20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1545 TECH: Proper flipper adjustment out of the box Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1701 TECH:Diverter adjustment to prevent playfield damage Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1718 TECH:Suggestion for clearing phantom switch sensor hits Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1806 TECH: Make sure your speaker connector L/R aren't backwards Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #1824 TECH:Sticking launch gate fix Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1987 TECH:How to adjust slings that are dead or machine-gunning Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2081 TECH:Link to barrel spring to fix plunge power issues Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2099 TECH: How to sign up for and play using Scorbit on GnR Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Post #2460 TECH: Check your stock speaker bar for correct connections Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Navystan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#349 3 years ago

I'm in for a CE. At least I have been promised. Won't seem real until I hear it shipping to me. I originally was going to get an LE, but told a lot of friends I would not get a CE unless it was far different than an LE, even hoping there might be a "mechanical" difference. Well, we know now there are quite a few differences, even a better than normal topper by JJP standards.

Only have 4-5 pin space. Just sold my Houdini, so all I have now is a rare HUO F2K, NIB WoZ RR (due in this Monday), DILE, and the GnR CE when it arrives in November/December. That leaves me room for the next JJP pin, which I'm hoping is TS.

I'm not a "over the top" GnR fan, but I am a fan of JJP quality and this pin is off the charts in many categories. To me, it's like "Guitar Hero" meets pin.

I'm really looking forward to getting the pin.

#451 3 years ago

CE # 201 checking in! I guess that makes if official. Paid my deposit and got my CE #

1 week later
#465 3 years ago

Another thread going on for production dates. Bottom line, JJP is not directly responding. It's like, "we cannot confirm or deny projected productions dates." Even more so for CEs. Unless I missed it, there is no mention of when the first CE's will be on the production line.

#466 3 years ago

On a positive note, I would rather wait 2 or 3 more months if it ensures quality assurance. Iron out all the initial run issues that always seem to happen with just about every pinball company.

1 week later
#511 3 years ago

I might get a playfield protector, from who else? Mirco. Ironic, huh? Reminds me when I bought a Kia and the salesman said, "best warranty in the business!" Then, when I go to finance guy to sign the contracts, and he asks me if I want extended warranty. "Well, yes, we have a great warranty, but everyone knows, things will break!"

2 months later
#909 3 years ago

I got the call/email (distributor, not JJP) and paid my balance. Was also told to expect delivery in 2-6 weeks.

3 weeks later
#1913 3 years ago

#201 arriving this Friday.

#1982 3 years ago

Bummer. Game was suppose to arrive today. Now, not till mid week next week.

#2163 3 years ago

Got my CE #201 yesterday. Was suppose to arrive last Friday. But, weather held it up. Has a few tears on the box. Will be opening tomorrow, hoping all is well.

IMG_1769 (resized).jpegIMG_1769 (resized).jpegIMG_1771 (resized).jpegIMG_1771 (resized).jpegIMG_1772 (resized).jpegIMG_1772 (resized).jpegIMG_1773 (resized).jpegIMG_1773 (resized).jpeg
#2178 3 years ago

OK, #201 is good to go. All good out of the box. Just one question. Compared to my other JJP pins, the bass sounds almost non-existent. Is there an adjustment? I do have a Pinnovator external sub and Polk sub. I assume that will take care of the lack of bass?

IMG_1823 (resized).jpegIMG_1823 (resized).jpeg
#2184 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Just got my CE hooked up today. Wow!!! I have a Polk sub hooked up. I first did a 3.5 stereo plug splitter to RCA to the sub. Barley any base before and after the filter. Switch over to speaker wire hooked to in cabinet speaker and worked like it should. Don’t know why and don’t care sounds amazing! For the record here is my speaker wire into the sub.
[quoted image]

I have the same sub. So, if I understand correctly, there is an RCA connector inside pin to connect to?

Thanks.

