videos are showing the under cab or behind the back box lights (that I see). This is what is unique about the CE. Anyone have any video of that yet?

#1384 3 years ago

Anyone here install a pinwoofer kit on their CE yet? I have the kit sitting here waiting on my CE. I’d love to hear your experience.

#1460 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Has anyone ordered this for their CE? I’m about to do it but wanted to see if there is a long wait for it.
[quoted image]

I did. I can’t speak to the lead time.

Quoted from TaTa:

Adding to this... I went to the website and when I went to purchase it didn't give me an option to add my number to it. If anyone has purchased these before does he reach out to you through an email to get your mumber? This is much more tastefully done than the Wonka. A must have IMOP for the CEs total look

I emailed them with my number.

#1476 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Completed along with 40 others shipping Monday. Really appreciate your support. As my wife is a detail monger last minute after the photo release she decided the “scene” needed 2 well placed fabric roses bellow the piano for the final touch. Umphh. All added and must say it looks perfect.

Looking forward to it! 40 orders in 1-2 days .. not bad!

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

GnR fans Love their pinball! lol. We sincerely hope everyone loves the completely look of this coindoor mod. Really put a lot of thought into the theme and direction Eric was going and tried to include every element we could in a Very Small space including lighting. Very happy with how this came out especially the laser etching on the lense. Hoping to have Every coin door out Monday. Working on a few overnight to make that happen. Appreciate everyones support and interest Sincerely.

My pin isn’t due for a few more weeks. Feel free to delay mine and go to sleep

#1491 3 years ago

Delete.

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Someone had asked for a video of the attract mode showing the new undercab and behind the backbox RGBW controlled lights
Here is a 60 second video that has most of the attract lighting action

Thank you

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The problem with that is, it is easy to miss hidden damage on a quick inspection. The video above shows all those guys going all around that game for 15 minutes and no one noticed the damage... besides all that if the tip and tell has been actuated chances are the games been dropped, so it not should be signed for IMHO.

I agree. Upon delivery I inspect the box, and then open the top and look for broken glass. Besides the tip-n-tell, a casual inspection would not have discovered this damage. If the sensors are tripped, refuse it. It sucks, and adds weeks delay, but it’s much better than the alternative.

Watching the video made me cringe. From peak excitement to dread in 1.7 seconds.

#1650 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Hooked up the newly arrived SVS SB3000 today ... OMG, 800watts RMS and 2,500 peak on tap

$1k sub? That might just be overkill...

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I also like when the pin gulps are off to the side I’d be hitting that one with my knee all the time.

This is like the toilet paper over or under argument (over is the correct answer). I like my pingulps in front. I’ve got a row of pins where the space is so tight that putting them in front allows me to fit one more.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1808 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Team CE -
I was getting quite of bit of hiss and electrical noise through my (newly connected) sound bar. You could only hear it when the game was not playing (boot up and during attract).
I added a super cheap filter just ahead of the sound bar connection - literally cut out 90% of the noise and took 60 seconds to plug in
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

I have one of these on every JJP.

#1877 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

It looks like they're building them sequentially

I have no idea what the order is, but it doesn’t appear to be 100% sequential. I’m still waiting (low 200’s) and there have been some numbers higher than that posted here. The pins ordered directly from JJP without specific number requests might be going sequentially, but pins via distributors are definitely not. I’m crossing my fingers that mine shows up in the next week. My son is leaving to go back to school and I could really use his help with this one.

#1934 3 years ago

I suspect JJP had ordered <500 plaques, assuming CE's would sell over many months and they would have time to order more. They didn't expect 2 hours. Not the end of the world. Amusing even.

Mine has shipped but I haven't received a call yet to schedule delivery. Of course the storm is on the way to the east coast Monday-Tues, so even if they offer it I'm going to delay to Wednesday or Thursday.

#1935 3 years ago

oops

#1970 3 years ago

Got the call to schedule delivery. They offered up Monday and Tuesday. As much as it pained me I had to delay to Wednesday due to the storm that’s hitting the east coast Sunday-Monday. To get my pin into my basement I have to cut across my backyard, and it will be impossible to do that with snow. One day earlier and I would have had GNR to play during the storm. Damnit!

