20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 68.
#2201 3 years ago

I received my CE last week and all I can say is WOW! What an incredible game.

My friend did an unboxing video which also shows how to connect the topper and wires. I would highly recommend watching it.

I had a couple of issues so far including:
- Right flipper after several games was sticking in the up position - looked underneath and the coil stop had fallen off, screws came loose. Screwed back in and all is good again
- Monitor turned off during a game - the HDMI cable had come loose, reseated it and all is working again
- Balls getting hung up on switches - This continues to occur on many of the switches. It seems that the loop is too high so I have to nudge the machine to get ball to move over switch. Hopefully this resolves itself with more plays on the machine.

Great game! My high score so far is 35M. Still trying to learn how to use the patches. Would love to see a good rules tutorial that explains patches and how to start the various booster multi-balls and what to do during them.

The game is well worth the wait!
Ed

#2202 3 years ago

Has anyone gotten Bluetooth connection to work on a regular basis? I have tried with three different headphones multiple times and it has worked only once. Most of time it sees several Bluetooth items in the house but not the headphones that are next to it for pairing. Very very frustrating.

#2203 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Has anyone gotten Bluetooth connection to work on a regular basis? I have tried with three different headphones multiple times and it has worked only once. Most of time it sees several Bluetooth items in the house but not the headphones that are next to it for pairing. Very very frustrating.

I suspect this will improve in time. I couldn't get it to see my Airpods or Parrot Ziks, but it saw my Opal icemaker

BTW I beat your score on Scorbit.

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

- Balls getting hung up on switches - This continues to occur on many of the switches. It seems that the loop is too high so I have to nudge the machine to get ball to move over switch. Hopefully this resolves itself with more plays on the machine.

I've had this happen on my Wonka, POTC and GnR - I'd recommend bending them down ever so slightly from the underside of the playfield. Basically, make the loop a little less tall. It doesn't take much - once I made this adjustment, I stopped getting stuck on various switches.

#2205 3 years ago

Dang - some Scorbit competition! I like it! Solid score Derek!

Quoted from zaphX:

I suspect this will improve in time. I couldn't get it to see my Airpods or Parrot Ziks, but it saw my Opal icemaker

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

My friend did an unboxing video which also shows how to connect the topper and wires. I would highly recommend watching it.

I should have also linked to his writeup:

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2021/02/06/unboxing-jersey-jack-pinballs-guns-n-roses-collectors-edition-unboxing-review-and-gameplay-video/

Enjoy!
Ed

#2207 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Dang - some Scorbit competition! I like it! Solid score Derek!

Get busy Vitty!

#2208 3 years ago

70 or so games in, and my GNR-CE is kicking my butt-- but I love it!

One strange thing is that since the very first game my right orbit wasn't smooth. I finally took a close look, and ridiculously, this is what I found: the bubble level was wedged underneath and inside the right rail. Removed the stray piece and the game shoots perfectly now, of course. Anyone know where this level is supposed to mount?

Quoted from eharan:

- Monitor turned off during a game - the HDMI cable had come loose, reseated it and all is working again

My game did this last night, and I thought it was a software bug. I rebooted it and all seems fine. I need to check the HDMI cable I guess to see if it is loose, but never saw the issue again.
GNR-bubblelevel (resized).jpgGNR-bubblelevel (resized).jpg

#2209 3 years ago

#202 has arrived!

Got nervous for a hot minute when I saw the back of the box and a big gouge in the back of the box but our FedX guy was great - he opened it up for us let us look and yay - no damage to the machine. He came down checked out our collection. Super nice guy!

Now I just need to wait for my son to get home from work so he and MarkA cant get that beast down into our basement!

IMG_4831 (resized).jpegIMG_4831 (resized).jpegIMG_4836 (resized).jpegIMG_4836 (resized).jpegIMG_4837 (resized).jpegIMG_4837 (resized).jpeg
#2210 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

One strange thing is that since the very first game my right orbit wasn't smooth. I finally took a close look, and ridiculously, this is what I found: the bubble level was wedged underneath and inside the right rail. Removed the stray piece and the game shoots perfectly now, of course. Anyone know where this level is supposed to mount?

