20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 68.
#3251 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Still gold to me. I'm not selling, we love it too much.

Same Gold here.

After all the comments in the past days about those cracks/pooling, today I checked mine in detail and still "None", nothing here at all, my PF is literally mint, I have 1,751 games played(and with 5 balls all of them) and "0" issues……..It is a Lottery I guess.
Obviously I hope that nothing happens, but this game stays no matter what, this is for me and my family simply Gold.

#3252 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Same Gold here.
After all the comments in the past days about those cracks/pooling, today I checked mine in detail and still "None", nothing here at all, my PF is literally mint, I have 1,751 games played(and with 5 balls all of them) and "0" issues……..It is a Lottery I guess.
Obviously I hope that nothing happens, but this game stays no matter what, this is for me and my family simply Gold.

I think your gonna have to send me your CE so I can check it out to be sure. 4-5 years should be a good trial period and I won’t even charge you for my time playing it

#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I think your gonna have to send me your CE so I can check it out to be sure. 4-5 years should be a good trial period and I won’t even charge you for my time playing it

hahahaha lol Chaka …… Deal.

*(I see that you own a Classic KISS besides your DE GN’R… I’ll keep the KISS meanwhile )

#3254 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Still gold to me.

There's no more gold!!! Mine is platinum in my book. Just hope the playfield issues will get resolved. almost all standalone posts have pooling i saw today. I hate the fact that my left outlane shows wood now. And that damaged piece from factory by my scoop is unacceptable.
It does not hinder the fun playing it but it is nagging me after paying so much money for it.

#3255 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Same Gold here.

Mine is the same (luckily), however i have less than 100 games

#3256 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:Same Gold here.

Just wanted add that I am in a similar situation and feel very fortunate. I will be putting the clear washers on anywhere I can to be safe and continue to enjoy this game.

I put in the cliffys, tweaked the shooter lane a bit more to prevent SDTM, fixed the center scoop hood angle with some locktite, adjusted my record level, replaced numerous rubbers with new titans, and gave this machine its biggest cleaning to date and it is playing better than ever.

Every time I play this thing I am amazed at how anyone could not be wowed at this work of art. I also started using the shuffle jukebox mode more and more with the full light shows turned on. I originally wanted to wait and experience the lights solely during game play, but I realized how much of the show I miss while concentrating on the mode. If you haven’t already, I suggest using the jukebox mode to see the full light shows deep into various songs. As if I didn’t have it already, my appreciation on the attention to detail on the light programming is even greater now.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to lose a stupidly high jackpot because I’m too stubborn and stupid to cash in.

#3257 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Just wanted add that I am in a similar situation and feel very fortunate. I will be putting the clear washers on anywhere I can to be safe and continue to enjoy this game.
I put in the cliffys, tweaked the shooter lane a bit more to prevent SDTM, fixed the center scoop hood angle with some locktite, adjusted my record level, replaced numerous rubbers with new titans, and gave this machine its biggest cleaning to date and it is playing better than ever.
Every time I play this thing I am amazed at how anyone could not be wowed at this work of art. I also started using the shuffle jukebox mode more and more with the full light shows turned on. I originally wanted to wait and experience the lights solely during game play, but I realized how much of the show I miss while concentrating on the mode. If you haven’t already, I suggest using the jukebox mode to see the full light shows deep into various songs. As if I didn’t have it already, my appreciation on the attention to detail on the light programming is even greater now.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to lose a stupidly high jackpot because I’m too stubborn and stupid to cash in.

During jukebox mode I thought it was just a random light show. Is it the same as what happens in the game?

#3258 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

During jukebox mode I thought it was just a random light show. Is it the same as what happens in the game?

It is the same as during the song but without the shaker or anything else. In the settings, if you select “Music+Video+Lights” then it will mimic the gameplay light show for the songs. I just reconfirmed with Live and Let Die, which is the most obvious example. If you just select “Music Only” or “Music+Video” it will be the regular attract mode light show…which is still pretty sweet.

