20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 68.
#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The temptation must be there as other games have had special editions.

Not since Hobbit.

I don’t know why people keep beating this drum that JJP limited/collector’s editions will be re-run.

Wishful thinking from people who missed out!

#2902 3 years ago

If they did 100 SSE ( super special editions ) at $20000, they would sell out, and that is $2m revenue.

Its the Special Slash Edition SSE!

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

SuperCE run confirmed.

I think the combination of you being somewhat of an insider and the fact that you quoted Keith out of the blue five months later made it sound somewhat legitimate. No worries!

#2904 3 years ago

If they did 100 SSE ( super special editions ) at $20000, they would sell out, and that is $2m revenue.

However your math is incomplete as you would then have to calculate the possible loss and or reduction in pricing when collectors realize they will constantly get screwed, if that's what they buying for. It's a give and take here and to maintain high or even increase the CE's, as it stands now, they are probably best holding to exact numbers on CE's and just producing more LE's

#2905 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

However your math is incomplete as you would then have to calculate the possible loss and or reduction in pricing when collectors realize they will constantly get screwed, if that's what they buying for. It's a give and take here and to maintain high or even increase the CE's, as it stands now, they are probably best holding to exact numbers on CE's and just producing more LE's

All jokes aside I would be super annoyed if they did this. I purchased an LE and if they are going to make infinite amounts based on demand I would have gladly bought a standard

#2906 3 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

All jokes aside I would be super annoyed if they did this. I purchased an LE and if they are going to make infinite amounts based on demand I would have gladly bought a standard

aren't they making infinite amounts of le's

#2907 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

aren't they making infinite amounts of le's

Limited to 5,000

#2908 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not since Hobbit.
I don’t know why people keep beating this drum that JJP limited/collector’s editions will be re-run.

That's because there was no demand for additional DI or Wonka.

Will be interesting to see what happens as there is demand for this game.

Makes zero difference to me whether it happens or not, just curiosity.

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I’m going to assume that this actually *is* one last joke that isn’t aside, and you seriously didn’t pay $3,000 more for an LE just because they are “limited” to 5,000 units.

#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I’m going to assume that this actually *is* one last joke that isn’t aside, and you seriously didn’t pay $3,000 more for an LE just because they are “limited” to 5,000 units.

It’s a perk and would be false advertisement so why wouldn’t I be annoyed?

#2911 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not since Hobbit.

WoZ YBR edition at $11,500 with the sparkle playfield and armor was technically another special edition. Waiting for the Wicked Witch edition.

#2912 3 years ago

Question:
Played a game just before work,
Didn’t realize at first, but it seems the slash spinner dropped in my unit.
At first it looked like the ball was just sitting on the lip, but closer inspection, the spinner dropped.
I shut the game off and headed out, but wondering what I should be looking for when I lift the hood? Has this happened before?
Thanks I’m advance.

#2913 3 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

It’s a perk and would be false advertisement so why wouldn’t I be annoyed?

*shrug* Nowhere did I claim you wouldn’t/shouldn’t be annoyed.

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Question:
Played a game just before work,
Didn’t realize at first, but it seems the slash spinner dropped in my unit.
At first it looked like the ball was just sitting on the lip, but closer inspection, the spinner dropped.
I shut the game off and headed out, but wondering what I should be looking for when I lift the hood? Has this happened before?
Thanks I’m advance.

Loosen the big white nut (probably already loose) - spin the thick threaded spindle to raise/lower the disc, then retighten the white nut.

#2915 3 years ago

Ok, so we are 11-12 weeks into the CE run. Any guesses on how far along JJP are volume-wise? I checked in with the UK distributor last week and no news yet on CEs shipping to this part of the world.

#2916 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Ok, so we are 11-12 weeks into the CE run. Any guesses on how far along JJP are volume-wise? I checked in with the UK distributor last week and no news yet on CEs shipping to this part of the world.

According to pinside pics posted, the most recent CE delivered was 320 and it was made at the beginning of Mar, so they're probably well into the 300s, if not the low 400s now on the CEs. They took some breaks in there to make SEs and LEs. They haven't been running CEs solid, but the total output is hovering at around 50/wk.

I couldn't find any LE box pics newer than manufactured in Dec 2020, so they're probably well the 600s by now since they've been on the line again at least once since Dec.

