20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 68.
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The light kit comes with a brightness adjuster. Unless the lights are 100% bright they cause an annoying whine through the speakers.

Is the noise coming through the speakers in the backbox or the soundbar? If the soundbar, do you have a Noise Isolator installed?

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hmmm...first I've heard of this issue. We ship the lights at 60% brightness generally and I have them on that setting on my game with no noise through the speakers and nobody ever reported an issue like that. I'm not sure what would cause that interference since they plug into the existing stock led strip connector. Maybe the dimmer is flakey? Happy to send you a new dimmer if you think that might be the issue, but you'd have to solder it on.
Appreciate all the positive feedback and support!

Do the upper speakers have the ground loop isolator on it? Some of them shipped without it...

#2553 3 years ago

I installed the noise isolator today but I can't seriously tell the difference and I'm into sound big time

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I installed the noise isolator today but I can't seriously tell the difference and I'm into sound big time

It's only supposed to remove external hum and whine interference, not make the sound better.

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hmmm...first I've heard of this issue. We ship the lights at 60% brightness generally and I have them on that setting on my game with no noise through the speakers and nobody ever reported an issue like that. I'm not sure what would cause that interference since they plug into the existing stock led strip connector. Maybe the dimmer is flakey? Happy to send you a new dimmer if you think that might be the issue, but you'd have to solder it on.
Appreciate all the positive feedback and support!

Thanks for reaching out and I appreciate your offer.
Let me sit on it for a while.
Right not I am very happy with it the way it is.

#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is the noise coming through the speakers in the backbox or the soundbar? If the soundbar, do you have a Noise Isolator installed?

The noise isolator is installed (came that way but I don't know if it covers the upper speakers and the sound bar or just the upper speakers) and I'm pretty sure it is related to the dimmer. When I unplug the new light and plug in the old strip the whine is gone. Also the whine is only apparent when the surround lights are dimmed. The noise it makes is a high frequency whine, which I would distinguish from the typical 60hz hum. The 60Hz hum is what I suspect the ground loop isolator is designed to remove.

Your question regarding the soundbar v. backbox is an interesting one. I will take a look see and report back.

#2557 3 years ago

GNR CE is now number 1 in the Pinside top 100. But there are some people who report all votes that simply put a 10 on that machine. Now I did also for the first time in my life put a 10 in. I think this machine has it all, at least for this moment. The art, the music, the playfield, the lightshow, I played the LE but could imagine the CE be just next level with art, colors, soundbar and lighting. Let's see if they report my A on this titel.

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

GNR CE is now number 1 in the Pinside top 100. But there are some people who report all votes that simply put a 10 on that machine. Now I did also for the first time in my life put a 10 in. I think this machine has it all, at least for this moment. The art, the music, the playfield, the lightshow, I played the LE but could imagine the CE be just next level with art, colors, soundbar and lighting. Let's see if they report my A on this titel.

If any game deserves a 10 , this is it .
People always flag a new game that gets really high scores .
If anything happens to your score , just redo it in a month or two once the heat has died down .

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The noise isolator is installed (came that way but I don't know if it covers the upper speakers and the sound bar or just the upper speakers) and I'm pretty sure it is related to the dimmer. When I unplug the new light and plug in the old strip the whine is gone. Also the whine is only apparent when the surround lights are dimmed. The noise it makes is a high frequency whine, which I would distinguish from the typical 60hz hum. The 60Hz hum is what I suspect the ground loop isolator is designed to remove.
Your question regarding the soundbar v. backbox is an interesting one. I will take a look see and report back.

I, as well as others, have installed an isolator to the back of the sound bar. Made a big improvement on mine. I was getting a lot of noise out of the sound bar, especially when the game was in attract mode. Probably so as there's no music playing to muffle the noise. For less then $10 I recommend getting one.

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's only supposed to remove external hum and whine interference, not make the sound better.

I know that is what it is suppose to do. sound is sound and I cant hear any difference in the back ground interference.

