20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 68.
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Update to 1.14 and turn it off:[quoted image]

Thank you.

#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

1.14 isn't listed on their site yet, but if people have to do it the old fashioned way, the link's here:

Full install:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GunsNRoses-v01.14.iso

- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.13

=== Game Code
* fixed issue in Encore where the shots remaining were not updating properly
* fixed bug within Scorbit integration that could cause the game to stop
sending updates after a game
* added an adjustment to disable the Scorbit QR code connection status popup

=== Core Code
* the Player Menu now displays Bluetooth dongle is missing if it's not plugged
in

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

FYI, in case you're wondering, the QR code auto-navigates the app to the machine and auto-claims the player 1 slot, significantly speeding up sharing your name on scoreboards or saving your score to leaderboards. Obviously if you don't have the app it will install it as well.

However, while useful in public venues, you can turn it off, and you can also print one using the app and place on your score cards (which is what I do).

#2304 3 years ago

Hopefully 1.14 fixes Scorbit. I can not get it to work properly at all with current version.

#2305 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Hopefully 1.14 fixes Scorbit. I can not get it to work properly at all with current version.

It did. And you can get it now using wifi update.

#2306 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's a play on the display from the WOPR computer simulation mode from the 1980s movie Wargames.
jjGnR mode:
[quoted image]
Wargames movie version:
[quoted image]
There's also a fighting-game-like mode:
[quoted image]

I love how this is a music pin but they put in modes like these .
This game is a fckn masterpiece .

#2307 3 years ago

Ugh.. now looking like not till at least mid March for mine.. I was one of last orders direct from JJP.. bummer..

#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Yeah, sorry about that. All fixed in 1.14.

#2309 3 years ago

has anyone else noticed that their multi-ball play has improved because of GNR? I'm finally starting to play the other games in my collection again and it sure seems like I'm doing a much better job during multi-ball.

#2310 3 years ago

Still waiting for my CE. Does anyone know how many has been shipped?

#2311 3 years ago

Call me crazy....had a chance for a straight up trade for a JJP POTC LE loaded. But, I'm just having too much fun with the "Game of the Year." Plus, gosh, that CE is just plain nice to look at.

#2312 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Call me crazy....had a chance for a straight up trade for a JJP POTC LE loaded. But, I'm just having too much fun with the "Game of the Year." Plus, gosh, that CE is just plain nice to look at.

Not crazy at all. Very smart I may add!

#2313 3 years ago

Game question. See pic. I thought that when you get all the players to light up song they turn green as they qualify. But, as you can see in the picture, there are individual colors for each band member. Is this right?

IMG_1910 (resized).jpegIMG_1910 (resized).jpeg
#2314 3 years ago

007 in the house and dialed in thanks to my good bud Angelo!

20210212_174533 (resized).jpg20210212_174533 (resized).jpg20210212_180322 (resized).jpg20210212_180322 (resized).jpgIMG-20210212-WA0009 (resized).jpgIMG-20210212-WA0009 (resized).jpg
#2315 3 years ago

Nice game room, great collection

#2316 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Game question. See pic. I thought that when you get all the players to light up song they turn green as they qualify. But, as you can see in the picture, there are individual colors for each band member. Is this right?
[quoted image]

Yes

#2317 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

[quoted image]

They only turn green when you lock the ball for multiball. So the guitar will have 6 lights Lite up. Lock them all.

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Arcade elegance! Great line up congrats.

#2319 3 years ago

I installed the titan rubbers with the less bounce and wow what a difference!

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I installed the titan rubbers with the less bounce and wow what a difference!

I need to get Titans as well. I sent titan an email about 2 weeks ago with no response. So I’m not ordering from him until I get a response.

#2321 3 years ago

Did you remove the plaque signed by the band?

