20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 68.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Any picture of the apron ball lock?

@rai. Taken from Thisweekinpinball.com

Screenshot_20201006-111506 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201006-111506 (resized).png
#152 3 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

The current Collectors Edition is sold out. Does anyone know how many different collector edition versions there are going to be? Jack is known for this.

Jack is no longer making these decisions. My guess is, what you see is what you will get.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Coma ball lock built into apron, 600+ RGB LED, unique playfied artwork with sparkle, topper with built in sound bar and amp, mirrored back glass, band signed signature card, mirrored Rad Cals, laser cut armor, shooter housing, art blades ect

Sounds like all the extra lighting on the CE is from the undercab light strips and the strips on the back of the backbox. Nothing more on the pf from the LE.

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sounds like all the extra lighting on the CE is from the undercab light strips and the strips on the back of the backbox. Nothing more on the pf from the LE.

Eric mentioned on the SAPS podcast there are 30ish LEDs in the CE topper that are controlled lights.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The main reason I'm out on the CE and went in on LE is artwork. I really love the LE artwork and really don't like the CE. Purple for GnR? Pinball on the side art is really just not GnR style. If the art was flipped I would be in on CE so they actually saved me some $$. haha
Congrats to JJP for selling a ton of these!!!!!

Gotta disagree, like the LE as well but had to go in on the CE, love the banned album character making it into the theme, even used in an album mode. I think it fits perfectly. Granted art is subjective, so there are no winners or losers here as the game kicks ass for both versions

R-383777-1173543359.jpeg (resized).jpgR-383777-1173543359.jpeg (resized).jpg
#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Once someone hears of build timings for CE's please post it up!

production to start in November or December

#157 3 years ago

JJP struggles to estimate the limited number of games they should build. They aren't production-limited (like Spooky) .

If I owned JJP, I'd announce an increased # of CE games to fill all orders placed THIS week. If anyone (*cough* Kandeda *cough*) has a problem with this, they also have one week to retrieve their deposit.

#158 3 years ago

Anyone with CE ability send me a PM.

Was waiting for the streams.

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

JJP struggles to estimate the limited number of games they should build. They aren't production-limited (like Spooky) .
If I owned JJP, I'd announce an increased # of CE games to fill all orders placed THIS week. If anyone (*cough* Kandeda *cough*) has a problem with this, they also have one week to retrieve their deposit.

I guess all the CE buyers could announce that they are going to lower the amount they are going to pay for the CE to $11,500

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Does anyone know the exact extras the CE comes with?

See post #138

LTG : )

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Will these Backbox sub speaker become available for sale later on ?

Do you mean the topper part on the CE ? No.

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

CE sold out in 4 hours amazing

nobody for apologize the 4 minus votes on my post?

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The main reason I'm out on the CE and went in on LE is artwork. I really love the LE artwork and really don't like the CE. Purple for GnR? Pinball on the side art is really just not GnR style. If the art was flipped I would be in on CE so they actually saved me some $$. haha
Congrats to JJP for selling a ton of these!!!!!

LE is missing the Iconic Appetite Artwork!

Look at the back box side art on the CE. You can’t have GnR without that art!

And the purple armor looks perfect especially with the light show, whereas the brick red armor matches nothing in the PF.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Yeah, and the pitch forks and tears would flood Pinside for Months/years.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah, and the pitch forks and tears would flood Pinside for Months/years.

It's an interesting thought experiment though. Which is worse?
CEs being slightly less limited than originally launched? Or people not being able to buy the game they want?

There are tradeoffs between community goodwill, likelihood of FOMO buying on the next pin, revenue, etc.

#166 3 years ago

CE comes with a year supply of grey poupon

F43C30F9-F4FF-482F-BDF9-3FCFC6C45099 (resized).jpegF43C30F9-F4FF-482F-BDF9-3FCFC6C45099 (resized).jpeg
#167 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's an interesting thought experiment though. Which is worse?
CEs being slightly less limited than originally launched? Or people not being able to buy the game they want?
There are tradeoffs between community goodwill, likelihood of FOMO buying on the next pin, revenue, etc.

Technically Stern did it with Munsters going from 500 to 600 after the hype but JJP gets hit over the head for a failed cartwheel lol let alone removing a mech. Pinside doesn't like Change. I suspect they will still make a ton of LE's and everyone will be happy if they stay with the program pitched. For what its worth Nobody has even shot this game yet so Anything can happen lol.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Technically Stern did it with Munsters going from 500 to 600 after the hype but JJP gets hit over the head for a failed cartwheel lol let alone removing a mech. Pinside doesn't like Change. I suspect they will still make a ton of LE's and everyone will be happy if they stay with the program pitched. For what its worth Nobody has even shot this game yet so Anything can happen lol.

Months into production, Stern also did the interesting move of making the color version of the game, which was LE only, an option in addition to the black and white premium. (I think the lesson learned is people like pretty colors. I wouldn't be surprised if the colored versions outsold the B&W)

#169 3 years ago

JJP should increase the CE amount to 600

#170 3 years ago

As said, if Stern could do it with Munsters.. the only difference is JJP have done a professional reveal, and we know a lot about the game and it’s rules.

The hype on this game is clearly justified!!

#171 3 years ago

First CE JJP...can't wait

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

As said, if Stern could do it with Munsters.. the only difference is JJP have done a professional reveal, and we know a lot about the game and it’s rules.
The hype on this game is clearly justified!!

No I do not think they should go back on their word like Stern did with Munsters and BM66.

That will instantly devalue every other CE and disappoint the other 500 lucky owners that were smart enough to get onto pre order lists. I am sure there are plenty of loyal JJP buyers on the CE waiting list.

We did not put our name down for a CE and now I wish we did. I thought we could check the game out first. Collector market is growing every day. That is just how it rolls.

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

There is nothing "iconic" about the 7-headed mess they made of the iconic AFD cross.

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

JMHO but if JJP increases the amount of CE’s they will end up not having needed to do it. They will have some buyers drop out as they will be pissed and others will jump in, but in the end they would probably still sell 500+- of them. I do think that they are biting the hand that feeds them in the future if they increased the CE’s on this title, as no one would rush to buy the next CE if the game was hot and sold out knowing JJP would just make more. There would be no need blindly plunk down 12.5k on a game you have never played out of fear you would miss out.

JJP will bank $6,250,000 off of the 500 CE’s and that’s a lot of cheddar, this is a huge win for them... Jack you deserve this!.. now take some of those profits and get some cartwheel lessons.

#175 3 years ago

JMHO but if JJP increases the amount of CE’s they will end up not having needed to do it. They will have some buyers drop out as they will be pissed and others will jump in, but in the end they would probably still sell 500+- of them. I do think that they are biting the hand that feeds them in the future if they increased the CE’s on this title, as no one would rush to buy the next CE if the game was hot and sold out knowing JJP would just make more. There would be no need blindly plunk down 12.5k on a game you have never played out of fear you would miss out.
JJP will bank $6,250,000 off of the 500 CE’s and that’s a lot of cheddar, this is a huge win for them... Jack you deserve this!.. now take some of those profits and get some cartwheel lessons.

Completely agree that would bite them later for Sure. Plus, imagine the phone call to the band saying "hey, would you mind signing another Hundred cards and playfields!" lol They won't do it and Don't want to be Stern.

#176 3 years ago

500 is the right number on this one. I still have a feeling that everyone that wants one will get one when all is said and done. The mistake JJP makes is not running their CE's first when the hype is at its peak. Didn't it take them like 6 months to get their Wonka LE's on the line which killed the demand? Hopefully on GNR CE they can get everyone their games in the first couple months. The other thing is that hardly anyone has played the game. The game does look sexy as hell but will the gameplay/rules live up to the price tag? I know I haven't been this excited to play a game in a long time and hope that it plays as great as it looks!

