20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 68.
#3101 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Please sell me this

+1 here here

#3103 3 years ago

Count me in if you’re going to sell this.

#3104 3 years ago

How frequent are SDTM out of the pops? Roughly 50% of the balls out of the pops (via the Slash spinner), that make no contact with any other standing part, are SDTM for me.

Level from left to right is between 0° and 0.1°, so I’m either having extraordinarily bad luck or there is something off...

#3105 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

i have fixed that problem like this. Have not lost a ball like that since i put it in and I can barely see it when playing. Hell i had trouble finding an angle to get it on picture.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

+1 AS WELL !

#3106 3 years ago

I bet you could cut this to work. Home Depot sells for $3.50

18003BE5-A99E-4F87-9D3A-3AD63459A9E9 (resized).png18003BE5-A99E-4F87-9D3A-3AD63459A9E9 (resized).png
#3107 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I like the idea - that area is indeed a problem. I worry though about the ball striking the post at pop-bumper velocity with no rubber to absorb the impact.
I had a fix that worked by putting a clear cabinet bumper on the pop skirt such that the ball couldn't rest in that nook.
It worked well but eventually came off.
On the topic of gameplay mods...I am frequently frustrated by balls that make it on top of the left plastic then into the drain.
I have been thinking of putting a post on one of the nuts holding the plastic down, and putting a rubber on there.

Would replacing that post with a thicker post work? Maybe a star post?

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

[quoted image]

Yeah that’s not a bad idea!

#3109 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Would replacing that post with a thicker post work? Maybe a star post?

I thought about that but anything that makes the post bigger/thicker will actually worsen the problem.
The ball will rest even more comfortably on the pop skirt.

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

[quoted image]

Nice simple idea! Thanks for posting it. I will try that.

#3111 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I thought about that but anything that makes the post bigger/thicker will actually worsen the problem.
The ball will rest even more comfortably on the pop skirt.

Then no rubber at all?

#3112 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Then no rubber at all?

But then you have high pop bumper ball energy against a bare post which will not be good either.

#3113 3 years ago

Cybevenom's GnR invisiwall mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/62#post-6239408

1. zaphX
2. rrosenhouse
3. Rolls-Royce
4. TaTa
5. eharan
6. NightTrain
7. wcbrandes

#3114 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/62#post-6239408
1. zaphX
2. rrosenhouse
3. Rolls-Royce
4. TaTa
5. eharan
6. NightTrain
7. wcbrandes

8. Mattyk

#3115 3 years ago

Is this the problem a where the ball is flying into the outlane after hitting the stand up targets on the sides of the left ramp?

#3116 3 years ago

Yes

#3117 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

1. zaphX
2. rrosenhouse
3. Rolls-Royce
4. TaTa
5. eharan
6. NightTrain
7. wcbrandes

1. zaphX
2. rrosenhouse
3. Rolls-Royce
4. TaTa
5. eharan
6. NightTrain
7. wcbrandes
8. Mattyk
9. LukyDuck

#3118 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

But then you have high pop bumper ball energy against a bare post which will not be good either.

Would a cabinet bumper secured with some 3m doubleside right in front of that post help...I've tried adjusting the saucer sensitivity, but I'm pretty close on the leaf contacts as it is. It happens at least 1 time per 1 hr game session for me

#3119 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

1. zaphX
2. rrosenhouse
3. Rolls-Royce
4. TaTa
5. eharan
6. NightTrain
7. wcbrandes

1. zaphX
2. rrosenhouse
3. Rolls-Royce
4. TaTa
5. eharan
6. NightTrain
7. wcbrandes
8. Mattyk
9. LukyDuck
10. Galooch

#3120 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

1. zaphX
2. rrosenhouse
3. Rolls-Royce
4. TaTa
5. eharan
6. NightTrain
7. wcbrandes

Plus jonesjb

#3121 3 years ago

I haven’t installed it yet, but the best way to eliminate air balls off targets is this redesigned bracket:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm

#3122 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Would a cabinet bumper secured with some 3m doubleside right in front of that post help...I've tried adjusting the saucer sensitivity, but I'm pretty close on the leaf contacts as it is. It happens at least 1 time per 1 hr game session for me

Anything that makes the post thicker/taller will not help.

A cabinet bumper on the skirt, placed correctly, does help...but it has to hang halfway off the skirt to work and ends up falling off.

#3123 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Anything that makes the post thicker/taller will not help.
A cabinet bumper on the skirt, placed correctly, does help...but it has to hang halfway off the skirt to work and ends up falling off.

Did you try adding a dab of superglue?

#3124 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Did you try adding a dab of superglue?

Nope, didn't want to do anything that would permanently affect it just yet. I suppose I could order a spare skirt to experiment.

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just keep an eye out. I'll post in the thread when the orders open back up. I'm trying to keep a handle on them until I'm sure everything's kosher with the new design, so I'll probably open again, take some more orders, then close, repeat. Domestic orders from the original set are starting to go out this week.

Sounds Good..Thank You

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3126 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:Please sell me this

+1

#3127 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I bent my post back about 1.5 mm and has worked good so far. I had to remove it first. I also marked the front of the post before removing.

#3128 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

1. zaphX
2. rrosenhouse
3. Rolls-Royce
4. TaTa
5. eharan
6. NightTrain
7. wcbrandes
8. Mattyk
9. LukyDuck
10. Galooch

ehm. Are you guys trying to get a point across? Its just a little plastic i made and wanted to share how to fix it. If you want it i think i can make some more but i live in the Netherlands so shipping will be killer. Unless i can ship them all at once and have someone in the USA ship them to the rest.

#3129 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

ehm. Are you guys trying to get a point across? Its just a little plastic i made and wanted to share how to fix it. If you want it i think i can make some more but i live in the Netherlands so shipping will be killer. Unless i can ship them all at once and have someone in the USA ship them to the rest.

tenor.pngtenor.png
#3130 3 years ago

Put me down for 2 as a friend wants one

#3131 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Ah, I think we like to see our name on a list! Especially if it is in the Top 10!

#3132 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Put me down for 2 as a friend wants one

Guess i will be making a one of batch for my fellow Gunners here.

#3133 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Guess i will be making a one of batch for my fellow Gunners here.

Thanks!! Not all heroes wear capes!

#3134 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks!! Not all heroes wear capes!

I would look ridiculous in a cape. No captain pinball here. But heck, I enjoy your stream alot as well Derek and if i can relieve some frustration of an unfair drain i am happy to do my part. I gotta say i was surprised about the reactions to my humble sollution.

#3135 3 years ago

Add me to the list! Would take one as well.

#3136 3 years ago

Add take two if you make them. Thanks

#3137 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That looks right. It says the partition scheme is master boot record and you have the name right. You've formatted it to MSDOS-Fat, too.
Did you open the ISO and copy the files to the root of the USB drive now?

you don’t do that. You use unetbootin you do not copy the iso files as it needs to create a boot sector on the usb drive. It won’t boot otherwise with uefi or legacy.

#3138 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

you don’t do that. You use unetbootin you do not copy the iso files as it needs to create a boot sector on the usb drive. It won’t boot otherwise with uefi or legacy.

ubootnet in for Mac. It's what's for lunch.

#3139 3 years ago

Though I don’t have my game yet, I’ll take one as well.

#3140 3 years ago

Since we ordering, I’ll take one. Medium rare with sweet potato.

#3141 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On a MAC?? I don't think so...
Check the pictures. It's a Mac. Different process than a Win/PC.

Yes on a mac. Drenden is correct. Know how I know? I wrote the update mechanism.

Use unetbootin, Rufus, balenaetcher, etc. Doesn’t matter mac or pc. The boot sector on the usb stick must be created. The only way copying the files from an iso would work is if there was an existing boot sector from a previous use already there but that inadvisable as operation system versions change.

#3142 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yes on a mac. Drenden is correct. Know how I know? I wrote the update mechanism.
Use unetbootin, Rufus, balenaetcher, etc. Doesn’t matter mac or pc. The boot sector on the usb stick must be created. The only way copying the files from an iso would work is if there was an existing boot sector from a previous use already there but that inadvisable as operation system versions change.

Might want to tell lloyd. I was just referring his instructions here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/59#post-6199551

#3143 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was just referring his instructions here:

Not mine. Someone else made them up and posted on Pinside. I've copied and pasted them on Pinside to try and help MAC users.

LTG : )

#3144 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not mine. Someone else made them up and posted on Pinside. I've copied and pasted them on Pinside to try and help MAC users.
LTG : )

We're both playing a dangerous game of telephone with Cricket mobile service inside a building, then.

#3145 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:Please sell me this

I don’t know what it does or doesn’t do but I need one... +1

#3146 3 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I don’t know what it does or doesn’t do but I need one... +1

Put me down for one too please!

#3148 3 years ago

01. zaphX (2)
02. rrosenhouse
03. Rolls-Royce
04. TaTa
05. eharan
06. NightTrain
07. wcbrandes
08. Mattyk
09. LukyDuck
10. Galooch
11. jonesjb
12. LJH
13. Vitty
14. JoeinNJ(2)
15. Vyzer2
16. Dallas_Pin
17. bsobie
18. MT45
19. bemmett
20. fnosm

#3149 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

01. zaphX (2)
02. rrosenhouse
03. Rolls-Royce
04. TaTa
05. eharan
06. NightTrain
07. wcbrandes
08. Mattyk
09. LukyDuck
10. Galooch
11. jonesjb
12. LJH
13. Vitty
14. JoeinNJ(2)
15. Vyzer2
16. Dallas_Pin
17. bsobie
18. MT45
19. bemmett
20. fnosm

Ok so cybevenom and I have started talking about how this will work.
There will be a single batch of 25 units of which I am taking two, leaving 23 slots (the list is almost full here.)

I am buying the lot from him directly, then will resell them to the list members for cost+shipping.
I'm intentionally not making a profit on these sales.

I don't know pricing yet but will update when I do.

My preferred mechanism of payment is Apple Pay (built into iMessage) so if you have an iPhone that's ideal.
I don't take PayPal, period. Sorry, but I don't trust them with my bank account.
If you can't use Apple Pay we'll figure something out (mail me a check or something.)

These will be US only.

It's clear there is a demand for this product so hopefully someone who deals in custom plastics for pinball (looking at you PinballLife!) will run with this.

#3150 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok so cybevenom and I have started talking about how this will work.
There will be a single batch of 25 units of which I am taking two, leaving 23 slots (the list is almost full here.)
I am buying the lot from him directly, then will resell them to the list members for cost+shipping.
I'm intentionally not making a profit on these sales.
I don't know pricing yet but will update when I do.
My preferred mechanism of payment is Apple Pay (built into iMessage) so if you have an iPhone that's ideal.
I don't take PayPal, period. Sorry, but I don't trust them with my bank account.
If you can't use Apple Pay we'll figure something out (mail me a check or something.)
These will be US only.
It's clear there is a demand for this product so hopefully someone who deals in custom plastics for pinball (looking at you PinballLife!) will run with this.

I’ll take one. Need more plastic in my life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/63?hl=bsobie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.