20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 68.
#2751 3 years ago

On JJP Support website as of 1hr ago 1.14 delta or full install is only update available no 1.16 or 1.17.

#2752 3 years ago

I know a lot of jjGnR owners are waiting for the JJP Tibetan Breeze 3 flipper cooling kit, so I'm posting here (and in the regular owners thread) to let anyone waiting for one know that they'll go up on Pinmonk.com tomorrow (Sat) and start shipping next week. They'll be added to the Pinside Pinmonk store after that. Everyone will be able to get one that wants one, but there may be a backup at the beginning, even though I've stockpiled brackets for the launch.

#2753 3 years ago

So far did not have to tweak anything . Great playing out of the Box/

Message_1615583090663 (resized).jpgMessage_1615583090663 (resized).jpgMessage_1615583150135 (resized).jpgMessage_1615583150135 (resized).jpgMessage_1615591601905 (resized).jpgMessage_1615591601905 (resized).jpg
#2754 3 years ago

Ha! I’m in the same wait boat. It’s madness!

#2755 3 years ago

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20210312_194410 (resized).jpg20210312_194410 (resized).jpg
#2756 3 years ago

Serial number 320
CE 234

#2757 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Serial number 320
CE 234

Congrats, it’s going to be a Long weekend.

#2758 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

WiFi or usb stick?

Wifi. It wasn’t supposed to work but I just gave it a shot and it worked.

#2759 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Same here. Updated to 1.17 via WiFi pretty quickly last night. I have not had any previous WiFi issues either so perhaps just fortunate timing. It did clear my high scores and settings even though it was a delta. Not a big deal for me but not sure that should of happened so FYI.

#2760 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Do you have wifi security on? If so, are you using WEP, WPA (AES or TKIP), or WPA2 (AES or TKIP)? If people that have problems put up their wifi encryption and people that do not have problems do the same, it might bring to light a solution that works for everyone. I really feel like it's a wifi encryption compatibility problem.

#2761 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have wifi security on? If so, are you using WEP, WPA (AES or TKIP), or WPA2 (AES or TKIP)? If people that have problems put up their wifi encryption and people that do not have problems do the same, it might bring to light a solution that works for everyone. I really feel like it's a wifi encryption compatibility problem.

I was able to download the code via WiFi, it just wouldn’t update correctly. Usb delta update wouldn’t work either, full install via usb worked. I opened a ticket and was told there were issues with the software, sounds like maybe it has been fixed. I had updated via WiFi previously with no issues. Hate to see people waste time looking into WiFi issues in their home when it was an issue on JJPs end. I was ready to tear into my game thinking I had WiFi and usb hardware issues and that wasn’t the case.

#2762 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Serial number 320
CE 234

I have serial 234 wanna trade plates?

I wish my plate was 320 but it's 286.....

#2763 3 years ago

Is there a way to see the pictures that the game takes?

#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

I have serial 234 wanna trade plates?
I wish my plate was 320 but it's 286.....

I requested that number to match my TMNTLE. But if I sell it, I'll be more than happy to swap numbers with you. So far, no problems with the game. Did though have to increase the flipper strength and it was shipped with code 1.16. Going to try updating it today.

#2765 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Is there a way to see the pictures that the game takes?

It should cycle through in attract mode to show you the pictures with Slash. I’m not sure if the other ones appear anywhere (the pic of you in the logo while entering your name).

#2766 3 years ago

So when updating to 1.17 it cleared my high scores. Only thing to do was to just do better and set a new GC. I was able to have my best game...by a lot at 102M! I chickened out and cashed out a 63M jackpot on my second song. Unfortunately, as luck would have it Scorbit didn’t record it! It was probably the last chance I would have to get back on the leaderboard as more folks get on there...and as Karl keeps playing

I consider myself a pretty average player so I’m ecstatic and just had to share. I’m not sure I’ll ever see that score again but getting jackpots that high were even more intense and makes me love the game even more...if that was even possible! For those struggling or questioning a purchase, hang in there, learn the nuances and the patches and this thing goes to another level.

#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

It should cycle through in attract mode to show you the pictures with Slash. I’m not sure if the other ones appear anywhere (the pic of you in the logo while entering your name).

Hmmm...It cycles through and shows high scores, but I haven't seen any of the pics.

Maybe it's a setting or something I need to change.

#2768 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Hmmm...It cycles through and shows high scores, but I haven't seen any of the pics.

I’ll double check mine today. Perhaps it is like POTC as I remember those pics coming up periodically but not each cycle. Perhaps it’s after x minutes or after x games played.

#2769 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

So when updating to 1.17 it cleared my high scores. Only thing to do was to just do better and set a new GC. I was able to have my best game...by a lot at 102M! I chickened out and cashed out a 63M jackpot on my second song. Unfortunately, as luck would have it Scorbit didn’t record it! It was probably the last chance I would have to get back on the leaderboard as more folks get on there...and as Karl keeps playing
I consider myself a pretty average player so I’m ecstatic and just had to share. I’m not sure I’ll ever see that score again but getting jackpots that high were even more intense and makes me love the game even more...if that was even possible! For those struggling or questioning a purchase, hang in there, learn the nuances and the patches and this thing goes to another level.