#2164 3 years ago

#200 is home. Mine was also delayed due to the weather. I had to shovel and snow blow a path across my backyard to get it into the house, but it was well worth it. I did leave it inside for a full day before I assembled it to allow it to warm up.

The game is amazing. It earned every award.

I have two issues. One, the glass came scratched from the factory. It’s not terrible, but it’s in the middle. Second, the main display is intermittently going black. I tracked it down to the HDMI socket on the board that’s mounted behind the display. It’s slightly loose, and perhaps has a cold solder joint. It’s easily reproducible. Tickets opened on both issues.

#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Couple of changes made. For more bass, I had a spare Pinnovator PINsub. I connected the taps to small pieces of wire and then connected to the extra terminals already on the bass cabinet speaker. I did a temporary connection, but now that I know it works, will solder.
Here's a video of a Polk speaker connected. Now, plenty of bass.
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0zVFGf72qgSSWoX4OCMZesplA#GNRCEBass
[quoted image][quoted image]

I did the same thing, but I just went straight to solder

#2217 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

70 or so games in, and my GNR-CE is kicking my butt-- but I love it!
One strange thing is that since the very first game my right orbit wasn't smooth. I finally took a close look, and ridiculously, this is what I found: the bubble level was wedged underneath and inside the right rail. Removed the stray piece and the game shoots perfectly now, of course. Anyone know where this level is supposed to mount?

My game did this last night, and I thought it was a software bug. I rebooted it and all seems fine. I need to check the HDMI cable I guess to see if it is loose, but never saw the issue again.
[quoted image]

I have a ticket open with JJP on my display. They’re shipping me a replacement. Check to see if the cable is really lose vs. the connector on the box behind the display. In my case, if you wiggle the connector just a little the display is intermittent. The shaker motor is enough to cause it. I suspect a cold solder joint on the connector to the board. If several of us are having this problem, perhaps JJP got a bad batch. :\

#2283 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

5. While playing a game, I had what looked like a special mode start up. I think it was called, "Do you want to play?" mode. Very cool. It looked like pin was resetting or rebooting and then it went into this special mode. Anyone else see it?

It’s a spoof from War Games.

3 weeks later
#2602 3 years ago

I’ve never bothered with ratings. I’ll say this, though. I have a collection of 19 pins and GNR is easily the best. It absolutely has set a new bar, at least for me.

#2719 3 years ago

Anyone waiting on parts for their CE from JJP? My glass arrive scratched and the back box monitor video is intermittent. It’s been 30 days and I’m still waiting for the replacements. Not a big deal waiting on the glass, but the monitor issue is annoying. I’ve managed to improve it by using the HDMI cable and electrical tape to apply pressure to the connector, but it still goes out every other day.

2 weeks later
#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from 87shaner:

hi
thanks for reply...
tried another thumb drive...
delta upgrade from 1.12 to 1.19 wouldn't work.
full install to 1.19 worked great. very easy.
seems like updates are thumb drive sensitive.
Had my first 100mil game last night still in tourist mode.
super stoked with my game, but sure hearing a lot of gnr running around in my head.
good thing I like gnr...
cheers...
87S.

It’s definitely sensitive. I had better luck with a usb3 32gb stick than el-cleap-o 8mb usb2 sticks. Same process creating it.

100mil?!!?! Man i must be doing something wrong. I think my GC is 12-13M.

7 months later
#3370 2 years ago

I ordered the PinGraffix topper -

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-guns-n-roses-stadium-topper

It’s expensive, but it’s perfect for this game, imho. I’m going to have to remove the extra CE speakers. I’ll see if I can come up with some other solution, but honestly I don’t think those speakers do all that much. I ordered the topper w/o the back box and under cabinet lights since the CE already has those and I didn’t want to interfere with the OEM light show.

Anyone else biting?

1 week later
#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Wouldnt it make more sense to get an LE if you want that topper? I mean it is cool, but keeping the CE topper is sweet too!

I’ll keep it in case I sell it some day. I just couldn’t resist the pingraffix topper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andrewket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-?tu=andrewket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.