My game did this last night, and I thought it was a software bug. I rebooted it and all seems fine. I need to check the HDMI cable I guess to see if it is loose, but never saw the issue again.
[quoted image]

From Image Gallery above all threads.

6666 (resized).jpg6666 (resized).jpg
#2211 3 years ago

#78 reporting in.

Thanks to Joe PinballSTAR for making it an easy process. Arrived in the middle of a snow storm in perfect condition.

Born date 1/21

100 games in:
Only issue from the pinned list of items is ball sometimes getting hung up on the launch gate requiring a nudge.

No words can do the game itself justice.
It should be experienced.

Thanks to all involved

939CE88F-2459-43FA-91B8-B7A41291C69E (resized).jpeg939CE88F-2459-43FA-91B8-B7A41291C69E (resized).jpeg
#2212 3 years ago
Quoted from Erickong:

Only issue from the pinned list of items is ball sometimes getting hung up on the launch gate requiring a nudge.

If you do the washer adjustment to that gate it stops the ball hang and also prevents fall-through.

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Get busy Vitty!

Once you get your games loaded, what button do u use to scan the bar on your pin?

#2214 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Once you get your games loaded, what button do u use to scan the bar on your pin?

You need to add a venue (your place), your machine, then click the activate scorbit button pointing the camera at the QR code in the Scorbit section in the pin settings.

#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You need to add a venue (your place), your machine, then click the activate scorbit button pointing the camera at the QR code in the Scorbit section in the pin settings.

I did that and nothing happened?

#2217 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

[quoted image]

I have a ticket open with JJP on my display. They’re shipping me a replacement. Check to see if the cable is really lose vs. the connector on the box behind the display. In my case, if you wiggle the connector just a little the display is intermittent. The shaker motor is enough to cause it. I suspect a cold solder joint on the connector to the board. If several of us are having this problem, perhaps JJP got a bad batch. :\

#2218 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ha!!!!! Was wondering how long till someone beat my score on score-bit. Was only a matter of time my favorite part was when I had the high score on all three versions.

#2219 3 years ago

Received my GNR CE (and LZ LE) yesterday. #169 is set up and playing

IMG_6289 (resized).jpegIMG_6289 (resized).jpegIMG_6311 (resized).jpegIMG_6311 (resized).jpeg
#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Ha!!!!! Was wondering how long till someone beat my score on score-bit. Was only a matter of time my favorite part was when I had the high score on all three versions.

Do you have to be friends or follow each other on scorbit?

#2221 3 years ago

My notes and impressions after playing about 20-30 games:

- "Curbside appeal" is just stunning when you first walk up to the pin.
- As everyone has said, there is no comparison of the use of lights to any other pin. I have a WoZ which has great use of lights, but GnR is at an entire whole new level. I really like how they have unique use of lights for each song.
- Probably should be required reading for all CE owners. But, I went through entire CE thread so I didn't ask same questions everyone else asked. I bookmarked all the recommended tweaks and changes everyone mentioned.
- I ordered the CE sight unseen like everyone else. I had a lot of faith in JJP pins even though I was not a die hard GnR fan. Gameplay is more important and I was willing to take the risk. Well, the game hasn't disappointed me. I like it more than I thought I would.
- I think the game needs a better bass sound setup, whether that's a kit or installing external sub. I went the external sub route. Sounds solid, but as is, I found WoZ more balanced overall out of the box, then GnR.
- I like the soft plunge skill shot. I think it's a cool innovation and is really integrated into the game rules.

Hopes/recommendations:
- Variable shaker adjustment with code updates if that's possible. For those with WoZ, the shaker is soft and subtle, not just on or off. With current version of GnR, even if you reduce to "low" when it does activate it shakes pretty harsh.
- Multi-ball code changes. I'm not sure why we need to have 6 balls all going at once. I thought dialed in was very balanced. 2 or 3 balls at one time was the perfect balance I thought and only in rare cases you had all balls.
- Would be cool if there were built-in instructions via the big screen, even for the basic overview.

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

My notes and impressions after playing about 20-30 games:
- "Curbside appeal" is just stunning when you first walk up to the pin.
- As everyone has said, there is no comparison of the use of lights to any other pin. I have a WoZ which has great use of lights, but GnR is at an entire whole new level. I really like how they have unique use of lights for each song.
- Probably should be required reading for all CE owners. But, I went through entire CE thread so I didn't ask same questions everyone else asked. I bookmarked all the recommended tweaks and changes everyone mentioned.
- I ordered the CE sight unseen like everyone else. I had a lot of faith in JJP pins even though I was not a die hard GnR fan. Gameplay is more important and I was willing to take the risk. Well, the game hasn't disappointed me. I like it more than I thought I would.
- I think the game needs a better bass sound setup, whether that's a kit or installing external sub. I went the external sub route. Sounds solid, but as is, I found WoZ more balanced overall out of the box, then GnR.
- I like the soft plunge skill shot. I think it's a cool innovation and is really integrated into the game rules.
Hopes/recommendations:
- Variable shaker adjustment with code updates if that's possible. For those with WoZ, the shaker is soft and subtle, not just on or off. With current version of GnR, even if you reduce to "low" when it does activate it shakes pretty harsh.
- Multi-ball code changes. I'm not sure why we need to have 6 balls all going at once. I thought dialed in was very balanced. 2 or 3 balls at one time was the perfect balance I thought and only in rare cases you had all balls.
- Would be cool if there were built-in instructions via the big screen, even for the basic overview.

#2223 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes same question also how do I see other GNR scores to beat ?

#2224 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Yes same question also how do I see other GNR scores to beat ?

You can follow people on there. For me, when I pull up my machine at my venue, I see my top scores and can swipe left to see global scores and this month's scores which include some of the folks here.

Someone already demolished my score.

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If you use Scorbit and never follow anyone, you'll still see your scores on your own leaderboards and the global high scores. However, if you find people to follow, you can see their scores in your Community feed as they are posted. Soon we will be adding a number of new features to that as well.

However, what I think is very powerful is using ScorbitVision to create different types of leaderboards between you and others.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Regarding the harshness of the shaker, I found several things that helped with that:
- Remove the white cover of the shaker. Grab the assembly to ensure it is solidly attached and doesn't have any play. Specifically on mine, the tensioner had to be tightened.
- Double check all of your flipper stops to make sure they are bolted tightly. Check all assemblies under the playfield to make sure they are tight.
- Anti-rattle tape on the glass helped with mine. The glass doesn't seem to be as tight compared to my WoZ.

After all of those things, I moved from Low to Med (factory setting) shaker strength and it sounds and feels good.

#2227 3 years ago

Im still having sensor issues. Even after recalibrating multiple times. It Still ends up coming back very shortly.

I saw Karl @ IEPinball have the same problem during stream on his LE. It sucks because it makes the game auto plunge.

#2228 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Received my GNR CE (and LZ LE) yesterday. #169 is set up and playing
[quoted image][quoted image]

I trust the sushi was good!

#2229 3 years ago

Well, after 30 or so games, had to some some minor repairs. Like many, my spinning disc sank. The plastic nut came loose and needed tightening. I just hand tightened. See picture. The front edge seems to have larger gap. Is that normal or can the disc be adjusted to have even spacing around the playfield hole?

Second issue. The right flipper gave out and sure enough, the coil stop bracket completely fell off. I guess they forgot to tighten down. Quick fix.

Last issue. I'm hearing a strong coil hum near the flippers, like the hold flipper power. I didn't hear it when I first got the game, but now I'm hearing it go for a few seconds and then finally stop. Any ideas what to check?

Thanks.

