20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 68.
#2151 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Funny how the latest price increase skipped this thread since it’s irrelevant to everyone here.
but damn, an SE in Europe now costs as much as a CE did in the states on launch.
[quoted image]

This is the price before the price increase. This is the price due to a 25% tariff tax because Europe and USA are having a pissing contest over some aircraft companies.
Absolutely no idea what pinball has to do with aircraft but we are still paying for it.
This price will probably increase when the extra $1000 from JJP also gets that tariff treatment and is added to this price.

Europeans are getting shafted once again, but i will be playing my LE in 2 weeks.

#2152 3 years ago

hi... I've been playing my #90 for about a week now without setting up my topper. (I'm a marshmellow now kind of guy.)
it has been playing great, no issues except leveling of top hat spinner a couple times.
The game is mind-blowing. I'm super stoked to have the CE.

Please notice plastic or teflon rounded piece that I found in lower box.
does anyone know what it is and where it goes?
thanks!

E7238ACB-3C72-47D3-B2A7-B48534C91E3D_1_105_c (resized).jpegE7238ACB-3C72-47D3-B2A7-B48534C91E3D_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#2153 3 years ago

this sure looks a lot like the disc mech. Guess you should also look for the other pieces in your cabinet too.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I grabbed the picture from this post by kermit24
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/11#post-5898028

#2154 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

this sure looks a lot like the disc mech. Guess you should also look for the other pieces in your cabinet too.
[quoted image]
I grabbed the picture from this post by kermit24
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/11#post-5898028

got it... thanks a lot!

#2155 3 years ago

I bought these leg bolts from PinballLife back in October. Pretty good colour match to the CE. I was going to include a link but now I don't see them listed anymore.

File_000 (1) (resized).jpegFile_000 (1) (resized).jpegFile_0012 (resized).pngFile_0012 (resized).png
#2156 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Has anyone put a full backbox light mod on their CE? cool/warm/rgb? Any recommendations?

I did, I went with white led only

FA3257AE-13F8-4C98-93BA-201A8CD8BB28 (resized).jpegFA3257AE-13F8-4C98-93BA-201A8CD8BB28 (resized).jpeg
#2157 3 years ago

Wow, what a game! #159 in me crib! Only 5 games in, but love this game madly!
GNR-CE (resized).jpgGNR-CE (resized).jpg

#2158 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Number 161 in da house!

You got your from Marshall yesterday?! Congrats! Me too!

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

You got your from Marshall yesterday?! Congrats! Me too!

Yep I just had a feeling they came in. Pulled up to the shop moments after they were delivered and threw mine right into the back of the van. Check all the pinned topics for the adjustments on this thread. Mine had every single one of them that needed to be adjusted. Especially the diverter issue unless you want it to eat a chunk out of your playfield.

#2160 3 years ago
Quoted from TommyGavin:

I bought these leg bolts from PinballLife back in October. Pretty good colour match to the CE. I was going to include a link but now I don't see them listed anymore.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check out these colored titanium bolts

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-stern-star-trek-leg-bolt-anodized-p-66.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I did, I went with white led only [quoted image]

Thanks for posting, that’s looks very nice lit up. White would appear to be the way to go. I believe you have cool white.

#2162 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I pulled the trigger on this. Thanks for your picture.

#2163 3 years ago

Got my CE #201 yesterday. Was suppose to arrive last Friday. But, weather held it up. Has a few tears on the box. Will be opening tomorrow, hoping all is well.

IMG_1769 (resized).jpegIMG_1769 (resized).jpegIMG_1771 (resized).jpegIMG_1771 (resized).jpegIMG_1772 (resized).jpegIMG_1772 (resized).jpegIMG_1773 (resized).jpegIMG_1773 (resized).jpeg
#2164 3 years ago

#200 is home. Mine was also delayed due to the weather. I had to shovel and snow blow a path across my backyard to get it into the house, but it was well worth it. I did leave it inside for a full day before I assembled it to allow it to warm up.

The game is amazing. It earned every award.

I have two issues. One, the glass came scratched from the factory. It’s not terrible, but it’s in the middle. Second, the main display is intermittently going black. I tracked it down to the HDMI socket on the board that’s mounted behind the display. It’s slightly loose, and perhaps has a cold solder joint. It’s easily reproducible. Tickets opened on both issues.

#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Yep I just had a feeling they came in. Pulled up to the shop moments after they were delivered and threw mine right into the back of the van. Check all the pinned topics for the adjustments on this thread. Mine had every single one of them that needed to be adjusted. Especially the diverter issue unless you want it to eat a chunk out of your playfield.

@Antron77
How many CE’s were there other than #159 and #161? I’m doing some detective work to find out my number and I have a feeling it’s #160.

