20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 68.
#251 3 years ago

Is the overall height of the game with topper listed anywhere?

#252 3 years ago

I’m in for a CE. First time I’ve bought a JJP. I’m pretty psyched.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Is the overall height of the game with topper listed anywhere?

Never mind! 84" per JJP

#254 3 years ago

I’m in with a CE. #187

Now the wait begins!

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Personally I wouldn’t give a sh*t. I just want the nicest version of the game. Couldn’t care less if it’s limited. Quickly grew out of that mindset when I realized I could only fit 7 games at home. For me, Games are to be played and admired, not to sit there like a museum piece for 5 years until they appreciate in value.

I agree with you and that is why I think JJP should just make more CEs. There are too many unhappy campers.

#256 3 years ago

The plaque on the front of the pin is numbered out of /500?
How can you make more?
They will more then likely make a superior version to all of these and it will be more then 13k?
Ooooooooor maybe they stay true to the name of the tour???

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I agree with you and that is why I think JJP should just make more CEs. There are too many unhappy campers.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

How can you make more?
They will more then likely make a superior version to all of these and it will be more then 13k?

Vault it, and use all the original members and video......

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anyone hear any word from jjp about this fiasco?
I really hope there will be an opportunity to still purchase a ce for those of us who need to think more than a minute about a large purchase.
I think if they just asked for full payment or even half right now a bunch of people would drop out. Free it up for the true hardcore fans.

I know that i was wanting to get a second one till I heard what happen and I withdrew my request so to give others a shot.

Crazy what happen - I only hope that they learn from it and this does not happen in the future.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Just so I’m clear.....I can drop by your plumbing shop and play pinball as if I’m in an arcade? A ”Plumbcade” if you will. Buy a p trap and play some pinball. Interesting Never really occurred to me that the two formats would mix.

YEP -- But you dont buy any P-trap(s). Games are always on FREE Play, but Yes...Over 23 Pinball Collector Quality Games and some VPCabs ones and a couple nice arcade ones as well.

STOP BY....

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So did you get a CE Ritchie? #12??

Yes..I can say that today --- But I do want to say that I have always been in for JJP games and yes....Y'all know that I am been in on #12. and we have fun with that and Joe gets a laugh every now and then and I support Joe and I want to say that I even got a game from Chris @ King Pins and he has been great to me and I recommend his company as well.

I don't Bash JJP (except on coin doors) or any other company out there like some others are doing at this moment. There are a few out there calling for STERN to be OVER and CGC and Spooky all need to take notice because of this game. They are WRONG...Yes this game is awesome and JJP has given us CE owners something more of value. But Gun N' Roses will come and go and there will be other games / titles to come along and i hope that those generate this much excitement as well.

I don't think those other companies are in ANY way worried about what Eric and JJP have given us this week. In fact, I am sure that are open and might have even congratulated JJP. They will continue and I hope make more games and give us all variety of Pinball.

Gun N' Roses is not for everyone and I am grateful to have gotten one of the CE models, but I am not going to brag about it, I am sorry that A LOT did get in on a CE model and some did not get in because that thought they were locked with their distributors and found out later that ALL of them did not get their usual past allotments that they have got in the past from JJP. I do think that was wrong on JJP and I just hope that they (JJP) will learn from this and there has to be some way for them to communicate better in the future so that all distributors are aware of what they are going to get and if that particular distributor is having more in demand he or she can recommend or direct that customer where to go ahead of time.

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So did you get a CE Ritchie? #12??

Yes. #12.

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Flippers paradise this one.
I was just waiting for some gameplay before deciding.

Sorry -- Who is Flippers?

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

How can you make more?

Just make the plaque 600 or 700 or create a new CE which I think is what JJP will do.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Sorry -- Who is Flippers?

Faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there-under, under the sea!
images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

Edit: He means people "flipping/selling" a game puerly for profit.

#265 3 years ago

I don’t know why people think there is any chance of just making more CEs. You think they’re going to send those cards out to the whole band to sign a few 100 more games?

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I don’t know why people think there is any chance of just making more CEs. You think they’re going to send those cards out to the whole band to sign a few 100 more games?

I could see them doing a non limited CE down the track with some of the features of the CE (particularly the ball lock) but no signatures and different art.

#267 3 years ago

There are 11 post of people wanting CE’s. These went fast.

#268 3 years ago

I know that i was wanting to get a second one till I heard what happen and I withdrew my request so to give others a shot.
Crazy what happen - I only hope that they learn from it and this does not happen in the future.

Good on you. I did the same thing. Honestly though, I don’t think JJP was going to send out two games to the same person anyhow.

I know there were more guys like you and I that had our name on two. Hopefully when the dust settles, not too many people are left out of getting a CE.

#269 3 years ago

YEP -- But you dont buy any P-trap(s). Games are always on FREE Play, but Yes...Over 23 Pinball Collector Quality Games and some VPCabs ones and a couple nice arcade ones as well.
STOP BY....

That’s outstanding! I will definitely have to make it out one day soon. Have fun with your new toy. I guess I’ll hit Home Depot for the trap.

#270 3 years ago

I want to come check out Richie's spot also. My travels take me to Chicago a few times a year, it says Normal, IL is about 2 hours. It will be more with it to meet there man behind the mask than anything. Congrats on your purchase Richie! Enjoy!

#271 3 years ago

I’d like to see a closer look at the upper PF in action.

Can someone do a upper PF isolation video so I can see how it shoots? I’m thinking the lock is like tspp couch lock takes some skill to make.

