20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 68.
#2801 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:I am surprised JJP went this route, I like the odd multiball to enhance play, but I am not sure I like it as the main event.

The good news is selling your CE will be relatively easy

#2802 3 years ago

Is this for the shooter rod, if it’s sitting behind the auto plug?
I’ve had a lot of difficulties with my shooter rod hitting the ball properly and I was just about to take it apart

#2803 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Is this for the shooter rod, if it’s sitting behind the auto plug?
I’ve had a lot of difficulties with my shooter rod hitting the ball properly and I was just about to take it apart

It's for the shooter rod, replacing the one on the outside of the machine (in front of the skull.)

#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The good news is selling your CE will be relatively easy

Yes indeed, but that goes for nearly every pin nowadays.

#2805 3 years ago

I see a new code update to 1.18.... Facebook shows the update. Confusing part is that is gives links that you must download (not wifi) if you have V 1.15, 1.16, or 1.17....

I just spoke to Ken at JJP about this - he didn't have any news on it yet.

My issue is that this is the FULL ISO file. (Full update). So - no easy Delta update. However, there is a Delta upgrade listed on the support website.

What did you guys do - did the Delta upgrade work, or did you do a full install?

#2806 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I see a new code update to 1.18.... Facebook shows the update. Confusing part is that is gives links that you must download (not wifi) if you have V 1.15, 1.16, or 1.17....
I just spoke to Ken at JJP about this - he didn't have any news on it yet.
My issue is that this is the FULL ISO file. (Full update). So - no easy Delta update. However, there is a Delta upgrade listed on the support website.
What did you guys do - did the Delta upgrade work, or did you do a full install?

Easiest delta update I’ve ever done.
Just downloaded delta update
Put it on a formatted fat32 usb.
Insert usb into machine(remove WiFi usb )
Go to usb update on pin start update then reboot.

#2807 3 years ago

I just updated to the new code....everything seemed to work fine via WiFi, but when it was finished updating the code installed on the game was 1.16 and not 1.18

#2808 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I just updated to the new code....everything seemed to work fine via WiFi, but when it was finished updating the code installed on the game was 1.16 and not 1.18

Same happen to me.
That’s why I went the usb way.
It worked perfect and is super easy to do.

8C574C9F-4FF1-4342-8B30-93B3540536AF (resized).jpeg8C574C9F-4FF1-4342-8B30-93B3540536AF (resized).jpeg
#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Same happen to me.
It worked perfect and is super easy to do.[quoted image]

Interesting....Why would the USB be different than WiFi? Seems like another bug JJP needs to resolve

#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Yes indeed, but that goes for nearly every pin nowadays.

Thunderbirds says "hold my beer."

#2811 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Interesting....Why would the USB be different than WiFi? Seems like another bug JJP needs to resolve

It sounds like this fixes it. From the 1.18 change log:

* fixed bug that caused games on v01.15, v01.16, and v01.17 to not be able
to update over wifi. owners with games on these versions can download the
USB update from our website to get these games to update

#2812 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

And if I don’t have a computer?

#2813 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Borrow someone’s laptop for 2 minutes to get the download onto usb.
You let them touch your 20k pin they can loan you a laptop for 2 minutes.

#2814 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You need a computer.
They are fairly inexpensive (compared to a GNR CE) and are very helpful for all things pinball including code updates.
While you are at it you should update the code on your Dialed In and WOZ as well. They never had wifi and likely never will.

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

It worked perfect and is super easy to do.

Worked great for me and was super easy. I did the full ISO install to 1.17 last week and the delta update to 1.18 today via USB, took like 30 seconds.

#2816 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I work off a Mac and its always been a pain in the ass to upgrade via USB.....

#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I work off a Mac and its always been a pain in the ass to upgrade via USB.....

well there's your problem ....working with a Mac

#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

well there's your problem ....working with a Mac

is what it is

#2819 3 years ago

I have a hard time believing a CE owner doesn’t have access to a computer. Funny shit right there.

#2820 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have a hard time believing a CE owner doesn’t have access to a computer. Funny shit right there.

Why have wifi if no computer? All that setup when you could just be using your 4 or 5G network if all you got is a mobile? Typing this on an iPad with no sim option lol

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Why have wifi if no computer? All that setup when you could just be using your 4 or 5G network if all you got is a mobile? Typing this on an iPad with no sim option lol

My understanding is that if you have 1.15 - 1.17 WiFi updates won’t work again unless you update to 1.18 via USB. Then WiFi will work for subsequent updates.

#2822 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My understanding is that if you have 1.15 - 1.17 WiFi updates won’t work again unless you update to 1.18 via USB. Then WiFi will work for subsequent updates.

I was joking about the having no computer comment. If you can’t use a usb because you don’t have a computer, why would you have WiFi in the house. ;-p

#2823 3 years ago

Okay what am i doing wrong. My USB is formatted for fat32, I extract gnr_update to my F:/ drive (USB) install in game and Fails

#2824 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Okay what am i doing wrong. My USB is formatted for fat32, I extract gnr_update to my F:/ drive (USB) install in game and Fails

I couldn't install the 1.18 update via USB either. Had to do a full game install. Not sure how, but JJP managed to develop a software update process worse than the one Stern uses.

#2825 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

You aren’t doing anything wrong. Don’t waste your time, it’s all screwed up. Just do a full install. Takes longer, but it works and your settings all remain.

Quoted from twenty84:

I couldn't install the 1.18 update via USB either. Had to do a full game install. Not sure how, but JJP managed to develop a software update process worse than the one Stern uses.

Same here, very frustrating. I never had any issues with stern games, but the jjp process over WiFi was great pre 1.17.

#2826 3 years ago

Now that I have 1.18 installed I regret it as it seems to have introduced some major bugs. Was playing Sweet Child O Mine and made it to the Applause Jackpot. The instant the shot was qualified the flippers died and both balls in play drained. It gave me the jackpot value even though I never made the shot or had a chance to. I think I might be done being an early adopter of these updates.

#2827 3 years ago

game came with 1.15 / the full file 1.18 is 6.38 gb and is to large to transfer to Fat32 so not working.
so does NTTF or exFat format work . which one?
I have my Wifi correctly hooked up and looked like it starting wifi update but bar has not moved in a half hour

#2828 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

game came with 1.15 / the full file 1.18 is 6.38 gb and is to large to transfer to Fat32 so not working.
so does NTTF or exFat format work . which one?
I have my Wifi correctly hooked up and looked like it starting wifi update but bar has not moved in a half hour

It won’t work over WiFi, it will hang forever. Fat32, 8gb usb drive. Download full install file to your pc, use unebooten to create the boot files on your usb drive. Instructions are on jjp support page.

#2829 3 years ago

it is on my pc and files do not transfer to fat32 over 4 gb

Transferring a 4GB or larger file to a USB flash drive or memory card

this is due to FAT32 limitation. Files larger than 4GB can NOT be stored on a FAT32 volume. Formatting the flash drive as exFAT or NTFS will resolve this issue.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#2830 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

it is on my pc and files do not transfer to fat32 over 4 gb
Transferring a 4GB or larger file to a USB flash drive or memory card
this is due to FAT32 limitation. Files larger than 4GB can NOT be stored on a FAT32 volume. Formatting the flash drive as exFAT or NTFS will resolve this issue.

I had no issues with fat32 format on my usb drive. You are using unebooten to unpack the iso file?

#2831 3 years ago

what is unebooten . i will google it .

i have a 14 and 8 gb free san disks free and clear / as pictured above windows shows file to large. google search it and says the same thing files over 4 gb not on Fat32 . so not sure what to do other then just play 1.15 other than find out how some magicly get to put a 6 gb file on a 14 gb Stick fat32 format but mine will not / link to my build https://pcpartpicker.com/b/fVRJ7P built it myself / pretty good around a comp . but hey . seems i cant transfer one file . dohhhh

#2832 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

what is unebooten . i will google it .
i have a 14 and 8 gb free san disks free and clear / as pictured above windows shows file to large. google search it and says the same thing files over 4 gb not on Fat32 . so not sure what to do other then just play 1.15 other than find out how some magicly get to put a 6 gb file on a 14 gb Stick fat32 format but mine will not / link to my build https://pcpartpicker.com/b/fVRJ7P built it myself / pretty good around a comp . but hey . seems i cant transfer one file . dohhhh

It’s not a transfer when you do a full install, you need to use the iso file to create a boot drive. Read the full install instructions on JJPs support page, it’s very clear.

#2833 3 years ago

i see it here now. did not see full instruction tab after i hit download file here http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

#2834 3 years ago

I installed the new 1.18 CE code tonight and it was playing great until I got to pick a song and I selected estranged.played the multi ball and when the last ball drained the whole game froze and rebooted.can anybody else verify if this is something real on their machine or a fluke that happened to me?

#2835 3 years ago

I did a DELTA update from 1.17 to 1.18 just now - via USB and it went fine. However, now I have some other issues. I didn't make applause jackpot on a song and when the balls drained, the computer rebooted... Not sure if that's a bug? Also - when I turn on the machine now, I see a couple of lines of code saying BIOS error (2) and method parse/execution failed (2)....

Quoted from pballjunkie:

I installed the new 1.18 CE code tonight and it was playing great until I got to pick a song and I selected estranged.played the multi ball and when the last ball drained the whole game froze and rebooted.can anybody else verify if this is something real on their machine or a fluke that happened to me?

Mine also rebooted. I reported it a got a file log dump. I would suggest you file a report with JJP support to have a ticket in on it... This shouldn't happen.

#2836 3 years ago

I'm running 1.17 now.

From the feedback so far, it might be better to hold tight until the bugs get worked out in 1.18

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

No fluke. Happened to my LE as well.

#2838 3 years ago

Just drained out of Rocket Queen and machine rebooted.
Actually says reboot on the cmd line as it scrolls up.

#2839 3 years ago

Well.. so I don't see the link on the JJP support page.. only full install and Delta if 1.13? On FB page.. US download Delta link takes you to the full install download.. Does the JJP support page Delta work? if you all ready have full install 1.17?
FB page implies you need to use certain Delta downloads depending on which full install you're on .13/.16.17...
I agree Stern is much easier to download/install updates.

#2840 3 years ago

That full update bricked mine. Stuck doing a factory reboot as we speak

#2841 3 years ago

Had the ball getting stuck at the edge of the spinning record. Started happening about every other game so I ordered some extra record decals from JJP as I knew any work on that mech might require me to sacrifice the existing decal

When I pulled the glass to take a look it was obvious what the issue was
The center screw (under the decal, but topside of game) had come loose
I unscrewed the post by removing the nut on the bottom of the mech under the PF
Then I peeled off the decal, and got 95% of the adhesive to come with it (yay)
Cleaned the remaining adhesive using Goo Gone
Added the screw back along with a fresh dab of blue Loctite
Then alchohol and a wet wipe, before laying on the new decal
All is good now!

Video shows how much play I had and the screw was only loose by maybe a little over a full turn

IMG_1641 (resized).JPGIMG_1641 (resized).JPGIMG_1643 (resized).JPGIMG_1643 (resized).JPGIMG_1645 (resized).JPGIMG_1645 (resized).JPGIMG_1647 (resized).JPGIMG_1647 (resized).JPGIMG_1649 (resized).JPGIMG_1649 (resized).JPGIMG_1651 (resized).JPGIMG_1651 (resized).JPG

#2842 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

You don't want to get ANY of the blue loctite on the plastic disc as you put the screw in the hole. Blue loctite will weaken or degrade plastics it comes in contact with.

#2843 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't want to get ANY of the blue loctite on the plastic disc as you put the screw in the hole. Blue loctite will weaken or degrade plastics it comes in contact with.

Good reminder - thx ... I was careful dropping it in there

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Good reminder - thx ... I was careful dropping it in there

I was mainly adding it for anyone following your lead that may not know.

