20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 68.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Happy to hear that you like the purple by let's not spread lies about the color on the LE. I played the game and the color is not orange. It matches the look of GnR no question and the light show it's all over the place. To say the purple matches the light show more is crazy. But again, you like the CE more and got it. Well done.

No lie...if anything those saying the LE is Red are spreading lies. The color is intended to mimic a burn orange brick color—not red.

And the light show, while varied as you say, is rarely the color of the LE Powder Coat. In fact, it often clashed with the LE color. Playing the game it might not be as obvious but I was specifically looking at these elements while awaiting my turn so this is based on close scrutiny.

Again, if you prefer the LE burn brick orange color, and don’t mind missing the iconic Appetite Cross, then I’m happy to hear that. Enjoy!

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Why 128? I picked 187 because I figured my wife will murder me when she finds out what this game cost!

Lol! Same reason for me...cept I did 12th of August which is my wedding anniversary...so that my wife wouldn't murder me

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

No lie...if anything those saying the LE is Red are spreading lies. The color is intended to mimic a burn orange brick color—not red.
And the light show, while varied as you say, is rarely the color of the LE Powder Coat. In fact, it often clashed with the LE color. Playing the game it might not be as obvious but I was specifically looking at these elements while awaiting my turn so this is based on close scrutiny.
Again, if you prefer the LE burn brick orange color, and don’t mind missing the iconic Appetite Cross, then I’m happy to hear that. Enjoy!

The actual name of the LE powder coat color is “Illusion Cinnamon” per Eric M.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I can’t imagine that any JJP CE edition is ever going to sell out so I suspect anyone wanting a GNR CE will be able to get one.
Hope you get your #12.

LOL !

No.

I’m happy for JJP I was so wrong.

#305 3 years ago

How many CE owners do we have here? I’m trying to see how many Pinside guys actually are getting one. I’m in on a CE but don’t have my number yet.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

How many CE owners do we have here? I’m trying to see how many Pinside guys actually are getting one. I’m in on a CE but don’t have my number yet.

CE here heading to Australia.

#307 3 years ago

I was going to ask if you've played the game. Sounds like you have so apparently you're blind if you think that's orange. It's not. It's definitely in the red category. I'm not even commenting on the lightshow bc you're obviously struggling to see things properly.

And the CE offers some type of pet cemetery version of AFD. It's purple, bc of course when people think about AFD, purple is the first color they think of but best of yet, and thanks for reminding me, they took the AFD cross and modified it. Now it even includes a girl with blue hair. Yep check that box for true Appetite!

In the end we both like the game so I'll leave it at that. Enjoy it and stop spreading lies about the LE.

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

CE confirmed here. I was just told “November” from my distro but nothing more specific.

#309 3 years ago

CE here. I was told six weeks for delivery

#310 3 years ago

CE confirmed here.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm getting a CE but I'm trying to spend most of my time in the Owners thread like many others. And I really wish everyone would migrate over there as theses multiple GnR threads is irritating. And with only 500 units this thread is destined to flame out and you'll end up there anyway.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/13#post-5899923

Just a suggestion.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I’m in for a CE. First time I’ve bought a JJP. I’m pretty psyched.

Congrats

#313 3 years ago

Here is a nice pic to show some features between the two. Just for some of you that might not have known some of the different features on the play field. Thanks to Chris on this pic. I am one that is trying to avoid seeing videos on this game as I am wanting to get my CE from Joe and when it arrives have it unboxed and play it under the darkness of night with NO lights at the office, A full moon outside and some candles burning in the background. Nice --Huh...?

Again, LE is awesome and I am sure JJP is going to make record sales on this game.

121240004_337376557335332_6258910168095734297_n (resized).jpg121240004_337376557335332_6258910168095734297_n (resized).jpg
#314 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Rest of world November, Wisconsin - August 2023

Brutal

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was going to ask if you've played the game. Sounds like you have so apparently you're blind if you think that's orange. It's not. It's definitely in the red category. I'm not even commenting on the lightshow bc you're obviously struggling to see things properly.
And the CE offers some type of pet cemetery version of AFD. It's purple, bc of course when people think about AFD, purple is the first color they think of but best of yet, and thanks for reminding me, they took the AFD cross and modified it. Now it even includes a girl with blue hair. Yep check that box for true Appetite!
In the end we both like the game so I'll leave it at that. Enjoy it and stop spreading lies about the LE.