#2192 3 years ago

Couple of changes made. For more bass, I had a spare Pinnovator PINsub. I connected the taps to small pieces of wire and then connected to the extra terminals already on the bass cabinet speaker. I did a temporary connection, but now that I know it works, will solder.

Here's a video of a Polk speaker connected. Now, plenty of bass.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0zVFGf72qgSSWoX4OCMZesplA#GNRCEBass

IMG_1851 (resized).jpegIMG_1851 (resized).jpegIMG_1852 (resized).jpegIMG_1852 (resized).jpeg
#2193 3 years ago

I think someone posted this. During one game, screen went black/blank. I restarted game and back to normal. Some connection loose?

#2195 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you happen to change the clock setting on the game? I've seen this on other JJPs after setting the clock, then never again.

No, but I did do a bunch of system setting changes (reduce shaker to "low" set up WIFI).

#2221 3 years ago

My notes and impressions after playing about 20-30 games:

- "Curbside appeal" is just stunning when you first walk up to the pin.
- As everyone has said, there is no comparison of the use of lights to any other pin. I have a WoZ which has great use of lights, but GnR is at an entire whole new level. I really like how they have unique use of lights for each song.
- Probably should be required reading for all CE owners. But, I went through entire CE thread so I didn't ask same questions everyone else asked. I bookmarked all the recommended tweaks and changes everyone mentioned.
- I ordered the CE sight unseen like everyone else. I had a lot of faith in JJP pins even though I was not a die hard GnR fan. Gameplay is more important and I was willing to take the risk. Well, the game hasn't disappointed me. I like it more than I thought I would.
- I think the game needs a better bass sound setup, whether that's a kit or installing external sub. I went the external sub route. Sounds solid, but as is, I found WoZ more balanced overall out of the box, then GnR.
- I like the soft plunge skill shot. I think it's a cool innovation and is really integrated into the game rules.

Hopes/recommendations:
- Variable shaker adjustment with code updates if that's possible. For those with WoZ, the shaker is soft and subtle, not just on or off. With current version of GnR, even if you reduce to "low" when it does activate it shakes pretty harsh.
- Multi-ball code changes. I'm not sure why we need to have 6 balls all going at once. I thought dialed in was very balanced. 2 or 3 balls at one time was the perfect balance I thought and only in rare cases you had all balls.
- Would be cool if there were built-in instructions via the big screen, even for the basic overview.

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

My notes and impressions after playing about 20-30 games:
- "Curbside appeal" is just stunning when you first walk up to the pin.
- As everyone has said, there is no comparison of the use of lights to any other pin. I have a WoZ which has great use of lights, but GnR is at an entire whole new level. I really like how they have unique use of lights for each song.
- Probably should be required reading for all CE owners. But, I went through entire CE thread so I didn't ask same questions everyone else asked. I bookmarked all the recommended tweaks and changes everyone mentioned.
- I ordered the CE sight unseen like everyone else. I had a lot of faith in JJP pins even though I was not a die hard GnR fan. Gameplay is more important and I was willing to take the risk. Well, the game hasn't disappointed me. I like it more than I thought I would.
- I think the game needs a better bass sound setup, whether that's a kit or installing external sub. I went the external sub route. Sounds solid, but as is, I found WoZ more balanced overall out of the box, then GnR.
- I like the soft plunge skill shot. I think it's a cool innovation and is really integrated into the game rules.
Hopes/recommendations:
- Variable shaker adjustment with code updates if that's possible. For those with WoZ, the shaker is soft and subtle, not just on or off. With current version of GnR, even if you reduce to "low" when it does activate it shakes pretty harsh.
- Multi-ball code changes. I'm not sure why we need to have 6 balls all going at once. I thought dialed in was very balanced. 2 or 3 balls at one time was the perfect balance I thought and only in rare cases you had all balls.
- Would be cool if there were built-in instructions via the big screen, even for the basic overview.