#3259 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:It is the same as during the song but without the shaker or anything else. In the settings, if you select “Music+Video+Lights” then it will mimic the gameplay light show for the songs. I just reconfirmed with Live and Let Die, which is the most obvious example. If you just select “Music Only” or “Music+Video” it will be the regular attract mode light show…which is still pretty sweet.

Can’t wait to try it!

#3260 2 years ago

I heard a clink the other day when I was playing and by the end of my game, the left side of the guitar lock wouldn't lock any balls. The rod was not returning to the 'up' position. I lifted the playfield and I saw two screws in the bottom of the cabinet. First one obviously is for the coil, which now has a broken spring that needs to be replaced. Where is the best place to get a replacement in Canada?

Second screw took a few minutes of looking around to figure out where it belongs. I got it situated where it's supposed to be again, so no worries there. The pics show where it came loose from.

IMG_1741 (resized).jpgIMG_1741 (resized).jpgIMG_1744 (resized).jpgIMG_1744 (resized).jpgIMG_1745 (resized).jpgIMG_1745 (resized).jpgIMG_1748 (resized).jpgIMG_1748 (resized).jpgIMG_1749 (resized).jpgIMG_1749 (resized).jpg
#3261 2 years ago

Not a CE LE only, But it’s an amazing pinball machine

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:Not a CE LE only, But it’s an amazing pinball machine

Love your enthusiasm and relate to your style of game play!

#3263 2 years ago

Still gold to me. I'm not selling, we love it too much.

Yeah still Gold to me as well. I had an offer for $20k I turned down. I don't want to get rid of the game. Just wish the playfield issues didn't happen. Love the game as it's a grail theme for me. It's the best and most beautiful game IMHO to date.

#3264 2 years ago

So JJP stopped the warranty on the only item that is of issue with these machines? What a joke. I guess the CE is just an expensive piece of art not meant to be touched. Long term good luck!

#3265 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So JJP stopped the warranty on the only item that is of issue with these machines? What a joke. I guess the CE is just an expensive piece of art not meant to be touched. Long term good luck!

That stinks. Was your CE effected?

#3266 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

As of when did they "stop" the warranty?

#3267 2 years ago

Someone mentioned they modified the warranty in March 21? If I am wrong, please correct me.

#3268 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Someone mentioned they modified the warranty in March 21? If I am wrong, please correct me.

Revision on the new warranty says 3.2021

See attached PDF (it's at the bottom).

JJP Warranty Rev 2021.03.21.pdfJJP Warranty Rev 2021.03.21.pdf
#3269 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

See attached PDF (it's at the bottom).[quoted image]

Those built prior to this change should be grandfathered in on the previous warranty!!!

#3270 2 years ago

Anybody what this is? Found it laying in the cabinet. Everything seems to be working.

D7694279-E71A-4DA7-92DC-75D06129DFBD (resized).jpegD7694279-E71A-4DA7-92DC-75D06129DFBD (resized).jpeg
#3271 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody what this is? Found it laying in the cabinet. Everything seems to be working.
[quoted image]

Part #12

dfdfd (resized).jpgdfdfd (resized).jpg
#3272 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

See attached PDF (it's at the bottom).[quoted image]

“This Limited Warranty is distinct from any statutory rights under any mandatory consumer protection laws of your state or country applicable to you. It is intended to grant you specific rights and does not limit the rights you may have under applicable statutory product warranty provisions. You may have other rights based on local laws during or after the Warranty Period. These rights are not excluded by this Limited”

#3273 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Those built prior to this change should be grandfathered in on the previous warranty!!!

Here’s a seemingly older one from before (right before the GnR launch) for reference.

JJP Warranty Rev 9.20.pdfJJP Warranty Rev 9.20.pdf
#3274 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Those is California don’t need to be grandfathered in, State laws covers you regardless. If you’re outside of California, hopefully you have something similar.