Here's the counts, based on most-recent box pics I made a note of:
SE 179 Manufactured as of Feb 2021
LE 422 Manufactured as of Dec 2020
CE 320 Manufactured as of Mar 2021

#2917 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

According to pinside pics posted, the most recent CE delivered was 280 and it was made at the end of Feb, so they're probably well into the 300s, if not the low 400s now on the CEs. They took some breaks in there to make SEs and LEs. They haven't been running CEs solid, but the total output is hovering at around 50/wk.
I couldn't find any LE box pics newer than manufactured in Dec 2020, so they're probably well the 600s by now since they've been on the line again at least once since Dec.
Here's the counts, based on most-recent box pics I made a note of:
SE 179 Manufactured as of Feb 2021
LE 422 Manufactured as of Dec 2020
CE 280 Manufactured as of Feb 2021

Don't forget mine was produced in early March

#2918 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Don't forget mine was produced in early March

Did you post a pic of the box? I've been trying to keep the pics, but I sometimes miss posts if they're text only. What was your serial?

EDIT: I went back and looked it up your text only post and yours was CE 320. Edited my post to reflect yours, which is the latest one reported.

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Last week the UK distributor posted on Facebook that our CEs will be ready to go this week (but container won’t ship for another month).

#2920 3 years ago

hi all,
I've been lurking while everyone updates to 1.19 and sounds like it is good to go.
I'm running 1.12. tried wifi update twice for 4hrs...
it would download but not update.
tried full install. using a mac and created thumb drive using unetbootin.
tried reboot with thumb drive and got error: "non-system disk. press any key to reboot."
I hit all the buttons... nothing happened.

I'm still playing on 1.12 fine so not a "'baller-down" emergency, but I'd sure appreciate a solution before I try again.
cheers...
87S...

and also, I'm super stoked with the game.
I've been playing in tourist mode for a couple months.
Not thinking about patches or maxing multipliers.
no cradling.
I've had issue with spinning disc.
magnet doesn't work but I didn't even notice until I read it on pinside.
replaced flipper rubbers.
flippers at level 25.
level at 6.5 as recommended.
otherwise good to go straight out of the box.
first upgrade on wifi was great to 1.12.

the latest update is making the "shall we play a game" mode a lot more scary.

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

It would be funnier if you couldn’t actually see Jack doing something like this.

Does Jack even make those decisions anymore? I thought he was more of a figurehead now?

#2922 3 years ago

These were posted on Pinside :

MAC FULL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1
-- Download the full install .iso file

Step 2
-- Start Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities,
or type "disk utility" into the spotlight search bar (magnifying glass in upper right of screen)
-- If needed, click on "View - Show All Devices" to see all of the devices and their volumes on the left side.

Step 3
-- Insert USB stick, and once it appears in the sidebar of Disk Utility, highlight the device name, not the volume name.
-- Click "Erase" button and set the format to "MS-DOS(FAT)" using scheme "Master Boot Record" with name "JJPUSB"
-- Click "Erase" to start the formatting process.

Step 4
-- Double-click the previously downloaded .iso image file from Step 1
-- This should mount the iso file and open a Finder window showing its contents

Step 5
-- Open another Finder window and on the left side click on the name of the USB stick you formatted in Step 3,
which should show a blank window because there are no files on it yet.

Step 6
-- Select all of the files in the iso file Finder window from Step 4, and drag them into the empty Finder window
from Step 5. This will take some time (20-30 minutes) to complete.

Step 7
-- Once the copy is complete, click on the little "eject" triangles next to the iso image name and the USB stick name
on the left of a Finder window.
-- Once the names disappear from the Finder window, remove the USB stick from the computer.

Step 8
-- Use the USB stick to install the new version in your game, etc.

#2923 3 years ago
Quoted from 87shaner:

hi all,
I've been lurking while everyone updates to 1.19 and sounds like it is good to go.
I'm running 1.12. tried wifi update twice for 4hrs...
it would download but not update.
tried full install. using a mac and created thumb drive using unetbootin.
tried reboot with thumb drive and got error: "non-system disk. press any key to reboot."
I hit all the buttons... nothing happened.
I'm still playing on 1.12 fine so not a "'baller-down" emergency, but I'd sure appreciate a solution before I try again.
cheers...
87S...
and also, I'm super stoked with the game.
I've been playing in tourist mode for a couple months.
Not thinking about patches or maxing multipliers.
no cradling.
I've had issue with spinning disc.
magnet doesn't work but I didn't even notice until I read it on pinside.
replaced flipper rubbers.
flippers at level 25.
level at 6.5 as recommended.
otherwise good to go straight out of the box.
first upgrade on wifi was great to 1.12.
the latest update is making the "shall we play a game" mode a lot more scary.

1.19 seems to be fine 87S, I was in 1.12 just like you, installed 1.19 just the past week, tonight is my 4th night playing non stop and no problems at all.
4 hours that’s too long... Took me from 7-10 minutes to update via Wi-Fi in my 1st try.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Thank you.....I'll buy both of those today and give it a try....I only had 32 GB sticks and both of those failed.

I hope that you found the solution Ptown

#2924 3 years ago

Wonka is actually an Amazing game and sold out everywhere for the most part. Very likely they Will rerun that title again. And based on the multitude of want adds for WOZ I would bet that hits the line also.

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

WoZ YBR edition at $11,500 with the sparkle playfield and armor was technically another special edition. Waiting for the Wicked Witch edition.

WOZ was released before the Hobbit. I am guessing the point is that any release after Hobbit has not had a secondary release. IMO this will change, they will follow Stern’s vault editions model.

#2926 3 years ago

You left off Pirates. The demand has been off the charts and resale values are ridiculous.

#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wonka is actually an Amazing game and sold out everywhere for the most part. Very likely they Will rerun that title again. And based on the multitude of want adds for WOZ I would bet that hits the line also.

Wicked Witch Edition or bust. With black and green motif and maybe some flying monkey gargoyles as a topper, it could be very cool.

#2928 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does Jack even make those decisions anymore?

I’d say that he’d certainly like to think he does and leave it at that.

#2929 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Last week the UK distributor posted on Facebook that our CEs will be ready to go this week (but container won’t ship for another month).

Ah yes - I see it now. Great news - thanks!

#2930 3 years ago

Well now my game won't update from 1.17 to 1.19. It downloads and acts like it's going to update but then just restarts and still on 1.17

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Well now my game won't update from 1.17 to 1.19. It downloads and acts like it's going to update but then just restarts and still on 1.17

This is a known bug, 1.17 broke the Wifi so you need to do a clean install via USB.

#2932 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

This is a known bug, 1.17 broke the Wifi so you need to do a clean install via USB.

Exactly. A Delta USB upgrade should work fine however.

#2933 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Exactly. A Delta USB upgrade should work fine however.

That was not my experience, but might be worth a try if it worked for some.

#2934 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

1.19 seems to be fine 87S, I was in 1.12 just like you, installed 1.19 just the past week, tonight is my 4th night playing non stop and no problems at all.
4 hours that’s too long... Took me from 7-10 minutes to update via Wi-Fi in my 1st try.

I hope that you found the solution Ptown

hi
thanks for reply...
tried another thumb drive...
delta upgrade from 1.12 to 1.19 wouldn't work.
full install to 1.19 worked great. very easy.
seems like updates are thumb drive sensitive.
Had my first 100mil game last night still in tourist mode.

super stoked with my game, but sure hearing a lot of gnr running around in my head.
good thing I like gnr...
cheers...
87S.

#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from 87shaner:

hi
thanks for reply...
super stoked with my game, but sure hearing a lot of gnr running around in my head.
good thing I like gnr...
cheers...
87S.

It’s definitely sensitive. I had better luck with a usb3 32gb stick than el-cleap-o 8mb usb2 sticks. Same process creating it.

100mil?!!?! Man i must be doing something wrong. I think my GC is 12-13M.

#2936 3 years ago

How many of the CE's have been shipped and how many are pending delivery?

#2937 3 years ago

Just got back in town from a 2-week trip, and I know there has been a ton of conversation on updates. I have Ver 1.17. Should I try a Wi-Fi update or do a usb update to whatever the latest is (I think I saw 1.19)?

Had a couple decent games (10M+ is good for me, usually 2-3 songs), and I don’t think I recalled it as much before (but that doesn’t mean anything), but in those extended multi ball plays, my right flipper started to feel pretty limp. I guess I need the pinmonk to the rescue.

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Just got back in town from a 2-week trip, and I know there has been a ton of conversation on updates. I have Ver 1.17. Should I try a Wi-Fi update or do a usb update to whatever the latest is (I think I saw 1.19)?
Had a couple decent games (10M+ is good for me, usually 2-3 songs), and I don’t think I recalled it as much before (but that doesn’t mean anything), but in those extended multi ball plays, my right flipper started to feel pretty limp. I guess I need the pinmonk to the rescue.

If going from 1.17 code you will have to use usb to update to 1.19. WiFi will not work.

#2939 3 years ago
Quoted from 87shaner:

hi
thanks for reply...
good thing I like gnr...
cheers...
87S.

Where did you plug your usb drive? I cant find where to plug it in! Lol! Thanks!

