20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 68.
#2651 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The app looks pretty awesome Vic
I was thinking a little more basic, similar to what Stern does.
Hoping the audio team at JJP might have the resources to implement some basic EQ options would be super cool.
GnR is a super worthy title for some audio upscaling.
No doubt that this would be appreciated by many and once developed could obviously be carried on to future titles.
Hope its in the works

Just get the Pinwoofer kit. It gives you everything you're asking for.

#2652 3 years ago

Which kit exactly?

#2654 3 years ago

bought this and one for Elvira LE will report back after installed!

#2655 3 years ago

Great, giving it a try.

#2656 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Is JJP hardware an OS capable of coding / implementing an EQ ?

Sounds like they could add a digital EQ but one of the issues is that there is only one 3.5mm line out on the machine. That EQ would be adjusting both the backbox and soundbar at the same time. Not terrible but I have mine set quite a bit different now and an EQ that was common to the line would not work for me. I'd take the feature in a second though if only in order to EQ the backbox speakers - my soundbar is on it's own amp with tone controls.

#2657 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Sounds like they could add a digital EQ but one of the issues is that there is only one 3.5mm line out on the machine. That EQ would be adjusting both the backbox and soundbar at the same time. Not terrible but I have mine set quite a bit different now and an EQ that was common to the line would not work for me. I'd take the feature in a second though if only in order to EQ the backbox speakers - my soundbar is on it's own amp with tone controls.

Agree 100%. My main issue was that the soundbar and the back box speakers didn’t sound EQed similarly enough together. Digital EQ or Pinwoofer would adjust both together simultaneously i believe. The idea behind our fixes was that it adjusted them separately to eventually make them more similar and synergistic.

#2658 3 years ago

I've seen a few cut flipper rubbers. Noob question but are all flipper rubbers the same size? Do you recommend any particular spares for the CE?

TIA,
Tom

#2659 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Agree 100%. My main issue was that the soundbar and the back box speakers didn’t sound EQed similarly enough together. Digital EQ or Pinwoofer would adjust both together simultaneously i believe. The idea behind our fixes was that it adjusted them separately to eventually make them more similar and synergistic.

Did you make sure the soundbar speakers weren't plugged in backwards, creating a R/L swap?

#2660 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Pinwoofer offers a line trimmer this goes inline before the topper sound bar. Allows you to balance back box and sound bar

#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

It’s not as cool as what mt45 did, but I too wasn’t super happy with the soundbar audio out of the box. I felt like it needed an EQ more than anything, and I wanted to give it a try with the stock speakers and amp, since I really don’t know their quality (good or bad). So I added just the preamp and kept the rest. I found one on Amazon for $50 that has bass and treble adjustments, and 3.5mm in and out so you can just install it in series up at the top ahead of the soundbar. I’m happy with the sound now. I’m sure it’s not as killer as the Klipsch setup (my personal home theater is Klipsch all the way) but it is a notable upgrade over stock. This could be considered as a simpler and cheaper ($50), but not as substantial, upgrade.
Nobsound NS-10P Mini Vacuum Tube Preamp Audio Hi-Fi Stereo Pre-Amplifier Treble & Bass Control amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you need any other cables with it, assuming you also installed the noise isolator?

#2662 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you make sure the soundbar speakers weren't plugged in backwards, creating a R/L swap?

I did. And I appreciate that info so I did it right from the start!

#2663 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Pinwoofer offers a line trimmer this goes inline before the topper sound bar. Allows you to balance back box and sound bar

Cool, good to know, sounds like that will work then

#2664 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Did you need any other cables with it, assuming you also installed the noise isolator?

You need two 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm male cables. My isolator came with one. They can be found for about $1.50 on eBay

#2665 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Spot on Charger68 !

We'll get the line trimmer added to the website.

We have another board that lets you route to external (stage) monitors and a sub from the coin door location. Control the volume from there. (We've helped some guys doing some over the top / fun stuff!)

This sort of accessory is pretty simple for us. If you guys want us to tape out a general RCA / TRS splitter board, active EQ board, preamp or other boards to support your sound bar or external projects what might be of general interest?

Just need it to get defined and worth while.

https://PinWoofer.com

20210205_155259 (resized).jpg20210205_155259 (resized).jpg
#2666 3 years ago

Is there a consensus on the larger slingshot rubber?

Necessary? Should we modify the manual with the larger size?

Are any of the other rubbers that should be swapped for a larger size?

Lastly has anyone experimented with different colors for the slingshot rubber? Clear looks like the best option but I am interested to know what others are doing.

#2667 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Necessary? Should we modify the manual with the larger size?
Are any of the other rubbers that should be swapped for a larger size?
Lastly has anyone experimented with different colors for the slingshot rubber? Clear looks like the best option but I am interested to know what others are doing.

I had early wear and replaced the original sling rubbers with new titans of the same size and they are wearing fine.
I personally don't think an upsize is needed.

#2668 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

If you likes balls getting stuck under there. Go for it.

LTG : )

#2669 3 years ago

Quick question. Did you all remove the bottom leg bolts before using a handtruck?

Just wondering if they will scrape the ground if not removed.

#2670 3 years ago

All right CE # 303 (serial number 291) .. just took delivery.. so no pics had to go back to work. Looking forward to joining the club tonight!

#2671 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Quick question. Did you all remove the bottom leg bolts before using a handtruck?
Just wondering if they will scrape the ground if not removed.

When the game is soldiered ( on its back ) it is resting on skids which keep the bolts from coming in contact with the ground, provided the bolts are screwed most if not all of the way in.

#2672 3 years ago

Any updates on the 1.17 code for wifi?