Section 1793.03 of the Lemon Law stipulates that any manufacturer of a TV, stereo, computer or similar electronic device worth at least $100 “shall make available to service and repair facilities … functional parts to effect the repair of a product for at least seven years after the date a product model or type was manufactured.”

#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here’s a seemingly older one from before (right before the GnR launch) for reference.
[quoted image]

I’d use that one in court, regardless of what JJP posted now

#3276 2 years ago

Those is California don’t need to be grandfathered in, State laws covers you regardless. If you’re outside of California, hopefully you have something similar.
Section 1793.03 of the Lemon Law stipulates that any manufacturer of a TV, stereo, computer or similar electronic device worth at least $100 “shall make available to service and repair facilities … functional parts to effect the repair of a product for at least seven years after the date a product model or type was manufactured.”

Don’t understand your position on this as to how it pertains to the issue. Yes they need to have parts available for sale for 7 years. Why does that matter in the topic of a failed playfield?

#3277 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t understand your position on this as to how it pertains to the issue. Yes they need to have parts available for sale for 7 years. Why does that matter in the topic of a failed playfield?

The whole pinball machine would get remedied per California law. Plain & Simple. 3 strikes your out. If JJP can’t solve the issue after 3 attempts then you get all your money back. So JJP ignoring a remedy in California will get them a full bill for the amount you paid. How do I know? I’ve done this before, so it’s not a myth, it’s the law

#3278 2 years ago

You're correct - although we only have 35 plays on our CE, our attorney referenced the CA Consumer Protection Act as foundation for requesting formal relief from JJP should the need arise (one of the only benefits of living in CA). I rarely post, but I'm confident there are many more folks similar to me prepared to take action. I'm not okay being lied to and won't bat an eye dropping coin on legal fees if/when we experience playfield issues.

#3279 2 years ago

The whole pinball machine would get remedied per California law. Plain & Simple. 3 strikes your out. If JJP can’t solve the issue after 3 attempts then you get all your money back. So JJP ignoring a remedy in California will get them a full bill for the amount you paid. How do I know? I’ve done this before, so it’s not a myth, it’s the law

But JJP has a no refund policy. Are you saying that company “policy” doesn’t trump legislation?

#3280 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But JJP has a no refund policy. Are you saying that company “policy” doesn’t trump legislation?

Yes, State law trumps anything you write up in a warranty. This is only California I’m referring to though, I’m not aware of any laws in other states. BTW, just to show you it has weight, my distributor offered a refund which I didn’t accept (yet). That should tell you everything. In California they know it’s a loss. Look if your states laws, they may or not override the JJP warranty

#3281 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

You're correct - although we only have 35 plays on our CE, our attorney referenced the CA Consumer Protection Act as foundation for requesting formal relief from JJP should the need arise (one of the only benefits of living in CA). I rarely post, but I'm confident there are many more folks similar to me prepared to take action. I'm not okay being lied to and won't bat an eye dropping coin on legal fees if/when we experience playfield issues.

Yes, I rarely have anything good to say about our crazy liberal state, but this one works in our favor when it comes to deadbeat companies like JJP

#3282 2 years ago

Yes, I rarely have anything good to say about our crazy liberal state, but this one works in our favor when it comes to deadbeat companies like JJP

We have a 2 year warranty law over here in Europe. That should keep us covered for the near future.

#3283 2 years ago

Yes, State law trumps anything you write up in a warranty. This is only California I’m referring to though, I’m not aware of any laws in other states. BTW, just to show you it has weight, my distributor offered a refund which I didn’t accept (yet). That should tell you everything. In California they know it’s a loss. Look if your states laws, they may or not override the JJP warranty

You were offered a refund because JJP communicated with their distributors and told them this. FULL REFUNDS if you want. They know the people who have CE’s aren’t going to do this. Good way for them to get out of this jam they are in.

#3284 2 years ago

Just got my CE setup last night. The one led strip behead the head - only 4 of the lights are lite. When you power on the machine the entire strip lights up, but when it’s finished starting up - Only the 4 lights are lite. The other side - all leds are on. Any ideas?

AD559259-14D3-4B0D-9C12-DC5761C5059C (resized).jpegAD559259-14D3-4B0D-9C12-DC5761C5059C (resized).jpeg
#3285 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Just got my CE setup last night. The one led strip behead the head - only 4 of the lights are lite. When you power on the machine the entire strip lights up, but when it’s finished starting up - Only the 4 lights are lite. The other side - all leds are on. Any ideas? [quoted image]

You’ve got a bad led strip. Happens some times. If you can remove the cover and expose the strip, you might be able to resolder the copper pads, but even then, it could just be a bad strip that’s not repairable.

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You’ve got a bad led strip. Happens some times. If you can remove the cover and expose the strip, you might be able to resolder the copper pads, but even then, it could just be a bad strip that’s not repairable.

Ok. Thanks. It’s just odd that on power up they all light.

#3287 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Ok. Thanks. It’s just odd that on power up they all light.

Yes that is odd.

#3288 2 years ago

One more issue - anyone run into a problem where the update will download via WiFi - but when you go to install it either shows no progress or 100 percent in 5 seconds but never finishes? Going from 1.16 to 1.23. I’ve tried to complete this 5 times now.

17A39FA6-022E-4765-8345-B82DA16E6C79 (resized).jpeg17A39FA6-022E-4765-8345-B82DA16E6C79 (resized).jpeg
#3289 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

One more issue - anyone run into a problem where the update will download via WiFi - but when you go to install it either shows no progress or 100 percent in 5 seconds but never finishes? Going from 1.16 to 1.23. I’ve tried to complete this 5 times now.
[quoted image]

there's a 1.23?? I thought the current patch was 1.22?

#3290 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You were offered a refund because JJP communicated with their distributors and told them this. FULL REFUNDS if you want. They know the people who have CE’s aren’t going to do this. Good way for them to get out of this jam they are in.

They didn't communicate this to my distributor....I don't have any issues, but I did ask

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They didn't communicate this to my distributor....I don't have any issues, but I did ask

Inquiry is not the same as a request. If you had a proven issue my guess is they would inquire.

#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Just got my CE setup last night. The one led strip behead the head - only 4 of the lights are lite. When you power on the machine the entire strip lights up, but when it’s finished starting up - Only the 4 lights are lite. The other side - all leds are on. Any ideas? [quoted image]

From what I've been reading, it sounds like the data signal line is compromised somewhere in the strip...probably not repairable and definitely a warranty item for replacement

#3293 2 years ago

Sorry yes 1.22

#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

From what I've been reading, it sounds like the data signal line is compromised somewhere in the strip...probably not repairable and definitely a warranty item for replacement

Thanks. Yes. Put in a support ticket for it. Let’s see how that goes

#3295 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

[quoted image]

WiFi install is borked in 1.15-1.17. You have to do a USB install to get past that, then you can use the WiFi successfully.

#3296 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

WiFi install is borked in 1.15-1.17. You have to do a USB install to get past that, then you can use the WiFi successfully.

Cool Thank you. I updated it via usb - now wait for the next update!

#3297 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Thanks. Yes. Put in a support ticket for it. Let’s see how that goes

I got a pretty quick response from jjp - they had me check the wiring - I had something wrong. I made the change and it’s work. Thanks everyone.

#3298 2 years ago

This maybe a stupid question - but does Slash’s top hat do anything? I see wiring running to it. Just haven’t notice any lights or action.

#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

This maybe a stupid question - but does Slash’s top hat do anything? I see wiring running to it. Just haven’t notice any lights or action.

It's for a multicolored light that shines onto the record.

#3300 2 years ago

So yes, all of you with bad playfield issues will not be able to have any recourse against JJP if they offer you a full refund for the machine. Now what are you going to do? I would bet nothing, probably keep the machine or sell it to some sucker for 20K. Having a non issue CE and asking for a new populated playfield is not going to happen. Jersey Jack would probably take the machine back, fix it and sell it again for 25K.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.