20210912_112132 (resized).jpg
20210912_131833 (resized).jpg
F24C0366-43CB-4DDD-B8F3-87879EE5A480 (resized).jpeg
EA32CADA-FF90-4ABC-9394-C38A406CD8B3 (resized).jpeg
F4FC675C-34E2-471A-BA6D-3773EDD51AC2 (resized).jpeg
C4C90C63-F428-40FC-807A-E61E184C24BD (resized).jpeg
0E55B963-1A48-42A9-A89A-8254E3524476.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 68.
#2601 9 months ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It’s all subjective, right?
I’m just trying to help people understand where they’re going wrong if they disagree with me! Haha

Haha .... agreed

#2602 9 months ago

I’ve never bothered with ratings. I’ll say this, though. I have a collection of 19 pins and GNR is easily the best. It absolutely has set a new bar, at least for me.

#2603 9 months ago

It would be nice on startup if the game did a software upgrade check and then give you the option to install or not .... is this an option in settings?

#2604 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It would be nice on startup if the game did a software upgrade check and then give you the option to install or not .... is this an option in settings?

Love that idea! It's something that could easily be done now that it has wifi. Deeproot is doing exactly that.

#2605 9 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

You can make the selection to show the ratings without these comments. Yes there are people who rate GNR CE extremely poorly, and this doesn't even include people who keep their ratings private. Tell us m00nmuppet (4.675) and Thunderbird (3.018), why do you dislike this game so much?

Thank you. I see that (the first part) now.

#2606 9 months ago
Quoted from jfaulkner56:

I changed my game pitch a bit, to try and account for the ball getting stuck (some where on something) when hitting the left orbit. Now, 8 out of 10 times, the ball goes up the left "Travel" orbit, hits something I can't see under the upper playfields, and comes back down.
Before I pull the playfield on this 12k machine that I just had delivered, does anyone know if there is a legitimate reason based on gameplay where the orbits don't go all the way around? Outside of the magnet above the top lanes catching it of course.

This was the issue. Random screw that fell from somewhere, got stuck in the switch cutout, and was blocking the ball path. I have terrible NIB luck.

20210304_153928 (resized).jpg4483 (resized).jpeg
#2607 9 months ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Bluetooth anyone had any luck post code update in getting it to work. For me it now sees the headset (and not just the blender in the kitchen) but still will not connect.

i got it working on my JBL FLIP 5 bluetooth speaker just for testing. It worked. Went straight back to game speakers with Sub woofer under the machine.

#2608 9 months ago

Damn...just had a monster game going, blowing away my previous high score of 10 million. Had a song playing and the balls got stuck in the trough. Still had 2 more balls to go in the game. Tried to save, but I hit something and game restarted. It didn’t give me the G.C., but at least showed my score as last game played ...ugh! Could’ve been huge. Does the star by the 1 mean that I just played 1 ball?

2F604D1D-06BD-4109-92DA-0E9A4C932F2D (resized).jpeg
#2609 9 months ago

Don’t update code to 1.16, it has some big bugs. Keefer is aware and said they will be coming out with a 1.17 soon to address the bugs. It’s kind of unplayable with 1.16 as you lose a ball whenever you collect a song jackpot!

#2610 9 months ago

Serial # 291.. so apparently a few more weeks to go to get CE done.. I can see it on my shipping notice.. if anyone has later post it..

#2611 9 months ago
Quoted from eharan:

Don’t update code to 1.16, it has some big bugs. Keefer is aware and said they will be coming out with a 1.17 soon to address the bugs. It’s kind of unplayable with 1.16 as you lose a ball whenever you collect a song jackpot!

That blows .... I just upgraded

#2612 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hope that nothing happens to you Ptown

#2613 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

... I was close to update my game but I saw Chaka’s meme in the other thread.... so I owe you One ☝️ Chaka!

#2614 9 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I hope that nothing happens to you Ptown

Thanks...I haven't played the game since I uploaded the new code....sounds like I need to hold off anyways

#2615 9 months ago

Quick question about the new box/pallet design...are the caps at the end of the box strapped directly to the pallet?

In other words, is the box a self contained unit that you can safely move a game in when it's off the pallet?

#2616 9 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Quick question about the new box/pallet design...are the caps at the end of the box strapped directly to the pallet?
In other words, is the box a self contained unit that you can safely move a game in when it's off the pallet?

