20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1545 TECH: Proper flipper adjustment out of the box Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1701 TECH:Diverter adjustment to prevent playfield damage Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1718 TECH:Suggestion for clearing phantom switch sensor hits Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1806 TECH: Make sure your speaker connector L/R aren't backwards Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #1824 TECH:Sticking launch gate fix Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1987 TECH:How to adjust slings that are dead or machine-gunning Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2081 TECH:Link to barrel spring to fix plunge power issues Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2099 TECH: How to sign up for and play using Scorbit on GnR Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Post #2460 TECH: Check your stock speaker bar for correct connections Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tonic67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Take the 12.5K, non-refundable, at the time the order is placed and all of this bullshit is eliminated.

Completely agree with this..

JJP could offer the CE versions for sale direct for the first 72 hours after the release for those willing to pay for them (non-refundable) at that time. Do you limit this to one per person -- that's debatable. I would say yes. However, I can understand the argument against that. Many will land on both sides of that argument.

After the direct sales period, the remainder are provided to the distros to handle accordingly. I would suggest non-refundable deposits like JJ was going to do. This keeps people from jumping the gun and taking spots from those who really intend to buy the game but need time to arrange the funds. This again will stir up some debate. I agree with non-refundable deposits but others will not.

3 months later
#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Dang - couple problems with the soundbar power kit that was sent out for me anyways in case any of you have the same problem.
Issue 1: my amp board doesn't have a 3.5mm output on it, just the input
Issue 2: the power splice cable which is supposed to power the amp board and the soundbar doesn't have the right connections on it
Working with JJP on it and will report back.

Received my CE today -- WOW -- what a stunning game and probably one of the best I've seen. The detail is incredible.

I have the same issue Vitty. Incorrect cable and incorrect audio amp bd. I left JJP a message and will follow up on Monday. That should be no big deal to correct as soon as JJP sends the proper parts. Can't wait to get the full sound experience.

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Do you know when yours left the factory? It will be interesting to see which batch has the correct cables inside.

Dec 2020 is the Mfr Date. I'm guessing it was very early in the run.

Update to my earlier post. In addition to the audio issue that several are aware of, I also have backbox LED issues. One side is not illuminated at all and the other not completely. No physical damage. Probably just defective strips. No big deal. I'll double check the wiring though. I have reported the issues and have no doubt that JJP will get us all fixed up quickly.

I also noticed in the pictures Rodcom has above that one side of his backbox LED's appear to be out as well.

This is an amazing game! Great job Eric, Slash and the team at JJP.

#1453 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don’t understand the solution to the CE soundbar issue. Are they saying you need to swap a board out?

I do believe you need to swap out the audio amp board if your CE came with the board without the second jack. I think they may have accidentally used the LE board on the CE.

You could get sound out of the topper doing what vitty did but it would not be set up or sound as designers intended.

There is a reason they are running topper audio through the audio amp board versus simply splitting it.

#1456 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Pretty sure if you look at the schematic of the amp board that second out is an immediate split of the input without any additional processing.

That's possible vitty but no way to know for sure as I dont have the schematics to compare. The board had more than just the jack that are different in the small part I could see. I would not make that assumption without more info.

I'll see what JJP says this week.

#1569 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

You bet, happy to help. I have direct word from JJP that they will be sending out splitters, not new boards.

I was informed yesterday they are working on the solution but did not get details. JJP has provided great service and support so I'm not concerned. Either way will work as stated previously so I'll go with whatever direction they provide. The splitter is the much cheaper direction though. Sound should be crazy once the sound bar is active.

Quoted from Vitty:

First adjustment to do when you guys get your games is to adjust your lower flippers to be parallel with the lane guides. This greatly helps reduce/eliminate the ball hang ups on the flippers from the inlanes and greatly improves flipper flow. This is a must!
I've attached a photo here of how you roughly want them aligned. You want to aim the left flipper at the 'v' between the skeleton body and arm and for the right flipper aim roughly at the top of the tallest knuckle of the skeleton's hand on that side. On mine and on photos i've seen on here it's a fairly big adjustment.

Great advice and thanks for mentioning this here. My DICE required this adjustment but my GNR looks good.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Why yes, yes I do. Thank you for mentioning that, affording me an unexpected opportunity to plug the Twipy-nominated Tibetan Breeze flipper coil cooling kits, available now for Spike and Spooky, coming very soon for JJP machines.
They're a very different kind of actually useful playfield protector.

I checked out your site and read the write up on flipper fade. Great info and nice innovation.

#1575 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Of all the CE owners here... do you instantly add a playfield protector the minute you unbox the game? If so... do you get it only from JJP or someone else?

I'm not for GNR. I included it on DICE from JJP but regret it as it does impact gameplay. I will probably remove it in the future. Can't speak on protectors from other sources.

They do a great job though if protecting the playfield and keeping it like new is a high priority for you. I'm hoping the GNR playfield will hold up fine without it.

#1582 3 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

I was unconvinced, so I looked at the Wonka manual at the schematics for the Sound Amp board (the GnR manual seems to be in progress and doesn't have the Sound Amp PCB documented yet). As Vitty already pointed out, the schematics show the optional Aux Out jack is indeed supplied by a branch directly off the Audio In jack input. So it would seem a jack splitter would accomplish the same thing since the soundbar is powered separately anyway[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing that fuko. Thats what I wanted to check out as well. I checked my DICE manual but its different.

The sound bar does have an interface board for the speakers so it seems to make sense. I wonder how it was initially configured or if the sound bar was changed. Either way -- can't wait to hear it -- its pretty loud without it.

2 weeks later
#2093 3 years ago

I received a new plunger spring from JJP today. Appears they are shipping them out for the machines not addressed by the factory.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
8,400 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tonic67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-?tu=Tonic67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.