20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 68.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

purple armor on a GnR game is just not right. I actually played the LE today and the connection of the red with everything else really ties it all together. That being said, you can't go wrong with either version!

I played the LE and had the exact opposite impression. First off the LE armor with sufficient ambient light is actually a burnt Orange—not Red.

Regardless of opinion, objectively speaking there is no denying that the PF & light show are NOT ORANGE. If anything they are mostly in the purplish hue (mixture of blue & red = purple).

Add to that the ICONIC GNR CROSS on the Backbox (and the fact that the entire album art is MISSING on the LE) and I for one had no choice but to get the CE.

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I played the LE and had the exact opposite impression.
Regardless of opinion, objectively speaking there is no denying that the PF & light show are NOT ORANGE. If anything they are mostly in the purplish hue.
Add to that the ICONIC GNR CROSS on the Backbox (and the fact that the entire album art is MISSING on the LE) and I for one had no choice but to get the CE.

Did you get a CE? -- Nice if you did.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Did you get a CE? -- Nice if you did.

Yessir. But not #12. Had to go with my kid’s bday instead.

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Replying to myself. Lol.
Honestly, I'm really irritated that we essentially need to pre-order a $12k game before seeing gameplay. You want to see gameplay? No Rick and Morty for you.
What do you think Toy Story CE is going to look like? SOLD OUT. If they limit the number, I'm going to use 'bots' to place instant orders everywhere possible immediately and then I'm going to mark them up 2x and put them on ebay. Watch and see...

No you won’t.

#205 3 years ago

I played the LE and had the exact opposite impression. First off the LE armor with sufficient ambient light is actually a burnt Orange—not Red.
Regardless of opinion, objectively speaking there is no denying that the PF & light show are NOT ORANGE. If anything they are mostly in the purplish hue (mixture of blue & red = purple).

"The armor" laughing out fucking loud.

#206 3 years ago

Is it like, Glen Benton armor?

#207 3 years ago

You're a broken record dude.

#208 3 years ago

If they extend it to 600 nobody is going to drop out.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

All the people buying games to flip them will! I am stating to think just make more to keep people happy.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I would agree - But I don't see them doing this but this game is so cool and great and it did what it was meant to do - SELL OUT on the CE Editions. I would not be upset if they increase the CE to 600 or so. I use to care - but bottom line - I don't care. Yes - is it nice to have a nice game that is limited and can hold some value. POTC CE Edition is one that a lot of people did not get in on and regretted it afterwards. I am glad that it was 500. Before the reveal I was hoping for 250 to 300 but seeing the game and the BUZZ going on around the pinball community - I knew it was going to be 500 and I was certain that it was going to sell out and I did not see any pics or have any type of video or contact with anyone on this game.

I have been a long supporter of Jack and the team @ JJP. I know people say that Jack is not involved as much or is limited within the company. But you got to remember this, Jack started this company with the help with a lot of people like us that took that leap of faith and with some great talent to design, build and distribute the first of many games to be built @ JJP.

I have said my peace and wishes and I enjoy every game that JJP has made and I am at the office as I type this and am looking @ all 5 games and spot where #6 will be going. Jack surrounded him with good talent and built this company from the ground up. Yes, Changes have been made @ JJP, but the talent and support is still there and with Eric and others being added, it is getting better and will continue. But remember those designers that came before Eric - There are many out there and too many to name, But ALL of them deserve our respect. Eric made an awesome game here and he did it with help and talent surrounding him @ JJP.

So to Eric, Slash and the Team @ JJP - Congrats.

I am excited about this game #6. To tell you the truth, I am more excited about game #7 and onward. Its only going to get better and I don't mean just at JJP.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

First CE JJP...can't wait

Congrats. Me too!

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Congrats. Me too!

Congrats to BOTH.

By the way - Its 3:24AM Central Time - Who is up?

