20210909_132429 (resized).jpg
20210912_112132 (resized).jpg
20210912_131833 (resized).jpg
F24C0366-43CB-4DDD-B8F3-87879EE5A480 (resized).jpeg
EA32CADA-FF90-4ABC-9394-C38A406CD8B3 (resized).jpeg
F4FC675C-34E2-471A-BA6D-3773EDD51AC2 (resized).jpeg
C4C90C63-F428-40FC-807A-E61E184C24BD (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 68.
#2851 10 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Had the ball getting stuck at the edge of the spinning record. Started happening about every other game so I ordered some extra record decals from JJP as I knew any work on that mech might require me to sacrifice the existing decal
When I pulled the glass to take a look it was obvious what the issue was
The center screw (under the decal, but topside of game) had come loose
I unscrewed the post by removing the nut on the bottom of the mech under the PF
Then I peeled off the decal, and got 95% of the adhesive to come with it (yay)
Cleaned the remaining adhesive using Goo Gone
Added the screw back along with a fresh dab of blue Loctite
Then alchohol and a wet wipe, before laying on the new decal
All is good now!
Video shows how much play I had and the screw was only loose by maybe a little over a full turn

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the tutorial. I might have missed something though... why did you need to remove the post?

#2852 10 months ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Thank you for the tutorial. I might have missed something though... why did you need to remove the post?

I believe in order to remove & replace the sticker.

#2853 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think stating that "most" bought it to flip isn't accurate. Although clearly some purchased with ZERO intention of ever playing....pinball prices are stupid these days....Look at the price of POTC? $20K for an LE is just stupid, and I own one

Not only that, but anyone who believes the CE buyers were expecting them to sellout in 1 hour and sell for nearly double are fooling themselves. JJP CE’s had historically been available for purchase for quite a while after release. In fact, I believe most of the “flippers” intended to keep the game but once they realized they could make thousands in a short amount of time, they opted to “flip”.

#2854 10 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Not only that, but anyone who believes the CE buyers were expecting them to sellout in 1 hour and sell for nearly double are fooling themselves. JJP CE’s had historically been available for purchase for quite a while after release. In fact, I believe most of the “flippers” intended to keep the game but once they realized they could make thousands in a short amount of time, they opted to “flip”.

I think so too.

People ordered because they wanted the game but couldn't say no to making a quick 6-10K profit after getting it.

You can pry mine out of my cold dead hands!

#2855 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think stating that "most" bought it to flip isn't accurate. Although clearly some purchased with ZERO intention of ever playing....pinball prices are stupid these days....Look at the price of POTC? $20K for an LE is just stupid, and I own one

I could take it off your hands for say 15k and co start the pinball deflation thread with you!

#2856 10 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I believe in order to remove & replace the sticker.

Yeah, that was dumb on my part. I was thinking the replacement sticker was just the center. Thanks.

#2857 10 months ago

Just tried updating my GNR via WiFi from 1.16 to 1.19....everything seemed to work fine, but when the game rebooted it was still on 1.16.....

#2858 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just tried updating my GNR via WiFi from 1.16 to 1.19....everything seemed to work fine, but when the game rebooted it was still on 1.16.....

You have to click your heels three times while it's updating. It's a JJP WoZ callback.

#2859 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to click your heels three times while it's updating. It's a JJP WoZ callback.

Apparently...WiFi seemed to download just fine, but the code didn't update....frustrating

#2860 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Apparently...WiFi seemed to download just fine, but the code didn't update....frustrating

If you're on 1.15-1.17 code, you MUST do the update through USB to get on a wi-fi updatable version, according to keith here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/145#post-6191017

#2861 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think Keefer said that you need to do it via USB unless you updated to 1.18 already. This fixes an issue with WIFI updates

#2862 10 months ago
Quoted from eharan:

I think Keefer said that you need to do it via USB unless you updated to 1.18 already. This fixes an issue with WIFI updates

Jinx!

#2863 10 months ago
Quoted from eharan:

Download instructions didnt say that on 1.19....maybe I missed that part ?

#2864 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're on 1.15-1.17 code, you MUST do the update through USB to get on a wi-fi updatable version, according to keith here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/145#post-6191017

What he said!

#2865 10 months ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Fair question - To get to the loose screw in the center of the record, you will need to remove the decal (screw is under the decal). To remove the decal, you need to remove the post. That post sits on top of the decal

#2866 10 months ago

Any one else’s actuator arms break on the movable spot lights

#2867 10 months ago

Seems one of these updates ruined the beginning of Chinese Democracy propaganda game !!!
Very lame.
Anyway to get it back the way it was ?
Is there different versions that happen ?

#2868 10 months ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Yes, my right one broke first. Then the left one shortly after. They won’t move vertically fully without the arms. JJP support is ordering me new ones, but not sure how long that will take to get.

#2869 10 months ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Charger68 Mine did. I reached out to support and they said they’d send me a new one, but nothing yet

#2870 10 months ago

My wifi completely stopped working once I installed 1.18. Installed 1.19 (via USB obviously) and still no wifi. I guess it was nice while it lasted.