Quoted from wcbrandes:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#2322 3 years ago

I've been testing an external sound system for a few days now.
First I hooked up a home stereo receiver and a couple of old Polk monitors I had laying around.
The addition to the overall sound was significant - both in sound pressure and clarity. The only negatives were the output level of the line level feed from the game was very low. I had to turn the receiver to max volume to get satisfactory levels of sound. The receiver also did not have tone controls and i knew I would want to be able to dial up or down the bass/treble.

After my test I ordered some Klipsch R41M speakers because I already have the R51Ms and love them - but the downside was that they would need to be stand or wall mounted

In the end I settled on trying to find a way to replace the topper speaker bar, rather than have wall or stand mounted speakers.

I needed to find an amp with tone controls and importantly, a preamp that could lift the anemic line level coming off the game.

I already owned a Fosi class D amp that I use to drive some outdoor speakers here at the ranch - it's 100 watts per channel, it's about the size of 2 packs of cigs and it works really well - so I bought another one

I found a line level preamp on Amazon and ordered that.

The last part was to find speakers.

I considered ordering a nice center channel for the topper but gave up when I realized that the center channels usually have just one connection and one crossover. I was trying to create a stereo sound and utilize both channels of my Fosi amp

I then started looking for center channels that were small enough so I could mount TWO of them on the soundbar frame AND they needed to be efficient to make good use of the 100 watts that the Fosi would provide

I found a great option in the Klipsch Reference Theater Center Channel - it comes as part of an entire Home Theater combo set and you can find them both used and a few new as well. I ordered 2 from Ebay and although they came with none of the original packaging, they were perfect AND a perfect fit

The SPL is now probably 3-5db higher than before, much louder than the stock soundbar, it's cleaner at that level and I can now dial in the right amount of treble (these speakers are not capable of delivering significant bass)

The old soundbar can easily be separated from the lower frame by unscrewing a few screws. Once it's off, you'll find a nice flat mounting surface
To mount the new speakers, I added 2 silicone rubber bumpers to add some downward tilt in order to fire the sound at the player. Then I created some custom mounts from a few scraps of metal. I needed to drill just 4 small holes in the frame so my modification/addition of the speakers is 100% reversible

The amp and preamp sit behind the subwoofer, outside the game on the floor and are fed from the original 3.5mm line cord that originally fed the stock soundbar.

YMMV and remember, I'm also running this with an 800 watt (2,500 watt peak power) SVS sub so the comments I share here include the impact of the sub as well. I did, however, shut the sub off when I first "tuned" the settings on the tiny amp and new sound bar, then turned it on and only made a minor tweak to the treble.

Overall, I'm please with both the appearance and the sound!
IMG_1175 (resized).jpgIMG_1175 (resized).jpgIMG_1161 (resized).jpgIMG_1161 (resized).jpgIMG_1163 (resized).jpgIMG_1163 (resized).jpgIMG_1168 (resized).jpgIMG_1168 (resized).jpgIMG_1171 (resized).jpgIMG_1171 (resized).jpgIMG_1174 (resized).jpgIMG_1174 (resized).jpgIMG_1176 (resized).jpgIMG_1176 (resized).jpg

Amp
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQC7GNL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01

Preamp
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CVDN2O0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01

Speakers
https://hifiheaven.net/shop/Klipsch-Reference-Theater-Satellite-Center-Channel-Speaker

#2323 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Did you remove the plaque signed by the band?

nope just leaving it in its pouch for now!

#2324 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Nice game room, great collection

one of three basement game rooms!

#2325 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

one of three basement game rooms!