It’s red, with maybe a little brown in it.

414E52DD-CE2C-4D89-9243-75D9FD0FC5FA (resized).jpeg414E52DD-CE2C-4D89-9243-75D9FD0FC5FA (resized).jpegB9A5A100-CB42-4E69-A524-287841DB6CEE (resized).jpegB9A5A100-CB42-4E69-A524-287841DB6CEE (resized).jpeg
#316 3 years ago

CE confirmed here ... very excited about this pin!

#317 3 years ago

CE confirmed here. Can’t wait. My wife is getting into pinball now. Worth every penny.

#318 3 years ago

CE confirmed my 1st JJP. Over the last 20 years I never ever ever thought I would spend this much on one pin. Looking forward to having next to my DE GNR. Match made in heaven.

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

The actual name of the LE powder coat color is “Illusion Cinnamon” per Eric M.

That’s in line with my first hand experience—definitely NOT red given you have enough ambient light in the room.

If it’s in a dim space then I could see how it could be interpreted as red—however we had a wonka CE next to it and by contrast the GnR was reading burnt orange.

#320 3 years ago

Ce confirmed here......

#321 3 years ago

CE here. You can add the game to your collection now, as many of us did. That’s a reasonable way to check - though I realize some will wait for delivery to add theirs.

#322 3 years ago

CE here as well, I had ordered both but dropped the LE after seeing the features on them both.
I just like what the CE has to offer this time.
CE for home this time, Might get the LE later for location.

Missed out on the CE POTC, but at that time I thought the price was nuts, lol.
Look at us now, buying it without even hesitating this time.

Congrats to all the CE lottery winners.
I was worried at first myself.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

CE here as well, I had ordered both but dropped the LE after seeing the features on them both.
I just like what the CE has to offer this time.
CE for home this time, Might get the LE later for location.
Missed out on the CE POTC, but at that time I thought the price was nuts, lol.
Look at us now, buying it without even hesitating this time.
Congrats to all the CE lottery winners.
I was worried at first myself.

I hope you change your mind and give me your spot you don’t really want an overpriced purple box of lights do you lol

#324 3 years ago

6 CE's here ! signed shit disturber

#325 3 years ago

Yeah Canada got royalty screwed. Between nitro and p1 we should have had more than 6/500 ffs

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 3 years ago

Back box art comparison.

CE vs LE

2E7E548B-C05A-4953-B4BC-76E11214F993.jpeg2E7E548B-C05A-4953-B4BC-76E11214F993.jpeg7A72A769-4116-49BB-9A02-AC1F47D16F2F.jpeg7A72A769-4116-49BB-9A02-AC1F47D16F2F.jpeg

#327 3 years ago

LE armor up close with good ambient light.

Notice light show on PF tends to clash with the burnt orange “cinnamon” color.

The CE armor seems to match the light show much more often.

0ADB7429-D36D-4C48-87F1-71319B61B795 (resized).jpeg0ADB7429-D36D-4C48-87F1-71319B61B795 (resized).jpeg79CE06F7-87C0-4F2D-9D64-DD55E3140899 (resized).jpeg79CE06F7-87C0-4F2D-9D64-DD55E3140899 (resized).jpeg88C81BE6-CD23-4D35-87BB-60160D4A47F3 (resized).jpeg88C81BE6-CD23-4D35-87BB-60160D4A47F3 (resized).jpeg
#328 3 years ago

A friend of mine played it for 8 hours today. He said it is freaking unbelievable. The best pinball he has ever played. Trust me, he has owned all the modern LE Sterns, American Pinball, TBL, Aliens, R&M, etc... Nothing comes even close he said. NOTHING!!!!

#329 3 years ago

LE armor up close with good ambient light.
Notice light show on PF tends to clash with the burnt orange “cinnamon” color.
The CE armor seems to match the light show much more often.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So what happens when the RGB lights turn green on the CE...sorry man I don't understand your point here.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#330 3 years ago

Yeah I knew the le was gonna clash. Dammit.

I like the poster idea but it’s too busy imo as well

#331 3 years ago

So what is the feature right by the apron that the LE doesn’t have?

