20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1545 TECH: Proper flipper adjustment out of the box Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1701 TECH:Diverter adjustment to prevent playfield damage Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1718 TECH:Suggestion for clearing phantom switch sensor hits Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1806 TECH: Make sure your speaker connector L/R aren't backwards Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #1824 TECH:Sticking launch gate fix Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1987 TECH:How to adjust slings that are dead or machine-gunning Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2081 TECH:Link to barrel spring to fix plunge power issues Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2099 TECH: How to sign up for and play using Scorbit on GnR Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Post #2460 TECH: Check your stock speaker bar for correct connections Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Phone call from my distributor, then confirmed from Jen and completely paid in full. Not sure my number but I don’t care. It’s a CE.

Nice...the only real question is when you'll get the game...I'm sure some will trickle into the market in Nov/Dec, but the balance probably won't be delivered until Q1 next year.

#380 3 years ago

All I know is the trim color on the LE looks really nice....

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No its not your wrong! lololol

ok...

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t believe your ok with it!!!!!

I really don't care....it looks good to me, and matches well with the cabinet artwork

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I hate that I’m back to this but okay, one last time, so let’s see if I can get thru:
Glad we now agree the original AFD cross is iconic...
Given the alternative is no cross at all, I’ll take the slightly modified version of the Iconic AFD Cross.
Just like the GnR Logo says “Pinball” on the ribbon, you’d be hard-pressed to find a fan who would prefer it were removed entirely due to the mod. Same concept with the AFD Cross. Most fans want this because, modified or not, it is reflecting the imagery of an iconic GnR piece of art.
Now the question is: do you prefer the modified cross or the brick?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I frankly could care less

#452 3 years ago

Anyone getting estimated ship dates?

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Has anybody on Pinside received a CE? LE? or SE?
100+ games were made ahead of time and presumably sold and shipped. JJP factory is chocked full of new games, so they must be flying out the doors. Where are they ???

Several people have been playing their LE's on Pinside . If you believe the numbers of 2500 LE and CE's ordered than its gonna be 6 months before they catch up at 60 games/week.....

1 week later
#475 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I just don't understand why JJP is still using Mirco after all these issues. They have had plenty of time to fix this but it seems like they are not concerned.

Aside from making play fields in house what are their options? I'm sure they've done the math and its much cheaper to outsource. It would be nice if JJP would directly address this issue, but it appears they will not. Seems like Mirco has major QC issues as play field quality is all over the map.

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

It's incredulous that I paid JJP $1000.00 deposit, and have sent numerous emails about my concerns with the playfield defects, and received no response. Secondly, Mirco will not even discuss or comment about the issues. Third, credit card company has agreed to refund the money if I need to.
Again, it's called accountability. Anyone wants to argue or downplay this defect, then contact Chase bank, and they will explain why this transaction will be refunded. I apologize for the rant, but I'm so tired of hearing from people that this is no big deal, I do not want large black washers on my playfield, and should not have to lower my expectations for a $9,500.00 commercial product. There should be a least a discount for this game with this defect, but it will never happen.

Its really kinda crazy that they don't respond in some fashion. Especially since this is the third title in a row with play field issues. My guess is that JJP is pretty fed up with Mirco, but really have no other options. Why don't u just get your refund, and wait and see if they fix their issues or just buy a nice HUO game that u can inspect prior to purchase. If I wasn't in on a CE thats thats the path I'd take.

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I'm trying to have JJP send the PF to him in advance of the build like Spooky does. I know it will add 13-15 weeks like the other PF's he is doing/has done for me, but it is super worth it. If not, I will buy an extra CE and send it to Ron. zaphx , if you end up doing the same, I'll have a double playfield Kruzman PF crate and we can send them both to Ron at the same time (cheaper option) and he can send them back in the same crate.

I love your passion for quality, but man it sucks we have to go down this path....especially for a $13K machine

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I honestly don't think it is JJPs fault. I think it is Mirco's fault. Mirco's PF have been fucked up from the beginning. I have had 5 PFs from him that were bad. He used to replace them but I don't think he will anymore. Mirco is the only game in town to get the PFs. My bitch about they are putting out games with the bad PFs instead of getting it taken care of before they put out a new game. They had issues with POTC. They will have to get it taken care of if they want to sell games.

Theres no doubt Mirco makes an inconsistent product as some of his play fields are great and others are terrible. However JJP takes ownership since its their product, and they are the ones who have to guarantee the warranty.

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What you said right there. They don't want to warranty their stuff.

bumper to bumper for 30 days

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Mirco is the supplier to JJP; JJP has to 'own' the product they sell and should force Mirco to make it right. I would have fired Mirco years ago. Inconsistent product with art, color, and clear-coating issues. JJP should take it in-house or find a sub that wants the job and will do it right.