#213 3 years ago

Congrats to BOTH.
By the way - Its 3:24AM Central Time - Who is up?

It’s 4:40 PM in Taipei.
Catching up on all the latest news while you guys sleep!

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

It’s 4:40 PM in Taipei.
Catching up on all the latest news while you guys sleep!

I am not sleeping -- I am billing and putting quotes together -- Lol - Got back out to the field in 3 hours.

#216 3 years ago

I am not sleeping -- I am billing and putting quotes together -- Lol - Got back out to the field in 3 hours.

So did you get a CE Ritchie? #12??

#217 3 years ago

JJ from Game Exchange posted to FB that JJP is working with distros to find anyone who ordered multiple CEs and limit them to 1 CE, comparing sales lists. I love that. Flippers suck.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

All the people buying games to flip them will! I am stating to think just make more to keep people happy.

Flippers paradise this one.

I was just waiting for some gameplay before deciding.

#219 3 years ago

Happy to hear that you like the purple by let's not spread lies about the color on the LE. I played the game and the color is not orange. It matches the look of GnR no question and the light show it's all over the place. To say the purple matches the light show more is crazy. But again, you like the CE more and got it. Well done.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Happy to hear that you like the purple by let's not spread lies about the color on the LE. I played the game and the color is not orange. It matches the look of GnR no question and the light show it's all over the place. To say the purple matches the light show more is crazy. But again, you like the CE more and got it. Well done.

More importantly.....how’s it play?????

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from delt31:

LE or CE. They are both amazing.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I am officially on the wait and play it first train.

I used to love GnR but have moved away and more into Floyd, Led Zep, NIN honestly GnR is pretty far down on my playlist anymore. I started to listen to AFD again the songs are that good (for my taste).

I was looking for CE but after they are sold anyway, I have no urgent need to buy one until I can play it first.

I like the layout, lights and ball locks etc.. but not quite sure about the rules.

#223 3 years ago

I am in the same boat as you Rai. I really wanted to order the CE but given the investment on an LE/CE I needed to see more to order one. Unfortunately the CE's are gone but I am looking around to see if someone has one available still after they sort out people that ordered more than one. I owned a WoZ RR for quite some time buying before playing it and liked it but didn't "love" it so I ended up selling it. GnR looks amazing and congrats to everyone who got a CE that wanted one!

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am officially on the wait and play it first train.
I used to love GnR but have moved away and more into Floyd, Led Zep, NIN honestly GnR is pretty far down on my playlist anymore. I started to listen to AFD again the songs are that good (for my taste).
I was looking for CE but after they are sold anyway, I have no urgent need to buy one until I can play it first.
I like the layout, lights and ball locks etc.. but not quite sure about the rules.

Game plays great but for 3k simply put the game in the middle of your lineup and the art won’t be seen and the sound bar can be purchased for 60$ at Target. LE is the same Great game. Been playing all day no regrets.

#225 3 years ago

LE also looks cool, the red roses on the apron and the red rails, awesome. Mods will be there for all kinds of things.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#226 3 years ago

I have gone back and forth in my mind and feel if JJP oversold CEs by 100, then it would be ok to switch their plan to 600 total units and then give anyone a chance to cancel their order if they are upset. This needs to be done right now, as haste makes waste. This blip won’t lose them any future game sales.

If JJP oversold CE’s by more than 100, they should stick with the 500, previously announced and be happy they met their goal, while pissing off distributors. Or they could increase # to 600 and delete all sales over that, thereby pissing off 750 people (# of people who thought they’d ordered a CE). Oh boy, what a mess. This will lose them future game sales.

I prefer artwork and purple trim on the CE, but can only afford LE. (Unless one of you gents wants to be my sugar daddy and swap their CE for my LE). The playfield artwork and sculpts make GNR easily the best composition i have ever seen. JJPGNR is flamboyant, flashy and a real showstopper.

#227 3 years ago

Anyone hear any word from jjp about this fiasco?