#333 3 years ago

That’s in line with my first hand experience—definitely NOT red given you have enough ambient light in the room.
If it’s in a dim space then I could see how it could be interpreted as red—however we had a wonka CE next to it and by contrast the GnR was reading burnt orange.

In case you didn't hear ... there are many, and I mean MANY, shades of red. https://drawingblog.mycoloringland.com/red-shades/

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So what happens when the RGB lights turn green on the CE...sorry man I don't understand your point here.
[quoted image]

I’ll help you understand: The point is the light shows have a tendency to spend the majority of time in certain colors. It’s no coincidence that in most screenshots & videos you see the same colors as the pics I posted. This is programming and can change—but the MAJORITY of time the resulting colors are the red & blue combo (i.e. purplish) shown in the pics.

#335 3 years ago

CE confirmed here as well...

#336 3 years ago

I’ll help you understand: The point is the light shows have a tendency to spend the majority of time in certain colors. It’s no coincidence that in most screenshots & videos you see the same colors as the pics I posted. This is programming and can change—but the MAJORITY of time the resulting colors are the red & blue combo (i.e. purplish) shown in the pics.

This is just wrong. The light shows are NOT purple. Just like the armor is not orange. Each song has a unique light show.

Fountain of misinformation.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is just wrong. The light shows are NOT purple. Just like the armor is orange. Each song has a unique light show.
Fountain of misinformation.

Never said that.

They are predominantly blues & purples. We played 15 of the 21 songs (some of which are not 100% completed) and those 2 colors are used substantially more than any others.

As to the “orange” armor, the company itself describes it as “cinnamon”—which is not red.

#338 3 years ago

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

A friend of mine played it for 8 hours today. He said it is freaking unbelievable. The best pinball he has ever played. Trust me, he has owned all the modern LE Sterns, American Pinball, TBL, Aliens, R&M, etc... Nothing comes even close he said. NOTHING!!!!

So he never played a JJP before....

#340 3 years ago

Ce confirmed here also.

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I am also down for a CE...I am #12. (lol)

#342 3 years ago

#128 here

#343 3 years ago

So he never played a JJP before....

YES! He has owned them all. Some twice.

#344 3 years ago

LE armour looks like blood orange to me.

#345 3 years ago

Never said that.
They are predominantly blues & purples. We played 15 of the 21 songs (some of which are not 100% completed) and those 2 colors are used substantially more than any others.
As to the “orange” armor, the company itself describes it as “cinnamon”—which is not red.

I’ve never seen someone so stubborn to admit they are wrong.

How many people do you need to hear it from. It’s embarrassing. Stop with the fake news. You’re wrong.

Now before you respond, I want you to think to yourself.....maybe I should stop embarrassing myself and move along......Good idea

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’ve never seen someone so stubborn to admit they are wrong.
How many people do you need to hear it from. It’s embarrassing. Stop with the fake news. You’re wrong.
Now before you respond, I want you to think to yourself.....maybe I should stop embarrassing myself and move along......Good idea

Exactly. Just say he is right (wrong), who cares! The colors are perfect. Move on. You can’t destroy the best game of the year. Get over it.

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. Just say he is right (wrong), who cares! The colors are perfect. Move on. You can’t destroy the best game of the year. Get over it.

Yep - it’s a win win. CE and LE. Can’t go wrong with either but let’s keep the facts straight.

#348 3 years ago

CE confirmed here..Will be my 1st JJP

#349 3 years ago

I'm in for a CE. At least I have been promised. Won't seem real until I hear it shipping to me. I originally was going to get an LE, but told a lot of friends I would not get a CE unless it was far different than an LE, even hoping there might be a "mechanical" difference. Well, we know now there are quite a few differences, even a better than normal topper by JJP standards.

Only have 4-5 pin space. Just sold my Houdini, so all I have now is a rare HUO F2K, NIB WoZ RR (due in this Monday), DILE, and the GnR CE when it arrives in November/December. That leaves me room for the next JJP pin, which I'm hoping is TS.

I'm not a "over the top" GnR fan, but I am a fan of JJP quality and this pin is off the charts in many categories. To me, it's like "Guitar Hero" meets pin.

I'm really looking forward to getting the pin.

#350 3 years ago

CE confirmed, but no number assigned yet. Still checking on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/7?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.