I don't recommend it. It's sitting on a pad (wood+foam) and will be able to tip back and forth inside the box which is more of a protective sleeve.

I'd remove that box and move it while still wrapped in protective plastic.

#2617 9 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

The boxes that the machine comes in is made up of three parts: a bottom, a top and the sides. If you look at post ( I believe 1196 you can see an example). Once you cut the straps that hold the machine to the pallet the top and bottom of the box just come off. It's not like the older boxes where you have flaps for the top and bottom.

Agree with zaphX post.

#2618 9 months ago

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

So are most people basically unboxing these outside or in garages, and then bringing them inside?

#2619 9 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

So are most people basically unboxing these outside or in garages, and then bringing them inside?

Exactly this.

IMG_2712.jpeg
#2620 9 months ago

And by the way - this may be obvious but DON'T CUT THE STRAP UNTIL THE MACHINE IS HORIZONTAL.

The backbox will come crashing down and cause damage.

#2621 9 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And by the way - this may be obvious but DON'T CUT THE STRAP UNTIL THE MACHINE IS HORIZONTAL.

Thank you. Always good to have a reminder.

#2622 9 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Thank you. Always good to have a reminder.

It's easy to forget when you're excited about the new toy. Two friends had mishaps of this sort so far this year.

#2623 9 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Exactly what I did yes

#2624 9 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When it is horizontal and you cut the strap the topper may fall off, beware of that also.

#2625 9 months ago

Lior does it again with his great mods, this time some speaker mods for the back of the playfield.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-backboard-speakers-upgrade-set-by-the-art-of-pinball/

My CE shipped, should be here Monday or Tuesday

#2626 9 months ago
Quoted from pingod:

Lior does it again with his great mods, this time some speaker mods for the back of the playfield.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-backboard-speakers-upgrade-set-by-the-art-of-pinball/

The mods look great but I can’t pay that price.

#2627 9 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ridiculous price .

#2628 9 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ridiculous price .

Pocket change for you Bill

#2629 9 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Some of the stuff he makes is nice, but not a fan of this mod (nor the price)

#2630 9 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Absolutely you can do that.

I cut the pallet off and my box still had 2 remaining plastic straps holding the cap and base on. Then used my Escalera to get it up the stairs.
Tipped it over on the "truck this side only" side and snapped the straps and boom!
IMG_0670 (resized).jpgIMG_0675 (resized).jpgIMG_0677 (resized).jpgIMG_0688 (resized).jpg

IMG_0681 (resized).jpg
#2631 9 months ago

A little appetite history.
Try not to judge or take out of context, This was the mid 80's remember.

#2632 9 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

A little appetite history.
Try not to judge or take out of context, This was the mid 80's remember.

Lol, thanks for posting this RA77... I understand that when Axl went to met Robert Williams, Williams thought that Axl was a girl when he stepped out of the car

#2633 9 months ago

Anyone have the old code handy? Full install?
Would love to go back as the game is not really playable with 1.16 .... ugh

#2634 9 months ago
Quoted from pingod:

I'm sorry that's way overpriced. I'm out

#2635 9 months ago

Hi all - I saw a post that you had 7 days to register with JJP. Can anyone speak to this? 7 days from when? What if you bought the machine from someone other than JJP? Thanks in advance!

Tom

#2636 9 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

I'm right there with ya....its unfortunate...hopefully they'll resolve this soon

#2637 9 months ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Hi all - I saw a post that you had 7 days to register with JJP. Can anyone speak to this? 7 days from when? What if you bought the machine from someone other than JJP? Thanks in advance!
Tom

Its a good question. I had a problem with their online registration form so I just submitted a support ticket.

#2638 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its a good question. I had a problem with their online registration form so I just submitted a support ticket.

Same here, I had a few minor issues out of the box and upon contacting JJP they asked for the SN so they could register the machine.

#2639 9 months ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Tom

I've never registered with JJP until I had an issue that needed warranty support. The serial number is all that really matters.