#2561 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has anyone done anything to improve the back box lighting? For such a beautiful back glass its really poorly lite

Simple 5V USB LED strip from Walmart - Monster makes a brand that is the perfect length. Tape/secure the LED strips to the monitor frame and plug into a USB port on the PC. My PC did not have a free USB port, so I connected a small USB hub to a port, plugged in the connector I unplugged from the PC and plugged in the USB LED strip.

Done and done. Really is the simplest and inexpensive mod to make yourself. Did it to my Wonka, Dialed In and GNR. They look great and you have a remote to change whatever color or effect you want.

#2562 3 years ago

All right..just got email from Jen CE shipping this week! Will post serial # when arrives..I was a very late order

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is the Noise Isolator something JJP provided or is this an after market product?

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is the Noise Isolator something JJP provided or is this an after market product?

Aftermarket: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0171PQLB8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

#2565 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Aftermarket: amazon.com link »

Thanks....

#2566 3 years ago

I just got my CE delivered today. What are you guys finding is the sweet spot for the playfield pitch for this game? (I apologize in advance if this has been answered elsewhere.) Thanks!

#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I just want to bump this (so to speak). I was getting tons of SDTM plunges, even after using the washer trick and checking all angles. I saw this post and tried the felt button, but I didn’t have one that thin and it would block the ball. So I tried one of these small hemispheric furniture dots. Perfect! Now it meanders slowly to either flipper and hardly ever goes SDTM. Try it out if you’re in the same boat! Thanks mt45
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just did this only I placed the ball further up on the metal guide. 100% fix, thanks for the heads up on this! Goes to right flipper every time.

PXL_20210303_174937914.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210303_174937914.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210303_174937914.NIGHT~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20210303_174937914.NIGHT~2 (resized).jpg
#2568 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I just got my CE delivered today. What are you guys finding is the sweet spot for the playfield pitch for this game? (I apologize in advance if this has been answered elsewhere.) Thanks!

Mine plays well at 6.5 deg

#2569 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I have mine at 6.8 degrees and it seems to play well.

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have mine at 6.8 degrees and it seems to play well.

6.8 and rolling like a champ

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

If you're a by-the-book guy (I am):

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 2.38.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-03 at 2.38.06 PM.png
#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you're a by-the-book guy (I am):[quoted image]

Just FYI my bubble wasn't very accurate so I always use a digital level

#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I, as well as others, have installed an isolator to the back of the sound bar. Made a big improvement on mine. I was getting a lot of noise out of the sound bar, especially when the game was in attract mode. Probably so as there's no music playing to muffle the noise. For less then $10 I recommend getting one.

If possible a picture of how you have it installed would be very helpful.

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:I just got my CE delivered today. What are you guys finding is the sweet spot for the playfield pitch for this game? (I apologize in advance if this has been answered elsewhere.) Thanks!

Mine is nearly at the 3rd line (probably in the 6.8 degree zone) and plays great.

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If any game deserves a 10 , this is it .
People always flag a new game that gets really high scores .
If anything happens to your score , just redo it in a month or two once the heat has died down .

CE is now, rightfully, in the #1 spot with an average rating of 9.404. There are 25 ratings and 21 that appear with comments. The average of those 21 is 9.885. That means the four without comments average 6.88. Maybe three are in the low 9s and someone gave it a zero. While I am surely biased, it would seem hard to believe four legitimate ratings could warrant a 6.88 average, and the lack of comments in those ratings does nothing to support them being genuine. Is there is a way to view no-comment ratings and to flag those which appear bogus?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

CE is now, rightfully, in the #1 spot with an average rating of 9.404. There are 25 ratings and 21 that appear with comments. The average of those 21 is 9.885. That means the four without comments average 6.88. Maybe three are in the low 9s and someone gave it a zero. While I am surely biased, it would seem hard to believe four legitimate ratings could warrant a 6.88 average, and the lack of comments in those ratings does nothing to support them being genuine. Is there is a way to view no-comment ratings and to flag those which appear bogus?

