20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 68.
#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

A couple things - first I made it to the War Games mode, have no idea how I got there, but thought my machine was busted at first, lol. Tricked me, my heart dropped for a second!
Second, I finished the Civil War song, and it killed my flippers, drained all the balls, and I went from Ball 2 to Ball 3 (I think), when I was expecting it to go to encore. At first I thought maybe I had some sort of automatic updates turned on and it gave me the bad one, but then I looked and I have 1.13 (which I thought I had updated past before, but can't remember). Would this have been by design or am I imagining things?

that happened with my wife while she was playing.... WarGames Mode definitely "Two Thumbs Way Up" by Jersey Jack! I don’t want that mode changed at all, now we need something nice in "Desert Demolition".

#2702 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

The non-commented ones. CE Rating was 9.5 last week and this week there are about 25% more reviews without comments and the rating is more like 9.0... so those new 25% must’ve averaged about 7... considering some are legit then I bet the bad ones are 5 or less. Come on. Clearly spam.
But yeah it’s just noise

It happens to every game that’s at number one (WW, TMNT, etc) but most don’t stay there like GnR did.

#2703 3 years ago

Got my CE email this morning for the next batch shipping. Hopefully 7-10 days for arrival and hoping for no shipping damage issues. Now its the hassle of counting down the days. Sooooooooon!!!!!

#2704 3 years ago

Having issues doing the WIFI update to 1.17. Looks like I am going to have to do a full install. Before I do that I want to backup myt settings and scores. I see the menu option to backup settings. Does this also backup scores? Or is there another menu option to backup high scores?

Thanks
Ed

#2705 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I see the menu option to backup settings. Does this also backup scores?

Back up saves settings, scores, pictures the game took with scores. If you put a custom image in the game, it doesn't save that. You need to redo that if you want.

LTG : )

#2706 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Back up saves settings, scores, pictures the game took with scores. If you put a custom image in the game, it doesn't save that. You need to redo that if you want.

Thanks Lloyd!

#2707 3 years ago

I've got a bad switch. #47 left ramp made. The part number is 18-003003-00.

I've looked online, and can't find anything matching that number.

Is going through JJP the only way to get that?

#2708 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I've got a bad switch. #47 left ramp made. The part number is 18-003003-00.
I've looked online, and can't find anything matching that number.
Is going through JJP the only way to get that?

Are you sure it's bad? Do you hear it click when you press it slowly with your finger? It seems really unlikely it would die this soon.

It's just a regular B/W type switch. The actuator length and diode placement are the only things unique to it. How long is the switch blade on the one you have there?

This is a 1.5" actuator switch (there are other lengths on Pinball Life, too, but you'll need to add the diode to whichever one you get (either transfer the diode off the one you have, paying attention to the band orientation, or with a new diode):

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-sub-microswitch-with-15-actuator.html

#2709 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you sure it's bad? Do you hear it click when you press it slowly with your finger?

No click unfortunately.

#2710 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you sure it's bad? Do you hear it click when you press it slowly with your finger? It seems really unlikely it would die this soon.
It's just a regular switch. The actuator length and diode placement are the only things unique to it. How long is the switch blade on the one you have there?
This is a 1.5" actuator switch, but you'll need to add the diode to it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-sub-microswitch-with-15-actuator.html

Agreed. I don't think it went bad, I think it was just a bad switch from the jump. I just unboxed the game.

That's pretty much what I figured, but thanks for the conformation.

I'm sure I have some switches around with my spare parts I could use.

#2711 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Agreed. I don't think it went bad, I think it was just a bad switch from the jump. I just unboxed the game.
That's pretty much what I figured, but thanks for the conformation.
I'm sure I have some switches around with my spare parts I could use.

Yeah, if you have a spare parts bin, you likely have a switch body that works, and in some cases you can use the correct actuator blade on the existing switch by popping it off the body and putting it on a spare parts switch you have that may have the wrong length actuator. Just be sure to put the diode on and get the band orientation right.

#2712 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, if you have a spare parts bin, you likely have a switch body that works, and in some cases you can use the correct actuator blade on the existing switch by popping it off the body and putting it on a spare parts switch you have that may have the wrong length actuator. Just be sure to put the diode on and get the band orientation right.

I just found a switch that should work nicely. Thanks for the help!

#2713 3 years ago

Has anyone been successful with the 1.17 update? I try it over wifi but after reboot I’m still at 1.16.

#2714 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Has anyone been successful with the 1.17 update? I try it over wifi but after reboot I’m still at 1.16.

Do a full install, you will waste a lot of time trying the delta update via usb or WiFi right now. You will not lose your settings if you choose not to do a factory reset during the install, I didn’t. Full install takes about 15 mins to create the file and 10 mins to install it. Full and clear directions are on the support page. Or back up your settings via usb.

#2715 3 years ago

I thought I'd post about my switch issue in case it could help someone else.

I learned something this morning from Ken at JJP (excellent customer service as always) I told him there wasn't a click on the switch, and that I couldn't even see the button that the arm presses in.

It was a 2 second fix. I just had to loosen the screws on the switch and the button popped right out and it's working great.

I love easy fixes!

#2716 3 years ago

Thanks for that info, I have the same issue on the left ramp entrance.

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I thought I'd post about my switch issue in case it could help someone else.
I learned something this morning from Ken at JJP (excellent customer service as always) I told him there wasn't a click on the switch, and that I couldn't even see the button that the arm presses in.
It was a 2 second fix. I just had to loosen the screws on the switch and the button popped right out and it's working great.
I love easy fixes!

D'oh! I *almost* suggested that. Glad you got it worked out!

#2718 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Thanks for that info, I have the same issue on the left ramp entrance.

FWIW, I found that my spinner wasn't under the switch blade which kept the left entrance ramp switch from working.
A pretty quick fix.

#2719 3 years ago

Anyone waiting on parts for their CE from JJP? My glass arrive scratched and the back box monitor video is intermittent. It’s been 30 days and I’m still waiting for the replacements. Not a big deal waiting on the glass, but the monitor issue is annoying. I’ve managed to improve it by using the HDMI cable and electrical tape to apply pressure to the connector, but it still goes out every other day.

#2720 3 years ago

Absolutely zero luck trying to download the update on a mac. I've tried right clicking and control clicking, with no results or options to download 1.17. No Guns and Roses code is listed under Full Game Install or Delta Upgrade and hitting the download button under the downloads page just takes you to a broken 404 page.

#2721 3 years ago

Will Keefer let is know when you can download 1.17 safely, using your machines wifi?

#2722 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Will Keefer let is know when you can download 1.17 safely, using your machines wifi?

it worked fine on mine yesterday, not sure if that helps. Literally took like 5 seconds and rebooted, good to go.

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

it worked fine on mine yesterday, not sure if that helps. Literally took like 5 seconds and rebooted, good to go.

I tried yesterday and within 1 second it said failed!

#2724 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Same for me

#2725 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Im still leaning towards router protocol issues if you home network signal levels are solid. To fix this would require your home router configuration to be changed.
If you are having ongoing problems with WiFi updates I would highly recommend following LTG's advice and stick to the stick

#2726 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Im still leaning towards router protocol issues if you home network signal levels are solid. To fix this would require your home router configuration to be changed.
If you are having ongoing problems with WiFi updates I would highly recommend following LTG's advice and stick to the stick

I don't think anyone has been able to install 1.17 over wifi. Router protocol issues and home network signal levels seem unlikely to be the problem.

#2727 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I don't think anyone has been able to install 1.17 over wifi. Router protocol issues and home network signal levels seem unlikely to be the problem.

This is correct. JJP is aware there are WiFi update issues. Hold tight everyone.

#2728 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Or just turn off encryption on the router and test with no encryption. If it works, you're using an incompatible encryption for the dongle JJP is using. Someone replaced the dongle with one they bought and it solved the problem.