#2229 3 years ago

Well, after 30 or so games, had to some some minor repairs. Like many, my spinning disc sank. The plastic nut came loose and needed tightening. I just hand tightened. See picture. The front edge seems to have larger gap. Is that normal or can the disc be adjusted to have even spacing around the playfield hole?

Second issue. The right flipper gave out and sure enough, the coil stop bracket completely fell off. I guess they forgot to tighten down. Quick fix.

Last issue. I'm hearing a strong coil hum near the flippers, like the hold flipper power. I didn't hear it when I first got the game, but now I'm hearing it go for a few seconds and then finally stop. Any ideas what to check?

Thanks.

IMG_1863 (resized).jpegIMG_1863 (resized).jpegIMG_1864 (resized).jpegIMG_1864 (resized).jpegIMG_1865 (resized).jpegIMG_1865 (resized).jpegIMG_1866 (resized).jpegIMG_1866 (resized).jpeg
#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

Regarding the harshness of the shaker, I found several things that helped with that:
- Remove the white cover of the shaker. Grab the assembly to ensure it is solidly attached and doesn't have any play. Specifically on mine, the tensioner had to be tightened.
- Double check all of your flipper stops to make sure they are bolted tightly. Check all assemblies under the playfield to make sure they are tight.
- Anti-rattle tape on the glass helped with mine. The glass doesn't seem to be as tight compared to my WoZ.
After all of those things, I moved from Low to Med (factory setting) shaker strength and it sounds and feels good.

Ha, see my post above. One of the coil stops sure enough came off. I guess I need to check them all as you say.

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Tighten everything up on the flipper plate and then tighten the 8 screws holding the plate to the playfield. That hum is usually vibration from something being very slightly loose.

Thanks. I should know better to do the once over on a new pin.

#2281 3 years ago

So, yesterday, a couple of notes:

1. Installed the simple noise isolater for sound bar. No more hiss.
2. Looked under playfield to ensure all major brackets are tight. All looked good. Just had the one flipper stop come off and had to adjust the spinning disc, like many others have done.
3. Forgot to check the shaker to see if everything is tight. Still don' like how the shaker doesn't have the same overall "feel" like WoZ. Will see if tightening things up in the shaker helps.
4. I'm still hearing a faint hum near the flippers for a few seconds. It doesn't happen specifically when the flippers are in use, so not sure where the sound is emanating from. Any ideas on what to check?
5. While playing a game, I had what looked like a special mode start up. I think it was called, "Do you want to play?" mode. Very cool. It looked like pin was resetting or rebooting and then it went into this special mode. Anyone else see it?

#2311 3 years ago

Call me crazy....had a chance for a straight up trade for a JJP POTC LE loaded. But, I'm just having too much fun with the "Game of the Year." Plus, gosh, that CE is just plain nice to look at.

#2313 3 years ago

Game question. See pic. I thought that when you get all the players to light up song they turn green as they qualify. But, as you can see in the picture, there are individual colors for each band member. Is this right?

IMG_1910 (resized).jpegIMG_1910 (resized).jpeg
#2358 3 years ago

Hey CE Team. If you haven't done so yet, I recommend you rate the GnR CE pin on the Pinside Top 100 list. The LE model is now rated #3 and we know the CE is far better. But, it looks like only 10 or so people have rated their CE.

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I’m grateful to know that tomorrow I will receive my Collector’s, however I must be honest and crystal that perfectly the Limited Edition is one of the most beautiful games ever produced ... (if it is not already and definitely the most beautiful produced until today), I insist on this because when I saw the LE it caused me totally a Wow Factor, that art is exotic, unique, it is a work of art, it’s a masterpiece.
I just want to add that the Coma Lock must have been part of all GNR 3 games.

I agree about the LE cabinet art. For my rating of the CE, the only area I rated lower than a perfect score was the cabinet art. I agree with you that the cabinet art on the LE is "better" than the "CE." Like you and many others, I like the "poster" art vs. the general art design on the CE. Still, my overall rating for the CE was well over 9.9.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Navystan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-?tu=Navystan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.