Those are Stern fan boys

#2577 3 years ago

I appreciate all the responses about the playfield pitch. I've also found that the bubble levels can be wildly off. Really, the main reason that I ask is because during 4 of the 10 games I've played at this point, when I shoot the left "Travel" orbit, the ball is getting stuck somewhere back there. It's happened when it's a low power shot. When there is some power behind the shot is goes around fine. Wherever the ball is getting stuck at is also a pain because the machine can't clear it when it starts doing a ball search. Not sure if anyone has seen that, but I was just wanting to see if the easy fix of tilting the playfield more would solve it.

#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

If possible a picture of how you have it installed would be very helpful.

It’s super simple, just a headphone jack on each side, install it in-line at the topper.

9EBF9EE7-CF74-4CA4-BD61-4E690483D4F9 (resized).jpeg9EBF9EE7-CF74-4CA4-BD61-4E690483D4F9 (resized).jpeg
#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

It’s super simple, just a headphone jack on each side, install it in-line at the topper.
[quoted image]

Thanks

#2580 3 years ago

Paid my balance due today and waiting on shipping notice.

I've missed out on the last 25+ pages in this thread so I'll be going through the Key Posts and pictures for any mechanical tweaks or hacks that the game needs.
If there's anything else noteworthy, quote links are appreciated as are key words that I can search.

Many thanks

#2581 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Paid my balance due today and waiting on shipping notice.
I've missed out on the last 25+ pages in this thread so I'll be going through the Key Posts and pictures for any mechanical tweaks or hacks that the game needs.
If there's anything else noteworthy, quote links are appreciated as are key words that I can search.
Many thanks

Congrats!

You will be fine Mr68.... I got mine 3 weeks ago, been playing non stop each night since I got it(no matter what), and besides me, my wife abuses the game on weekends... FOR HOURS!!! !!!

.... and "0" mechanical issues with our game, not at all

#2582 3 years ago

Yep posted a 10 rating yesterday for this machine, now I already have 2 pinsiders reporting me. There is a group policing the ratings, anything with a 10 is reported even with my review/rationale included. So there are a few people in this hobby who really do not want GNR to be nr.1 Wonder why that is?

#2583 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Congrats!
You will be fine Mr68.... I got mine 3 weeks ago, been playing non stop each night since I got it(no matter what), and besides me, my wife abuses the game on weekends... FOR HOURS!!! !!!
.... and "0" mechanical issues with our game, not at all

Great to see you're still enjoying it , and even better your wife is loving it
If I hassle my wife she will have a game but she never liked getaway , I hope once we get GNR , and she sees her head on TV , she will hassle me to play

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yep posted a 10 rating yesterday for this machine, now I already have 2 pinsiders reporting me. There is a group policing the ratings, anything with a 10 is reported even with my review/rationale included. So there are a few people in this hobby who really do not want GNR to be nr.1 Wonder why that is?

You haven't been reported , some dicks "flagged " your rating because they want whatever game they like to be number one .
It would be like if Led Zeppelin got lots of 10's , everyone would know that's crap .
I " starred " a lot of scores that we're flagged by haters .
GNR is as close to perfection as you can get , so you'll be right .

#2585 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

Is there is a way to view no-comment ratings and to flag those which appear bogus?

If you want a flag a bogus rating , just click on the little flag on your right hand bottom corner and if you want to star a comment press the little star in the right hand corner .
Don't worry PeterG you've got more upvotes than downvotes .

IMG_20210304_202208 (resized).jpgIMG_20210304_202208 (resized).jpg
#2586 3 years ago

Bluetooth anyone had any luck post code update in getting it to work. For me it now sees the headset (and not just the blender in the kitchen) but still will not connect.

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you want a flag a bogus rating , just click on the little flag on your right hand bottom corner and if you want to star a comment press the little star in the right hand corner .
Don't worry PeterG you've got more upvotes than downvotes .
[quoted image]

Not really worried, just annoyed. I take my ratings maybe too serious. I always state my honest opinion, I only rate machines I have played. I understand that people have different opinions. But just flagging something as inapproprate because I gave a 10, for the first time in my life, that seems a bit childish. So if someone who reported my review would like to eloborate and discuss my rating I will be open for that. I am open for revising my rating, no issue, but come with some good points, just do not say I just gave a bogus review......

