Topic Stats

• 2,557 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 minutes ago by PeterG
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 533 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

41F2DC56-0B1F-40D0-B60F-BA37C2A1E816 (resized).jpeg
494D396A-74F0-476F-8E98-B2918603E42E (resized).jpeg
AF9361BD-30C8-42A8-ABF2-BC2B23CA07B9 (resized).jpeg
FE8B421E-CDD4-4117-9334-A7C6A4533C31 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1175 (resized).jpg
5BF2A3A2-EEE6-41B1-9C72-8BCFA10877CA (resized).jpeg
324614BE-F05F-40AD-96A7-93EC26697855 (resized).jpeg
CA88E6DA-9D15-4804-BA0F-BF96986478B7 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1411 (resized).jpg
4F0D49E1-C35A-459D-BDEB-004E425AC172 (resized).jpeg
0C680CE3-2FD4-4A67-8487-EB0271B2642B (resized).jpeg
16141071435394256706042492634197 (resized).jpg
7434F54E-8EF7-4B68-A49F-B875BBCCB3C0 (resized).jpeg
9C7C12FA-E7EA-4B85-8A76-3FD19CEFF1FD (resized).jpeg
2C7508B1-36B1-42DE-B6E9-403B6AC4A2F3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2557 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 52.
#2451 10 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

who gets dissapointed when desert demolition comes up? hit the arrows nothing happens? Would also love to see call outs or something exciting for hitting inner loop like 5 times in a row etc

Yeah I just cradle and time it out. Will play it when it's done.

#2452 10 days ago

Now i am going to have to do something like those Battle scenes and find Some S.W Life size replica's / No doubt i am Envious of them / Thanks for sharing

#2453 10 days ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

#264 ready to rock!
[quoted image]

Congrats- looks great! Still waiting to hear when being shipping to this side of the world.

That is one cool painting to the right of the machine. Can you share details?

#2454 10 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

who gets dissapointed when desert demolition comes up? hit the arrows nothing happens? Would also love to see call outs or something exciting for hitting inner loop like 5 times in a row etc

Let’s come up with some ideas for keefer !

Here’s my 2 cents:
I really enjoy during the Coma Song (not the mode), the backstage ramp diverter is lit and you gotta nail the coma target with the upper flipper. Utilizing that into desert demolition would be nice since it’s tied to User Illusion I (same as coma). Maybe the mode could be to hit all the main shots, then that right ramp into the coma target for completion.

#2455 10 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here’s my 2 cents:
I really enjoy during the Coma Song (not the mode), the backstage ramp diverter is lit and you gotta nail the coma target with the upper flipper. Utilizing that into desert demolition would be nice since it’s tied to User Illusion I (same as coma). Maybe the mode could be to hit all the main shots, then that right ramp into the coma target for completion.

The Coma song mode is tough due to needing that target a number of times.

I would suggest:

Allow players to bail on the album modes at different levels of the modes by hitting the scoop (like the cashing out on the songs) so they don't need to survive long single-ball modes as a "reward". Same with Slash Solo.

Balance the song scoring. Songs later in the game are worth so much more than songs early in the game. If this is by design, the rules around it aren't apparent.

What's the deal with scoring when you manually change a song before starting it? Scoring seems to be too mysterious on this game.

Better lights for guidance on what to shoot when. For instance, on "hit the hurry ups" in booster multiballs, it's unclear what to shoot for.

Better visbility on song scoring potential before it starts (how long is ball saver?, what's the song level?, etc.)

Allow for collect extra ball with an orbit or upper loop shot when the magnet isn't working. Same with collect Axl.

#2456 10 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here’s my 2 cents:

another idea might be incorporating shooting x amount of loops via the inner loop so that that finally will be a rewarding shot.

#2457 10 days ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The Coma song mode is tough due to needing that target a number of times.

ProTip: Shoot the left orbit and hold the right flipper up - it will nail the Coma target.

I was yesterday years old when I discovered this.

#2458 10 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah I just cradle and time it out. Will play it when it's done.

I find it very surprising that the game has had multiple code updates but nothing on this album mode! I would have thought all album modes would need to be coded before the game even releases.....

#2459 10 days ago

Loves to dress up, loves the Locked 'n Loaded box set I gave her for Valentine's Day and she loves to play this game

IMG_1297 (resized).jpgIMG_1378 (resized).jpgIMG_1407 (resized).jpg
#2460 9 days ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yup - you are correct sir ... I just tested it using the test menu and playing "L" only and "R" only tones on repeat. No question that if you plug the wires into the slots nearest where they originate, the sound bar is then wired opposite of the main backbox speakers ... which is doing some interesting things to the sound stage. Not sure if that wiring was by design or not but I wired mine so the left side of the sound bar now plays the same sounds as the left (main) cabinet speaker below it. This should reinforce the soundstage not diffuse it.
To do this you take the wire that originates from the left side of the cabinet (as you are facing the "plugs" side) and plug that one into the speaker connector on the RIGHT side of the PCB board. Again YMMV
Attached is a picture of how mine is wired now (with the above suggested correction)[quoted image]

Not sure picture confirmation has been posted but just in case it has not ... for sure you will need to plug your stock wiring for the stock speaker bar topper into the OPPOSITE sides that the wire originates from. I pulled my speaker bar to upgrade it and shot this image that shows unequivocally (with written labels!) that this is the case. Hats off to Pinsider zaphX for originally discovering and sharing this!