#2640 9 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

In the other GNR thread Keith dropped a 1.17 beta code

#2641 9 months ago

It’s not as cool as what MT45 did, but I too wasn’t super happy with the soundbar audio out of the box. I felt like it needed an EQ more than anything, and I wanted to give it a try with the stock speakers and amp, since I really don’t know their quality (good or bad). So I added just the preamp and kept the rest. I found one on Amazon for $50 that has bass and treble adjustments, and 3.5mm in and out so you can just install it in series up at the top ahead of the soundbar. I’m happy with the sound now. I’m sure it’s not as killer as the Klipsch setup (my personal home theater is Klipsch all the way) but it is a notable upgrade over stock. This could be considered as a simpler and cheaper ($50), but not as substantial, upgrade.

Nobsound NS-10P Mini Vacuum Tube Preamp Audio Hi-Fi Stereo Pre-Amplifier Treble & Bass Control amazon.com link »

8215A8DF-F273-4454-A635-A0108109013A (resized).jpegDA8FDDED-262B-4FB5-929B-EC50C737497E (resized).jpeg
#2642 9 months ago
Quoted from adrock:

It’s not as cool as what mt45 did, but I too wasn’t super happy with the soundbar audio out of the box. I felt like it needed an EQ more than anything, and I wanted to give it a try with the stock speakers and amp, since I really don’t know their quality (good or bad). So I added just the preamp and kept the rest. I found one on Amazon for $50 that has bass and treble adjustments, and 3.5mm in and out so you can just install it in series up at the top ahead of the soundbar. I’m happy with the sound now. I’m sure it’s not as killer as the Klipsch setup (my personal home theater is Klipsch all the way) but it is a notable upgrade over stock. This could be considered as a simpler and cheaper ($50), but not as substantial, upgrade.
Nobsound NS-10P Mini Vacuum Tube Preamp Audio Hi-Fi Stereo Pre-Amplifier Treble & Bass Control amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

Note that i still needed the ground loop noise filter (also in series) to get rid of the soundbar noise.

#2643 9 months ago
Quoted from adrock:

It’s not as cool as what mt45 did, but I too wasn’t super happy with the soundbar audio out of the box. I felt like it needed an EQ more than anything, and I wanted to give it a try with the stock speakers and amp, since I really don’t know their quality (good or bad). So I added just the preamp and kept the rest. I found one on Amazon for $50 that has bass and treble adjustments, and 3.5mm in and out so you can just install it in series up at the top ahead of the soundbar. I’m happy with the sound now. I’m sure it’s not as killer as the Klipsch setup (my personal home theater is Klipsch all the way) but it is a notable upgrade over stock. This could be considered as a simpler and cheaper ($50), but not as substantial, upgrade.
Nobsound NS-10P Mini Vacuum Tube Preamp Audio Hi-Fi Stereo Pre-Amplifier Treble & Bass Control amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic idea and I'll bet it's a big upgrade. One of the key reasons I did the Klipsch upgrade was the missing tone controls. Also your solve, is simple to do for those that don't want to muck around with brackets, etc.

Nice job!

#2644 9 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

In the other GNR thread Keith dropped a 1.17 beta code

Thanks! Downloading now ...

#2645 9 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Fantastic idea and I'll bet it's a big upgrade. One of the key reasons I did the Klipsch upgrade was the missing tone controls. Also your solve, is simple to do for those that don't want to muck around with brackets, etc.
Nice job!

You were the inspiration! Wouldn’t have thought about it if it weren’t for your detailed review. But I’m sure yours is leagues ahead. There’s no way JJP put $350+ into the soundbar.

#2646 9 months ago
Quoted from adrock:

Note that i still needed the ground loop noise filter (also in series) to get rid of the soundbar noise.

Great idea...how exactly did you connect? is it pretty self explanatory ?

#2647 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

how exactly did you connect?

Post 2578 has a picture.

#2648 9 months ago

Is JJP hardware an OS capable of coding / implementing an EQ ?

#2649 9 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Is JJP hardware an OS capable of coding / implementing an EQ ?

It uses Linux, so yes.

Here's a Linux-based equalizer program, for example:
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/06/install-pulse-effects-ubuntu-ppa

#2650 9 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It uses Linux, so yes.
Here's a Linux-based equalizer program, for example:
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/06/install-pulse-effects-ubuntu-ppa

The app looks pretty awesome Vic
I was thinking a little more basic, similar to what Stern does.
Hoping the audio team at JJP might have the resources to implement some basic EQ options would be super cool.
GnR is a super worthy title for some audio upscaling.
No doubt that this would be appreciated by many and once developed could obviously be carried on to future titles.
Hope its in the works

There are 3,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 68.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside