20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1545 TECH: Proper flipper adjustment out of the box Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1701 TECH:Diverter adjustment to prevent playfield damage Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1718 TECH:Suggestion for clearing phantom switch sensor hits Posted by Vitty (3 years ago)

Post #1806 TECH: Make sure your speaker connector L/R aren't backwards Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #1824 TECH:Sticking launch gate fix Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #1987 TECH:How to adjust slings that are dead or machine-gunning Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2081 TECH:Link to barrel spring to fix plunge power issues Posted by zaphX (3 years ago)

Post #2099 TECH: How to sign up for and play using Scorbit on GnR Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Post #2460 TECH: Check your stock speaker bar for correct connections Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chetrico.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1524 3 years ago

Has anyone else had issues with Coma lock? It worked first game out of the box but hasn't since. I ran a coil test and it tries to open but doesn't. Test report says "Check matrixed switch #79, Coma Lockup (stuck closed)". Pulled glass and it moves freely. Not sure what to check next. BTW, this machine is absolutely insane!!! It's a 10 for me! Only issues so far are; wrong cables for topper and stuck Coma lock. Also, occasionally the ball likes to run on the outside of the drum sticks against the cabinet but easy fix.

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Mine had that error brand new right out of the box, BUT the coma lock actually works and works well. Must qualify it first, then drain to get in there (then of course hit all the shots to get out!)
I'll have to check the switch report to see if error is still there
It has functioned maybe a half dozen times for me since
BTW, just set my personal best a few mins ago. Cashed in a "Sweet Child O' Mine" song jackpot of 3.8MM and then beat the robot in "Thirst for Carnage" to cash in another 4+MM
Hands are shaking a bit
[quoted image]

Wow!!! Great score! This game has turned me into a choke machine. I had Thirst for Carnage in my grasp, but...

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

First adjustment to do when you guys get your games is to adjust your lower flippers to be parallel with the lane guides. This greatly helps reduce/eliminate the ball hang ups on the flippers from the inlanes and greatly improves flipper flow. This is a must!
I've attached a photo here of how you roughly want them aligned. You want to aim the left flipper at the 'v' between the skeleton body and arm and for the right flipper aim roughly at the top of the tallest knuckle of the skeleton's hand on that side. On mine and on photos i've seen on here it's a fairly big adjustment. Made a huge difference.[quoted image]

Thank you for the tip! If you don't mind me asking, how do you adjust the flippers?

#1552 3 years ago

I'm new to JJP machines. How to I move the LCD to access cable for topper?

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Pull the top left or right corner forward to release the magnetic grip. It's mounted on a big pivot arm.

Thank you. I was trying that but didn't want to break anything. I will tug a little harder.

3 weeks later
#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

So while giving my game a cleaning I noticed small white flakes on my flippers. My only guess is that the left ramp diverter is just barely clipping the bottom edge of the ramp causing some plastic to flake off. I looked but I saw no obvious way to slightly tweak the angle to prevent it from touching the ramp. In case it matters, my diverter is not slamming into the playfield as mine was all set from the factory.
All parts seem to be tight and secure. Anyone else have a similar issue?
Thanks!

From a JJP service bulletin: Maybe #4 will help you.

2. If you Diverter Assembly is still intact. Remove the 2, 6-32 cap screws (#16) using the 7/64” Allen Wrench. If your Jam Plate has fallen off, look on the bottom of the cabinet for the Jam Plate (#12), Cap Screw (#16), Lock Washer (#14) and Washer (#13)
See fig. 1.
3. Re-assemble the Ramp diverter by following Fig. 1. Place (#16) Cap Screw through Lock Washer (#14) followed by Washer (#13),
put the Cap Screw with Washers in either hole on Jam Plate (#12) and using the Allen Wrench screw the Jam Plate into Guide Bracket (#17), repeat steps for the other hole.
4. Test the Diverter by pulling plunger (#15) down until it makes contact with the coil stop. IF the diverter Guide (#4) touched or rubbed against the Ramp, you will need to loosen slightly the 2 Cap Screws and adjust the Jam Plate so that the Diverter Guide does not touch or rub the Ramp during the full movement of the plunger stroke, re-tighten once you are satisfied with the
position of the Diverter Guide.
5. Test your work by playing no fewer than 10 games.

Images can be found at:

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/Service%20Bulletin_GNR_Left_Ramp_Diverter.pdf

1 week later
#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

ProTip: Shoot the left orbit and hold the right flipper up - it will nail the Coma target.
I was yesterday years old when I discovered this.

No shit? I will try this tonight! Thanks!

3 weeks later
#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Had the ball getting stuck at the edge of the spinning record. Started happening about every other game so I ordered some extra record decals from JJP as I knew any work on that mech might require me to sacrifice the existing decal
When I pulled the glass to take a look it was obvious what the issue was
The center screw (under the decal, but topside of game) had come loose
I unscrewed the post by removing the nut on the bottom of the mech under the PF
Then I peeled off the decal, and got 95% of the adhesive to come with it (yay)
Cleaned the remaining adhesive using Goo Gone
Added the screw back along with a fresh dab of blue Loctite
Then alchohol and a wet wipe, before laying on the new decal
All is good now!
Video shows how much play I had and the screw was only loose by maybe a little over a full turn

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the tutorial. I might have missed something though... why did you need to remove the post?

#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I believe in order to remove & replace the sticker.

Yeah, that was dumb on my part. I was thinking the replacement sticker was just the center. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chetrico.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-?tu=Chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.