#2729 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or just turn off encryption on the router and test with no encryption. If it works, you're using an incompatible encryption for the dongle JJP is using. Someone replaced the dongle with one they bought and it solved the problem.

Mine worked. I guess I got lucky.

#2730 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I set my machine up today it was on 1.12 and updated to 1.17 over wifi with no issue.

#2731 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Do not worry about the ratings too much. People that have never played the game rate it high and other people that have never played the game rate it low. Everyone is entitled to rate the game, same as every other game.

thats true, but if a game sucks and you just spent $10k on it, your less likely to rate a pin low. no one wants to admit they made a bad purchase. I have not played gnr. my friend says its really good and plans to buy one. I trust his opinion, when I get a chance to play it, I probably will want one too. But I never trust any ratings.

#2732 3 years ago

This may be a dumb question but, where do the extra plastics go? I have a few plastics and no mention in the setup guide. Anyone know?

I have Serial 234 plaque 286.

TIA,
Tom

Photo Mar 11, 5 23 24 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Mar 11, 5 23 24 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Mar 11, 9 01 37 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Mar 11, 9 01 37 PM (resized).jpg
#2733 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

This may be a dumb question but, where do the extra plastics go? I have a few plastics and no mention in the setup guide.

Can you post a picture ? Then we'd know where or if they are for key chains.

#2734 3 years ago

Has anyone ever seen the movie “priest?” Upon GnR release I had my finger on the CE order but being this was my first NIB purchase (couldn’t have picked a better first) I shit the bed n went LE(not really all 3 are home runs) and have been torturing myself ever since .Not so much the package but having it already .A gentleman and big dog in the pinball industry had me n my kids over and I got a couple games in recently .Needless to say it’s been on my mind ever since .I can’t shake it even after picking up a DP last week .I’m in need of a 30 day program if it doesn’t come soon .Can anyone in the know just tell me it’s April so I can rest my head .Any solid info would be much appreciated .

#2735 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Mine updated to 1.17 over WiFi just perfectly. Took less than a minute. All good over here.

#2736 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can you post a picture ? Then we'd know where or if they are for key chains.

They’re way too big for key chains! I’ll take some pictures tomorrow morning. You’re the man, LTG. Or woman. Lol

#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Or the encryption you're using on your router is compatible. (Or hopefully not, but no encryption enabled on your router's wifi - that will also work...)

#2738 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Mine updated to 1.17 over WiFi just perfectly. Took less than a minute. All good over here.

Mine did as well tonight but when it’s booting up look to see if it shows 1.16!

#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

They’re way too big for key chains! I’ll take some pictures tomorrow morning. You’re the man, LTG. Or woman. Lol

Didn’t want to wait.

8A8F4F60-BEF4-4781-B280-5385D8390230 (resized).jpeg8A8F4F60-BEF4-4781-B280-5385D8390230 (resized).jpegFE7D80EC-EC9A-45C4-9B80-A22C3D21F140 (resized).jpegFE7D80EC-EC9A-45C4-9B80-A22C3D21F140 (resized).jpeg
#2740 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Didn’t want to wait.
[quoted image][quoted image]

First one's a mini topper. Put the left and right legs on the bottom to stand it up.

Other one is spare sling plastics and keychain fobs.

Last one looks like mylar pieces, some spare rubbers and a flipper bushing spacer.

#2741 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has anyone ever seen the movie “priest?” Upon GnR release I had my finger on the CE order but being this was my first NIB purchase (couldn’t have picked a better first) I shit the bed n went LE(not really all 3 are home runs) and have been torturing myself ever since .Not so much the package but having it already .A gentleman and big dog in the pinball industry had me n my kids over and I got a couple games in recently .Needless to say it’s been on my mind ever since .I can’t shake it even after picking up a DP last week .I’m in need of a 30 day program if it doesn’t come soon .Can anyone in the know just tell me it’s April so I can rest my head .Any solid info would be much appreciated .

