20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 68.
#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

23 during regular play getting members and then bumped to 27 during song modes for me

Wow...maybe something is different with some other settings on my machine. That would be extremely loud and probably a bit distorted sounding.

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Wow...maybe something is different with some other settings on my machine. That would be extremely loud and probably a bit distorted sounding.

I have a CE , Maybe with the soundbar it is lower but clearer at them levels . Mine is Stock CE sound however so i am content without adding a thing .

If it was At My Friend Chuck's, it would be set to 30 something as he likes to blow out eardrums..Lol

#3003 3 years ago

Karl DeAngelo is streaming GnR with the flipper cooling bracket redesign this morning to make sure it holds temps as well as the other design:

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

So far, so good. 116F peak temp, cooled, 1 hour in.
karl-2021-04-03 (resized).jpgkarl-2021-04-03 (resized).jpg

#3004 3 years ago

Has anyone had the spinning record sink and the ball get stuck?

#3005 3 years ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Has anyone had the spinning record sink and the ball get stuck?

Has anybody heard of loosening the big plastic nut under the playfield and screwing the record back up so it's level with the playfield and then retightening the big plastic nut ?

LTG : )

#3006 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Has anybody heard of loosening the big plastic nut under the playfield and screwing the record back up so it's level with the playfield and then retightening the big plastic nut ?

Page 129 in the manual, part #8 . You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support under Downloads under Guns & Roses.

#3007 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Snippy today Mr! lol

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Snippy today Mr! lol

No. Tough weekend. Yesterday was not a fun day and it's late and I'm tired.

#3009 3 years ago

I am getting my CE delivered tomorrow. I really don't want to back through 60 pages in this thread. Has anyone put a check list together before playing.

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

I am getting my CE delivered tomorrow. I really don't want to back through 60 pages in this thread. Has anyone put a check list together before playing.

Following. I'm getting my delivered tomorrow too! What number are you?

#3011 3 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

Well here's a shot.

1. Check all switches in switch test, correct gaps on ones that are stuck closed (pyro sling switch was too close for me).
2. Make sure all the coil stop screws are tight as well as the ones for the diverter stop plate mech.
3. Make sure the 2 hex screws on the left ramp diverter don't contact the playfield when it's lowered, adjust if needed.
4. If the ball falls backward through the one-way gate on the shooter lane, add washers to lower it.
5. If the shooter is too weak to make the backstop, check the tip and external spring and replace with 3/4 if needed.
6. When wiring the speakers on the CE topper, the plugs are opposite where you think they should be. (Plug them into the furthest plugs not the ones closest to the speakers.)

All easy stuff! Enjoy the new CE.

#3012 3 years ago

Just curious, if you opt in for the beta code, can you easily switch back and forth from it to the regular code?

#3013 3 years ago

I sort of wish the game would tell me what songs I've played all the way through to encore, and unlock some kind of achievement when you do that.

I've been trying to play through Coma, but haven't made it to the end yet. (I love the last 2 minutes or so of that song)

#3014 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Just curious, if you opt in for the beta code, can you easily switch back and forth from it to the regular code?

No. You'd have to reload what was in your game before the beta went in.

#3015 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. You'd have to reload what was in your game before the beta went in.

Cool, thank you Lloyd.

#3016 3 years ago

So im on Code 1.12.

Havent messed with any wifi settings yet.

But i attempted to just do a full 1.21 code replacement. It got stuck at 33% installed onto the USB. USB is 16gb.

Im assuming i should just try a different a usb.

#3017 3 years ago

Also is there a score advantage to not changing the song and just going with the one that is lit as you start the song. ?

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

It got stuck at 33% installed onto the USB. USB is 16gb.

Are you sure it got stuck ? Or taking a LONG time to load that section ?

#3019 3 years ago

Seem to be stuck on a wifi update.
Any advice?

9746C122-A04B-4782-9C47-D3CADA8F9A5D (resized).jpeg9746C122-A04B-4782-9C47-D3CADA8F9A5D (resized).jpeg
#3020 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Seem to be stuck on a wifi update.
Any advice?

Turn off. Try again. Close coin door when it's running.

#3021 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well here's a shot.
1. Check all switches in switch test, correct gaps on ones that are stuck closed (pyro sling switch was too close for me).
2. Make sure all the coil stop screws are tight as well as the ones for the diverter stop plate mech.
3. Make sure the 2 hex screws on the left ramp diverter don't contact the playfield when it's lowered, adjust if needed.
4. If the ball falls backward through the one-way gate on the shooter lane, add washers to lower it.
5. If the shooter is too weak to make the backstop, check the tip and external spring and replace with 3/4 if needed.
6. When wiring the speakers on the CE topper, the plugs are opposite where you think they should be. (Plug them into the furthest plugs not the ones closest to the speakers.)
All easy stuff! Enjoy the new CE.