#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I don’t think I recalled it as much before (but that doesn’t mean anything), but in those extended multi ball plays, my right flipper started to feel pretty limp. I guess I need the pinmonk to the rescue.

The right flipper is where you'll feel it first on jjGnR. You can clearly see it on Karl's iepinball streams of jjGnR with the flipper coil temp monitors on screen.

Unfortunately the JJP kits are still on hold for a little longer. I had them ready to release with the 2.0 universal bracket and even opened JJP kit orders briefly, but had a couple R&M version and beta jjGnR brackets break at the junction to the fan area from the standup as well as some fan failures where the leads broke off the fan circuit board right when the GnR kit orders were opened. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough failures that I didn't want to proceed until I could address it. So, I paused the release and redesigned the bracket. The new bracket I've made now is much stronger, but I feel like vibration from the bracket being on the coil stop, taking repeated hits will still be a problem for fan failures and the fix for that will take some time to get right, so I've gone back to a side mount Spike-style (style because it's not exactly the same) bracket for now which will get these jjGnR's cooled and running well now and I can continue working on refining the 2.0 bracket, which may or may not eventually pan out. Once the side-mount bracket is tested this week for fit and function, I'll ship the paused initial jjGnR orders and R&M kit backorders and that should allow me to open for new orders of the Tibetan Breeze kits next week.

#2941 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Where did you plug your usb drive? I cant find where to plug it in!

There should be a USB cable on the left side of the cashbox.

LTG : )

#2942 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There should be a USB cable on the left side of the cashbox.

It is the long beige cable I see on the left of the coinbox? I didn't think that was the one because that cable has something already connected to it, like a usb wifi dongle...should I disconnect what is already connected, and connect my usb drive there to update, and then put back whatever was already there and restart the machine once the uodate is done? Or am I looking at a wrong cable? ):
Thanks your your help!

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

should I disconnect what is already connected, and connect my usb drive there to update, and then put back whatever was already there and restart the machine once the uodate is done? Or am I looking at a wrong cable? ):

Yes, please.

#2944 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, please.

Great! (:

#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:Yes, please.

Isn’t there also an open slot to the left of the cash box against the side of the cabinet?

#2946 3 years ago

Is the opening shot supposed to be different on this game? The plunger seems weak. The game itself is a masterpiece. Unbelievable!

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Is the opening shot supposed to be different on this game? The plunger seems weak. The game itself is a masterpiece. Unbelievable!

Look at the topic index at the top of any page in this thread. There's a link to the post with the barrel spring you need to change out due to the difference in the skull on the outside of the CEs.

#2948 3 years ago

Thanks!

#2949 3 years ago

Looks like my CE is shipping. I’m guessing these are coming from Chicago? What’s the delivery time? About 4 or 5 days (to Pennsylvania).

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Why so many who bought This CE edition Bought it just to Profit from it? Had a feeling?Speculation?
So many of these CE are for sale soon as they hit Their destination.
So most did not buy to Own and play it rather only Profit from it.
this hobby has been ruined by Speculation Buying now . So with prices climbing for a box of circuits and Wood that back in the day cost a few thousand to produce and still only cost thousands to produce the Sale price of a stern pro is 5900 .lol for basically a home pin with a coin door .
And JJP games which are very much so a better grade of parts IMHO is 7k ish for a standard and way Over the top on CE will not go away due to this new norm of Throwing Top dollar Money and hope you get the next TRON Le so to speak .
I own the CE of Gnr Luckily after countless Threats of not getting it even after i paid full price in December right after the announcement it has me worried for future titles i may want .
If i did lose out and then see all these come up for sale at Gouged pricing to the people who were picked just flip them is just Bull Sheet Man..
Distro's Should take a look at the For sale archived ads and see how many of the Customers they sold to just flipped the game at a profit .
.And if said game is Sold out in a few hours of announcement ,these people should get shafted if the game over sells because of a pattern of Flipping for profit .
I lost out on a Met Roadcase to a bunch of profit flippers after i thought i had mine secured . Then Was taken from me and settled on a roadcase which i still have yet the title i wanted (master of pupets le)went to a Profit flipper instead . \
Pissed off and for good reason . Greed /
The game of pinball turned into a Stock market game instead .
Rant over . and have a nice day

Of course CEs are more valuable than LEs, but no more fun and LEs look amazing. If your stupid or vacuous enough to pay 20k for a CE, then I guess that is your choice, but I think it makes you look like a dickhead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
7,500 (OBO)
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.