My guess is JJP has thought of this already, and probably concluded they don't have many options unless they want to spend the capital to bring this in house. Mirco is probably the only player that has the capacity? If u eliminated these play field problems JJP's product line would be almost flawless from a quality perspective....Mirco hasn't done JJP any favors, and most of JJP's problems can be attributed directly to Mirco

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just heard from a reliable source that the CE’s will not be on the line til sometime in December.

Doesn't surprise me one bit....my guess is these recent play field problems have JJP/Mirco scrambling for solutions. The last thing JJP needs is to deliver a bunch of $13K machines that have play field problems. I'm happy to wait if this is actually addressed

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm really hoping to hear more stories like this in the coming weeks and months.

For every guy that drops out theres dozens in line to take his place....my hope is JJP gets their shit together before these ship. My guess is 500 great Mirco play fields is a big ask

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Maybe JJP is deliberately waiting to ship CEs so the playfields have proper cure time to avoid/diminish pooling?
I used to paint cars and clear coats sometimes keep settling over 6 months to a year (or longer).
Again no evidence of this, just takin a guess as it’s very odd CE owners not getting any priority here

My guess is the delays are caused by multiple things. The first is simply getting the parts to build the games. The second is trying to fix the play field issues. In the past JJP has had pretty slow CE sales due to the heavy price tag so I'm sure they were completely caught off guard. My guess is they have enough parts to maybe build 50 games, but need to order all the other parts. Just getting hundreds of play fields from Germany is probably 2-4 months. I think its gonna be a while before most of us CE owners get their games.

#563 3 years ago

What ever the solution is I hope they eliminate those UGLY ass black washers

1 week later
#605 3 years ago

Has anyone heard when their going to start building CE games? Its crazy that JJP has been silent on this issue for 6 weeks

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Got to play a CE at JJP. CE#1. Looks amazing up close. Hope you enjoy the pics. To answer the question, no they are not on the line yet.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow looks awesome.....now all we need to do is actually get the game

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

My distro sent a full amount to me, so I paid. I assumed since I had bothered him since April for this CE, he was able to secure one of the first off the line. At that time it was not known CE's would be built in 2073.

Wow that blows....I would ask for $11.5K back since these won't be done until next summer

4 weeks later
#712 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Any news as to when the CE’s might go on the line? I was hoping by tomorrow but maybe Monday. Also someone chime in if you know this answer. Do they ship weekly or daily? Just say they do 15 CE’s Monday and they are boxed and ready. Do they go out Monday or at the end of the week?

Until u see actual pics of CE's on the line I wouldn't believe anyone....as far as I know they haven't requested final payments so my guess is January sometime

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m not sure if that’s true. I’m a out of state buyer. Can a distributor chime in?

My guess is they are required to collect sales tax

#741 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not happening this year I was just told. Again the CE owners are left in the dust while the SE and LE owners enjoy their Christmas presents. So pissed right now.

I get why your irritated, but clearly u can't be surprised....my guess is you'll be lucky to get it by March 2021

#743 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Getting close to just selling my spot for 20k and moving on.

I hear ya .... I don't care for the delays, but whats really annoying is the lack of communication....JJP just doesn't care

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Not personal, but I wonder how everyone in this hobby thinks making a transition from New Jersey to Chicago, creating a whole new operation during covid and finding more and mostly all new employees while getting them up to speed when they have thousands of orders on their hands.... happens overnight?
Lets see this transition and where it's taking them because I am pretty confident they have where they want to be and it's probably close to where we want them to be!

None of this has anything to do with JJP communicating with its customers....its not that hard to provide an estimated delivery date yet they don't feel its necessary

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I agree it would be nice however it's not rocket science to figure out why they wont. Andrew Highway, Mr. two weeks comes to mind and I don't think advertising when they will be building and releasing RAZA was the smartest approach from Deeproot either, look how that's turned out for them?
have you picked up the phone and called the company? I doubt they will say anything however its worth a shot as I am in the same boat as you and my personality is like a kid on Christmas morning.... Impatient!

As a customer why should I have to pick up the phone and call them? I threw down hard cash....U can justify it all u want, but its total bullshit. What does Highway pinball have to do with bad business practices....communicating with your customers is probably the easiest thing about being a pinball manufacturer yet they feel its unnecessary

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I don’t mind waiting to ensure that the most expensive version of the game is also the most reliable with all the kinks worked out. However, I agree that communication is always nice and should be expected at this price point.