I had to Calibrate Sensors in settings. The piano switch kept firing. Easy fix. Remove foam from tilt.

Narrow the outlanes. They are brutal. Increase ball save to 10 seconds. Add 60 sec timer to dirty robot mode. It was set to infinite. Level it. I'm on 1 line up. That's it.

The game is super addictive. Fast.

#3022 3 years ago

Now I’m stuck here...

7E5FCAA9-0CEE-4D5A-89F2-E6203152BCEE (resized).jpeg7E5FCAA9-0CEE-4D5A-89F2-E6203152BCEE (resized).jpeg
#3023 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Now I’m stuck here...

If you can turn the game off. Power back up, and the game is fine. Then try a USB update.

#3024 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are you sure it got stuck ? Or taking a LONG time to load that section ?

yeah it got stuck i tried a different usb stick and it worked. Thanks all.

#3025 3 years ago
FAF6A93A-A180-479F-8280-AD193D1473EA (resized).jpegFAF6A93A-A180-479F-8280-AD193D1473EA (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3026 3 years ago

Do I add it all to the USB?

#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Also is there a score advantage to not changing the song and just going with the one that is lit as you start the song. ?

Yes you start on a higher song level if you don’t change it.

#3028 3 years ago

My CE arrived this week and I've been having a blast playing it. I do notice a shot to the right orbit will glean the top of the left slingshot. The ball guide seems to be very fixed, any advice on how to fix this?

#3029 3 years ago

Seems stuck in this update every time I turn on?
Is there a way to just exit the update and play as is?
I can’t seem to figure out how to extract the file.
I downloaded it, but the utility program seems to be giving me trouble

Quoted from LTG:

If you can turn the game off. Power back up, and the game is fine. Then try a USB update.

#3030 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Seems stuck in this update every time I turn on?
Is there a way to just exit the update and play as is?
I can’t seem to figure out how to extract the file.
I downloaded it, but the utility program seems to be giving me trouble

Are you windows or mac?

Removing the USB drive should allow you to boot into the old version, unless you were doing a wifi update, maybe?

#3031 3 years ago

Mac user,
It’s stuck in the wifi mode.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you windows or mac?
Removing the USB drive should allow you to boot into the old version, unless you were doing a wifi update, maybe?

#3032 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Mac user,
It’s stuck in the wifi mode.

Click on the topic index at the top of any page in this thread and click on the one that says "TECH: Mac new version full install instructions"

It has the step-by-step instructions for getting your bootable USB thumb drive configured correctly on a Mac.

If you do all that and your USB still won't boot, try hooking a USB keyboard to the computer in the backbox and going into the motherboard BIOS settings at reboot (hit F2 while booting) and check the boot order. USB MUST be before the hard disk in the list. In at least one case it was not, and that's why a full USB install didn't work.

#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

step-by-step instructions for getting your bootable USB thumb drive configured correctly on a Mac.

Not me. Some one posted them.

MAC FULL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1
-- Download the full install .iso file

Step 2
-- Start Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities,
or type "disk utility" into the spotlight search bar (magnifying glass in upper right of screen)
-- If needed, click on "View - Show All Devices" to see all of the devices and their volumes on the left side.

Step 3
-- Insert USB stick, and once it appears in the sidebar of Disk Utility, highlight the device name, not the volume name.
-- Click "Erase" button and set the format to "MS-DOS(FAT)" using scheme "Master Boot Record" with name "JJPUSB"
-- Click "Erase" to start the formatting process.

Step 4
-- Double-click the previously downloaded .iso image file from Step 1
-- This should mount the iso file and open a Finder window showing its contents

Step 5
-- Open another Finder window and on the left side click on the name of the USB stick you formatted in Step 3,
which should show a blank window because there are no files on it yet.

Step 6
-- Select all of the files in the iso file Finder window from Step 4, and drag them into the empty Finder window
from Step 5. This will take some time (20-30 minutes) to complete.

Step 7
-- Once the copy is complete, click on the little "eject" triangles next to the iso image name and the USB stick name
on the left of a Finder window.
-- Once the names disappear from the Finder window, remove the USB stick from the computer.

