20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 68.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I hate that I’m back to this but okay, one last time, so let’s see if I can get thru:
Glad we now agree the original AFD cross is iconic...
Given the alternative is no cross at all, I’ll take the slightly modified version of the Iconic AFD Cross.
Just like the GnR Logo says “Pinball” on the ribbon, you’d be hard-pressed to find a fan who would prefer it were removed entirely due to the mod. Same concept with the AFD Cross. Most fans want this because, modified or not, it is reflecting the imagery of an iconic GnR piece of art.
Now the question is: do you prefer the modified cross or the brick?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Brick for me. Granted I sense 40 more posts to try and convince me I am wrong are coming......

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Honestly it’s all such a sensory overload (in a great way) that I’m sure I wouldn’t appreciate the nuance of what you’re talking about, even as a spectator. I wouldn’t characterize it as “I don’t mind.” It’s more of “I can’t appreciate what you’re noticing” and instead it is a “love what I’m seeing.”
Regarding the cross, I can say I love GNR music and always have, but have never been so much into it as to recognize the iconography of their band and any alterations thereof.

Here’s an example of the PF Lighting clashing with the cabinet color....not awful but certainly not as great a match as the CE.

0D728C73-2BC2-4155-BF7F-72E8E2E8C4D8 (resized).jpeg0D728C73-2BC2-4155-BF7F-72E8E2E8C4D8 (resized).jpeg
#403 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Brick for me. Granted I sense 40 more posts to try and convince me I am wrong are coming......

Not at all. This is subjective preference. I prefer the Version of the iconic AFD Cross to the Brick. To each their own.

That’s why I got 2.

#404 3 years ago

Someone really wants attention.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Well, just read the last two pages of this thread and lost a few brain cells. Thanks freak.

Yes reading is tough for some.

#406 3 years ago

Here’s an example of the PF Lighting clashing with the cabinet color....not awful but certainly not as great a match as the CE.
[quoted image]

You and Rai should hang out. You’d be a match made in heaven.

#407 3 years ago

[quoted image]

You realise the lights are full RGB colour changing right? So there'll be another instance where the lights are "Cinnamon" (or whatever the f the red is called) to match the LE trim and will look "crap" on the CE!

(Cant believe I gut sucked into this debate ).

#408 3 years ago

Not at all. This is subjective preference. I prefer the Version of the iconic AFD Cross to the Brick. To each their own.
That’s why I got 2.

If you like the AFD cross, then get the DE GNR. It’s right front and center on the PF. I mean who’s looking at the backbox when you’re actually playing the game?

8AC8D30A-0DB3-4C89-AE16-6C6D596A1D7B (resized).png8AC8D30A-0DB3-4C89-AE16-6C6D596A1D7B (resized).png
#409 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You realise the lights are full RGB colour changing right? So there'll be another instance where the lights are "Cinnamon" (or whatever the f the red is called) to match the LE trim and will look "crap" on the CE!

I know, I thought about posting a pic of a CE with Green or Red Lights and thought why bother...

#410 3 years ago

Confirmed CE with Jen at JJP.

#411 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I hereby announce that I enjoy purple lights mixed with red armor. I find purple lights and purple armor too much matching and too much purple. If you can enjoy that much purple, I’m happy for you but everyone knows red and purple look great together. The important thing is we all enjoy our games

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I hereby announce that I enjoy purple lights mixed with red armor. I find purple lights and purple armor too much matching and too much purple. If you can enjoy that much purple, I’m happy for you but everyone knows red and purple look great together. The important thing is we all enjoy our games

You know it. Purple and Red for the WIN!

2A91FD81-AE91-4C62-A984-E54B0A537BC6 (resized).jpeg2A91FD81-AE91-4C62-A984-E54B0A537BC6 (resized).jpeg
#413 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think the painting of Dogs playing Poker is iconic. Especially on velvet. Can we move on now?

Yeah, but which version of wall color? The blue walls or red? At least, they look blue and red to me!

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You’re a day late & a dollar short. Already addressed before you were “sucked in”.

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If you like the AFD cross, then get the DE GNR. It’s right front and center on the PF. I mean who’s looking at the backbox when you’re actually playing the game?
[quoted image]

How do you know I don’t? And with that logic you’d be happy with no Cab art and no powder coat.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I know, I thought about posting a pic of a CE with Green or Red Lights and thought why bother...

Probably because it lasts half a second and is tough to capture in a pic.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

You mean “cinnamon”.

#418 3 years ago

You mean “cinnamon”.

Starfish and coffee, maple syrup and jam, cinnamon clouds, and a tangerine... yep that works too.

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Confirmed CE with Jen at JJP.

Did you request an specific number?...

#420 3 years ago

How do you know it don’t? And with that logic you’d be happy with no Cab art and no powder coat.

If you can see the backbox side art while playing GNR, then you Neckst Up. Get down with your bad self

76BFC09A-E4D6-4269-B78C-DDD7B9FC7BDF (resized).jpeg76BFC09A-E4D6-4269-B78C-DDD7B9FC7BDF (resized).jpeg
#421 3 years ago

If you can see the backbox side art while playing GNR, then you Neckst Up. Get down with your bad self
[quoted image]

Tru Fackts!

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

now that is awesome.

Best blend of purple and red I've ever seen.

Back on topic - congrats to all that are getting the CE of this amazing game. What a story for JJP. The sales on this game is incredible from all that I speak too. I really think this might outsell WoZ and if you told me that earlier, I would have said no way.

#423 3 years ago

I had someone just tell me this game feels cheaper than all other JJP games. I said WTF are you talking about. Does anyone think this game is cheap feeling that has played it???

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I had someone just tell me this game feels cheaper than all other JJP games. I said WTF are you talking about. Does anyone think this game is cheap feeling that has played it???

No. Feels like every JJP game. Extremely high quality.

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

not quality wise but the flippers felt weaker than usual (even more so for JJP). Def plan on bumping the power up when I get mine.

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

not quality wise but the flippers felt weaker than usual (even more so for JJP). Def plan on bumping the power up when I get mine.

I recommend that for every JJP personally. Also jack the legs way way up.’like 7.5 on jjps to make it fast. I’d put the flippers up 1-3 per flipper based on preference. Also increase the main scoop by 1.

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I recommend that for every JJP personally. Also jack the legs way way up.’like 7.5 on jjps to make it fast. I’d put the flippers up 1-3 per flipper based on preference. Also increase the main scoop by 1.

I first setup GNR at 7.4 - I think that was too steep because the ball plunge feed was not very nice at that angle, and I was getting a lot of cheap side drains. I went down to about 6.6 and it plays much better. It's still super fast, just plays more "fair" to me.

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I first setup GNR at 7.4 - I think that was too steep because the ball plunge feed was not very nice at that angle, and I was getting a lot of cheap side drains. I went down to about 6.6 and it plays much better. It's still super fast, just plays more "fair" to me.

We were at 6.5 and it was still plenty fast and the shots were buttery smooth. Don’t recall weak flippers but they may have been adjusted prior to my arrival.

#429 3 years ago

Confirmed CE by JJP! Don't know the number and I really don't care

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Actually a friend who owns JJP and doesn’t like GNR and had fair feelings about this pin took all his words back after he played it. He said “ "The theme integration is so well done. The UI design and production quality is amazing, even for the little backboard screen. Really nice touch there. They did a much better job with lighting programming too. Everything is always visible."

#431 3 years ago

Actually a friend who owns JJP and doesn’t like GNR and had fair feelings about this pin took all his words back after he played it. He said “ "The theme integration is so well done. The UI design and production quality is amazing, even for the little backboard screen. Really nice touch there. They did a much better job with lighting programming too. Everything is always visible."