Calm down and get ahold of yourself!

18AE1C9B-B15A-42D7-8DBA-627CC4974702.gif18AE1C9B-B15A-42D7-8DBA-627CC4974702.gif
#2742 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Can you screenshot where it says version 1.17 on boot up? You might still see 1.16.

#2743 3 years ago

374, in the house!!!! Its been a roller coaster ride, I ordered from my distro minuets after the release in October without even seeing the game but knowing that I had to have it! Then I was told there are no games available, but my disto was going to try to get one for me. I didn't hear anything for months, and had lost hope, but then all the sudden boom, got the notice, payed the final payment, and a week later it showed up! J.J. From Game Exchange of Colorado is the best! My only other game is Data East GnR they will both be bolted to the floor forever!

712085E2-A7E6-424B-8238-259BB4450B61 (resized).jpeg712085E2-A7E6-424B-8238-259BB4450B61 (resized).jpeg
#2744 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Calm down and get ahold of yourself![quoted image]

Lmfao

#2745 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:Can you screenshot where it says version 1.17 on boot up? You might still see 1.16.
6561B844-8275-4970-B249-27771F92474F (resized).jpeg6561B844-8275-4970-B249-27771F92474F (resized).jpeg

#2746 3 years ago

My review.

This is the most fun I've ever had playing pinball.

It puts a smile on my face like I'm a little kid. never rated a game a 10 before, but I think this game deserves it. There are so many great moments in this game, I wouldn't even try to list them all. The whole experience from the shots, layout, gameplay, music, theme integration, lights, etc...is soooo satisfying, rewarding, fun, and it really gets the adrenaline going with the risk/reward.

Everything about this pin is excellent.

- I think it's the best theme integration I've ever seen. The sculpts on the playfield are amazing. The assets.... animations, pictures, videos, and how they are incorporated throughout the game are incredible.

- I think it's the best looking pin I've ever seen...I'm a big fan of Arian Buhler. It's stunning.

- It's the best sounding pin I've ever heard. The speaker on the topper adds a new dimension to the sound. 22 tracks from the master recordings.

- The layout is creative and a blast to shoot. Little touches like diverters on both main ramps that add variety to what the shots do are great. Both orbits scream around with great flow....I love that. The ramp shot off the upper right flipper is smooth, fast, challenging, and repeatable. The inner orbit with the spinner is great. The center scoop is satisfying to hit. The upper playfields are challenging and play fast...the ball is always moving. I really like the shot through the pops to the Axl area with the magnet...a fun/challenging and long shot. The gameplay is sooooo good!

- The light show is the GOAT...not a close second.

- The code is great! I love the risk reward of the song jackpots, and the variety of each song. The mini wizard modes are awesome.

I don't know what else I could say. It's sets a new standard in so many ways.

#2747 3 years ago

#375 in the house . wWooooooooot . now to go back in this thread to the Backbox wires hookup as it looks like i have diff connectors ////

#2748 3 years ago

WiFi or usb stick?

#2749 3 years ago

Number 17 has arrived, pending some heavy lifters to get up 17 stairs and a wicked U turn. Should have it up and running by 7pm this evening and am expecting an evening of gaming and rock shows. Ordered the Art of Pinball shooter rod and speaker set for this one. Not sure what else will be needed other than some cliffy's.

#2750 3 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Number 17 has arrived, pending some heavy lifters to get up 17 stairs and a wicked U turn. Should have it up and running by 7pm this evening and am expecting an evening of gaming and rock shows. Ordered the Art of Pinball shooter rod and speaker set for this one. Not sure what else will be needed other than some cliffy's.

I'd say I feel for you but I have like 36 steps and 45 turns. I don't have a basement, the game room is on the top floor! but, it made it.....

Photo Mar 11, 5 30 49 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Mar 11, 5 30 49 PM (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/55?hl=antron77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.