Are you your avatar in real life?haha

#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

First I hooked up a home stereo receiver and a couple of old Polk monitors I had laying around.
The addition to the overall sound was significant - both in sound pressure and clarity. The only negatives were the output level of the line level feed from the game was very low. I had to turn the receiver to max volume to get satisfactory levels of sound. The receiver also did not have tone controls and i knew I would want to be able to dial up or down the bass/treble.
After my test I ordered some Klipsch R41M speakers because I already have the R51Ms and love them - but the downside was that they would need to be stand or wall mounted
In the end I settled on trying to find a way to replace the topper speaker bar, rather than have wall or stand mounted speakers.
I needed to find an amp with tone controls and importantly, a preamp that could lift the anemic line level coming off the game.
I already owned a Fosi class D amp that I use to drive some outdoor speakers here at the ranch - it's 100 watts per channel, it's about the size of 2 packs of cigs and it works really well - so I bought another one
I considered ordering a nice center channel for the topper but gave up when I realized that the center channels usually have just one connection and one crossover. I was trying to create a stereo sound and utilize both channels of my Fosi amp
I then started looking for center channels that were small enough so I could mount TWO of them on the soundbar frame AND they needed to be efficient to make good use of the 100 watts that the Fosi would provide
I found a great option in the Klipsch Reference Theater Center Channel - it comes as part of an entire Home Theater combo set and you can find them both used and a few new as well. I ordered 2 from Ebay and although they came with none of the original packaging, they were perfect AND a perfect fit
The SPL is now probably 3-5db higher than before, much louder than the stock soundbar, it's cleaner at that level and I can now dial in the right amount of treble (these speakers are not capable of delivering significant bass)
The old soundbar can easily be separated from the lower frame by unscrewing a few screws. Once it's off, you'll find a nice flat mounting surface
To mount the new speakers, I added 2 silicone rubber bumpers to add some downward tilt in order to fire the sound at the player. Then I created some custom mounts from a few scraps of metal. I needed to drill just 4 small holes in the frame so my modification/addition of the speakers is 100% reversible
The amp and preamp sit behind the subwoofer, outside the game on the floor and are fed from the original 3.5mm line cord that originally fed the stock soundbar.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Amp
amazon.com link »
Preamp
amazon.com link »
Speakers
https://hifiheaven.net/shop/Klipsch-Reference-Theater-Satellite-Center-Channel-Speaker

They look good,especially with grills off .The size and split actually look really good!

#2327 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

They look good, especially with grills off .The size and split actually look really good!

Thanks ... and that was a real concern for me as well. It was a challenge to get all 4 things to come together:
High efficiency (90db 1w/1m), nice appearance (nothing ugly or out of place vs stuff around it), good clean sound and a physical "fit" in the original area I had to work with. The Klipsch was the only one that ticked all the boxes!

https://www.klipsch.com/products/reference-theater-pack

Reference-Theater-Pack-Product-16 (resized).jpgReference-Theater-Pack-Product-16 (resized).jpg
#2328 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

YMMV and remember, I'm also running this with an 800 watt (2,500 watt peak power) SVS sub so the comments I share here include the impact of the sub as well. I did, however, shut the sub off when I first "tuned" the settings on the tiny amp and new sound bar, then turned it on and only made a minor tweak to the treble.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Amp
amazon.com link »
Preamp
amazon.com link »
Speakers

Looks like if you get the speakers used, it’s about a $350 investment. Did you feel that it made that level of improvement in the sound? Sounds like a lot, given that the stock setup already has two speakers and a soundbar... but then again, it’s a $13k pin

#2329 3 years ago

I am updating my CE now and it is stuck at around 15% is that normal? I am using wifi to update, and its going from 1.12 to 1.14 code.

Thanks

#2330 3 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Still waiting for my CE. Does anyone know how many has been shipped?

That way consumers will know approximately when the switch back to LE’s is...

#2331 3 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Somebody posted in the owners thread that they're shipping out SEs next week. I'm still waiting to hear for my paid in full from JPP

#2332 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Somebody posted in the owners thread that they're shipping out SEs next week. I'm still waiting to hear for my paid in full from JPP

I’m going to be a pretty bummed customer if this is true. I was ask to pay in full 1.5 months ago and have heard nothing since.