Sadly waiting months won't have anything to do with quality or reliability

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Confused by your statement? They (JJP) never to my knowledge made a ship/production commitment or promise so how do you assume it’s delayed? Seems they would need to establish a date to create a delay. Pinside tends to share secret rumors which unfortunately many use to manage expectations. Would so love to see these sitting under Xmas trees for all but not sure there was a commitment to do so Other then the continuous “I know a guy and it’s happening next week” BS. Lol.

I highly doubt u didn't get my point. I personally don't care about a specific delivery date, but its inexcusable not to provide an update to customers who have put down $ on their games.....All they need to say is "We are totally overwhelmed, and were looking for a new play field manufacturer so your CE order most likely won't be delivered until mid 2021"

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

That’s all anyone could ask for. Still working out playfield issues. Still waiting on the toppers to come in. But to keep making SE’s and LE’s and not one CE is frustrating. That’s all I’m saying. Plus I’m venting again. I also did call JJP today and asked was the CE’s on the line. I was told no. LE’s are. That’s what set me off.

My guess is they wouldn't provide u a date on when CE's would start?

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

Did they send u a pic of your game

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

No this is a old pic. Just trying to keep this dead thread alive.

I knew that The only thing we can discuss is why JJP refuses to communicate to its customer base.

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I would guess January early?

My guess is more like March....I suspect the shit hit the fan with the early play field issues and Mirco is working to resolve all the issues. From what I heard it takes JJP a month just to receive play fields. The last thing JJP needs is to charge $12.5K for a CE and have a bunch of play field mishaps.

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was hoping before Christmas but that did not happen. Now I’m hoping before the new year but no faith in that either. I’m sure you guys will be glad when I shut my mouth.

I think theres a good chance for NY 2021 .. that pic meant absolutely nothing...my guess is its the same game they used in the promo video...

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

emails just went out for the first of my customers. my first batch of ce's will be ready in 2-6 weeks.

I thought they built 50-60 games/week, which puts them in mid March (to be done with CE's)

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He’s one distributor of a global network. He’s simply quoting His customer order allotment not the companies time line.

Clearly, but is JJP providing distributors with information on when they will get their entire allotment? According to mine they have not committed to delivery timeframes.

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You should reach out to your direct distributor. Chris KingPinGames simply likes to share his customer updates on all platforms which is why he Always Earns my business/support.

I have and he said JJP isn't providing timelines, which is what I said earlier.

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

It is possible that not all distributors are in the office. Remember, yesterday was new years eve, today is new year's day, tomorrow is saturday, then Sunday....
Us smaller guys have to work a little harder than some of the big buys.
Give some of these other distributors until early next week to catch up from the holidays.
Regardless on where you are on in the queue, you're game will be arriving in the next run.

I appreciate the information. My distributor is great, and appears he's on top of things. He was just reluctant in providing a delivery window, which I understand.

1 week later
#1068 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have to agree. POTC was a Rare anomaly in pinball. Awesome game but the volume for all models was drastically low. With 5000 potential GnR LEs I suspect this game won’t garner those POTC rates.

wasn't there 800 LE's, 200 CE's, and 200 Standards?

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

1000 total. GnR sold more LE unit numbers on day 1 then the complete POTC run combined.

Gotcha...who knows what the market will bring, but my guess is the CE's will increase in value, and eventually the LE's will drop in value like most JJP LE's

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Bit early to lay that claim as nobody has played or seen a CE but time will tell.

Of course its too early.....

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

It’s herrrrrre!!![quoted image]

Nice....was the topper packed separately ?

#1112 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes no pooling but they use huge washers!! So that is the solution?
[quoted image]

Probably a preventive measure.....play field looks pristine

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

But with those washers on it you can not see what is happing below there. I can understand they provide them as addition, but if the playfield issues are solved, you could decide yourself if you want them up there.

In my experience washers won't hide pooling. If the clear is soft it eventually pools around the washers as well.

#1143 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Both pieces of the topper (speaker + acrylic) are packed inside that cardboard box attached to the top of the folded down head. The same way wonka CE was packed if you are familiar.

37x38x61 give or take an inch where the pallet is a few inches wider than the box

Thanks....yep very familiar

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Anyone considering purple titans instead of red for their CE flippers?

Anything, but JJP's stock flipper rubbers....they are terrible

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Just got confirmation from my distrib - Joe pinballstar (he's the best) that JJP forgot to include the power and audio cable for the soundbar in the first batch that shipped. They are on their way out to people whos games left without them and will be included going forward.

Growing pains...did the instructions call out a power and audio cable?

#1208 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Prior video was showing errors on YouTube so here is a Vimeo version
https://vimeo.com/499830126

Pretty incredible

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I knew this would happen. 2 for sale and 1 trade so far. The CE wanted ad guys should have no problem getting one unless they want to only pay 12,500.

u know thats the case....most of these guys have no interest in paying a premium. Their probably guys who missed out and are hoping for someone who just wants out.