#2588 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

You can make the selection to show the ratings without these comments. Yes there are people who rate GNR CE extremely poorly, and this doesn't even include people who keep their ratings private. Tell us m00nmuppet (4.675) and Thunderbird (3.018), why do you dislike this game so much?

#2589 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

But just flagging something as inapproprate because I gave a 10, for the first time in my life, that seems a bit childish.

Are you serious ?
You have been a member of pinside longer than me , don't you realise this is the internet , even if I posted , " I love pinball " , I would still get downvotes .
You give a fuck about what anyone else says ? Stick to your own opinion and go from there .

#2590 3 years ago

I love pinball.

#2591 3 years ago
Quoted from May:

I love pinball.

Just to be a smart-ass , I wanted to give you a down vote , but I just can't do it

#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Are you serious ?
You have been a member of pinside longer than me , don't you realise this is the internet , even if I posted , " I love pinball " , I would still get downvotes .
You give a fuck about what anyone else says ? Stick to your own opinion and go from there .

I know this is the big bad internet, but having met all kinds of nice people in this hobby, for most with a true passion for pinball, I would have hoped this would be a better place....Most club threads I am into are really helpfull and thinking along with any problem/or question.

#2593 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I know this is the big bad internet, but having met all kinds of nice people in this hobby, for most with a true passion for pinball, I would have hoped this would be a better place....Most club threads I am into are really helpfull and thinking along with any problem/or question.

Of course the majority of pinsiders are really great and helpful .
But when it comes to rating games , some people will put down the best game ever , so whatever they like , has an advantage .

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Not really worried, just annoyed. I take my ratings maybe too serious. I always state my honest opinion, I only rate machines I have played. I understand that people have different opinions. But just flagging something as inapproprate because I gave a 10, for the first time in my life, that seems a bit childish. So if someone who reported my review would like to eloborate and discuss my rating I will be open for that. I am open for revising my rating, no issue, but come with some good points, just do not say I just gave a bogus review......

Guessing but when you rate a game a perfect 10 (CE) yet note in your review you haven’t played it and the LE is “slow” yet perfect people question the value of the review. Doesn’t mean much though as long as you enjoy it.

#2595 3 years ago

I just posted my review on this machine last night. I'm admittedly in the Honeymoon phase with this game, so time will tell if the love in fades!

First of all, the ratings are all subjective, but the way people try to manipulate them is just sad and stupid. A perfect 10 for ANY machine is as stupid as a rating of 2 for this particular machine. This game is BONKERS. I'm thinking it's definitely one of the best pins ever made... But it's not a perfect 10. I think my rating worked out to a 9.3 ish. Lighting and Animations got perfect 10s for me, as did layout and rules... But there is literally NOT a toy in the game. How can you give that a 10?? Point being, I DON'T CARE that it doesn't have a goofy pinball toy... The rest of the package MORE THAN makes up for that. Would it be BETTER with a toy?! I don't know. It's almost perfect as is.

I was a JJGnR Naysayer at the outset. I was saying things like, "Well, it's definitely an impressive piece of hardware... but will it be any fun to play?!", Or "Sure, it's full of assets, but all of those assets are Guns and Roses... So, if you don't like the band, who cares?!"

I've never been so happy to be wrong about a machine. Eric and team knocked this one out of the park... Actually, they knocked it out of the County that the ball park is in!! I was really looking forward to telling a bunch of my pals that the game they are so excited about BLOWS... but it is simply amazing.

Here's the main thing I want to say. This game is incredible, but NOT for the reasons that are getting a lot of people excited. I really don't care about the number of GnR songs, and video content, and LEDs... The Game SHOOTS Great, has GREAT Risk Reward Code design, and is exhilarating to play. It would be just as good with 300 Less Lights, and half the songs, and video content. I'm not saying those things don't make it better (Of course they Do!), but the bones of a great pinball experience are there. Shots, Rules, Theme Integration.

