20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 68.
#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Is the opening shot supposed to be different on this game? The plunger seems weak. The game itself is a masterpiece. Unbelievable!

Yes it’s weak intentionally... but you only need to change the (external) spring on the CE and only if you can’t hit the end target with a full plunge.

#2952 2 years ago

CE's must be finished, and last ones are getting boxed up as the LEs are back on the line this morning !

Screenshot_20210331-081113_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210331-081113_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2953 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Of course CEs are more valuable than LEs, but no more fun and LEs look amazing. If your stupid or vacuous enough to pay 20k for a CE, then I guess that is your choice, but I think it makes you look like a dickhead.

Wow... Sounds like you are a bit envious?! I purchased the CE specifically for the artwork. Going up in value is just a bonus. Never leaving my house anytime soon and never had the thought of ever trying to flip it for profit.

#2954 2 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I purchased the CE specifically for the artwork.

+1 Same Here

Taste is personal.
To me the LE loses the beauty contest hands down.
I even prefer the SE cabinet to the LE.
Not that I don't like the posters, because I do like the posters a lot.
I just think that as presented the LE is the least attractive of the bunch.

#2955 2 years ago

I’ve gotta agree with this. I don’t like the posters plastered all over the side. It looks too busy. I love the powder coating, but the art just kills the LE for me.

CE for the win.

#2956 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’ve gotta agree with this. I don’t like the posters plastered all over the side. It looks too busy. I love the powder coating, but the art just kills the LE for me.
CE for the win.

I love those posters to be honest, I thought that the LE was the CE because of that when I saw the pics for the 1st time. The LE is a beautiful machine in my POV..... but I insist... the goddamned Coma Lock should have been in all 3 games man! There’s no reason to leave that nice touch just for the CE.

... each night this game gives me a lot of happiness NightTrain , my purple CE is bolted 100% in my house besides WOZ Yellow Brick Road, period!

#2957 2 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Wow... Sounds like you are a bit envious?! I purchased the CE specifically for the artwork. Going up in value is just a bonus. Never leaving my house anytime soon and never had the thought of ever trying to flip it for profit.

Quoted from fnosm:

+1 Same Here
Taste is personal.
To me the LE loses the beauty contest hands down.
I even prefer the SE cabinet to the LE.
Not that I don't like the posters, because I do like the posters a lot.
I just think that as presented the LE is the least attractive of the bunch.

Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I love those posters to be honest, I thought that the LE was the CE because of that when I saw the pics for the 1st time. The LE is a beautiful machine in my POV..... but I insist... the goddamned Coma Lock should have been in all 3 games man! There’s no reason to leave that nice touch just for the CE.
... each night this game gives me a lot of happiness NightTrain , my purple CE is bolted 100% in my house besides WOZ Yellow Brick Road, period!

Congrats on the CEs!

#2958 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

That’s the beautiful thing about JJP GNR. There is a game for everybody’s taste and price level!

#2959 2 years ago

My upper playfield flipper is sticking on several times per game. Any ideas why? I have to hit the flipper button several times to get it unstuck. The bottom flipper does not stick when this happens.

#2960 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

My upper playfield flipper is sticking on several times per game.

I'd check that the coil stop is on tight. And the flipper bat has a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth )

I'd check the leaf blade switch on the flipper button, be sure the one farthest from the button isn't sticking of adjusted too close.

LTG : )

#2961 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

My upper playfield flipper is sticking on several times per game. Any ideas why? I have to hit the flipper button several times to get it unstuck. The bottom flipper does not stick when this happens.

Loose/broken coil stop, bad/worn coil sleeve, or flipper bushing gap is too tight.

#2962 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Unlikely but some folks have had the metal guide up there rubbing on the flipper rubber - it was tight enough on a few to cut the rubber, check that too

#2963 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Make sure the flipper rubber isn't digging into the ball guide and sticking. Very common on the upper PF. Adjust the ball guide or get a Superband (thinner).

#2964 2 years ago

Does anyone else have issues with SDTM from the guitar locks? My playfield appears to be level, and the pitch is about 6.7. About half of the balls released go SDTM instead of being diverted slightly to the left and right when they are dropped.

#2965 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Does anyone else have issues with SDTM from the guitar locks? My playfield appears to be level, and the pitch is about 6.7. About half of the balls released go SDTM instead of being diverted slightly to the left and right when they are dropped.

I got a lot of improvement on this by *slightly* bending the metal edges of the guitar neck inward.
The idea is to make sure the ball manages to contact the triangular clear plastic on the way out, which will steer it away from the center.

#2966 2 years ago

These are not great photos but this is mine after the bends - it only takes a little bit and doesn't affect the appearance.

IMG_2924 (resized).jpegIMG_2924 (resized).jpegIMG_2925 (resized).jpegIMG_2925 (resized).jpeg
#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

i had issues with the left release going sdtm. I added a small piece of foam on the rail so that when the ball is released it hits the foam and deflects.

#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

These are not great photos but this is mine after the bends - it only takes a little bit and doesn't affect the appearance.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the responses, any chance you can circle exactly what you slightly bent?

@lermods, that's a good idea too. Thanks

#2969 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Thanks for the responses, any chance you can circle exactly what you slightly bent?
Lermods, that's a good idea too. Thanks

The metal sides of the guitar neck. There are only two of them.

#2970 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Just squeeze them in a little bit. This picture is -after- I did the bend but hopefully it helps you find the metal rails.

IMG_2951.jpegIMG_2951.jpeg
#2971 2 years ago

I got confirmation this morning my CE will be delivered next week.

#2972 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just squeeze them in a little bit. This picture is -after- I did the bend but hopefully it helps you find the metal rails.
[quoted image]

Interesting, thats not what I was thinking and not sure if that would actually address my issue on the left ball drop SDTM. Thank you though. Lemons suggestion would bump it out to the left some the way I think.

#2973 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Interesting, thats not what I was thinking and not sure if that would actually address my issue on the left ball drop SDTM. Thank you though. Lemons suggestion would bump it out to the left some the way I think.

It's counter-intuitive, but if the rail is too far to the outside edge, the ball leans against the edge/post at rest, and drops without contacting and being steered by the center plastic.

That's my theory anyway and worked for me.

#2974 2 years ago

Still have not tweaked a thing but i have two things i will need to check on . One is the right ramp. sometimes my strong flipper strength flys that ball up so fast it rejects .
Two- The bottom right Pop Bumper may need to be more sensitive because sometimes the ball get stuck at the top right at that Post that sits right to the Pop Bumper .
Curious ive seen no other people comment on this . Perhaps it is just on mine , No big deal on both though and i feel that this game is 100 percent bolted to my floor as well !! And the extra 3k for the Sparkle Playfield ,Coma lock and topper soundbar was worth every cent

#2975 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Still have not tweaked a thing but i have two things i will need to check on . One is the right ramp. sometimes my strong flipper strength flys that ball up so fast it rejects .
Two- The bottom right Pop Bumper may need to be more sensitive because sometimes the ball get stuck at the top right at that Post that sits right to the Pop Bumper .
Curious ive seen no other people comment on this . Perhaps it is just on mine , No big deal on both though and i feel that this game is 100 percent bolted to my floor as well !! And the extra 3k for the Sparkle Playfield ,Coma lock and topper soundbar was worth every cent

mine also gets stuck at that same place just right of that pop bumper! Any small fix anyone has done on that?

#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

mine also gets stuck at that same place just right of that pop bumper! Any small fix anyone has done on that?

I stuck a cabinet bumper on the pop skirt which kinda worked but it didn't stay put. Still seeking a fix.

#2977 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's counter-intuitive, but if the rail is too far to the outside edge, the ball leans against the edge/post at rest, and drops without contacting and being steered by the center plastic.
That's my theory anyway and worked for me.

Ahh, I follow you

#2978 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Ahh, I follow you

Worked perfectly. Negligible bend to that left rail sends it to the left flipper as expected. Thanks again

#2979 2 years ago

Has anyone hooked up an external subwoofer (i.e., Polk sub) to their GnR? Any issues? I'm always nervous to do that after reading posts a while back where it affected the lights in WoZ, etc.

#2980 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Has anyone hooked up an external subwoofer (i.e., Polk sub) to their GnR? Any issues? I'm always nervous to do that after reading posts a while back where it affected the lights in WoZ, etc.

i added a JBL subwoofer via clips on cabinet bottom speaker and works like a charm.

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Yes, it sounds GREAT! The speaker in the cab has extra crimp connector standoffs so you can use real connectors and not just some alligator clips.

crimp connector (resized).jpgcrimp connector (resized).jpg
#2982 2 years ago

Just about to fix the slash spinner and noticed this in the box.
Could anyone explain where they might belong?
Thank you in advance.

73D6A11F-C058-4ECF-B25F-F9FCB807DA3A (resized).jpeg73D6A11F-C058-4ECF-B25F-F9FCB807DA3A (resized).jpeg
#2984 2 years ago

That’s exactly what it is.
Thank you @ltg
So do I pull the coil shaft back a bit then reinstall?

#2986 2 years ago

Can you play jukebox mode without the balls in the game?

#2987 2 years ago

Looks like the same spring?

811592D3-79AB-4CF1-A5B2-A8E5A3DE2A31 (resized).jpeg811592D3-79AB-4CF1-A5B2-A8E5A3DE2A31 (resized).jpegF3287FD2-A08B-4B29-A2E6-5721939AA5FC (resized).jpegF3287FD2-A08B-4B29-A2E6-5721939AA5FC (resized).jpeg
#2988 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Looks like the same spring?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like it to me!

#2989 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Lots of folks have ... here's some details on my blog

https://thepinballloft.com/2021/02/27/killer-klipsch/

IMG_0856 (resized).jpgIMG_0856 (resized).jpg
#2990 2 years ago

So maybe the spring isn’t the issue?
Seems like the shooter rod barley touches the ball.
Either the auto shooter claw is too close, or the shooter rod is having troubles touching the ball.

Quoted from zaphX:

Looks like it to me!

#2991 2 years ago

the spring is too long , and therefore keeps the tip too far away from the ball , you may have to snip the spring smaller so as it is not as long , sometimes removing the washer also helps

#2992 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

So maybe the spring isn’t the issue?
Seems like the shooter rod barley touches the ball.
Either the auto shooter claw is too close, or the shooter rod is having troubles touching the ball.

I was having this problem and it was simply adjusting the whole shooter Rod mech from inside. I loosened the screws and pushed down on the shooter rod and re tightened. perfect now. seems the top was rubbing up against the mech for auto shooter.

#2993 2 years ago

I’ll give this a try tonight
Do I need to remove the skull?

Quoted from wcbrandes:

I was having this problem and it was simply adjusting the whole shooter Rod mech from inside. I loosened the screws and pushed down on the shooter rod and re tightened. perfect now. seems the top was rubbing up against the mech for auto shooter.

#2994 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I’ll give this a try tonight
Do I need to remove the skull?

No. It takes 2 minutes and the shooter mech is loosened from inside cabinet not out so you don't need to worry about a thing. Does it feel a bit like it rubs on the auto plunger just a bit when you pull and release? I could feel it just a tiny bit which then wouldn't let the ball reach into play!

#2995 2 years ago

Shooter troubleshooter, revised for GNR CE:

- Is the external spring too long? If so, replace with 3/4 inch. (You've eliminated this one)
- Do the autoplunger forks jump when you plunge empty? Loosen and adjust the shooter so it doesn't contact it.
- Does the plunger hit the ball square in the middle? Loosen and adjust the shooter to correct.
- Is the shooter tip present and intact? Replace it if need be.

That is pretty much all that can go wrong with the shooter on GNR that I can think of. POTC has a couple other things due to the rail system that don't apply here.

Good luck!

#2996 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Shooter troubleshooter, revised for GNR CE:
- Is the external spring too long? If so, replace with 3/4 inch. (You've eliminated this one)
- Do the autoplunger forks jump when you plunge empty? Loosen and adjust the shooter so it doesn't contact it.
- Does the plunger hit the ball square in the middle? Loosen and adjust the shooter to correct.
- Is the shooter tip present and intact? Replace it if need be.
That is pretty much all that can go wrong with the shooter on GNR that I can think of. POTC has a couple other things due to the rail system that don't apply here.
Good luck!

When I first got my CE I had this issue. I called and told Eric to switch it to .75 inch spring in lieu of 1 inch. So he ordered 400 plus from Pinball life! .75 is perfect.

#2997 2 years ago

Does anyone know how you qualify the magnet ? Are the out loop arrows red when it is activated ? It's important to activate when extra ball lit and my magnet works perfect and grabs ball no problem just curious how you qualify it and what color in arrows says it's qualified ?

#2998 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When I first got my CE I had this issue. I called and told Eric to switch it to .75 inch spring in lieu of 1 inch. So he ordered 400 plus from Pinball life! .75 is perfect.

Agree completely! The 1 inch spring I could barely hit the back with a full plunge. .75 fixes it and it's good to hear they fixed it on the line too.

#2999 2 years ago

What volume are you guys playing this game at? I feel like I want to turn it up, but after about 19 or 20 it starts sounding a little "tinny" and maybe a bit of distortion, maybe I'm bringing home theater ears to this though and that's unfair. I have the noise filter installed (but understand that probably has little to do with this).

#3000 2 years ago

23 during regular play getting members and then bumped to 27 during song modes for me

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.