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

No active lights on the BACKBOX?!? WTF that was supposed to be a CE Feature.

They wouldn't have installed in the game if they didnt intend to use them...my guess is theres a lot of code updates in the future

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok guys. As these beautiful CE’s roll out, what should be on the order list? Things you need and mods you have to have.
1. Titan Rubbers
2. Better pinballs
?

Have people had issues with JJP pinballs? I haven't experienced that.....I will say their flipper rubbers are crap, and the first thing I do is change those.

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes. It’s like condensation has got to them or something.

hmmm....I haven't noticed any issues with the balls...just the crappy $.10 rubbers they use...u would think JJP's typical attention to detail they would splurge a $1.00 on decent rubbers.

#1322 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So much for those who said the CE’s won’t sell for 20k.
[quoted image]

I'm a little surprised by the sales price, but I know the seller and its confirmed.

#1332 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

JJP is already aware and correcting the problem

More growing pains....its great to be one of the first to get the game, but it can also be a little frustrating....happy their addressing the issue and hopefully in the future games leave the factory with these things addressed.

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

the topper lights up, but the soundbar does not work. You still have plenty of volume from the speakers. They sent a couple cables, but they are not the correct ones. another cable coming.

Its crazy to me that they not only forgot to include cables, but then sent u the wrong ones. Has anyone ever seen a video with the topper actually working as designed? to my knowledge I've never seen JJP provide a video of it actually working

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That would be the way to do it. However, it's not worth $1000 to me.

I doubt he was serious, but u never know in this hobby

#1402 3 years ago

sure would be nice to see the topper working as designed

#1427 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Not arguing with you, simple statement of fact. New factory, all new people. Add to that that virtually everybody not on the production line is working from home right now so a small group is in the factory building and this is a result. Nobody loves JJP more than I do and everybody knows I’ve been there forever and of course I’m biased so take anything I say with that in mind. Upper management decided to move the factory so realistically the clock was reset like in Pacific Rim.

Wow i'm surprised the engineers and other support people aren't supervising CE production. I actually thought JJP tested these games before they went out. I guess I was wrong.

#1429 3 years ago

What a joke...

#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Understand that the CE line just began recently, and the toppers are boxed items not tested as part of the main game assembly.
I think we can put away the pitchforks on this one. JJP will make everyone whole on it.

No pitch forks just surprised they don't test everything prior to shipping. Especially the first ones off the line.

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do you think they test the legs and other Non produced parts with each game??? Seriously, a Very minor deal not worth over thinking. I am sure they feel bad. And as for the line, when I was there on Thursday guess who was at the Front of the assembly line with a mask on working? ERIC. Stuff happens especially when outside speaker type products are kitted with a product.

I wasn't trying to be a dick about it, but your leg comment is fucking stupid....

#1590 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

OUCH. Just watched an unboxing of an CE on stream of Warlock 'n roll pinball and they found out on stream that their cabinet was cracked in several places when setting the game up. A shipping nightmare and worst case scenario when unboxing a brand new machine. I feel so sorry for those guys. Going from a high to rockbottom.

wow that sucks... clearly it was dropped during shipping. It will be interesting to see what happens since they accepted the game. Its probably lucky they had it all on video.

#1591 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsepe:

Hey guys can someone look at their upper cab and see if I am missing something sort of like a finisher plastic for the cab, my dialed in has it but my GnR does not. I was told to create my own ticket for cables to get my soundbar topper to work.
So I may as well ask for everything else I believe is owed.[quoted image][quoted image]

My Wonka is like the GNR

#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

https://www.shippinglabels.com/tip-n-tell-video

Anytime I accept a delivery I sign it "STI". No driver ever questioned it and I was advised by someone in the shipping business to do this as STI stands for "Subject To Inspection". The person that advised me of this said by signing STI it allows you to go back on the shipping company for any damages that were not seen upon receipt of the item. Luckily I have never had an issue with a delivery so I don't know if this is true or not but at a minimum one can say that I'd actually sign for it.

That makes sense, but legally does it really help?.....it took those 5 guys an hour before they actually saw the damage. I'm wondering if any knows the recourse? It would be great if a distributor could respond as I believe he/she is the one who coordinates shipping the game from JJP.

#1635 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I would say the (GNR CE) is $15,500 to $18,500 easy today (01-20-21)” New in box”.
500 made probably only 250 or less in USA.
1 year from now NIB GNR CE $18,500-$25,000 easy.
This is NIB only .
“Played used pins” would depend on buyer/seller and conditions. I would guess $15,000 to $20,000 depending on who what where and when.