Great score!

#2770 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think you have to cycle through everything like 3 times before the pics show up. That’s how POTC is too.

#2771 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I know a lot of jjGnR owners are waiting for the JJP Tibetan Breeze 3 flipper cooling kit, so I'm posting here (and in the regular owners thread) to let anyone waiting for one know that they'll go up on Pinmonk.com tomorrow (Sat) and start shipping next week. They'll be added to the Pinside Pinmonk store after that. Everyone will be able to get one that wants one, but there may be a backup at the beginning, even though I've stockpiled brackets for the launch.

I’ve been checking your site DAILY hoping for these to come in... now they’re put of stock?!

Congrats on a quick sell through. Hopefully you’ll be listing more soon. I’d really like a set! The fade is REAL.

#2772 3 years ago

On 1.14 and trying to get WiFi update to 1.17. Keep getting "download error" message. Updated earlier over WiFi no problem.

Thought on how to fix this?

#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Flippers when not in a game. My kids cycle through them.

Photo Mar 11, 6 49 20 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Mar 11, 6 49 20 PM (resized).jpg
#2774 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Mine did as well tonight but when it’s booting up look to see if it shows 1.16!

Mine shows 1.17 from WiFi update

20210313_131808 (resized).jpg20210313_131808 (resized).jpg
#2775 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I’ve been checking your site DAILY hoping for these to come in... now they’re put of stock?!
Congrats on a quick sell through. Hopefully you’ll be listing more soon. I’d really like a set! The fade is REAL.

Don't panic. I'm just adding all the JJP machines for the kit, so it's turned off (0 stock) until I get that done. It FEELS like this is a jjGnR kit, but it's really for all JJP machines.

Should be live shortly.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2776 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't panic. I'm just adding all the JJP machines for the kit, so it's turned off (0 stock) until I get that done. It FEELS like this is a jjGnR kit, but it's really for all JJP machines.
Should be live shortly.

Just checked by chance and saw them available. Just ordered! Excited for these as I’m just starting to get pretty good at this game and games are lasting longer! Thanks for all your research and for providing a great solution @vireland!

#2777 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Should be live shortly.

just ordered a set for GnR any idea when shipping? Cheers

#2778 3 years ago

Is it worth upgrading to 1.17? I’m still on 1.14, due to all the issues people have been posting

#2779 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Just checked by chance and saw them available. Just ordered! Excited for these as I’m just starting to get pretty good at this game and games are lasting longer! Thanks for all your research and for providing a great solution vireland!

Me too.

#2780 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

just ordered a set for GnR any idea when shipping? Cheers

This coming week.

#2781 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I requested that number to match my TMNTLE. But if I sell it, I'll be more than happy to swap numbers with you. So far, no problems with the game. Did though have to increase the flipper strength and it was shipped with code 1.16. Going to try updating it today.

Sounds good, Thank you!

#2782 3 years ago
Quoted from MGM2:

I think you have to cycle through everything like 3 times before the pics show up. That’s how POTC is too.

I'm sure I'm not the first to figure this out, but if you double tap the left flipper button in attract mode, the high score pics cycle onto the screen.

#2783 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This coming week.

Sold out already

#2784 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Sold out already

Don't worry, I'll open up again. I just wanted to control the flow of orders a little so I wasn't buried under a pile and it took a month to get them all out anyway. As soon as I get caught up, I'll open it again - probably in a week or so.

#2785 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did the previous updates work via Wi-Fi (and is scorbit working)? If so, I’m not sure how the encryption could only affect this update but not those. I’ve got a complex ubiquity system, 2G and 5G (on same Wi-Fi name). Authentication is WPA2 (not sure on AES or TKIP, whatever the default is).

#2786 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I was able to download the code via WiFi, it just wouldn’t update correctly. Usb delta update wouldn’t work either, full install via usb worked. I opened a ticket and was told there were issues with the software, sounds like maybe it has been fixed. I had updated via WiFi previously with no issues. Hate to see people waste time looking into WiFi issues in their home when it was an issue on JJPs end. I was ready to tear into my game thinking I had WiFi and usb hardware issues and that wasn’t the case.

I think this is right as long as other Wi-Fi functions are working, can’t see how this would tie to Wi-Fi.

#2787 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Did the previous updates work via Wi-Fi (and is scorbit working)? If so, I’m not sure how the encryption could only affect this update but not those. I’ve got a complex ubiquity system, 2G and 5G (on same Wi-Fi name). Authentication is WPA2 (not sure on AES or TKIP, whatever the default is).

JJP might be changing the wifi to make it work with more situations between the versions and did the opposite? Dunno. I just know that the kind of encryption can make some things not work here on certain crappy cheap wifi dongles.

How long have you had the Ubiquiti setup? I tried it and could not deal with the quirks, especially with apple products. Went to a pair of meshed Ruckus Zoneflex R610 and never looked back. Their support/install requirements are a BS extra money grab, but the Ubiquiti support experience I had wasn't anything to write home about, either.