#2871 10 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

My wifi completely stopped working once I installed 1.18. Installed 1.19 (via USB obviously) and still no wifi. I guess it was nice while it lasted.

did you go back and reconnect your machine with your home wifi. These updates completely wiped out my connection and had to re do password and connect all over again

#2872 10 months ago

From reading the last few pages, I take it Not to do the update if you’re still on 1.15

#2873 10 months ago

1.12 to 1.19 no problem at all, Wi-Fi worked perfectly, took me 7-10 minutes total ...

now I’ll be here playing till 3 - 4am give or take

#2874 10 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

1.12 to 1.19 no problem at all, Wi-Fi worked perfectly, took me 7-10 minutes total ...
now I’ll be here playing till 3 - 4am give or take

You were smart and held off upgrading from 1.12 to 1.16....mine is stuck on 1.16 until I can figure out this USB mess....I've tried two sticks and both failed

#2875 10 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

did you go back and reconnect your machine with your home wifi. These updates completely wiped out my connection and had to re do password and connect all over again

Of course. It can't find any wifi network to connect to even though every other device in the house can.

#2876 10 months ago

Updated from 1.16 to 1.19 usb. All is great now.

#2877 10 months ago

Can someone post the link to download 1.19?

#2879 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You were smart and held off upgrading from 1.12 to 1.16....mine is stuck on 1.16 until I can figure out this USB mess....I've tried two sticks and both failed

FWIW I tried a Sandisk 16GB and a PNY 8GB USB stick and neither worked for the delta a few times. However, I did the full ISO using the PNY and it worked great the first time. It took about 15 min and I was able to restore my settings right after.

Quoted from twenty84:

Of course. It can't find any wifi network to connect to even though every other device in the house can.

I’m sure you already did this but I was an idiot and didn’t realize I had to accept the terms and conditions again before all the WiFi options appeared. When I went to the WiFi menu, there were no options and I thought that was what people meant by the “WiFi was broken.”

#2880 10 months ago
Quoted from Galooch:

I’m sure you already did this but I was an idiot and didn’t realize I had to accept the terms and conditions again before all the WiFi options appeared. When I went to the WiFi menu, there were no options and I thought that was what people meant by the “WiFi was broken.”

I hadn't tried that. I went down and accepted the terms and conditions again, but it made no difference.

Maybe I shouldn't be putting too much effort into this since the wifi updates stopped working a couple updates back and I never used Scorbit.

#2881 10 months ago
Quoted from Galooch:

FWIW I tried a Sandisk 16GB and a PNY 8GB USB stick and neither worked for the delta a few times. However, I did the full ISO using the PNY and it worked great the first time. It took about 15 min and I was able to restore my settings right after.

Thank you.....I'll buy both of those today and give it a try....I only had 32 GB sticks and both of those failed.

#2882 10 months ago

Edit , wrong thread

#2883 10 months ago

Not sure if many people have had airballs launching from the afd target straight over the left rose plastic into the left outlane but i have enough of them and was sick and tired of it. I have placed a stsndup clear plastic under the wireform of the base guitar and am happy to report it has allreade saved 3 balls since installing it. Easy peasy fix and a whole lot less frustration when i have a good game going.

20210321_150619 (resized).jpg20210321_150628 (resized).jpg20210321_150634 (resized).jpg20210321_151842 (resized).jpg20210321_151846 (resized).jpg
#2885 10 months ago

I do not get airballs . but on occasion i get ball rejects going up the right ramp at the Gate. going to have to check angle there.

#2886 10 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Did you put the adapter back in?

#2887 10 months ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The 500 ce count will not be compromised.

SuperCE run confirmed.

#2888 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:SuperCE run confirmed.

Say what now?

#2889 10 months ago

Scarce Slash Edition (SSE) is what they are going to call it apparently

#2890 10 months ago

Where is this news coming from?

#2891 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where is this news coming from?

Pinside.

Not news. Rumors speculated on here.

LTG : )

#2892 10 months ago

I heard its the SSESMAVAPYC - Slash Super Edition Send Me A Video And Plead Your Case

#2893 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

SuperCE run confirmed.

Quoted from LTG:

Pinside.
Not news. Rumors speculated on here.
LTG : )

So not confirmed then? Why even post that then PinMonk what source do you have?

#2894 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

So not confirmed then? Why even post that then PinMonk what source do you have?

OMG. I thought it was obviously a joke, but the thirst is real, so people are ready to hear any crumb of more CE news (which isn't there).

#2895 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

OMG. I thought it was obviously a joke, but the thirst is real, so people are ready to hear any crumb of more CE news (which isn't there).

Didn't look like a joke to me when you quoted Keefer sorry mate

#2896 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Didn't look like a joke to me when you quoted Keefer sorry mate

Comedy becomes very unfunny when you have to explain it, but I quoted Keith saying the CE total of 500 would not be compromised - i.e. a hard no, no more are coming. So then I said "Super CE" (which would not technically be a CE, so therefore would not break his statement) "confirmed."

#2897 10 months ago

Is there going to be a SSESMAVAPYC or not?

#2898 10 months ago

Holy crap there is going to be a Super CE GnR soon!

#2899 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Comedy becomes very unfunny when you have to explain it, but I quoted Keith saying the CE total of 500 would not be compromised - i.e. a hard no, no more are coming. So then I said "Super CE" (which would not technically be a CE, so therefore would not break his statement) "confirmed."

It would be funnier if you couldn’t actually see Jack doing something like this.

#2900 10 months ago

The temptation must be there as other games have had special editions.

If they did 100 SSE ( super special editions ) at $20000, they would sell out, and that is $2m revenue.

There are 3,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 68.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside