20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 68.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LE armour looks like blood orange to me.

The official LE armor color is "Illusion Cinnamon" per Eric M.

#352 3 years ago

Some of you have confirmed that you are getting a CE edition. Who confirmed, your distributor or JJP? By email or phone call? Or money already paid?

#353 3 years ago

I tried to buy a CE this weekend, I can’t find one, seems like they are all sold out already.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Some of you have confirmed that you are getting a CE edition. Who confirmed, your distributor or JJP? By email or phone call? Or money already paid?

Phone call from my distributor.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Phone call from my distributor, then confirmed from Jen and completely paid in full. Not sure my number but I don’t care. It’s a CE.

#356 3 years ago

Email from my distributor confirming I have one.
Deposit made 40 seconds after launch

#357 3 years ago

CE confirmed here #50

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’ve never seen someone so stubborn to admit they are wrong.
How many people do you need to hear it from. It’s embarrassing. Stop with the fake news. You’re wrong.
Now before you respond, I want you to think to yourself.....maybe I should stop embarrassing myself and move along......Good idea

Yes I agree that you are embarrassing yourself...Look just at the post directly above yours! They disagree that it is RED. Yet another independent poster who can see colors! Imagine that!

Then you ignored multiple posts that confirm my opinion by stating that the MANUFACTURER ITSELF refers to the color as—not Red!—but Cinnamon!

And another who says the color includes a mix of brown & reds—try mixing the two and see if you get red. It results in a burnt orange just as I’ve said from the outset.

And photo after photo and hours of videos prove the light show tends to be a better match for the CE—the light show is RARELY a match for the burnt orange armor.

Yes, you really need to stop embarrassing yourself. You’re definitely right about that.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

The official LE armor color is "Illusion Cinnamon" per Eric M.

That is confirmed by my distro who is in direct contact with JJP and per our hours of first hand experience in a room with natural light.

The color is a mix of reds & browns resulting in what those playing it agreed was a “burnt orange”—in any case, certainly not what most would describe as red, unless you play in a very dim space where the lack of light will make it read more red than orange.

#360 3 years ago

I’m no crayola expert and never have been.

I think the red or orange or cinnamon or whatever it is looks awesome on the LE. The poster art is super cool and matches the brick wall motif well. The red roses of the apron match it for me too. When the game is off it looks amazing to me and it is by far my favorite art package (no shade meant on the CE which is also nice!).

When the game is on and the LEDs are blasting, I’m in no position to be judging how well it goes with the armor. I’m doing my best to keep the ball alive. I dare say if you’re staring at the armor instead of the playfield and the 2 different game screens while those lights are active in the middle of 4 balls flying around, you’re either doing pinball wrong or are some kind of mad genius.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I’m no crayola expert and never have been.
I think the red or orange or cinnamon or whatever it is looks awesome on the LE. The poster art is super cool and matches the brick wall motif well. The red roses of the apron match it for me too. When the game is off it looks amazing to me and it is by far my favorite art package (no shade meant on the CE which is also nice!).
When the game is on and the LEDs are blasting, I’m in no position to be judging how well it goes with the armor. I’m doing my best to keep the ball alive. I dare say if you’re staring at the armor instead of the playfield and the 2 different game screens while those lights are active in the middle of 4 balls flying around, you’re either doing pinball wrong or are some kind of mad genius.

What about to the spectator? Unless you play by yourself (which is fine-to each their own) the others will certainly notice the contrast. We had a half dozen playing and it was clearly evident that the burnt orange/cinnamon/blood orange armor was clashing with the light show in most occasions.

With regard to the art, what do you think of the lack of the iconic AFD Cross in the LE?

FC8799C9-7B22-46FE-A192-66CC3EE3FF0E.jpegFC8799C9-7B22-46FE-A192-66CC3EE3FF0E.jpeg

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

What about to the spectator? Unless you play by yourself (which is fine-to each their own) the others will certainly notice the contrast. We had a half dozen playing and it was clearly evident that the burnt orange/cinnamon/blood orange armor was clashing with the light show in most occasions.
With regard to the art, what do you think of the lack of the iconic AFD Cross in the LE?
[quoted image]

Ok if we agree with you it can be pink. Does it Really matter? You don't like it, noted. lol

#363 3 years ago

Seriously talking about the light shows clashing with the armor color...I thought I seen and heard it all about a new pin but this has to b a first. I'd say jjp did a amazing job on g@r if its come down to that as a complaint. Seriously who cares about that? I hope your just joking ? Right?

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Seriously talking about the light shows clashing with the armor color...I thought I seen and heard it all about a new pin but this has to b a first. I'd say jjp did a amazing job on g@r if its come down to that as a complaint. Seriously who cares about that? I hope your just joking ? Right?

If you had spent as much time as we did on this machine, you’d understand how integral the light show is to the “feel” & “look” of the game. It’s as important as the artwork in this case. If your new pin’s PF artwork clashed with the cabinet & armor you’d notice.

But if you don’t mind that’s fine. It’s a great game either way.

#365 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Honestly it’s all such a sensory overload (in a great way) that I’m sure I wouldn’t appreciate the nuance of what you’re talking about, even as a spectator. I wouldn’t characterize it as “I don’t mind.” It’s more of “I can’t appreciate what you’re noticing” and instead it is a “love what I’m seeing.”

Regarding the cross, I can say I love GNR music and always have, but have never been so much into it as to recognize the iconography of their band and any alterations thereof.

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Missed out on the CE POTC, but at that time I thought the price was nuts, lol.
Look at us now, buying it without even hesitating this time.

like training a dog, just takes a little time.

#367 3 years ago

Yes I agree that you are embarrassing yourself...Look just at the post directly above yours! They disagree that it is RED. Yet another independent poster who can see colors! Imagine that!
Then you ignored multiple posts that confirm my opinion by stating that the MANUFACTURER ITSELF refers to the color as—not Red!—but Cinnamon!
And another who says the color includes a mix of brown & reds—try mixing the two and see if you get red. It results in a burnt orange just as I’ve said from the outset.
And photo after photo and hours of videos prove the light show tends to be a better match for the CE—the light show is RARELY a match for the burnt orange armor.
Yes, you really need to stop embarrassing yourself. You’re definitely right about that.

I understand I’m not speaking with the brightest color in the crayon box (red, burnt orange or other). Sad to see someone continue to embarrass themselves on here but that’s fine. These boards do remind me that there are just less fortunate people out there who need help and have a hard time understanding - the same type that would call themselves freaky guy 666 (as a grown adult). Should have just stopped at the name. Also no need to be jealous of the LE art or the matching GnR red.

Sorry but I’m out on this as I can’t help you any more.

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I understand I’m not speaking with the brightest color in the crayon box (red, burnt orange or other). Sad to see someone continue to embarrass themselves on here but that’s fine. These boards do remind me that there are just less fortunate people out there who need help and have a hard time understanding - the same type that would call themselves freaky guy 666 (as a grown adult). Should have just stopped at the name. Also no need to be jealous of the LE art or the matching GnR red.

When this kind of crap happens the first and only question I have is “are you buying the game”. If the answer is no, it’s trolling!

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When this kind of crap happens the first and only question I have is “are you buying the game”. If the answer is no, it’s trolling!

One thing I've found about Pinside...when some people choose not to buy a game for whatever reason, they feel a need to justify the decision and get validation from others. If I can rally people around this decision I will feel good about my choice!

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

One thing I've found about Pinside...when some people choose not to buy a game for whatever reason, they feel a need to justify the decision and get validation from others. If I can rally people around this decision I will feel good about my choice!

No question that this explains 90% of behavior on this site.

The remaining 10% can be attributed equally to stupidity and alcohol.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No question that this explains 90% of behavior on this site.
The remaining 10% can be attributed equally to stupidity and alcohol.

It’s very sad and pathetic to tell you the truth.

#372 3 years ago

Guys pinside has great features that allow you to silence posters that you don’t want to see. Not announcing anything specific. Just wanted to make sure you knew

#373 3 years ago

That is confirmed by my distro who is in direct contact with JJP and per our hours of first hand experience in a room with natural light.
The color is a mix of reds & browns resulting in what those playing it agreed was a “burnt orange”—in any case, certainly not what most would describe as red, unless you play in a very dim space where the lack of light will make it read more red than orange.

What the fuck do you care your not buying the game anyway!

#374 3 years ago

Got the call today from Jen at JJP. I am locked in on CE. Congrats to everyone who got one. My first JJP game can't wait!

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Phone call from my distributor, then confirmed from Jen and completely paid in full. Not sure my number but I don’t care. It’s a CE.

Nice...the only real question is when you'll get the game...I'm sure some will trickle into the market in Nov/Dec, but the balance probably won't be delivered until Q1 next year.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks for confirming that your embarrassment knows no bounds.

I pointed out facts and you simply ignore them.

“Ignorance is bliss” must be your motto.

Keep telling yourself that “The facts don’t matter—I say it’s “RED” despite all the evidence to the contrary including from the manufacturer & designer” and that you won’t miss the iconic AFD artwork.

Oh but I forgot this is the same person who continually dissed Wonka until they owned it and they suddenly changed their mind.

Sorry but I can’t play a mind trick on myself to ignore the fact. Congrats to those who can!

#377 3 years ago

Keep telling yourself that “The facts don’t matter—I say it’s “RED” despite all the evidence to the contrary including from the manufacturer & designer” and that you won’t miss the iconic AFD artwork.
Oh but I forgot this is the same person who continually dissed Wonka until they owned it and they suddenly changed their mind.
Sorry but I can’t play a mind trick on myself to ignore the fact. Congrats to those who can!

Please stop with the broken record. We get it. You made your point many many many times.