IMG_1190 (resized).jpg
#2461 8 days ago

We have had so many oders for our sub kit that I thought I should mention for those considering the Pinnovators sub kit for GnR we discovered when our CE arrived (#202) that JJP isn't using the same speaker in all the machines so we have two options now for a sub kit our PINsub MS Blue and our PINsub MSPO.

They are basically the same kit, it's just the difference in the wire gauge and the way you attach it. The MSPO is a bit quicker to install but both are super quick anyway. When deciding between the two if you have free speaker terminals use the MSPO, if not, use the MS Blue.

Here is the link to the MS Blue https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-subwoofer-kit-multi-system-blue

Here is the link for the MSPO https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-push-on-kit.

navystan posted a geat video of the kit in action on post #2192.

Also, if anyone is looking for a dedicated place to hang your headphones we just came out with a great line of magnetic headphone holders called the PINpeg. I have the PINpeg Skull on my GnR and it looks great . We have two different skulls which go great with GnR IMHO, a glass one for $25 and a metal one for $30. I've attached a picture but it is kind of hard to see as it's glass. Here is the link to the line of PINpegs https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/pinnovators-pinpeg

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

~Sandra

340.013.001 Skull Glass 3 2048x2048 (resized).JPG340.013.001 side hp Skull Glass 2048x2048 (resized).JPG340.013.001 side Skull Glass 2048x2048 (resized).JPG
#2462 8 days ago

Never amassed so much paraphernalia before a game actually arrived. There’s this, the different sound kits, the merch....
By the time #188 gets here I may have dried up all my excitement reserves

2C7508B1-36B1-42DE-B6E9-403B6AC4A2F3 (resized).jpeg
#2463 8 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Thank you very much Sako! .... but trust me, I’m very short of space now, i have no idea what to do in a year or two

Thanks for your message Dave, I was supposed to have a larger space for the games beside the kitchenette, but I built a gym instead right there, and the corner that was meant to be for gym is the games spot and now I’m cornered

Gotta love the treadmill next to the concession stand! 9C7C12FA-E7EA-4B85-8A76-3FD19CEFF1FD (resized).jpeg

#2464 8 days ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Gotta love the treadmill next to the concession stand! [quoted image]

tell me about it!…

#2465 7 days ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Congrats- looks great! Still waiting to hear when being shipping to this side of the world.
That is one cool painting to the right of the machine. Can you share details?

She was called Corno. RIP. Based in NY and French Canada
Great art. Great value

7434F54E-8EF7-4B68-A49F-B875BBCCB3C0 (resized).jpeg
#2466 7 days ago

Keep posting those serial numbers as you guys get in your CE.. feels like taking forever.. just sold 2 games to raise cash for GNR CE.. just waiting on call from Jen.. too bad JJP.. after all these years still can't ramp up production..

#2467 7 days ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

. too bad JJP.. after all these years still can't ramp up production..

GnR went on sale on 10/06/20 and I received my machine 02/10/21. So just shy of five months from on sale date to receive date. Whilst still not great but Hobbit took 3 years from revel to received.

#2468 7 days ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Keep posting those serial numbers as you guys get in your CE.. feels like taking forever.. just sold 2 games to raise cash for GNR CE.. just waiting on call from Jen.. too bad JJP.. after all these years still can't ramp up production..

I can't judge how production tempo is compared to how it used to be. This run is plagued by a world wide pandemic which has its effect on parts delivery and the production line not fully being staffed because of distancing measures. Being in a new and bigger facility i take it that JJP would have wanted to utilise the new facility way more effeciently. But these are the times we live and i am sure they will ramp up production when this pandemic is behind us.
We just have to have a bit more patience............yeah, yeah.

#2469 7 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

ProTip: Shoot the left orbit and hold the right flipper up - it will nail the Coma target.
I was yesterday years old when I discovered this.

No shit? I will try this tonight! Thanks!

#2470 7 days ago

Number 330 has arrived in sunny Orlando!

16141071435394256706042492634197 (resized).jpg
#2471 7 days ago
Quoted from Jhislop3:

Number 330 has arrived in sunny Orlando!
[quoted image]

But what serial number? That's the number that matters.

#2472 7 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Because you can see where they are based on ser.nr?

#2473 7 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

How many CEs do you think JJP has built so far?

#2474 7 days ago

Mine has #264 but SN#205.

If the guy with SN#264 wants my plate, I will be more than happy to swap with his. I
Would love to get plate #205 for mine someday!

0C680CE3-2FD4-4A67-8487-EB0271B2642B (resized).jpeg4F0D49E1-C35A-459D-BDEB-004E425AC172 (resized).jpeg
#2475 7 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

How many CEs do you think JJP has built so far?

As of last week, going by the serial numbers, looks like just over half of them. About 50/wk, which is a terrible pace. It'll take them a year to make all the LEs ordered if they don't get another full-scale line going.