I think your pretty close....I really don't get the fascination with NIB games? The excitement wears off in about 10 minutes, and yes I've bought dozens. I would much rather inspect and play the game prior to buying.

#1683 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

#54 is here, will unbox this afternoon!
[quoted image]

Awesome....well the tip n tell looks good

#1694 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those do exist![quoted image]

I think that Shockwatch makes way more sense than the tip n tell....my guess is that would get activated far more frequently than the tip n tell

#1696 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You would think that until your game is shipped on its side glass down. Bottom line there is no magic tool to safeguard against shipping mishaps. JJP could put these in a Vault and shipping would find some way to Houdini it into the bottom of an ocean. If we see dozens of issues maybe reconsider but for now with 1 long range ship issue I think this can be chalked up as an oops by the trucker.

I hear ya, but these games come off and on trucks many times so the likelihood of them dropping it hard on the ground is much higher than actually tipping it over (since its on the pallet). That being said why don't they use both? Seems like a good use of a few bucks, and eliminates lot of consumer hassle.

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No shit that’s hilarious I was just kidding!

surprised they don't put those on all boxes....maybe if the fork lift drivers saw those they would be more careful

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm telling you - $15k JJP Super CE release once JJP catches up with LE production. $8k over retail CE resales is $4 million bucks across 500 units. They're gonna want come back and get a piece of that goodwill by moving it to something they sell rather than the resale market.
Limiting the CEs to 500 was a huge mistake, especially when they supposedly only allocated half that to the US. That's FIVE per state. 5. Per. STATE.

I highly doubt JJP would undercut their current CE owners by offering a revised/upgraded CE....I'm sure it would sell, but they would piss off a lot of people

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a middle ground where JJP could make it work so new owners locked out of CEs are happy and existing CE owners are happy, and I'm sure there's already substantial thought trying to find the package that makes sense for both sides of that scenario.

I doubt theres a reasonable middle ground. My guess is they'll just keep building LE's until demand stops

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've done TONS of variant products for collectors over the years and I'm telling you, from experience, there is a middle ground where almost everyone is happy and JJP makes more money by filling that massive unmet demand with a Super CE. If they can't figure it out, I'd be happy to lay out some scenarios that will absolutely work.

If they really want to fill demand than build more POTC LE and CE's .... I don't see any other CE version happening ...although we can theorize all day long

#1731 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a bigger hill to climb because of depletion of the parts to make it. They have all the common parts for the GnR LEs. It's fairly trivial (relative to PotC) to jump from that to a Super CE.

I agree on POTC, but the $ and demand is there. GNR will Never happen....if they were gonna do that they should have done it at launch otherwise it would negatively affect all future CE builds....

#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Lior is working on a shooter rod at the moment.

I'm sure it will look nice, but all he did was generally copy someone else's lock down bar emblem and skull designs.

#1842 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Not sure if anyone else is having an issue on ball launches. Around 1-2 times in 10 I would get a ball that after launch, would duck under the "one-way" gate and come all the way back down the shooter lane. I finally had a moment to shoot a slow mo video of it.
Turns out it was hitting the gate hard enough to then bounce off, and after bouncing off, the gate flap would pop up and allow the now falling ball to duck under it.
Solve for me was quick and easy. Installed two #10 washers UNDER the one way flap mech AND .. this is important I turned the one-way gate flap counter clockwise in the mount to present as much angle to the ball as possible - right nut pushed upward and left nut pulled downward. There is a bit of play in the mounting holes so you can do that.
I have had ONE reject now is about 75 launches. Again YMMV

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

great information....did you inform JJP of this issue?

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Has anyone opened up a ticket to let JJP know about this so hopefully they can correct this issue on future builds.

I hope so....theres been several small little tweaks that can be easily resolved at the factory

#1884 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

I don't think sequentially. I had emailed and requested #210.

Oh I didn't see those listed in the change log. Does anyone have some examples of CE-only callouts?

I can submit it by EOD if nobody has done so yet.

We'll if their sequentially than I would have mine as I'm #211 They are not....the numbering is totally random

#1918 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Is anyone missing their plaque for your CE? I was told mine was on back order.

Yep.....along with my game

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Nope. No envelope. Ken said it was on back order.

I heard the same thing from my distributor

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Same. I haven't had to tweak much since unboxing day!
I made the washer adjustment to the shooter lane gate, and I'll change the exterior shooter spring when it arrives.

I'm a little confused about the spring issue. Is this an anomaly or is this happening on all games? If so hopefully the factory addresses the concern.

#1974 3 years ago

If you need the spring we can send it as Derek said.

I was just wondering if the stock spring doesn't work or if it needs replacing?