#2166 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Got my CE #201 yesterday. Was suppose to arrive last Friday. But, weather held it up. Has a few tears on the box. Will be opening tomorrow, hoping all is well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Haha, Tear or.....Tears or tears of joy !
Awesome man, I'm sure all will be well, Enjoy !

joy (resized).JPGjoy (resized).JPG
#2167 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Antron77
How many CE’s were there other than #159 and #161? I’m doing some detective work to find out my number and I have a feeling it’s #160.

My Friend got 164 Delivered from Marshall last night

#2168 3 years ago

Got mine today! Machine number 231.

04EF1C05-87DA-4BB5-A0FB-784655BAE91E (resized).jpeg04EF1C05-87DA-4BB5-A0FB-784655BAE91E (resized).jpeg
#2169 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

No side by side pic with DE?

CE is alone right now so I can get it all dialed in. It will drop in the lineup tonight. I may need to move several machines around to get them both side-by-side. CE going on an end so I can see the art!

#2170 3 years ago

Got my powdercoated coin door and speaker grills back from Robertstone0407

Love the look. The speaker grills are a nice subtle touch.

56415288-5C96-4C2E-A0FC-B298F05CE110 (resized).jpeg56415288-5C96-4C2E-A0FC-B298F05CE110 (resized).jpeg74EAB754-ACE2-4E64-9D65-0BA0F1856126 (resized).jpeg74EAB754-ACE2-4E64-9D65-0BA0F1856126 (resized).jpeg82495F5E-6BC0-4668-A384-2F05208D1E4B (resized).jpeg82495F5E-6BC0-4668-A384-2F05208D1E4B (resized).jpegB7DEFE00-3A85-4CA0-A0BA-47797A0045B7 (resized).jpegB7DEFE00-3A85-4CA0-A0BA-47797A0045B7 (resized).jpeg
#2171 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Got my powdercoated coin door and speaker grills back from robertstone0407

What did that cost to get done.
I like the look.

#2172 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

What is the "official" powder coat code/color for the purple?

I'd like a backup lockbar sans sculpt (for when my brother's kids come over).

#2173 3 years ago

Illusion purple

#2174 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Looks beautiful, congrats.

#2175 3 years ago

I just got word mine shipped....should have it in a week....

Quoted from Vitty:

Looks great....what was the turn around time?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2176 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I just got word mine shipped....should have it in a week....

Looks great....what was the turn around time?

Usually a couple weeks give or take.

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Usually a couple weeks give or take.

Cool thanks

#2178 3 years ago

OK, #201 is good to go. All good out of the box. Just one question. Compared to my other JJP pins, the bass sounds almost non-existent. Is there an adjustment? I do have a Pinnovator external sub and Polk sub. I assume that will take care of the lack of bass?

IMG_1823 (resized).jpegIMG_1823 (resized).jpeg
#2179 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, #201 is good to go. All good out of the box. Just one question. Compared to my other JJP pins, the bass sounds almost non-existent. Is there an adjustment? I do have a Pinnovator external sub and Polk sub. I assume that will take care of the lack of bass?
[quoted image]

Make sure the speakers on the topper soundbar are actually plugged in - if you see empty ports flanking the line in and power, fish out the speaker wires from inside the box.

Counterintuitively, left speaker goes to right socket and vice versa.

#2180 3 years ago

Love the coin door Vitty. I need to do that. Nice touch on the grills too

#2181 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

[quoted image]

Just got my CE hooked up today. Wow!!! I have a Polk sub hooked up. I first did a 3.5 stereo plug splitter to RCA to the sub. Barley any base before and after the filter. Switch over to speaker wire hooked to in cabinet speaker and worked like it should. Don’t know why and don’t care sounds amazing! For the record here is my speaker wire into the sub.

BFD786F6-6FA8-40FC-A80C-07A4464766C8 (resized).jpegBFD786F6-6FA8-40FC-A80C-07A4464766C8 (resized).jpeg
#2182 3 years ago

CE #93 in da houz! I’m pissed at JJP and Eric. I haven’t gotten a damn thing done today and my wife is pissed at me because the house sounds like a concert. This pin is Fn amazing. 1st JJP and I’m very very impressed. Attention to details is off the chart. Thank you Pinball Star Joe for your great customer service. She fits in nicely next to her old lady. GNFNR!!

452F9D62-F724-4379-8210-1BC81C195F53 (resized).jpeg452F9D62-F724-4379-8210-1BC81C195F53 (resized).jpeg
#2183 3 years ago

Nice collection!

#2184 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Just got my CE hooked up today. Wow!!! I have a Polk sub hooked up. I first did a 3.5 stereo plug splitter to RCA to the sub. Barley any base before and after the filter. Switch over to speaker wire hooked to in cabinet speaker and worked like it should. Don’t know why and don’t care sounds amazing! For the record here is my speaker wire into the sub.
[quoted image]

I have the same sub. So, if I understand correctly, there is an RCA connector inside pin to connect to?

