20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 68.
#3201 2 years ago

#3202 2 years ago

Hey GnR CE people: Just FYI, we've posted an instructional video on how to use the various features of ScorbitVision.

This outlines using Scorbit for Scoreboards, Leaderboards, Comboboards, Slideshows and Streamboards.

More info in this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/5#post-6252475

#3203 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The link above says it's for oz and hobbit only
There is another one that's compatible, here's the link
https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-jjp-for-dialed-in.html
[quoted image]

Apologies you're correct. I just found the email from Dan (Britebuttons) advising.....
"You should be in good shape if ordering the set called "JJP Type 2". This is for the newer JJP machines. Don't get the kit for WOZ or Hobbit. Those are slightly different."

The set comes with instructions as to where to tap into. If you need anything else feel free to PM me! I have them in my WoZ and GnR

#3204 2 years ago

Does anyone know what size and length the 4 machine screws are on the top of the back box?

#3205 2 years ago

I’m sorry if I’ve missed it, how do you prevent balls from going straight down the middle from the left side of the guitar lock?

#3206 2 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

I’m sorry if I’ve missed it, how do you prevent balls from going straight down the middle from the left side of the guitar lock?

You need to narrow the opening between the left metal guide and the plastic guide on the right/center. I measured the gap of the opening and slightly bent the left guide inwards towards the plastic guide. This stops the balls from going down the middle. It worked for me.

#3207 2 years ago

Picked up a NIB GnR CE #361 yesterday, with a Metallica LE.

Sold my other GnR CE for stupid money.
I knew I could replace it still.

2FD8701B-C29C-44C7-93AB-6DA6AA88D75A (resized).jpeg2FD8701B-C29C-44C7-93AB-6DA6AA88D75A (resized).jpeg63F0D7F6-5275-47EF-86D9-A823CFF6C2DF (resized).jpeg63F0D7F6-5275-47EF-86D9-A823CFF6C2DF (resized).jpegF1E6202E-9BBF-427D-AB4B-0D797D152CD7 (resized).jpegF1E6202E-9BBF-427D-AB4B-0D797D152CD7 (resized).jpeg
#3208 2 years ago

Here's the reminder for those that have been patiently waiting:

The jjGnR Tibetan Breeze 3 flipper coil cooling kits will be back in the Pinmonk.com store tomorrow (Friday) at noon PST. If I get too many, I may pause them again, but they should be up for the afternoon, at the very least.

Note that these kits are ONLY for JJP GnR, not for other JJP games. With the redesigned bracket being moved to the side mount like the Spike machines, I have to customize them a bit for each JJP machine. So, for right now, for JJP it's jjGnR only. The others will be added back once I get each kit's fit verified.

#3209 2 years ago

That is a great looking Metallica to go with GNR

Quoted from pingod:

Picked up a NIB GnR CE #361 yesterday, with a Metallica LE.
Sold my other GnR CE for stupid money.
I knew I could replace it still.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#3210 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

That is a great looking Metallica to go with GNR

It was, I sold it.
New owner is happy with it though.

1 week later
#3211 2 years ago

I was hoping I would not join this particular club but I’m in. I’m pissed and sad at the same time. GNRCE with a quick look over has these issues with the playfield. Left outlane and upper playfield. I put a ticket in. Has anyone had any communication with JJP about their CE?

89D11EF6-E1D5-4A7E-BC65-2315B3602D45 (resized).jpeg89D11EF6-E1D5-4A7E-BC65-2315B3602D45 (resized).jpegA0988C29-A5BC-4896-947E-672E7C2A74EA (resized).jpegA0988C29-A5BC-4896-947E-672E7C2A74EA (resized).jpeg
#3212 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was hoping I would not join this particular club but I’m in. I’m pissed and sad at the same time. GNRCE with a quick look over has these issues with the playfield. Left outlane and upper playfield. I put a ticket in. Has anyone had any communication with JJP about their CE?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is insane. JJP needs to send you a populated playfield for a swap. Nothing less. It's not a matter of should they do that, they NEED to do it. The machine is faulty.

#3213 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That is insane. JJP needs to send you a populated playfield for a swap. Nothing less. It's not a matter of should they do that, they NEED to do it. The machine is faulty.

My Addams Gold of 27 years does not HAVE THESE ISSUES!