#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you need it, you'll know when you can't clear the gate. I was able to get a -little- improvement by changing to a different shooter tip that had a little bit taller "dome" but all the finesse of the skill shot is still in the last 1/4 inch of shooter travel for me.
I fully expect the spring to fix it. I ordered it from Marco and it was supposed to land yesterday but USPS decided just to skip my street for some reason.

OK thanks

#1981 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You will need a new spring unless they ordered a bunch and it’s in your hand. It’s so inexpensive just order a .75 inch spring. Done!

The issue isn't the cost of the spring. I'm wondering why they haven't fixed it at the factory?

#2002 3 years ago

They have but games that were boxed prior to the new ones arriving don’t have it. This all happened in the last few days.

Gotcha....thanks ....my game hasn't shipped yet so hopefully this is addressed. I was just wondering if I should put this on my list of things to purchase prior to game arrival.

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Thank you all taken care of. Warned you in advance that I was missing something...solution so good that it may go down in history as the dumbest pinball tech question ever!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Nah....to my knowledge these magnetic cards are new (and great idea), and we've been trained to install the way u attempted.

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

OMG yes. I love it. Played til 3am Saturday night. Not bad for a old man.

Wow .... thats impressive...

#2071 3 years ago

Lets hope JJP makes modifications to their topper install procedure. I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like it needs some work

#2076 3 years ago

Many people have had minor game "tweaks" they needed to perform, which is pretty standard in our hobby. My question is whether JJP is aware of these issues i.e. Diverter adjustment, shooter rod spring, slash hat being being level, topper install procedures, etc....all these are very minor, but it would be nice if JJP communicated to its customers that they've addressed these issues on new games.

#2084 3 years ago

Maybe somebody should pin a list for newbies to check before playing?

I always go through my games before playing, but the point is has JJP addressed these issues during manufacturing? A perfect example is the new shooter spring. Someone on this thread mentioned JJP has ordered new springs...is this true? Did JJP communicate that somewhere?

#2091 3 years ago

JJP has ordered new springs which are now being used in production.

Thanks

#2109 3 years ago

So based on 243 we’re halfway through the CEs getting delivered? They started the line at beginning of January so another month maybe to clear out CEs and get back to SE/LE maybe?

Nope....I'm #211 and my game hasn't even shipped nor have I been notified that its about to ship....my distributor requested final payment the first week of January

#2112 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

The topper instructions were written by a 2 year old. They are terrible; the manual online is a bit better.

With all the topper install problems lets hope JJP has made changes for future games....I think they got rid of the guy who wrote all their past manuals (which were great) so apparently it shows.

#2132 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Unless you Know specific details, sometimes its not always the Companies decision to let someone go it may be another reason.

Unless he quit, which he claims he did not than its almost always a "company" decision .... cost cutting, location, $, who knows?

#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:Anyone experiencing further delay in getting their CE shipped? from weather or hear about slow down in CE production?

I haven't heard anything although JJP is terrible at communicating to its customers

#2148 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

My distributor requested final payment on December 29. I made the payment and have heard nothing since. I sure wish I had that money in the market right now...

No doubt....Mine requested final payment the first week in January, and all I've heard is their continuing to build CE's, and mine will ship at some point (I was told between now and end of February)....I'm not in any big hurry, but I never understand why final payment is due, and no delivery date is provided.

#2175 3 years ago

I just got word mine shipped....should have it in a week....

Quoted from Vitty:

Got my powdercoated coin door and speaker grills back from robertstone0407
Love the look. The speaker grills are a nice subtle touch.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great....what was the turn around time?

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Usually a couple weeks give or take.

Cool thanks

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

What comes to mind is wedging yourself between your machines for some minor servicing

Ha that seems to happen all the time at my place....

#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious, from every post you were So excited to get in on the order and arrival Yet you already have it listed for sale?

Not selling it outright....Still may keep it, but if I can get a GNR LE and another game I want then I may trade it....CE package is much more desirable (in my mind), but the LE package is still really nice. Either way it works for me as I'm not married to any of my games.

#2258 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Don't take this personally but this is the reason why Toy Story's gonna be 15- $18000 for a CE with all these CE buyers selling their games

Doesn't offend me at all...In my mind these prices are getting ridiculous.....I might be selling my second POTC as well....its a fun game, but zero chance I'd pay even close to $20K for a POTC LE. If JJP prices their Toy Story at $15K it will sell like all their other CE's (not very fast)

#2350 3 years ago

Game #211 showed up yesterday. Everything was great out of the box. The only thing I had to do was reseat all the cables for the monitor as it didn't work on first power up. I hooked up the topper, but not sure its working correctly (instructions suck, and I'm not sure the cables are connected right as their not labeled anywhere)? I will say the game is incredible, and the attention to detail in second to none.