IMG_1863 (resized).jpegIMG_1863 (resized).jpegIMG_1864 (resized).jpegIMG_1864 (resized).jpegIMG_1865 (resized).jpegIMG_1865 (resized).jpegIMG_1866 (resized).jpegIMG_1866 (resized).jpeg
#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

Regarding the harshness of the shaker, I found several things that helped with that:
- Remove the white cover of the shaker. Grab the assembly to ensure it is solidly attached and doesn't have any play. Specifically on mine, the tensioner had to be tightened.
- Double check all of your flipper stops to make sure they are bolted tightly. Check all assemblies under the playfield to make sure they are tight.
- Anti-rattle tape on the glass helped with mine. The glass doesn't seem to be as tight compared to my WoZ.
After all of those things, I moved from Low to Med (factory setting) shaker strength and it sounds and feels good.

Ha, see my post above. One of the coil stops sure enough came off. I guess I need to check them all as you say.

#2231 3 years ago

So while giving my game a cleaning I noticed small white flakes on my flippers. My only guess is that the left ramp diverter is just barely clipping the bottom edge of the ramp causing some plastic to flake off. I looked but I saw no obvious way to slightly tweak the angle to prevent it from touching the ramp. In case it matters, my diverter is not slamming into the playfield as mine was all set from the factory.

All parts seem to be tight and secure. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Thanks!

#2232 3 years ago

Just received my CE yesterday and I am mind blown !!! Unreal !!! But I am having an issue with my bottom left guitar sensor lock. It does not sense that a ball is there so the ball never releases. The top and middle sensors on that side work. The right side is fine and works properly. Anyone else having this issue? Any tips on how to fix it? I am dying not being able to play it.

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

Any tips on how to fix it?

Go into settings and recalibrate it.

Or turn off, wait a few seconds and turn back on. A reboot usually does it.

LTG : )

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Well, after 30 or so games, had to some some minor repairs. Like many, my spinning disc sank. The plastic nut came loose and needed tightening. I just hand tightened. See picture. The front edge seems to have larger gap. Is that normal or can the disc be adjusted to have even spacing around the playfield hole?
Second issue. The right flipper gave out and sure enough, the coil stop bracket completely fell off. I guess they forgot to tighten down. Quick fix.
Last issue. I'm hearing a strong coil hum near the flippers, like the hold flipper power. I didn't hear it when I first got the game, but now I'm hearing it go for a few seconds and then finally stop. Any ideas what to check?
Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Tighten everything up on the flipper plate and then tighten the 8 screws holding the plate to the playfield. That hum is usually vibration from something being very slightly loose.

#2235 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Not sure if anyone else is having an issue on ball launches. Around 1-2 times in 10 I would get a ball that after launch, would duck under the "one-way" gate and come all the way back down the shooter lane. I finally had a moment to shoot a slow mo video of it.
Turns out it was hitting the gate hard enough to then bounce off, and after bouncing off, the gate flap would pop up and allow the now falling ball to duck under it.
Solve for me was quick and easy. Installed two #10 washers UNDER the one way flap mech AND .. this is important I turned the one-way gate flap counter clockwise in the mount to present as much angle to the ball as possible - right nut pushed upward and left nut pulled downward. There is a bit of play in the mounting holes so you can do that.
I have had ONE reject now is about 75 launches. Again YMMV

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just did this fix!

This should be marked as a key post!

Thank you MT

#2236 3 years ago

Number 188 on its Merry way to the Middle East. Merch, pinnovator and smof ground loop have already arrived, as per your recommendations. :-p

8495DE43-7CC0-440D-93FF-8601009EF771 (resized).jpeg8495DE43-7CC0-440D-93FF-8601009EF771 (resized).jpeg
#2237 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Number 188 on its Merry way to the Middle East. Merch, pinnovator and smof ground loop have already arrived, as per your recommendations. :-p
[quoted image]

What are the extras? Extra playfield and backglass?

#2238 3 years ago

Hobbit playfield and plastics for shits and giggles, I don’t own the game - and then up top ramp sets for ES and CV. Hopefully inside I’ll find a slash signed poster?!?!

Speaking of which, has anyone gotten one with their CE yet? Haven’t seen those Easter eggs pop up since LE’s first or second run.

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Just did this fix!
This should be marked as a key post!
Thank you MT

Glad it worked!

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Tighten everything up on the flipper plate and then tighten the 8 screws holding the plate to the playfield. That hum is usually vibration from something being very slightly loose.