#3214 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The populated one wil have the exact same issue, the Mirco process is flawed, right now it's washer's, preventative maintenance, or hold off buying

#3215 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The populated one wil have the exact same issue, the Mirco process is flawed, right now it's washer's, preventative maintenance, or hold off buying

Hold off on buying isn't an option, since he already bought the machine.

As far as the populated play field having the same issue, you're right. It would. JJP needs to ditch mirco and find a new manufacturer. Then they need to stand behind these failed products and make the customer whole. If they don't start taking care of customers, this kind of customer service will eventually catch up with them. It always does.

#3216 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hold off on buying isn't an option, since he already bought the machine.
As far as the populated play field having the same issue, you're right. It would. JJP needs to ditch mirco and find a new manufacturer. Then they need to stand behind these failed products and make the customer whole. If they don't start taking care of customers, this kind of customer service will eventually catch up with them. It always does.

Slash is pretty deep into the whole process. I wonder if he's noticed his personal machine is doing the same thing. I doubt he'd be too happy about that.

#3217 2 years ago

Update on the Tibetan Breeze kits, specifically for the CE machines. I tested the bracket redesign on LEs, completely forgetting that coma lock might be an issue. It is.

SE/LE are great, but some of the CE users installing have reported that there's *not quite* enough room for the left flipper bracket and it runs up against the vertical coma lock coil bracket. So I've adjusted the fan cage 8mm and am having it tested now. I should know if this solves the issue by Fri/Sat and I can resume shipping the kits with an updated left flipper fan bracket that will work for the SE/LE/CE. Sorry about the delay!

EDIT 5/21: New bracket for CEs fits great with about 2mm to spare now between the edge of the fan housing and the coma lock bracket (See pic below). I'll be printing these for SE/LE/CE owner kits starting today so one kit will work for all models.
CE-Bracket-1-sml (resized).jpgCE-Bracket-1-sml (resized).jpg

#3218 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Update on the Tibetan Breeze kits, specifically for the CE machines. I tested the bracket redesign on LEs, completely forgetting that coma lock might be an issue. It is.
SE/LE are great, but some of the CE users installing have reported that there's *not quite* enough room for the left flipper bracket and it runs up against the vertical coma lock coil bracket. So I've adjusted the fan cage 8mm and am having it tested now. I should know if this solves the issue by Fri/Sat and I can resume shipping the kits with an updated left flipper fan bracket that will work for the SE/LE/CE. Sorry about the delay!
EDIT 5/21: New bracket for CEs fits great with about 2mm to spare now between the edge of the fan housing and the coma lock bracket (See pic below). I'll be printing these for CE owner kits starting today.[quoted image]

Please let me know when available for CE. Also the other passed off mod of the invisible wall. Thanks!

#3219 2 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Please let me know when available for CE. Also the other passed off mod of the invisible wall. Thanks!

CE-compatible Tibetan Breeze kits are shipping now, but I'm backordered and catching up with a backlog, so an order today is about a week or maybe a little more from shipping. My goal is to get the orders cleared and back to current within a week. I got hit with a triple whammy of the R&M/GnR Tibetan Breeze redesigns and a FLOOD of mylar ring orders, so everything has been going out slowly.

#3220 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CE-compatible Tibetan Breeze kits are shipping now, but I'm backordered and catching up with a backlog, so an order today is about a week or maybe a little more from shipping. My goal is to get the orders cleared and back to current within a week. I got hit with a triple whammy of the R&M/GnR Tibetan Breeze redesigns and a FLOOD of mylar ring orders, so everything has been going out slowly.

Thanks no hurry. Just need to know when I can order, not worried about delayed shipping

#3221 2 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Thanks no hurry. Just need to know when I can order, not worried about delayed shipping

I realized I didn't make it clear the R&M and jjGnR kits are on pinmonk.com, not the pinside store. Sorry about that oversight!

#3222 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just checked mine and have the same issues. Left outlane is pooled and chipped. Upper playfield has pooling as well as other places.

20210522_173024 (resized).jpg20210522_173024 (resized).jpg20210522_173027 (resized).jpg20210522_173027 (resized).jpg20210522_173035 (resized).jpg20210522_173035 (resized).jpg20210522_173052 (resized).jpg20210522_173052 (resized).jpg20210522_173553 (resized).jpg20210522_173553 (resized).jpg20210522_174311 (resized).jpg20210522_174311 (resized).jpg
#3223 2 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Just checked mine and have the same issues. Left outlane is pooled and chipped. Upper playfield has pooling as well as other places. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hot dam these CE’s are turning into a hot mess. Sorry to see that. That there is some no excuse refund.