#2383 3 years ago

I have to admit I was a little skeptical of the soft plunge on GNR, but after playing a dozen or so games I really like it. Its very well thought out, and different from all my other pins, which in my mind is a good thing

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It makes going back to WOZ/POTC/Wonka feel really weird!

Its a nice change of pace. Those new switches in the game are a really nice touch

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

How do you become aware that it needs calibration?
I haven't calibrated mine yet (got it on Monday) and I am wondering how to know if the switches aren't functioning properly.

Its a good question....how do you really know? I just got mine and they seem to be working fine?....Hmmmm

#2402 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

so is the topper speaker JJP custom?

My guess is it not, but possibly the mounting bracket is custom

#2496 3 years ago

Serial Number 201 arrived 10 days ago

#2542 3 years ago

Has anyone done anything to improve the back box lighting? For such a beautiful back glass its really poorly lite

#2544 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Lermods sells a kit for JJP. I went with warm white

Thanks ... is everything included in the package? Do I need a splitter?

#2547 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The light kit has all you need. I have it on my GNRCE.
They sell hundreds if not thousands of these. Lermods is active on Pinside and will answer any questions you have.
They are great to work with, sell a good product and offer excellent customer service.
Buy with confidence.

Great thanks...did you purchase the warm white as well?

#2549 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I went with the cool white. I think it looks great. I think Warm would also look great. Also the color changing option is probably bound to have a setting that you enjoy.
The light kit comes with a brightness adjuster. Unless the lights are 100% bright they cause an annoying whine through the speakers.
I am happy with the lights full bright so not an issue for me. But I mention this cause people should know.

ok I appreciate the information....I just ordered the kit

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is the noise coming through the speakers in the backbox or the soundbar? If the soundbar, do you have a Noise Isolator installed?

Is the Noise Isolator something JJP provided or is this an after market product?

#2565 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Aftermarket: amazon.com link »

Thanks....

#2569 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I just got my CE delivered today. What are you guys finding is the sweet spot for the playfield pitch for this game? (I apologize in advance if this has been answered elsewhere.) Thanks!

I have mine at 6.8 degrees and it seems to play well.

#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you're a by-the-book guy (I am):[quoted image]

Just FYI my bubble wasn't very accurate so I always use a digital level

#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

CE is now, rightfully, in the #1 spot with an average rating of 9.404. There are 25 ratings and 21 that appear with comments. The average of those 21 is 9.885. That means the four without comments average 6.88. Maybe three are in the low 9s and someone gave it a zero. While I am surely biased, it would seem hard to believe four legitimate ratings could warrant a 6.88 average, and the lack of comments in those ratings does nothing to support them being genuine. Is there is a way to view no-comment ratings and to flag those which appear bogus?

Those are Stern fan boys

#2598 3 years ago

Update is really quick (WiFi is awesome). The only issue I had was my game never booted back up. I had to cycle power

#2603 3 years ago

It would be nice on startup if the game did a software upgrade check and then give you the option to install or not .... is this an option in settings?

#2611 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Don’t update code to 1.16, it has some big bugs. Keefer is aware and said they will be coming out with a 1.17 soon to address the bugs. It’s kind of unplayable with 1.16 as you lose a ball whenever you collect a song jackpot!

That blows .... I just upgraded

#2614 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I hope that nothing happens to you Ptown

Thanks...I haven't played the game since I uploaded the new code....sounds like I need to hold off anyways

#2629 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The mods look great but I can’t pay that price.

Some of the stuff he makes is nice, but not a fan of this mod (nor the price)

#2636 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone have the old code handy? Full install?
Would love to go back as the game is not really playable with 1.16 .... ugh

I'm right there with ya....its unfortunate...hopefully they'll resolve this soon

#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Hi all - I saw a post that you had 7 days to register with JJP. Can anyone speak to this? 7 days from when? What if you bought the machine from someone other than JJP? Thanks in advance!
Tom

Its a good question. I had a problem with their online registration form so I just submitted a support ticket.

#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Note that i still needed the ground loop noise filter (also in series) to get rid of the soundbar noise.

Great idea...how exactly did you connect? is it pretty self explanatory ?

#2693 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Stern pissed off Fanboys. I love it that they are pissed at this masterpiece.

No doubt...is there a way to see all the ratings? I can see comments, but it would be interesting to see the ratings from people who probably haven't even played the game let alone seen an CE....theres only about 250 in the wild at the moment

1 week later
#2801 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:I am surprised JJP went this route, I like the odd multiball to enhance play, but I am not sure I like it as the main event.