Thanks. I should know better to do the once over on a new pin.

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

So while giving my game a cleaning I noticed small white flakes on my flippers. My only guess is that the left ramp diverter is just barely clipping the bottom edge of the ramp causing some plastic to flake off. I looked but I saw no obvious way to slightly tweak the angle to prevent it from touching the ramp. In case it matters, my diverter is not slamming into the playfield as mine was all set from the factory.
All parts seem to be tight and secure. Anyone else have a similar issue?
Thanks!

From a JJP service bulletin: Maybe #4 will help you.

2. If you Diverter Assembly is still intact. Remove the 2, 6-32 cap screws (#16) using the 7/64” Allen Wrench. If your Jam Plate has fallen off, look on the bottom of the cabinet for the Jam Plate (#12), Cap Screw (#16), Lock Washer (#14) and Washer (#13)
See fig. 1.
3. Re-assemble the Ramp diverter by following Fig. 1. Place (#16) Cap Screw through Lock Washer (#14) followed by Washer (#13),
put the Cap Screw with Washers in either hole on Jam Plate (#12) and using the Allen Wrench screw the Jam Plate into Guide Bracket (#17), repeat steps for the other hole.
4. Test the Diverter by pulling plunger (#15) down until it makes contact with the coil stop. IF the diverter Guide (#4) touched or rubbed against the Ramp, you will need to loosen slightly the 2 Cap Screws and adjust the Jam Plate so that the Diverter Guide does not touch or rub the Ramp during the full movement of the plunger stroke, re-tighten once you are satisfied with the
position of the Diverter Guide.
5. Test your work by playing no fewer than 10 games.

Images can be found at:

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/Service%20Bulletin_GNR_Left_Ramp_Diverter.pdf

#2242 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Im still having sensor issues. Even after recalibrating multiple times. It Still ends up coming back very shortly.
I saw Karl @ IEPinball have the same problem during stream on his LE. It sucks because it makes the game auto plunge.

Call JJP, Eric told me there was a BIOS update for the board that controls those sensors on the inside of the cabinet. You may need to switch the boards out, or maybe they will share the BIOS so you can flash it yourself.

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

Just received my CE yesterday and I am mind blown !!! Unreal !!! But I am having an issue with my bottom left guitar sensor lock. It does not sense that a ball is there so the ball never releases. The top and middle sensors on that side work. The right side is fine and works properly. Anyone else having this issue? Any tips on how to fix it? I am dying not being able to play it.

Go into sensor test in diag. Does the sensor show blue at rest? (If it shows red, it's probably a bad lamp board.) Can you activate the sensor with your finger? If so (with the coin door open so the post doesn't fire) can you get it to activate with a ball by moving the ball around left to right against the post? If so, maybe the guide rail just needs to be warped to the right the tiniest bit by hand to make sure the ball is sitting square over the sensor.

#2244 3 years ago

I finally had a chance to play the CE last night and all I can say is WOW. There have been many overhyped pins over the years but this is not one of them. I have been collecting for almost 20 years and this has to be the greatest game ever made. Gameplay, flow, theme integration, art, sound, lighting this game has it all.

#2245 3 years ago

Is there any downside to leaving the radcal protectors on ? Like will they become unremovable over time? If you you have left them on do you have any comments?

#2246 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Is there any downside to leaving the radcal protectors on ? Like will they become unremovable over time? If you you have left them on do you have any comments?

You're not seeing the beautiful glossy finish, that's what. Take em off dude, seriously.

#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're not seeing the beautiful glossy finish, that's what. Take em off dude, seriously.

I get it, but when your game is sandwiched between other games you aren't going to see them anyway. Why not protect em until a time that they can be enjoyed?

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I get it, but when your game is sandwiched between other games you aren't going to see them anyway. Why not protect em until a time that they can be enjoyed?

From what? Radcals are robust as hell.

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

From what? Radcals are robust as hell.

What comes to mind is wedging yourself between your machines for some minor servicing

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

What comes to mind is wedging yourself between your machines for some minor servicing

Ha that seems to happen all the time at my place....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/45?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.