#3224 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hot dam these CE’s are turning into a hot mess. Sorry to see that. That there is some no excuse refund.

I tried your vinyl iron method. Didn't work as well as POTC. If just a little pooled it made a little difference. Any chipping and it's a fucking mess. Put some mylar circles down for now. Not sure what to do.

20210522_181243 (resized).jpg20210522_181243 (resized).jpg20210522_181246 (resized).jpg20210522_181246 (resized).jpg20210522_181306 (resized).jpg20210522_181306 (resized).jpg20210522_182023 (resized).jpg20210522_182023 (resized).jpg20210522_182026 (resized).jpg20210522_182026 (resized).jpg20210522_182528 (resized).jpg20210522_182528 (resized).jpg20210522_183214 (resized).jpg20210522_183214 (resized).jpg
#3225 2 years ago

Almost like the ink failed and the clear shattered. Sorry man I Do hope they address this and make it right.

#3226 2 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

I tried your vinyl iron method. Didn't work as well as POTC. If just a little pooled it made a little difference. Any chipping and it's a fucking mess. Put some mylar circles down for now. Not sure what to do. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If it's already chipped like that, the playfield iron doesn't work very well in my experience. I used Cliffy's carbon fiber post rings to cover it up and seal it down.

IMG_0036.jpegIMG_0036.jpegIMG_0037.jpegIMG_0037.jpeg
#3227 2 years ago

I wonder if Eric or Slash have these issues? I would like to see their playfields. Not being mean here just curious.

#3228 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Eric or Slash have these issues?

I’ll be checking one band members game soon ... I’ll report back

#3229 2 years ago

Interesting. Thanks.
I’m about to go check mine now.

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I’ll be checking one band members game soon ... I’ll report back

#3230 2 years ago

Highclasspinball ... lots of stones being thrown regarding JJP GnR playfields pooling/cracking. Any response??

#3231 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Highclasspinball ... lots of stones being thrown regarding JJP GnR playfields pooling/cracking. Any response??

You obviously haven't been in a Mirco problem thread. He has nothing but excuses. NEVER takes responsibility for his poor work, including bad art. His "care" meter seems to be stuck at about a 5 or 6/10.

You can occasionally get a reproduction PF swap if yours is really bad, but you have to wade through the piles of BS. I have no idea why JJP has stuck with him after years of making them look bad.

#3232 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You obviously haven't been in a Mirco problem thread. He has nothing but excuses.

I’ve read his poor excuses and egotistical posts ... funny how the wheels are falling off for JJP and Mirco, yet crickets. Next week should be interesting.

#3233 2 years ago

They have so many orders it’s going to take them a year to fill them. I wouldn’t call that the wheels falling off.

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I’ve read his poor excuses and egotistical posts ... funny how the wheels are falling off for JJP and Mirco, yet crickets. Next week should be interesting.

#3234 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

As long as JJP has a years worth of backorders and Mirco is still selling playfields to them, the wheels are on the bus. But the shine is definitely coming off the JJP customer experience, that's for sure.

I REALLY HOPE JJP is already looking at Mirco exit strategies to activate sooner rather than later.

#3235 2 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

I tried your vinyl iron method. Didn't work as well as POTC. If just a little pooled it made a little difference. Any chipping and it's a fucking mess. Put some mylar circles down for now. Not sure what to do. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Surely there are consumer laws that you can get a full refund?

Either that or a populated playfield.

That is totally shocking.

#3236 2 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

I’m sorry to see this affecting you too. That looks terrible.

#3237 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it's already chipped like that, the playfield iron doesn't work very well in my experience. I used Cliffy's carbon fiber post rings to cover it up and seal it down.
[quoted image][quoted image]

But what if it’s chipped, and the play field is peeled up and elevated so the washer won’t lie flat?

#3238 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But what if it’s chipped, and the play field is peeled up and elevated so the washer won’t lie flat?

JJP will send you some sandpaper + adhesive washers.

#3239 2 years ago

Oh man... I so badly want this game but seeing this makes me happy I couldn’t pull the trigger financially...

It’s really sad to see so many CE owners receive such a shitty quality for sure!
What’s even more surprising is the lack of customer support here!
Where are the replacement playfields?
Owners should receive a fully populated replacement for sure!