#2333 3 years ago

I can't see any advantage for JJP to stop CE's and run SE's

#2334 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Looks like if you get the speakers used, it’s about a $350 investment. Did you feel that it made that level of improvement in the sound? Sounds like a lot, given that the stock setup already has two speakers and a soundbar... but then again, it’s a $13k pin

I do, but not everyone would. Getting older now and need a little boost in the treble area. Even without the ability to dial in the tone controls, the ability to "mix" the sound to get more from the backbox (ok topper) than the cabinet speaker is a big win on it's own. With the stock setup, when you wanted more power in the callouts or high end, you had to turn the whole system up or go into the menu and hope the settings for increasing songs vs callouts etc was satisfactory. Now I can independently do that (using the preamp gain)

I also popped a $1,200 SVS sub under there too and you might be hard pressed to justify both of these spends but I look at it this way ... this pin is unbelievable - it really is a concert like experience, these mods to the sound system take it about as close as you can get without adding external monitors (other than the sub) that then must be moved/relocated when you move the machine. I think it's worth it and in the past 30 years I've spent stupid money on other audio equipment that did less to make me happy than this pin and these add-ons have!

#2335 3 years ago

Got 27mm tonight and had Scorbit running. The game was over but my score did not show up? Why?

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Maybe they are doing both?

#2337 3 years ago

My LEDs to the right of the backbox have not had any issues. However, my LEDs on top, and to the left have never worked properly. The issue seems to be the connector. When I run an LED test, there is no light coming from them. If I giggle the connection, I can get the color test to match the LED test color of the rest of the machine. When I then test the next LED color, the LED color for the topper does not change (unless I go giggle the connector again). This last a short time, then the light goes out again.
Does anyone happen to know how I can fix this, or where I can purchase/replace this LED set? Thanks

6AA77A80-07E9-466C-B42B-66F896E4C21B (resized).jpeg6AA77A80-07E9-466C-B42B-66F896E4C21B (resized).jpegAD3B549D-88AD-4416-972A-A85445B6A1B2 (resized).jpegAD3B549D-88AD-4416-972A-A85445B6A1B2 (resized).jpeg
#2338 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

My LEDs to the right of the backbox have not had any issues. However, my LEDs on top, and to the left have never worked properly. The issue seems to be the connector. When I run an LED test, there is no light coming from them. If I giggle the connection, I can get the color test to match the LED test color of the rest of the machine. When I then test the next LED color, the LED color for the topper does not change (unless I go giggle the connector again). This last a short time, then the light goes out again.
Does anyone happen to know how I can fix this, or where I can purchase/replace this LED set? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Put in a ticket with JJP.

#2339 3 years ago

215 is officially home and it's incredible. Just installed the new update and it's time to spend a few hours on this masterpiece!

IMG_3256 (resized).jpgIMG_3256 (resized).jpgIMG_3260 (resized).jpgIMG_3260 (resized).jpg
#2340 3 years ago

I'm not sure which end you're giggling, but it's likely just a bad solder connection where the power cable connects at the other end (it's really too thick of a gauge of wire for something like this, JJP overdid it).

If you have a soldering iron:

You can peel back the shrink tubing at the end where the power wires connect and carefully resolder them to the LED strip at the copper contact points (where the arrow is pointing - they're repeated all along the strip every one or two LEDs), making sure the soldered-on wires are not touching each other and shorting. Just be sure you either put on more shrink tubing before you resolder or if you're just touching up, put some electrical tape around the area you peeled back so it doesn't short to the metal backbox.

OR if the copper pads are a mess, you can cut across the NEXT set of copper pads up with scissors, losing a couple leds, but gaining a fresh set of copper pads to solder the wires to.

This way you'll at least be in business until JJP sends you a replacement that works out of the box.
led_strip_cut_point (resized).jpgled_strip_cut_point (resized).jpg

#2341 3 years ago

PinMonk pinballmike150 i had the same issue. Tickets with JJP and they sent out a new strip that went across the top/inside of the topper with tape. Took 5 mins and was all fixed.