#2673 3 years ago

1.17 is available for download via WiFi

#2674 3 years ago

I just updated to 1.17.... But my machine won't complete it. It says downloading then reboots and nothing.... Still 1.16....

Any ideas?

#2675 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I just updated to 1.17.... But my machine won't complete it. It says downloading then reboots and nothing.... Still 1.16....
Any ideas?

One thing that interferes is not leaving your coindoor open during the update.

#2676 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

One thing that interferes is not leaving your coindoor open during the update.

Spoke to JJP support and they said there is a big with this. My router is right next to the machine and never left the coin door open before.... Says 100% strength on my router settings in the machine.

Anyway, I reset the router and power cycled the machine. Just tried again and no luck... Says it downloads the update and installs it, but upon reboot it still has 1.16.

Anyone else with these issues?

#2677 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Spoke to JJP support and they said there is a big with this. My router is right next to the machine and never left the coin door open before.... Says 100% strength on my router settings in the machine.
Anyway, I reset the router and power cycled the machine. Just tried again and no luck... Says it downloads the update and installs it, but upon reboot it still has 1.16.
Anyone else with these issues?

Same here 1.16 after download

#2678 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Same here 1.16 after download

The delta to 1.17 is on the website. Quick and easy.

#2679 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have never tried to do that - and afraid I will loose my scores, and reset everything.... Also - if the automated download doesn't work - WTF ? It should - it's one of the things they advertise and frankly I love the ease.

My confusion for wifi updates is that it has worked FLAWLESSLY for me - on all the other updates. I think there's something messed up in the code they are downloading via wifi.

#2680 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not so easy as most of us that have tried updating, end up back on 1.16 after the update completes. The update seems to be bugged!

#2681 3 years ago

Looks like CE is getting review bombed? A lot of low reviews over the last few days without any comments

#2682 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Looks like CE is getting review bombed? A lot of low reviews over the last few days without any comments

That list is garbage. Pay it no mind.

#2683 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks lloyd, for any one else having trouble, you gotta follow the directions to the t. The usb stick needs both the zip file and the extracted file on it to work. I tried with just the extracted file and it failed. All good now

#2684 3 years ago

I'm having issues updating my game.

I just got my game and it's running 1.15.

It downloads the 1.17 just fine, but when doesn't make any progress installing the update.

I've turned the game off, downloaded the update again, and didn't have any luck.

Any ideas?

1990ECC9-E4C9-46EF-99A7-4459AC660057 (resized).jpeg1990ECC9-E4C9-46EF-99A7-4459AC660057 (resized).jpeg
#2685 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Not so easy as most of us that have tried updating, end up back on 1.16 after the update completes. The update seems to be bugged!

Seems to be bugged for doing it by WiFi. I haven't hear any issues doing it by USB stick.

#2686 3 years ago

USB stick the old fashioned way.

#2687 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Stern pissed off Fanboys. I love it that they are pissed at this masterpiece.

#2688 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

and afraid I will loose my scores, and reset everything....

Geepers. It takes less than a minute to back up your settings. Same to put them back in.

No need to be afraid.

#2689 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm having issues updating my game.
I just got my game and it's running 1.15.
It downloads the 1.17 just fine, but when doesn't make any progress installing the update.
I've turned the game off, downloaded the update again, and didn't have any luck.
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Mine froze there using stick. I waited it out and it eventually went through

#2690 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

#2691 3 years ago

Of course I’m joking but still find it funny. I guess we don’t need to flood the ratings for LZ?

#2692 3 years ago

So, this game is a fucking masterpiece.

It's literally so good that SE owners think they have the best version, because they couldn't imagine it being better. LE owners think they have the best version, because they can't imagine anything better. And CE owners know they have the best version, because they have the most deluxe version.

Also, My LE is better than the CE.

#2693 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

No doubt...is there a way to see all the ratings? I can see comments, but it would be interesting to see the ratings from people who probably haven't even played the game let alone seen an CE....theres only about 250 in the wild at the moment

#2694 3 years ago

CE #360 in the house
Wow this game looks amazing in person.
Blown away by the playfield, light show is insane.
Sound is amazing as is.

#2695 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

What are you going on about?

I can only see 1 bad review..

#2696 3 years ago

A couple things - first I made it to the War Games mode, have no idea how I got there, but thought my machine was busted at first, lol. Tricked me, my heart dropped for a second!

Second, I finished the Civil War song, and it killed my flippers, drained all the balls, and I went from Ball 2 to Ball 3 (I think), when I was expecting it to go to encore. At first I thought maybe I had some sort of automatic updates turned on and it gave me the bad one, but then I looked and I have 1.13 (which I thought I had updated past before, but can't remember). Would this have been by design or am I imagining things?

#2697 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What are you going on about?
I can only see 1 bad review..

The non-commented ones. CE Rating was 9.5 last week and this week there are about 25% more reviews without comments and the rating is more like 9.0... so those new 25% must’ve averaged about 7... considering some are legit then I bet the bad ones are 5 or less. Come on. Clearly spam.

But yeah it’s just noise

#2698 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

The non-commented ones. CE Rating was 9.5 last week and this week there are about 25% more reviews without comments and the rating is more like 9.0... so those new 25% must’ve averaged about 7... considering some are legit then I bet the bad ones are 5 or less. Come on. Clearly spam.
But yeah it’s just noise

Do not worry about the ratings too much. People that have never played the game rate it high and other people that have never played the game rate it low. Everyone is entitled to rate the game, same as every other game.

#2699 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Any ideas?

I’m in that same boat....they know about it so it’ll probably be fixed soon.

#2700 3 years ago

CE #212

Serial number 272 delivered

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/54?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.