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

There is nothing "iconic" about the 7-headed mess they made of the iconic AFD cross.

Wrong! Put that cross image in front of anyone with basic knowledge of rock and they’ll recognize it’s GnR. That’s the definition if “iconic”.

A GnR pin missing that art is missing quite a lot!

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

500 is the right number on this one. I still have a feeling that everyone that wants one will get one when all is said and done. The mistake JJP makes is not running their CE's first when the hype is at its peak. Didn't it take them like 6 months to get their Wonka LE's on the line which killed the demand? Hopefully on GNR CE they can get everyone their games in the first couple months. The other thing is that hardly anyone has played the game. The game does look sexy as hell but will the gameplay/rules live up to the price tag? I know I haven't been this excited to play a game in a long time and hope that it plays as great as it looks!

I remember how quickly MMR sold out but then people fell off the list waiting for the game.

#179 3 years ago

I remember Stern increasing the original number of Super Limited BM66 and they instantly lost a ton of credibility with me.

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

If I owned JJP, I'd announce an increased # of CE games to fill all orders placed THIS week.

They set a date for orders on Dialed In ( Dec. 31st if i recall ) and people still procrastinated, and complained, and got games or were left out because they thought there was plenty of time.

No matter what they try, there will be problems.

#181 3 years ago

WTB CE. I put a deposit down and just received an email stating that I no longer am on the list. If anybody wants to get out let me know. This is a dream pin for me and my girlfriend. I will pay a premium for your spot. Please pm me

#182 3 years ago

Gameplay uploaded to YouTube.

#183 3 years ago

It’s gonna be a Multiball fest. (Maybe too much)? Every song you can make a Multiball bleh.

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s gonna be a Multiball fest. (Maybe too much)? Every song you can make a Multiball bleh.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I hope it’s not that many multiballs. Definitely would love to play one soon

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I hope it’s not that many multiballs. Definitely would love to play one soon

Think in the rules says you lock, lock, lock and bring them into every song.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It honestly looks like it's a better location pin than JJP's previous offerings (and maybe less of a home pin), and I don't mean that in a bad way.

#187 3 years ago

well - I have been gone for day and I guess a lot has happen in just a day. I knew 500 was going to be the number and I was correct and I am happy that there is some nice different features in the game and play field. Radcals and Topper are nice perks - but I like the game and I think JJP did a nice job on this game.

I really think either way you go LE or CE - You are not going to loose. There are going to be some nice mods on this game being made by some GREAT companies out there and they will be coming in the up coming weeks. So either way - If you are able to get any game - Congrats and enjoy it - It really is just pinball.

Some say that they don't need a row of games -- I agree - If you have just one game or 50+ games, it does not matter. I am lucky that I can use my passion of pinball and share it with the public and my clients and any of you that have been to my plumbing showroom, you know what I mean. Someday everything that I do will come to and end and I will have one HUGE SALE - LOL. But till then - I will try and support those that I deal with in the pinball community. I have made a lot of friends and have even PIST off a few (just a few..lol) but my passion is and will remain the same. I love pinball and I have incorporated it into my plumbing business and I have a a lot of people thank me all the time, because that can not find some of these games local and it is nice to see their appreciation.

Bottom Line....

Enjoy Life - Have Fun - Be Nice To Each Other ...But most of all - PLAY PINBALL.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

And the purple armor looks perfect especially with the light show, whereas the brick red armor matches nothing in the PF.

purple armor on a GnR game is just not right. I actually played the LE today and the connection of the red with everything else really ties it all together. That being said, you can't go wrong with either version!

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

purple armor on a GnR game is just not right. I actually played the LE today and the connection of the red with everything else really ties it all together. That being said, you can't go wrong with either version!

I agree - To tell you the truth... I really don't want to see any game play or anything else on this game and just want to be surprised and have fun with the unboxing to the start-up and just playing with those that will be around me to play this game.