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

215 is officially home and it's incredible. Just installed the new update and it's time to spend a few hours on this masterpiece!

nice looking collection ! ps my daughter watches your beauty video's on line , good stuff

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

If SEs are coming out to then the CE run is almost complete and JJP will continue to spiltish the production till 5000.

#2344 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

vireland pinballmike150 i had the same issue. Tickets with JJP and they sent out a new strip that went across the top/inside of the topper with tape. Took 5 mins and was all fixed.

That's what I did. The replacement was broken on the opposite end of the one it was replacing! I've got a new one on the way again. JJP is fantastic and very fast to respond and ship the parts. MY advice when installing/handling these strips ... be very, very gentle. Bending the terminated ends, even to facilitate routing the wire bunch under the topper can damage it. When this strip goes out, your right rear backbox strip goes out too as the GnR logo topper strip carries power to it. I tried on both of my "bad" ones to resolder (and I know how to solder) but had no success. Also, understand that these LED are addressable and are coded into the machine so if you cut one out, the game is still looking for it. My guess is it might light up but potentially incorrectly. No matter what just handle it with kid gloves when you install it ... I'm going on strip #3 so ask me how I know!

#2345 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Amp
amazon.com link »
Preamp
amazon.com link »
Speakers

Adding some info here on SPL levels. With the little amp at max, the preamp at 6.5 and the machine at 30.
No reason to play it any louder. If you move the preamp up or turn the machine volume up it will begin to add distortion and degrade the sound
This is the max settings that still sound clean - and to be honest (I've been to lots of rock concerts) you really wouldn't want it to play louder

I'm getting about 105db sustained and 110db peaks (C weighted 32-20khz) during a song as measured at player ear level with my trusty Radio Shack meter. The yellow line I drew onto the scale shows where the needle spent most of its time during "Out ta Get Me" - it peaked higher at times.
I wish I would have measured the game before the addition of the sub and the custom topper - because I know the game was already capable of very high output as stock from the factory. I'm guessing I'm getting around 6db or so more output than stock (BTW, that is a lot louder as every 3db requires around a doubling of amplifier power to deliver it)

Anyhow, just a bit more info to share on this mod and, of course the normal warning to be careful with anything that can play this loud.
110db for 2 sustained minutes can begin to cause damage to your ears

This machine is a real rock concert in a box - amazing

IMG_1196 (resized).jpgIMG_1196 (resized).jpg
#2346 3 years ago

JJP flipper coil temp testing is almost done. Should have Wonka and WoZ numbers in before long, once USPS cooperates.

Coil-Chart_JJP (resized).jpgCoil-Chart_JJP (resized).jpg

Final revised foam for the JJP Tibetan Breeze kit is approved (posted this in the regular owners thread earlier):

JJP_Kit_600x (resized).jpgJJP_Kit_600x (resized).jpg

So probably about 7-10 days out before the full order of cut foam arrives to put the JJP kits together and get them in the store.

#2347 3 years ago

Looking for a close picture of a certain area of the CE side art. Please pm me, I’d appreciate it!

#2348 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Got 27mm tonight and had Scorbit running. The game was over but my score did not show up? Why?

Because you scored 27mm

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When you say didn't show up, you mean after the game, before you started another game, you looked on the app and it wasn't there?

Just a tip, it's really helpful to claim your player slot at the beginning, just in case, as there is a timer that can expire. We should check to see if the act of entering in the name to the game's high score list takes longer than the timer!

#2350 3 years ago

Game #211 showed up yesterday. Everything was great out of the box. The only thing I had to do was reseat all the cables for the monitor as it didn't work on first power up. I hooked up the topper, but not sure its working correctly (instructions suck, and I'm not sure the cables are connected right as their not labeled anywhere)? I will say the game is incredible, and the attention to detail in second to none.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/47?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.