#378 3 years ago

IF I can convince #Delt31 to concede your right will you drop the color debate? lol

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

IF I can convince #Delt31 to concede your right will you drop the color debate? lol

I don’t see it as a debate. But good luck convincing them of the facts. Lol

#380 3 years ago

All I know is the trim color on the LE looks really nice....

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

All I know is the trim color on the LE looks really nice....

No its not your wrong! lololol

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No its not your wrong! lololol

ok...

#383 3 years ago

I don’t believe your ok with it!!!!!

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t believe your ok with it!!!!!

I really don't care....it looks good to me, and matches well with the cabinet artwork

#385 3 years ago

This should be your avatar since you don't have one: (all shades of Red BTW)
Red (resized).pngRed (resized).png

#386 3 years ago

missing the Iconic Appetite Artwork!

That’s the definition if “iconic”.

Add to that the ICONIC GNR CROSS on the Backbox

missing the iconic Appetite Cross

lack of the iconic AFD Cross in the LE

miss the iconic AFD artwork

I hate that I'm back in this, but sure, one last time. As best I can explain it:

The "iconic" AFD cross/artwork isn't on any edition. I'd love to see it on any of the editions, but it's not. The CE art is fine, but no need to pretend it's something that it isn't.

da Vinci's Mona Lisa... iconic.

Blackjacker's Mona Lisa, modified with her sitting on the can playing Smash Bros. and vaping... not iconic.

The original AFD cross... for purposes of this argument, sure, it's iconic.

That modified 7-headed cross... not iconic.

#387 3 years ago

I was Joking! All this its red, no its not was mind numbing and Not your post.

#388 3 years ago

Now more important news. I got the call today that my CE # is 300.

#389 3 years ago

CE confirmed

#390 3 years ago

What is the best way to try and request a specific CE number? Should I stick with my distributor or call JJP to see if they can make note on the order, and maybe tell me what numbers are no longer available?

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

What is the best way to try and request a specific CE number? Should I stick with my distributor or call JJP to see if they can make note on the order, and maybe tell me what numbers are no longer available?

Call Jen not your distributor.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:This should be your avatar since you don't have one: (all shades of Red BTW)
[quoted image]

Where’s “cinnamon” on that color chart?

#393 3 years ago

Where’s “cinnamon” on that color chart?

5B4CEEA2-E5FB-4BA0-AEE5-220232074EBA (resized).jpeg5B4CEEA2-E5FB-4BA0-AEE5-220232074EBA (resized).jpeg
#394 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I hate that I'm back in this, but sure, one last time. As best I can explain it:
The "iconic" AFD cross/artwork isn't on any edition. I'd love to see it on any of the editions, but it's not. The CE art is fine, but no need to pretend it's something that it isn't.
da Vinci's Mona Lisa... iconic.
Blackjacker's Mona Lisa, modified with her sitting on the can playing Smash Bros. and vaping... not iconic.
The original AFD cross... for purposes of this argument, sure, it's iconic.
That modified 7-headed cross... not iconic.

I hate that I’m back to this but okay, one last time, so let’s see if I can get thru:

Glad we now agree the original AFD cross is iconic...

Given the alternative is no cross at all, I’ll take the slightly modified version of the Iconic AFD Cross.

Just like the GnR Logo says “Pinball” on the ribbon, you’d be hard-pressed to find a fan who would prefer it were removed entirely due to the mod. Same concept with the AFD Cross. Most fans want this because, modified or not, it is reflecting the imagery of an iconic GnR piece of art.

Now the question is: do you prefer the modified cross or the brick?

5D879209-E443-41B3-BE19-43B8E8417794 (resized).jpeg5D879209-E443-41B3-BE19-43B8E8417794 (resized).jpegAAF204D3-8514-4ABC-B043-C2E6121CA78C (resized).jpegAAF204D3-8514-4ABC-B043-C2E6121CA78C (resized).jpeg
#395 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Call Jen not your distributor.

Yes she confirmed my 2 units last week.

#396 3 years ago

I hate that I’m back to this but okay, one last time, so let’s see if I can get thru:
Given the alternative is no cross at all, I’ll take the slightly modified version of the Iconic AFD Cross.
Just like the GnR Logo says “Pinball” on the ribbon, you’d be hard-pressed to find a fan who would prefer it were removed entirely due to the mod. Same concept with the AFD Cross. Most fans want this because, modified or not, it is reflecting the imagery of an iconic GnR piece of art.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I frankly could care less

#397 3 years ago

Well, just read the last two pages of this thread and lost a few brain cells. Thanks freak.

#398 3 years ago

I've always been on board with that.

The brick. That was a big part of my decision to go with the LE vs CE.

I did find the original cross on the machine. Everybody wins?

hold_me_closer_tiny_icon.jpghold_me_closer_tiny_icon.jpg

#399 3 years ago

I think the painting of Dogs playing Poker is iconic. Especially on velvet. Can we move on now?

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think the painting of Dogs playing Poker is iconic. Especially on velvet. Can we move on now?

That’s iconic AND classic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/8?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.