Step 8
-- Use the USB stick to install the new version in your game, etc.

#3034 3 years ago

Thanks fellas, I’ll give it a go!

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not me. Some one posted them.
MAC FULL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
<snip>

Well, since you posted it and it seemed to help the Macraelites, I figured that was good enough to make it a tech link for the topic index.

#3036 3 years ago

This is what I get now

4E5551EE-48CB-47C4-90DD-3FAE2559034D (resized).jpeg4E5551EE-48CB-47C4-90DD-3FAE2559034D (resized).jpeg
#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

This is what I get now
[quoted image]

Did you do this step EXACTLY:
"Click "Erase" button
1. Set the format to "MS-DOS(FAT)"
1a using scheme "Master Boot Record"
1b with name "JJPUSB""

Master Boot Record is important because if you're not using that mode when you format on that step, the USB won't boot in the pinball machine.

Did you check your boot order in the BIOS?

What size and brand USB drive are you using?

Is your USB drive plugged into the USB extension cord or directly in the back of the computer in the backbox?

#3038 3 years ago

I’m plugging into the cord in the coin box.
The format is MS-DOS
But I don’t see a
1b option for “master bootrecord”
Also,
Do I name the USB “JJPUSB” ?
While it’s being erased?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you do this step EXACTLY:
"Click "Erase" button
1. Set the format to "MS-DOS(FAT)"
1a using scheme "Master Boot Record"
1b with name "JJPUSB""
Master Boot Record is important because if you're not using that mode when you format on that step, the USB won't boot in the pinball machine.
Did you check your boot order in the BIOS?
What size and brand USB drive are you using?
Is your USB drive plugged into the USB extension cord or directly in the back of the computer in the backbox?

#3039 3 years ago

Just a thought, but I was having update issues with our CE. Hard wired the internet connection with a Cat 7 patch cord and it's lightning fast with zero update issues. If you have the ability to hard wire the game, give it a shot (ethernet connection is located lower right bottom of the metal CPU case in the backbox).

#3040 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I’m plugging into the cord in the coin box.
The format is MS-DOS
But I don’t see a
1b option for “master bootrecord”
Also,
Do I name the USB “JJPUSB” ?
While it’s being erased?

If you're not setting a master boot record option, you're not making a bootable USB. I didn't make Mac instructions, but people that have followed them EXACTLY have had success. Maybe post a screenshot of the "erase" box so I can see what you're seeing?

Also, did you check to make sure that your USB extension cable is firmly connected to the computer in the backbox on the other end?

#3041 3 years ago

I will make a photo of the screen and check the connection in box. Thank you.

Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're not setting a master boot record option, you're not making a bootable USB. I didn't make Mac instructions, but people that have followed them EXACTLY have had success. Maybe post a screenshot of the "erase" box so I can see what you're seeing?
Also, did you check to make sure that your USB extension cable is firmly connected to the computer in the backbox on the other end?

#3042 3 years ago

This is the format screen.

21A1B5A9-0C4F-48DE-B931-EEC62F621118 (resized).jpeg21A1B5A9-0C4F-48DE-B931-EEC62F621118 (resized).jpeg
#3043 3 years ago

PinMonk thank you for your help.

#3044 3 years ago
491B52E2-3E78-4A17-9D2B-E6A80073B88B (resized).jpeg491B52E2-3E78-4A17-9D2B-E6A80073B88B (resized).jpeg
#3045 3 years ago

That looks right. It says the partition scheme is master boot record and you have the name right. You've formatted it to MSDOS-Fat, too.

Did you open the ISO and copy the files to the root of the USB drive now?

#3046 3 years ago

I’m gonna delete and download the file again.

Quoted from PinMonk:

That looks right. It says the partition scheme is master boot record and you have the name right. You've formatted it to MSDOS-Fat, too.
Did you open the ISO and copy the files to the root of the USB drive now?

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I’m gonna delete and download the file again.

Did you make sure the USB extension cable is plugged in tightly at the computer in the head?

#3048 3 years ago

Finally opened and setup my gnr ce , out of my jjp collection this is a very nice looking machine , playfield full of sparkle . Only negative I would say is the card with the autographs, wish it was nicer and actually installed like the plaque similar to wonka

#3049 3 years ago

Yes I did. I pilled the lcd out and made sure all black cables were attached firmly,
I will attempt again tonight.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you make sure the USB extension cable is plugged in tightly at the computer in the head?

#3050 3 years ago

Thank you everyone for your help and attention.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/61?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.