I think I will make a announcement to have a few that live in the area to come by and give me a hand with setting it up and play some pinball while they are here.

#190 3 years ago

Richard, Have you talked to Joe, I heard that he had his allotment cut down to 11 machines

#191 3 years ago

Got my name on a CE, super excited for it!

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

well - I have been gone for day and I guess a lot has happen in just a day. I knew 500 was going to be the number and I was correct and I am happy that there is some nice different features in the game and play field. Radcals and Topper are nice perks - but I like the game and I think JJP did a nice job on this game.
I really think either way you go LE or CE - You are not going to loose. There are going to be some nice mods on this game being made by some GREAT companies out there and they will be coming in the up coming weeks. So either way - If you are able to get any game - Congrats and enjoy it - It really is just pinball.
Some say that they don't need a row of games -- I agree - If you have just one game or 50+ games, it does not matter. I am lucky that I can use my passion of pinball and share it with the public and my clients and any of you that have been to my plumbing showroom, you know what I mean. Someday everything that I do will come to and end and I will have one HUGE SALE - LOL. But till then - I will try and support those that I deal with in the pinball community. I have made a lot of friends and have even PIST off a few (just a few..lol) but my passion is and will remain the same. I love pinball and I have incorporated it into my plumbing business and I have a a lot of people thank me all the time, because that can not find some of these games local and it is nice to see their appreciation.
Bottom Line....
Enjoy Life - Have Fun - Be Nice To Each Other ...But most of all - PLAY PINBALL.

I have number 12

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Got my name on a CE, super excited for it!

Congrats -- You are going to enjoy it.

#194 3 years ago

I really think either way you go LE or CE - You are not going to loose.

So you didn’t get #12 ...

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

and in on a CE with Joe

Me too.

Sorry yall...got to get mirror blades on my CE with that light show...Must have. Hope there is room. for them and sure it will be...I hope.
Love it...Great Job JJP
Joe is not responding to me....what yall do to him....

I asked Joe what the premium was for #12, but still waiting for an answer...lol

#196 3 years ago

Down payment for the Collector's Edition is payed up. Can't wait for this one! Not going to lie, I've had a lot of bad luck with jersey jack in the past but I am hopeful that the issues I had have all been addressed by now. This looks incredible!

#197 3 years ago

Any talk of JJP hurting themselves by increasing the number of CE's is ridiculous. Has any pinball company ever been hurt for more than a day by breaking a promise? Not that I can think of. Pinball buyers have very short memories.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Me too.

I asked Joe what the premium was for #12, but still waiting for an answer...lol

I think A LOT are still waiting......

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No matter what they try, there will be problems.

Love you LTG but I don't accept that.
There are problems and then there is incompetence that infuriates your hardest core customers willing to spend $12+K on your premium product.
It's just ugly and bad. If the cut-off was after a week, fine. How fast did it sell out? Who did you have to know to ensure your spot? People were told they had a pre-order, stopped looking with the other 15 'sales associates', and then were denied later. It's just bad... BUT very easy to fix. They should fix this now and ensure they don't create this cluster next time as well.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Love you LTG but I don't accept that.
There are problems and then there is incompetence that infuriates your hardest core customers willing to spend $12+K on your premium product.
It's just ugly and bad. If the cut-off was after a week, fine. How fast did it sell out? Who did you have to know to ensure your spot? People were told they had a pre-order, stopped looking with the other 15 'sales associates', and then were denied later. It's just bad... BUT very easy to fix. They should fix this now and ensure they don't create this cluster next time as well.

Replying to myself. Lol.

Honestly, I'm really irritated that we essentially need to pre-order a $12k game before seeing gameplay. You want to see gameplay? No Rick and Morty for you.

What do you think Toy Story CE is going to look like? SOLD OUT. If they limit the number, I'm going to use 'bots' to place instant orders everywhere possible immediately and then I'm going to mark them up 2x and put them on ebay. Watch and see...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,400 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/4?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.