#2788 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP might be changing the wifi to make it work with more situations between the versions and did the opposite? Dunno. I just know that the kind of encryption can make some things not work here on certain crappy cheap wifi dongles.
How long have you had the Ubiquiti setup? I tried it and could not deal with the quirks, especially with apple products. Went to a pair of meshed Ruckus Zoneflex R610 and never looked back. Their support/install requirements are a BS extra money grab, but the Ubiquiti support experience I had wasn't anything to write home about, either.

I’ve had it for several years now, 5 or 6 access points. Just installed a UniFi managed router (dream machine pro) and UniFi managed POE switches. I’ve loved the Wi-Fi aspect, hoping the router works out (just installed today actually). The only issue I’ve had with Wi-Fi are there are some older or dumber Wi-Fi devices (my garage door for example) that can’t connect unless I disable all but one access point. I really like the technology. I don’t have any mesh, every WAP has cat5/cat6 to the panel. Never had much luck with the mesh setup. I’m an old IT nerd, so I toy with a lot.

#2789 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I’ve had it for several years now, 5 or 6 access points. Just installed a UniFi managed router (dream machine pro) and UniFi managed POE switches. I’ve loved the Wi-Fi aspect, hoping the router works out (just installed today actually). The only issue I’ve had with Wi-Fi are there are some older or dumber Wi-Fi devices (my garage door for example) that can’t connect unless I disable all but one access point. I really like the technology. I don’t have any mesh, every WAP has cat5/cat6 to the panel. Never had much luck with the mesh setup. I’m an old IT nerd, so I toy with a lot.

Ruckus ZoneFlex features a self healing mesh network that you can extend wherever you want by adding another unit. Plus the range on each unit is fantastic. No fiddling, it just works. And the amount of control you get can get using the app that gives you the system overview is as granular as you want. It's the bomb dot com, and I don't hand out praise for hardware easily.

And, uh...er, I'm sure it works great with jjGnR. There, back on topic.

#2790 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't worry, I'll open up again. I just wanted to control the flow of orders a little so I wasn't buried under a pile and it took a month to get them all out anyway. As soon as I get caught up, I'll open it again - probably in a week or so.

Glad i kept bashing F5 on the website and got in the first run. These things are gonna sell like hotcakes. (pun intenden) Thanks for the effort you put into these. Karl surely is a perfect tester for these since he tends to trap the balls alot. Looking forward to installing these.

#2791 3 years ago

Just curious to CE owners. Did you get a Shirt .
Had thought a Gnr Shirt was with The CE . No matter if not the game is Great and gives me goosebumps while playing

#2792 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Had thought a Gnr Shirt was with The CE .

No.

LTG : )

#2793 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I’ve got the uniFi system as well and the download worked quickly & perfectly (Ive got gigabit service and 700mb wireless download speed via the uniFi AP) but after downloading the file, the GnR machine requests that I hit start to INSTALL the downloaded file...upon pressing Start, the machine simply reboots before completing the Install...leaving it on 1.16.

I guess JJP must be aware of an issue on their end since they’ve taken down the updates for now.

#2794 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Just curious to CE owners. Did you get a Shirt .
Had thought a Gnr Shirt was with The CE .

I got a CE but had to buy my shirt at Target. They also sell LZ shirts for the Stern crowd.

Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I’ve got the uniFi system as well and the download worked quickly & perfectly (Ive got gigabit service and 700mb wireless download speed via the uniFi AP) but after downloading the file, the GnR machine requests that I hit start to INSTALL the downloaded file...upon pressing Start, the machine simply reboots before completing the Install...leaving it on 1.16.
I guess JJP must be aware of an issue on their end since they’ve taken down the updates for now.

I had the same issue. Said it would install 1.17 then 1.16 was still there on restart. Apparently a few people were actually able to install it over Wi-fi. It is now gone from the JJP website so my guess is they realized it had issues.

#2795 3 years ago

Is the only way to score big on this game through multiball play? I am not the biggest fan of multiball and I am having trouble finding any other way to play. I typically do very poorly on multiball modes on all my games, basically just flailing around until I am back down to one ball.

#2796 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Is the only way to score big on this game through multi ball play? I am not the biggest fan of multi ball and I am having trouble finding any other way to play. I typically do very poorly on multi ball modes on all my games, basically just flailing around until I am back down to one ball.

Yes, all of the points are in multiball (song modes)

#2797 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Is the only way to score big on this game through multiball play? I am not the biggest fan of multiball and I am having trouble finding any other way to play. I typically do very poorly on multiball modes on all my games, basically just flailing around until I am back down to one ball.

Booster MBs first, hit as many jackpots as possible

#2798 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Don't sweat it man I've got a couple system 11 's here that only have two ball multiball.
Maybe we can work something out?

#2799 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Stop flailing. This game will make you better at multi-ball play.

#2800 3 years ago

I am surprised JJP went this route, I like the odd multiball to enhance play, but I am not sure I like it as the main event.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/56?hl=antron77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.