I really hope there will be an opportunity to still purchase a ce for those of us who need to think more than a minute about a large purchase.

I think if they just asked for full payment or even half right now a bunch of people would drop out. Free it up for the true hardcore fans.

#228 3 years ago

I like the LE way better with colors and art for my taste
I’m sure extra mods will be offered on this game
Sound bar $60
Skull shooter $125
Topper $150

I feel bad for CE buyers but I’m sure people will put these up for sale In future
So just all sit tight and wait

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Sound bar $60
Skull shooter $125
Topper $150
I feel bad for CE buyers but I’m sure people will put these up for sale In future

Hoping all three items will be available in their store, but expecting higher prices, lol. Would CE buyers be upset if any of these items were offered by JJP, while you are getting them for free? The sound bar looks pretty generic and might be their standard for future titles. The topper is a piece of acrylic and a light strip that are plugged into a control board. Nothing special, so will this one be a problem? The skull shooter housing might be more controversial because it is BA. I’m sure mod community would step in with something pretty good if that is the case. Should JJP offer the sound bar, topper and skull shooter on the web store?

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hoping all three items will be available in their store, but expecting higher prices, lol. Would CE buyers be upset if any of these items were offered by JJP, while you are getting them for free? The sound bar looks pretty generic and might be their standard for future titles. The topper is a piece of acrylic and a light strip that are plugged into a control board. Nothing special, so will this one be a problem? The skull shooter housing might be more controversial because it is BA. I’m sure mod community would step in with something pretty good if that is the case. Should JJP offer the sound bar, topper and skull shooter on the web store?

For all CE buyers who did not get one and had to go LE it would sure be a nice consultation
And great gesture from JJP

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Would CE buyers be upset if any of these items were offered by JJP, while you are getting them for free?

This wouldn't upset me but you can't say the CE owners are getting those for free.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If they extend to 950 no one will drop out

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Sound bar $60
Skull shooter $125
Topper $150

And how much would you value the signed drumsticks? CE buyers got a bargain I think.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

If they extend to 950 no one will drop out

I was against this at the start but with the band having such a massive following, I think JJP should make one for every order. The damage done to future sales of collectors will bite them down the road. Saying no to people that want to drop $12.5K on a toy is not good business.

#235 3 years ago

I was against this at the start but with the band having such a massive following, I think JJP should make one for every order. The damage done to future sales of collectors will bite them down the road. Saying no to people that want to drop $12.5K on a toy is not good business.

Promising to make a limited number and make it a true collectible and then raising the production run dilutes it’s true collectibility. Reneging on promises to your customer base also is not good business.

Stern’s reputation went down a notch after I bought my Munsters LE and they quickly increased production to 600 units.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Sound bar $60
Skull shooter $125
Topper $150

My guess is someone will make an over-the-top skull shooter. I think it will be phenomenal beyond belief, but also maybe over $125.

#237 3 years ago

Personally I wouldn’t give a sh*t. I just want the nicest version of the game. Couldn’t care less if it’s limited. Quickly grew out of that mindset when I realized I could only fit 7 games at home. For me, Games are to be played and admired, not to sit there like a museum piece for 5 years until they appreciate in value.

#238 3 years ago

Was a bit on the fence about the performances shown on the screen, I wathced some of the concerts on youtube and Axl is not always the best voice. The instrumental part is ok. But it looks like they remastered his voice in the studio, from what I can hear on the stream from Buffalo and others. It looks like his voice is more like the original recordings from the records that we all know and love instead from the recent live concerts. This is a good thing. Wonder if anybody played the machine did notice anything about this.

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Was a bit on the fence about the performances shown on the screen, I wathced some of the concerts on youtube and Axl is not always the best voice. The instrumental part is ok. But it looks like they remastered his voice in the studio, from what I can hear on the stream from Buffalo and others. It looks like his voice is more like the original recordings from the records that we all know and love instead from the recent live concerts. This is a good thing. Wonder if anybody played the machine did notice anything about this.