#2845 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Had the ball getting stuck at the edge of the spinning record. Started happening about every other game so I ordered some extra record decals from JJP as I knew any work on that mech might require me to sacrifice the existing decal
When I pulled the glass to take a look it was obvious what the issue was
The center screw (under the decal, but topside of game) had come loose
I unscrewed the post by removing the nut on the bottom of the mech under the PF
Then I peeled off the decal, and got 95% of the adhesive to come with it (yay)
Cleaned the remaining adhesive using Goo Gone
Then alchohol and a wet wipe, before laying on the new decal
All is good now!
Video shows how much play I had and the screw was only loose by maybe a little over a full turn

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting this MT45, ordered mine today thanks to wcbrandes post yesterday

Ken from Jersey Jack helped me with some stuff in the afternoon and I must say that it was an amazing experience, incredible Customer Service, Ken simply made my day, two thumbs way up to JJP team and especially Ken H.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I was mainly adding it for anyone following your lead that may not know.

... and thank you for that tip brother... next week is my turn to change the spaghetti incident.
I appreciate it Vireland.

#2846 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can confirm. Can also confirm that nail polish remover also destroys the plastic.
Don’t ask.

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can confirm. Can also confirm that nail polish remover also destroys the plastic.
Don’t ask.

franknfurter.giffranknfurter.gif
#2848 3 years ago

Why so many who bought This CE edition Bought it just to Profit from it? Had a feeling?Speculation?
So many of these CE are for sale soon as they hit Their destination.
So most did not buy to Own and play it rather only Profit from it.
this hobby has been ruined by Speculation Buying now . So with prices climbing for a box of circuits and Wood that back in the day cost a few thousand to produce and still only cost thousands to produce the Sale price of a stern pro is 5900 .lol for basically a home pin with a coin door .
And JJP games which are very much so a better grade of parts IMHO is 7k ish for a standard and way Over the top on CE will not go away due to this new norm of Throwing Top dollar Money and hope you get the next TRON Le so to speak .
I own the CE of Gnr Luckily after countless Threats of not getting it even after i paid full price in December right after the announcement it has me worried for future titles i may want .
If i did lose out and then see all these come up for sale at Gouged pricing to the people who were picked just flip them is just Bull Sheet Man..
Distro's Should take a look at the For sale archived ads and see how many of the Customers they sold to just flipped the game at a profit .
.And if said game is Sold out in a few hours of announcement ,these people should get shafted if the game over sells because of a pattern of Flipping for profit .
I lost out on a Met Roadcase to a bunch of profit flippers after i thought i had mine secured . Then Was taken from me and settled on a roadcase which i still have yet the title i wanted (master of pupets le)went to a Profit flipper instead . \
Pissed off and for good reason . Greed /
The game of pinball turned into a Stock market game instead .
Rant over . and have a nice day

#2849 3 years ago

Can't fight supply and demand, sadly.

It happens in every hobby and every market. New to market cars, game consoles, you name it.

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Why so many who bought This CE edition Bought it just to Profit from it? Had a feeling?Speculation?
So many of these CE are for sale soon as they hit Their destination.
So most did not buy to Own and play it rather only Profit from it.
this hobby has been ruined by Speculation Buying now . So with prices climbing for a box of circuits and Wood that back in the day cost a few thousand to produce and still only cost thousands to produce the Sale price of a stern pro is 5900 .lol for basically a home pin with a coin door .
And JJP games which are very much so a better grade of parts IMHO is 7k ish for a standard and way Over the top on CE will not go away due to this new norm of Throwing Top dollar Money and hope you get the next TRON Le so to speak .
I own the CE of Gnr Luckily after countless Threats of not getting it even after i paid full price in December right after the announcement it has me worried for future titles i may want .
If i did lose out and then see all these come up for sale at Gouged pricing to the people who were picked just flip them is just Bull Sheet Man..
Distro's Should take a look at the For sale archived ads and see how many of the Customers they sold to just flipped the game at a profit .
.And if said game is Sold out in a few hours of announcement ,these people should get shafted if the game over sells because of a pattern of Flipping for profit .
I lost out on a Met Roadcase to a bunch of profit flippers after i thought i had mine secured . Then Was taken from me and settled on a roadcase which i still have yet the title i wanted (master of pupets le)went to a Profit flipper instead . \
Pissed off and for good reason . Greed /
The game of pinball turned into a Stock market game instead .
Rant over . and have a nice day

I think stating that "most" bought it to flip isn't accurate. Although clearly some purchased with ZERO intention of ever playing....pinball prices are stupid these days....Look at the price of POTC? $20K for an LE is just stupid, and I own one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.