The good news is selling your CE will be relatively easy

#2807 3 years ago

I just updated to the new code....everything seemed to work fine via WiFi, but when it was finished updating the code installed on the game was 1.16 and not 1.18

#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Same happen to me.
That’s why I went the usb way.
It worked perfect and is super easy to do.[quoted image]

Interesting....Why would the USB be different than WiFi? Seems like another bug JJP needs to resolve

#2816 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It sounds like this fixes it. From the 1.18 change log:
* fixed bug that caused games on v01.15, v01.16, and v01.17 to not be able
to update over wifi. owners with games on these versions can download the
USB update from our website to get these games to update

I work off a Mac and its always been a pain in the ass to upgrade via USB.....

#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

well there's your problem ....working with a Mac

is what it is

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Why so many who bought This CE edition Bought it just to Profit from it? Had a feeling?Speculation?
So many of these CE are for sale soon as they hit Their destination.
So most did not buy to Own and play it rather only Profit from it.
this hobby has been ruined by Speculation Buying now . So with prices climbing for a box of circuits and Wood that back in the day cost a few thousand to produce and still only cost thousands to produce the Sale price of a stern pro is 5900 .lol for basically a home pin with a coin door .
And JJP games which are very much so a better grade of parts IMHO is 7k ish for a standard and way Over the top on CE will not go away due to this new norm of Throwing Top dollar Money and hope you get the next TRON Le so to speak .
I own the CE of Gnr Luckily after countless Threats of not getting it even after i paid full price in December right after the announcement it has me worried for future titles i may want .
If i did lose out and then see all these come up for sale at Gouged pricing to the people who were picked just flip them is just Bull Sheet Man..
Distro's Should take a look at the For sale archived ads and see how many of the Customers they sold to just flipped the game at a profit .
.And if said game is Sold out in a few hours of announcement ,these people should get shafted if the game over sells because of a pattern of Flipping for profit .
I lost out on a Met Roadcase to a bunch of profit flippers after i thought i had mine secured . Then Was taken from me and settled on a roadcase which i still have yet the title i wanted (master of pupets le)went to a Profit flipper instead . \
Pissed off and for good reason . Greed /
The game of pinball turned into a Stock market game instead .
Rant over . and have a nice day

I think stating that "most" bought it to flip isn't accurate. Although clearly some purchased with ZERO intention of ever playing....pinball prices are stupid these days....Look at the price of POTC? $20K for an LE is just stupid, and I own one

#2857 3 years ago

Just tried updating my GNR via WiFi from 1.16 to 1.19....everything seemed to work fine, but when the game rebooted it was still on 1.16.....

#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to click your heels three times while it's updating. It's a JJP WoZ callback.

Apparently...WiFi seemed to download just fine, but the code didn't update....frustrating

#2863 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I think Keefer said that you need to do it via USB unless you updated to 1.18 already. This fixes an issue with WIFI updates

Download instructions didnt say that on 1.19....maybe I missed that part ?

#2874 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

1.12 to 1.19 no problem at all, Wi-Fi worked perfectly, took me 7-10 minutes total ...
now I’ll be here playing till 3 - 4am give or take

You were smart and held off upgrading from 1.12 to 1.16....mine is stuck on 1.16 until I can figure out this USB mess....I've tried two sticks and both failed

#2881 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

FWIW I tried a Sandisk 16GB and a PNY 8GB USB stick and neither worked for the delta a few times. However, I did the full ISO using the PNY and it worked great the first time. It took about 15 min and I was able to restore my settings right after.

I’m sure you already did this but I was an idiot and didn’t realize I had to accept the terms and conditions again before all the WiFi options appeared. When I went to the WiFi menu, there were no options and I thought that was what people meant by the “WiFi was broken.”

Thank you.....I'll buy both of those today and give it a try....I only had 32 GB sticks and both of those failed.

2 months later
#3255 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Same Gold here.
After all the comments in the past days about those cracks/pooling, today I checked mine in detail and still "None", nothing here at all, my PF is literally mint, I have 1,751 games played(and with 5 balls all of them) and "0" issues……..It is a Lottery I guess.
Obviously I hope that nothing happens, but this game stays no matter what, this is for me and my family simply Gold.

Mine is the same (luckily), however i have less than 100 games

#3290 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You were offered a refund because JJP communicated with their distributors and told them this. FULL REFUNDS if you want. They know the people who have CE’s aren’t going to do this. Good way for them to get out of this jam they are in.

They didn't communicate this to my distributor....I don't have any issues, but I did ask

4 weeks later
#3312 2 years ago
Quoted from HeyZeusss666:

Installed a couple of mods today! After half an hour my flippers would get soggy, now they play perfectly for hours. I am very happy with the fans. Easy plug and play install for all the mods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like that rose shooter! I have the Loir bullet shooter, but I like yours better

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.