And the other question will be is will this affect every other post on the game and is this a widespread issue many haven t discovered yet?
As I know a collector who has pooling on his WW and cracking on his GnR but doesn’t seem to notice it himself... it’s crazy!

#3240 2 years ago

It's a beautiful looking pin.

It's a crime that this is happening to that playfield.
I'm not in the ce/le money level but I can't imagine
spending that much and not even getting a reasonable
response from the manufacturer.

It boggles the mind. Hope everyone gets remedied some
kind of way.

#3241 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

JJP will send you some sandpaper + adhesive washers.

Sandpaper?

Is that a joke? One… it’s not a solution. Two… it’s a token gesture to deliver a farcical solution as everyone has sandpaper.

#3242 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Iron or just pull it off if it’s loose, which it likely is.

#3243 2 years ago

I wouldn’t call that the wheels falling off.</blockquote

Not financially, yet, but bad news really puts a black eye and spotlight on both Mirco and JJP. JJP can find another playfield manufacturer, and should ASAP! Hit up Peter and team in Germany; they make amazing playfields with out all this mess. Mirco can’t survive without JJP, so yes, wheels can start falling off the bus.

#3244 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Surely there are consumer laws that you can get a full refund?
Either that or a populated playfield.
That is totally shocking.

Not in the US. Although I don't want a refund. Sure I could sell it as is for more than I bought It for. At this point I would accept just an unpopulated playfield so I could keep it my my closet for a year to cure. Then just swap everything over later down the road and hope for the best.

#3245 2 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Not in the US. Although I don't want a refund. Sure I could sell it as is for more than I bought It for. At this point I would accept just an unpopulated playfield so I could keep it my my closet for a year to cure. Then just swap everything over later down the road and hope for the best.

I think that MasterCard purchases allow for a chargeback for a defective product, up to 120 days from date of delivery (NOT purchase).

Reference, page 234 of the chargeback guide: https://www.mastercard.us/content/dam/mccom/global/documents/chargeback-guide.pdf

-Not financial advice.

E7A1BFE2-0DB4-4715-B6AA-9F5A162CF6AA (resized).jpegE7A1BFE2-0DB4-4715-B6AA-9F5A162CF6AA (resized).jpeg
#3246 2 years ago

Everyone who was able to get a GnR CE thought they were sitting on gold, now it is a pile of crap lol...The easy fix is to just sell it to another member at cost. I am sure that is going to happen, NOT. A charge back just means you still want it. Maybe JJP will create a new Super CE with working play fields =)

On the other hand, JJP machines are not really made to play, they should be treated as a work of art. Imagine an operator putting one of these on location. Awful.

I saw a GnR the other day and noticed the metal ramp design. Is it just me or do they seem flimsy and will wear terribly over time on the middle section the ball tracks over?

#3247 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Everyone who was able to get a GnR CE thought they were sitting on gold, now it is a pile of crap lol

Still gold to me. I'm not selling, we love it too much.

Quoted from wackenhut:

I saw a GnR the other day and noticed the metal ramp design. Is it just me or do they seem flimsy and will wear terribly over time on the middle section the ball tracks over?

No, the catwalk ramps are quite substantial and they don't wear a groove (at least mine haven't 3200 plays or so in.). I wipe them with alcohol when I clean and they look new.

#3248 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Everyone who was able to get a GnR CE thought they were sitting on gold, now it is a pile of crap lol...The easy fix is to just sell it to another member at cost. I am sure that is going to happen, NOT. A charge back just means you still want it. Maybe JJP will create a new Super CE with working play fields =)
On the other hand, JJP machines are not really made to play, they should be treated as a work of art. Imagine an operator putting one of these on location. Awful.

We put a jjPotC on location on the route I helped with. It was the top earner the whole time it was out, even at $1.50/4 ball games. Had similar issues to jjGnR, though not as severe. Jack made it right (well, right as he could, considering it was still crap Mirco) by sending a spare playfield. That's the main reason I'm surprised JJP has made a hard turn into "pound sand" for affected jjGnR owners.

#3249 2 years ago

3,200 games in is quite substantial!

#3250 2 years ago

Is there a thread for all the pooling areas to check?
Took a look at my left out lane and I noticed it is just starting.
I think I can fix it with a washer.
Could someone help me with washer size and other areas I should check?
Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/65?hl=player-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.