Thanks

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’d like to see a closer look at the upper PF in action.
Can someone do a upper PF isolation video so I can see how it shoots? I’m thinking the lock is like tspp couch lock takes some skill to make.
Thanks

The lock is pretty easy to make. Not anything close to TSPP. Sometimes you can just shoot up the ramp and the ball ends up in the lock without using the upper PF flipper. You can cradle the ball up there also.

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The lock is pretty easy to make. Not anything close to TSPP. Sometimes you can just shoot up the ramp and the ball ends up in the lock without using the upper PF flipper. You can cradle the ball up there also.

Funny hearing Eric talk about the innovation with the upper playfield being easily removable. TSPP is the exact same way and has 2 flippers on the upper playfield.

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What about the bass ramp is that there for a reason? Do you need to make that shot or is it just an alternate exit?

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What about the bass ramp is that there for a reason? Do you need to make that shot or is it just an alternate exit?

Yes you have to make the shot. At this point there are several videos available like the one from Buffalo Pinball yesterday. Just watch one and your questions will be answered.

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes there is a VUK hole that you shoot. The VUK spits the ball out on the bass wireform.

#277 3 years ago

Can hardly wait for our CE to be delivered as well. My understanding is that they won't be ready any earlier than November. Anyone have any additional information?

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

Can hardly wait for our CE to be delivered as well. My understanding is that they won't be ready any earlier than November. Anyone have any additional information?

When I spoke with them yesterday, they indicated that they can produce 10 units per day. I'm not sure exactly when they are gonna start making them. But November, December were mentioned as possible delivery dates depending on what your position is in the queue and things go smoothly.

I selected 128 for the number of my machine.

#279 3 years ago

My understanding is that our playfields are coming from far far away and won't be here before then.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

Was there an extra charge for that?

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

My understanding is that our playfields are coming from far far away and won't be here before then.

Mirco right?

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Was there an extra charge for that?

Nope

#283 3 years ago

STOP BY....

After you get this GNR, I am going to stop on by. My son goes to ISU and I didn't realize how close you were even though I picked up that WOZ RR from you!

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

Why 128? I picked 187 because I figured my wife will murder me when she finds out what this game cost!

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Why 128? I picked 187 because I figured my wife will murder me when she finds out what this game cost!

I requested 20 for the year of manufacture. (I did 19 for Wonka CE)

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I requested 20 for the year of manufacture. (I did 19 for Wonka CE)

That's a good idea.

I actually wanted 85 (GNR formed), then 87 (appetite album), THEN 187 (well...ya know...murder....). Happy with 187 and honestly don't give a shit either way.

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That's a good idea.
I actually wanted 85 (GNR formed), then 87 (appetite album), THEN 187 (well...ya know...murder....). Happy with 187 and honestly don't give a shit either way.

187 is a great number! But yeah ultimately not super important unless your name is RichieWrench

#288 3 years ago

When I ordered directly, minutes in and well before the ordering problem on the website was fixed, most numbers between mid-30s and 499 were still available. Seemed like most who had already made a request of JJP were looking for low numbers. Our first two choices were very low and we did not get them, but our third is just as special to us and we are thrilled to have been able to immediately confirm it will be ours! It may as well have my wife's name on it, too, as she will never sell it and probably won't let anyone else even play. I seriously considered also ordering an SE - to put at our beach house where I thought the CE was going to go - but didn't was to risk any possibility, no matter how remote, of orders for multiple machines somehow impacting the CE order. Will probably call JJP once the madness dies down to discuss that directly.

#289 3 years ago

The 500 ce count will not be compromised.

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Great. It shouldn’t.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

When I ordered directly, minutes in and well before the ordering problem on the website was fixed, most numbers between mid-30s and 499 were still available. Seemed like most who had already made a request of JJP were looking for low numbers. Our first two choices were very low and we did not get them, but our third is just as special to us and we are thrilled to have been able to immediately confirm it will be ours! It may as well have my wife's name on it, too, as she will never sell it and probably won't let anyone else even play. I seriously considered also ordering an SE - to put at our beach house where I thought the CE was going to go - but didn't was to risk any possibility, no matter how remote, of orders for multiple machines somehow impacting the CE order. Will probably call JJP once the madness dies down to discuss that directly.

Nice... I ordered the CE for my wife as well. I did order a LE for my office for me. I hope this is not an issue. I went through a distributor.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

What will happen to the collectors editions that jjp sold that people might back out of?

Will jjp sell them themselves again or send to distributors with waitlists of people who got screwed out of one as allocations were pulled?

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

JJ from Game Exchange posted to FB that JJP is working with distros to find anyone who ordered multiple CEs and limit them to 1 CE, comparing sales lists. I love that. Flippers suck.

How about publicly posting the names of the people who did this... would that be wrong?

My emoji does not show up on pinside... this is sarcasm haha.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

How about publicly posting the names of the people who did this... would that be wrong?

A business posting customer info?

Yes, that would be wrong.

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

For all CE buyers who did not get one and had to go LE it would sure be a nice consultation
And great gesture from JJP

I would not be upset if they offered this to LE buyers. Sell every CE accessory. It won’t change the enjoyment I get from my machine.

#296 3 years ago

Anyone know when the CEs ship?

Apologies if the answer is in an earlier post.

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

From what I’m hearing is around Thanksgiving.

#298 3 years ago

Richie, I need to come down and visit my son. When I do, I’ll stop by your shop to say hello, play some pinball ( ) and then skip across town and grab a Gondola before hitting the road home. Mmmmm, Gondola....

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I can’t imagine that any JJP CE edition is ever going to sell out so I suspect anyone wanting a GNR CE will be able to get one.
Hope you get your #12.

This aged well

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Rest of world November, Wisconsin - August 2023

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/6?hl=player-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.