I'm a HUGE Stern fan. I think JP is one of the best pins ever made. I also love my AIQ. I've always been a fan of what JJP was TRYING to do. I think they've finally done it with GnR. A good friend locally messaged me, "Every other pin in my collection is now for sale". HA. I'm not going there yet, but this pin is blowing my mind.

Kudos to the entire JJP Team on creating a truly magnificent Pinball experience. Like Maiden and Met before it... It's even turning me in to a bit of a GnR Fan! That's something I never thought I'd say!

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I just posted my review on this machine last night. I'm admittedly in the Honeymoon phase with this game, so time will tell if the love in fades!
First of all, the ratings are all subjective, but the way people try to manipulate them is just sad and stupid. A perfect 10 for ANY machine is as stupid as a rating of 2 for this particular machine. This game is BONKERS. I'm thinking it's definitely one of the best pins ever made... But it's not a perfect 10. I think my rating worked out to a 9.3 ish. Lighting and Animations got perfect 10s for me, as did layout and rules... But there is literally NOT a toy in the game. How can you give that a 10?? Point being, I DON'T CARE that it doesn't have a goofy pinball toy... The rest of the package MORE THAN makes up for that. Would it be BETTER with a toy?! I don't know. It's almost perfect as is.
I was a JJGnR Naysayer at the outset. I was saying things like, "Well, it's definitely an impressive piece of hardware... but will it be any fun to play?!", Or "Sure, it's full of assets, but all of those assets are Guns and Roses... So, if you don't like the band, who cares?!"
I've never been so happy to be wrong about a machine. Eric and team knocked this one out of the park... Actually, they knocked it out of the County that the ball park is in!! I was really looking forward to telling a bunch of my pals that the game they are so excited about BLOWS... but it is simply amazing.
Here's the main thing I want to say. This game is incredible, but NOT for the reasons that are getting a lot of people excited. I really don't care about the number of GnR songs, and video content, and LEDs... The Game SHOOTS Great, has GREAT Risk Reward Code design, and is exhilarating to play. It would be just as good with 300 Less Lights, and half the songs, and video content. I'm not saying those things don't make it better (Of course they Do!), but the bones of a great pinball experience are there. Shots, Rules, Theme Integration.
I'm a HUGE Stern fan. I think JP is one of the best pins ever made. I also love my AIQ. I've always been a fan of what JJP was TRYING to do. I think they've finally done it with GnR. A good friend locally messaged me, "Every other pin in my collection is now for sale". HA. I'm not going there yet, but this pin is blowing my mind.
Kudos to the entire JJP Team on creating a truly magnificent Pinball experience. Like Maiden and Met before it... It's even turning me in to a bit of a GnR Fan! That's something I never thought I'd say!

If anyone rates this game 2, 1, 0, -3 that has to be fine too, I’ll guess they didn’t liked the game at all after they’re played it.
I rate it 10/10 because is 10/10 for me not for those other guys ...

#2597 3 years ago

New update.

Change log : http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/gnr_changelog.txt

LTG : )

GNR (resized).jpgGNR (resized).jpg
#2598 3 years ago

Update is really quick (WiFi is awesome). The only issue I had was my game never booted back up. I had to cycle power

#2599 3 years ago

I changed my game pitch a bit, to try and account for the ball getting stuck (some where on something) when hitting the left orbit. Now, 8 out of 10 times, the ball goes up the left "Travel" orbit, hits something I can't see under the upper playfields, and comes back down.

Before I pull the playfield on this 12k machine that I just had delivered, does anyone know if there is a legitimate reason based on gameplay where the orbits don't go all the way around? Outside of the magnet above the top lanes catching it of course.

#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

If anyone rates this game 2, 1, 0, -3 that has to be fine too, I’ll guess they didn’t liked the game at all after they’re played it.
I rate it 10/10 because is 10/10 for me not for those other guys ...

It’s all subjective, right?

I’m just trying to help people understand where they’re going wrong if they disagree with me! Haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.