Was thinking that also.

#240 3 years ago

They synced the live video to the original songs.

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

They synced the live video to the original songs.

Really? Wow. That’s attention to detail.

#242 3 years ago

well - I have been gone for day and I guess a lot has happen in just a day. I knew 500 was going to be the number and I was correct and I am happy that there is some nice different features in the game and play field. Radcals and Topper are nice perks - but I like the game and I think JJP did a nice job on this game.
I really think either way you go LE or CE - You are not going to loose. There are going to be some nice mods on this game being made by some GREAT companies out there and they will be coming in the up coming weeks. So either way - If you are able to get any game - Congrats and enjoy it - It really is just pinball.
Some say that they don't need a row of games -- I agree - If you have just one game or 50+ games, it does not matter. I am lucky that I can use my passion of pinball and share it with the public and my clients and any of you that have been to my plumbing showroom, you know what I mean. Someday everything that I do will come to and end and I will have one HUGE SALE - LOL. But till then - I will try and support those that I deal with in the pinball community. I have made a lot of friends and have even PIST off a few (just a few..lol) but my passion is and will remain the same. I love pinball and I have incorporated it into my plumbing business and I have a a lot of people thank me all the time, because that can not find some of these games local and it is nice to see their appreciation.
Bottom Line....
Enjoy Life - Have Fun - Be Nice To Each Other ...But most of all - PLAY PINBALL.

Just so I’m clear.....I can drop by your plumbing shop and play pinball as if I’m in an arcade? A ”Plumbcade” if you will. Buy a p trap and play some pinball. Interesting Never really occurred to me that the two formats would mix.

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Promising to make a limited number and make it a true collectible and then raising the production run dilutes it’s true collectibility. Reneging on promises to your customer base also is not good business.
Stern’s reputation went down a notch after I bought my Munsters LE and they quickly increased production to 600 units.

Would be nothing new for JJP. I was a day 1 Woz and Hobbit order, both of them had second , third LE runs that diluted the original number, all because of profit. Stern has done it with Munsters, and i think 1 other. CGC originally was doing 1k MMRs, and after 1 day sellout, announced a standard run, then a royal edition. so its nothing new for any of these companies

#244 3 years ago

A true GnR fan will be happy with any version !!

#245 3 years ago

Take the 12.5K, non-refundable, at the time the order is placed and all of this bullshit is eliminated.

#246 3 years ago

They will have this shored up for the next launch no doubt about it. You always learn from firsts

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Take the 12.5K, non-refundable, at the time the order is placed and all of this bullshit is eliminated.

I like this idea. Flippers would jump ship. Not to mention flippers are the reason we’re in this situation. Flippers are the reason games sell for 12,500.

Company’s watching joe shmo sell their game for 30% more a week later.

#248 3 years ago

They should take a page out of fords book and limit the 2nd hand sale of their games within the first year.

Don’t follow the rules your black listed

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I like this idea. Flippers would jump ship. Not to mention flippers are the reason we’re in this situation. Flippers are the reason games sell for 12,500.
Company’s watching joe shmo sell their game for 30% more a week later.

after only putting down a deposit no less, while never actually taking possession of the game. Kinda like ticketmaster.

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Completely agree with this..

JJP could offer the CE versions for sale direct for the first 72 hours after the release for those willing to pay for them (non-refundable) at that time. Do you limit this to one per person -- that's debatable. I would say yes. However, I can understand the argument against that. Many will land on both sides of that argument.

After the direct sales period, the remainder are provided to the distros to handle accordingly. I would suggest non-refundable deposits like JJ was going to do. This keeps people from jumping the gun and taking spots from those who really intend to buy the game but need time to arrange the funds. This again will stir up some debate. I agree with non-refundable deposits but others will not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/5?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.