He could be trolling but who knows and who cares. Thanks for the input.

#432 3 years ago

CE#210 confirmed!! And it sounds like I won't need to mod my new gameroom ceiling to fit the topper...excellent day today! Man I am so excited for this pin!

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

CE#210 confirmed!! And it sounds like I won't need to mod my new gameroom ceiling to fit the topper...excellent day today! Man I am so excited for this pin!

Excellent. Congrats. "300" for me.

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Excellent. Congrats. "300" for me.

Nice. 2/10 is a special date for me. Glad it was available.

BTW - I also got confirmation from JJP that they are not accepting requests for the record decal but they did say that they are planning to offer them on the store, just as Eric had indicated on one of the podcasts.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Nice. 2/10 is a special date for me. Glad it was available.
BTW - I also got confirmation from JJP that they are not accepting requests for the record decal but they did say that they are planning to offer them on the store, just as Eric had indicated on one of the podcasts.

That’s great to hear, so I guess people can switch out?

#436 3 years ago

Just spoke with JJP. CE #269 is confirmed.

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

One thing I've found about Pinside...when some people choose not to buy a game for whatever reason, they feel a need to justify the decision and get validation from others. If I can rally people around this decision I will feel good about my choice!

That explains the denial of the facts by those who missed getting the CE.

#439 3 years ago

I got the 1st CE that my distributer is getting. Told him I wanted like 6 months ago when the rumors started happening. He knows how big of a GnR fan I am. The LE came into the shop today and I got to play about 5 games on it. I was blown away by the full package. Its nothing like any other pinball machine I ha e played before. Can't freaking wait!

#440 3 years ago

That explains the denial of the facts by those who missed getting the CE.

Not sure it is denial....I think it’s just that it works both ways with these types of purchases. Those who are getting a CE will want to justify the purchase and convince themselves it is worth it and those getting the LE/SE will want to convince themselves that they aren’t missing out. And as Derek said, similar logic is seen from those who are not purchasing and need to convince themselves it is it the “right” decision. I would agree that this covers 99% of the arguments in any forum like this.

Everyone likes/dislikes what they want and a bunch of wasted mental energy goes into validating that feeling. I say “wasted” because none of us should have to justify any decisions to each other. Human nature I suppose....IMO anyway.

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

I got the 1st CE that my distributer is getting. Told him I wanted like 6 months ago when the rumors started happening. He knows how big of a GnR fan I am. The LE came into the shop today and I got to play about 5 games on it. I was blown away by the full package. Its nothing like any other pinball machine I ha e played before. Can't freaking wait!

I heard people talking about the game missing a bash toy and that it takes away from the game. True or no?

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Did you request an specific number?...

No I haven’t yet. Just confirmed I’m in.

#443 3 years ago

I think all the editions look GREAT even the SE, know that is missing a lot but they are priced accordingly almost half the price of a CE.

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Can you give us a quick review?

Also did you find the art and/or the rail color clashed with the light show?

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

No I haven’t yet. Just confirmed I’m in.

Excellent, congrats!

My question was because I was able to choose my numbers before, but I heard from my Distributor that It’s kind of difficult this time.

Cheers

#446 3 years ago

4ifumt (resized).jpg4ifumt (resized).jpg

#447 3 years ago

[quoted image]

that's probably the biggest stretch on pinside since deeproot announced they'd one day sell a pinball machine.

#448 3 years ago

CE #400 Here

#449 3 years ago

Congrats! Which distributor... Or did you go direct?

#450 3 years ago

Congratulations to all the CE owners! I love the trim colors and cabinet arts more than the LE

Now that I can't get a CE, I will wait till JJP releases another version of this GnR pin... Maybe they will go with "Illusion Edition" (and this time they can add a Flying Monkey with a leather jacket to spend the remaining stock of monkeys that they did not put in Woz yellow brick road)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/9?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.