Thanks.

#2185 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I have the same sub. So, if I understand correctly, there is an RCA connector inside pin to connect to?
Thanks.

No you would need a 3.5mm to rca cable like this AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8KO2
And a 3.5mm splitter to tap into line inside back box. But this did not produce good base so I would recommend speaker wire off in cabinet speaker. PM me if you need more info.

#2186 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

No you would need a 3.5mm to rca cable like this AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA... amazon.com link »
And a 3.5mm splitter to tap into line inside back box. But this did not produce good base so I would recommend speaker wire off in cabinet speaker. PM me if you need more info.

Here's what I used to great effect - literally a 2 minute job and sounds stunning!

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-subwoofer-kit-multi-system-blue?_pos=1&_sid=11480051d&_ss=r

#2187 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only my wife gets to see how Bad I play! lol

Imagine how embarrassing it is to be the guy testing all of this stuff and really suck at pinball. The whole Scorbit team is reminded daily about how bad I am. Still, it's a motivator to improve! (Also I like to track my progress over time.)

#2188 3 years ago

#176 arrived today! Only issue seems to be the skill shot and ball getting stuck on the record/playfield. Anyone else having an issue after the skill shot the ball hits the sling rubber and drains? I have the playfield level.

#2189 3 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

#176 arrived today! Only issue seems to be the skill shot and ball getting stuck on the record/playfield. Anyone else having an issue after the skill shot the ball hits the sling rubber and drains? I have the playfield level.

Skill shot issues I've seen and fixed:

- If the plunge is too weak to barely make the gate, change the external shooter spring to a 3/4 inch one.
- If the ball is stucking at the skill shot or sometimes falling back through the gate, remove the gate (top 2 nuts), add 2 washers to each lug and replace.

For the record I see it bounce off the top of the sling quite a bit but I don't drain from it. We did replace the sling rubbers with Titans.

For sticking on the record, loosen the white plastic nut under the playfield and spin the metal knob until the record is a little bit higher, then crank the white plastic nut back down.

#2190 3 years ago

I don't have any issues with the skill shot. The ball seems to hit the top of the sling and drain. I will check Playfield level again. So adjustment is similar to POTC spinning disc. Thanks for the help! As everyone has said the light show is amazing!

#2191 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

You would think for another 1k they could start doing this at the factory!!

#2192 3 years ago

Couple of changes made. For more bass, I had a spare Pinnovator PINsub. I connected the taps to small pieces of wire and then connected to the extra terminals already on the bass cabinet speaker. I did a temporary connection, but now that I know it works, will solder.

Here's a video of a Polk speaker connected. Now, plenty of bass.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0zVFGf72qgSSWoX4OCMZesplA#GNRCEBass

IMG_1851 (resized).jpegIMG_1851 (resized).jpegIMG_1852 (resized).jpegIMG_1852 (resized).jpeg
#2193 3 years ago

I think someone posted this. During one game, screen went black/blank. I restarted game and back to normal. Some connection loose?

#2194 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I think someone posted this. During one game, screen went black/blank. I restarted game and back to normal. Some connection loose?

Did you happen to change the clock setting on the game? I've seen this on other JJPs after setting the clock, then never again.

#2195 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you happen to change the clock setting on the game? I've seen this on other JJPs after setting the clock, then never again.

No, but I did do a bunch of system setting changes (reduce shaker to "low" set up WIFI).

#2196 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Couple of changes made. For more bass, I had a spare Pinnovator PINsub. I connected the taps to small pieces of wire and then connected to the extra terminals already on the bass cabinet speaker. I did a temporary connection, but now that I know it works, will solder.

Stan - after that video I NEED my CE like NOW!!!!

It's now supposed to come tomorrow, I sure hope this storm doesn't make for another delay!

#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I did the same thing, but I just went straight to solder

#2198 3 years ago

Curious if anyone has PLUGGED in a pair of headphone in their CE. The external sound is unbelievable, but honestly, I am super disappointed with the headphone jack sound. It's low and sound awful. It is not my headphones btw. All my other pins have headphone jacks and the sound is very good. I have not tried the bluetooth headphones or ear buds yet.

#2199 3 years ago
Quoted from endodoc:

Curious if anyone has PLUGGED in a pair of headphone in their CE. The external sound is unbelievable, but honestly, I am super disappointed with the headphone jack sound. It's low and sound awful. It is not my headphones btw. All my other pins have headphone jacks and the sound is very good. I have not tried the bluetooth headphones or ear buds yet.

I did - sounded good. Maybe your jack is miswired.

#2200 3 years ago
Quoted from endodoc:

It's low and sound awful.

Inside the cabinet, opposite of where you plug in headphones. Is a single connector. Please try this. Unplug it, turn it 180 degrees, plug it back in. See if things improve.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/44?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.