#2476 7 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

As of last week, going by the serial numbers, looks like just over half of them. About 50/wk, which is a terrible pace. It'll take them a year to make all the LEs ordered if they don't get another full-scale line going.

Thanks!

I was thinking the same. We ordered a LE this week so doing the math I am thinking we are not going to get it for 12 months at least. Rumour is JJP have sold around 4000 LEs and I think JJP are only making 2500 games per year.

Congrats to all the CE owners, game looks amazing.

#2477 7 days ago

Thanks!
I was thinking the same. We ordered a LE this week so doing the math I am thinking we are not going to get it for 12 months at least. Rumour is JJP have sold around 4000 LEs and I think JJP are only making 2500 games per year.

This is off their main line. No idea if they're using their smaller line for GnR to get that 50/wk number. If they're NOT, they can probably get to 65 or 70/wk. If they ARE already using the small line too, then it's going to be a LOOOOONG year and it doesn't bode well for Toy Story release in 2021.

#2478 7 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

This is off their main line. No idea if they're using their smaller line for GnR to get that 50/wk number. If they're NOT, they can probably get to 65 or 70/wk. If they ARE already using the small line too, then it's going to be a LOOOOONG year and it doesn't bode well for Toy Story release in 2021.

Very good info. Thanks!

#2479 7 days ago

Thanks!

4000 LEs?

#2480 7 days ago

When I turn the machine on I am getting Coma Switch Stuck Closed but when I go into Switch Test and put my finger in between the Optos it test fine. What am I missing here?

#2481 7 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

When I turn the machine on I am getting Coma Switch Stuck Closed but when I go into Switch Test and put my finger in between the Optos it test fine. What am I missing here?

Game hasn’t seen it hit in awhile so it flags it to be checked

#2482 7 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

So you're saying I suck in polite terms???

Thanks for the post/education, much appreciated!

#2483 7 days ago

I wish these diagnostic "warning" thresholds could be adjusted higher or off completely. The Pirates one is annoying for the ship, too.

#2484 7 days ago

I think these auto doctor tests are great, at least JJP are working, its pretty rare for Stern tech alerts to work. I appreciate genuine switch alerts, good work thanks JJP

#2485 7 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

I think these auto doctor tests are great, at least JJP are working, its pretty rare for Stern tech alerts to work. I appreciate genuine switch alerts, good work thanks JJP

Agree, I just wasn't aware of it.

#2486 7 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

My game is working fine but I get this meaningless error most times I turn the game on. If some feel this signals JJP superiority over Stern then fine, but I wish they would either change the threshold to something reasonable or allow us the option to turn it off.

#2487 7 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I wish these diagnostic "warning" thresholds could be adjusted higher or off completely. The Pirates one is annoying for the ship, too.

I agree. This feature can be turned off in settings though. The only downside is you have to go into the test report to see any errors.

#2488 7 days ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

I agree. This feature can be turned off in settings though. The only downside is you have to go into the test report to see any errors.

Off is one extreme, but allowing the threshold to be set "high/medium/low/very low/off" would be better than on (but too low) or off only. In most cases the reminder is annoying because the threshold is just too low. I *like* the functionality, I would just like it to be a little more patient before deciding there's a problem.

#2489 7 days ago

At my buddy’s playing his CE and his skill shot isn’t working. Overshoot/backstop switch registers and plunge registers but nothing rolling over the skill shot indicators. Mine makes a noise (raising tones) once it gets into that area. What is the switch that it triggers when it gets in that area? I was looking for optos but could not find anything to even start to diagnose.

#2490 7 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

At my buddy’s playing his CE and his skill shot isn’t working. Overshoot/backstop switch registers and plunge registers but nothing rolling over the skill shot indicators. Mine makes a noise (raising tones) once it gets into that area. What is the switch that it triggers when it gets in that area? I was looking for optos but could not find anything to even start to diagnose.

Go into tests / sensor tests and recalibrate them.

#2491 7 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Didn’t think TS was a real possibility in 21. I’d be shocked if they did anything beyond an announcement.

#2492 6 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

serial number is 258

#2493 6 days ago

Thanks for posting serial #

#2494 6 days ago

Halfway through CE’s?

#2495 6 days ago

Serial # 224 arrived 2 weeks ago

#2496 6 days ago

Serial Number 201 arrived 10 days ago

#2497 6 days ago

My serial ended in 262 and arrived last weekend

#2498 6 days ago

Serial #013 arrived 44 days ago

Delivered Jan 11th

IMG_1411 (resized).jpg

#2499 6 days ago
Quoted from MT45:

Team CE -
I was getting quite of bit of hiss and electrical noise through my (newly connected) sound bar. You could only hear it when the game was not playing (boot up and during attract).
I added a super cheap filter just ahead of the sound bar connection - literally cut out 90% of the noise and took 60 seconds to plug in
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

This worked great thanks

#2500 6 days ago
Quoted from adrock:

This worked great thanks

Same for me ,worked great

This is the one I got from Amazon
amazon.com link »

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 17.95
$ 7,750.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 21.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 2557 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 52.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside