20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 68.
#2051 3 years ago

TECH
Thank you, 40 pages I overlooked that post. Just want to confirm that I can plug in there, as it’s not like instructions-

Quoted from Yelobird:

Look at the "Image Gallery" at the top of this thread. Several have already posted pictures of these connections that should help. The plug is in the lower Left corner. See Vity's post above.

#2052 3 years ago

Question about patches. When I choose underwear, I hit the left ramp twice. When I do this I notice the diverted goes down. Why?

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Question about patches. When I choose underwear, I hit the left ramp twice. When I do this I notice the diverted goes down. Why?

The diverter goes down when you have collected any band members from what i can tell. Keep in mind letting the ball drain out the hole underneath the upper flipper also collects a letter in G'N'R towards patches.

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

TECH
Thank you, 40 pages I overlooked that post. Just want to confirm that I can plug in there, as it’s not like instructions-

yes, it plugs into the 2 pin blue wire connector located on the left side of the backbox, towards the bottom left corner.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

The diverter goes down when you have collected any band members from what i can tell. Keep in mind letting the ball drain out the hole underneath the upper flipper also collects a letter in G'N'R towards patches.

Good point. I was for sure I did not collect any band members and after two ramp shots it lowered.

#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

TECH

Glad you got her working! For me I generally start with the "Images Gallery" in any game thread when I have an issue. Often times the think tink of creative minds/owners in the group have long figured out the issue and are Awesome in sharing the solution for others. I like pictures best as they get right to the point. Especially in some of these game owner threads with Tens of Thousands of posts. Enjoy that Awesome game!!

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Good point. I was for sure I did not collect any band members and after two ramp shots it lowered.

I think (not sure) you need to collect Bra and Panties for the patch full reward effect.

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think (not sure) you need to collect Bra and Panties for the patch full reward effect.

Yes that’s what I was trying to do but after two shots to the ramp it lowers the divertor

#2059 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes that’s what I was trying to do but after two shots to the ramp it lowers the divertor

Hey Skyemont are you enjoying your GnR?

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey Skyemont are you enjoying your GnR?

OMG yes. I love it. Played til 3am Saturday night. Not bad for a old man.

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Great glad your digging it!!!

#2062 3 years ago

Two left ramp shots collects the bass player doesn't it? Hence the diverter down

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Wow .... thats impressive...

#2064 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This isn't from your patch choice, it's from hitting the ramp twice which is qualifying the bass, which then allow access to the upper playfield to lock a ball. Collecting bra and underwear give double bonus for the rest of the game. Collecting Fender, Marshall, Gibson, and Vater lights extra ball.

#2065 3 years ago

QUESTION: All CE’s came with a signature apron card? I did not get one.

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

QUESTION: All CE’s came with a signature apron card? I did not get one.

It wasn't in the padded envelope with the CE plaque?

#2067 3 years ago

Thank you Joe Newhart
[email protected]
Everything is working great out of the box.
No issues with delivery.Overall great experience.

I Do have a TIP for young kids around the pin.

First thing my grandkid went for was hanging off the skulls mouth! It’s a pretty sturdy peace but not that sturdy.

0A08F8B6-33E2-40D4-BEB6-DC6046454D59 (resized).jpeg0A08F8B6-33E2-40D4-BEB6-DC6046454D59 (resized).jpeg5820AB5A-DE7A-493C-B34D-D6D99E3556D6 (resized).jpeg5820AB5A-DE7A-493C-B34D-D6D99E3556D6 (resized).jpeg5F706101-CD69-49E6-B265-829969830692 (resized).jpeg5F706101-CD69-49E6-B265-829969830692 (resized).jpegB995EEBC-2268-4AFB-AC21-9608F659BF91 (resized).jpegB995EEBC-2268-4AFB-AC21-9608F659BF91 (resized).jpegCFE09186-6B57-4C56-93B1-CD44D5914F91 (resized).jpegCFE09186-6B57-4C56-93B1-CD44D5914F91 (resized).jpegDD83E8C0-4E2C-4594-8739-E2A05970779C (resized).jpegDD83E8C0-4E2C-4594-8739-E2A05970779C (resized).jpegE6F24A0A-0837-46B4-9E20-03B8EF0C7069 (resized).jpegE6F24A0A-0837-46B4-9E20-03B8EF0C7069 (resized).jpeg
#2068 3 years ago

Did you know you don't have the speakers plugged in on the topper?

Fish the two wires out from the hole. The wires go to the OPPOSITE plug, not the nearest one.

#2069 3 years ago

Got the email last night. #231 is in route!

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It wasn't in the padded envelope with the CE plaque?

I was told before it shipped the plaque was on back order. But was just told today my banner, plaque and signature card are on the way.

#2071 3 years ago

Lets hope JJP makes modifications to their topper install procedure. I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like it needs some work

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fish the two wires out from the hole. The wires go to the OPPOSITE plug, not the nearest one.

Thanks for catching that.

#2073 3 years ago

When I installed some cointaker LED flipper buttons, there is a power splitter connection that diverts some power from the 12v connection. As a result, I now have phantom switch scoring every time I push a flipper, whether there is a ball on the playfield or not. Has anyone else installed LED flippers and had this issue?

5F1C4456-C64B-436F-962A-B1454AEF3043 (resized).jpeg5F1C4456-C64B-436F-962A-B1454AEF3043 (resized).jpeg
#2074 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Thanks for catching that.

Happy to help. I did the same thing.

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

When I installed some cointaker LED flipper buttons, there is a power splitter connection that diverts some power from the 12v connection. As a result, I now have phantom switch scoring every time I push a flipper, whether there is a ball on the playfield or not. Has anyone else installed LED flippers and had this issue?
[quoted image]

My guess is you actually have a switch that is vibrating closed and it happens to be coincidence that it corresponded with your flipper button install. Go into the settings menu and matrixed switch test and then either close the coin door or pull the safety switch out so that you can hit the flipper buttons and make the flippers activate. See which switch triggers and then adjust it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2076 3 years ago

Many people have had minor game "tweaks" they needed to perform, which is pretty standard in our hobby. My question is whether JJP is aware of these issues i.e. Diverter adjustment, shooter rod spring, slash hat being being level, topper install procedures, etc....all these are very minor, but it would be nice if JJP communicated to its customers that they've addressed these issues on new games.

#2077 3 years ago

So to those that are just getting their CEs, is there anything that you had to purchase for your game? I know people replaced the barrel spring but if I am correct JJP has now switched over to the .75 spring. Any other parts you had to order? believe someone said new pinballs??

#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Many people have had minor game "tweaks" they needed to perform, which is pretty standard in our hobby. My question is whether JJP is aware of these issues i.e. Diverter adjustment, shooter rod spring, slash hat being being level, topper install procedures, etc....all these are very minor, but it would be nice if JJP communicated to its customers that they've addressed these issues on new games.

Maybe somebody should pin a list for newbies to check before playing?

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So to those that are just getting their CEs, is there anything that you had to purchase for your game? I know people replaced the barrel spring but if I am correct JJP has now switched over to the .75 spring. Any other parts you had to order? believe someone said new pinballs??

I always buy Titan rubbers and pinballs for any pin. BTW I got my .75 spring from Marco today and it's perfect, the skill shot actually has range and finesse now.

#2080 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I always buy Titan rubbers and pinballs for any pin. BTW I got my .75 spring from Marco today and it's perfect, the skill shot actually has range and finesse now.

What was the part number and I'll keypost it.

#2082 3 years ago

First JJP. I gotta say it's impressive! Glad I was fortunate to get one, #182.

image2 (3) (resized).jpegimage2 (3) (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage0 (3) (resized).jpegimage0 (3) (resized).jpeg
#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks as I did forget about the Titan rings. I believe JJP is now installing the .75 spring. Do you buy the super shiny pinballs or the regular? Curious if the shiny ones are impacted by the magnets?

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Maybe somebody should pin a list for newbies to check before playing?

I always go through my games before playing, but the point is has JJP addressed these issues during manufacturing? A perfect example is the new shooter spring. Someone on this thread mentioned JJP has ordered new springs...is this true? Did JJP communicate that somewhere?

#2085 3 years ago

I received a new shooter rod spring in the mail just yesterday. Anyone getting their pins going forward will have it correct from factory.

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thanks as I did forget about the Titan rings. I believe JJP is now installing the .75 spring. Do you buy the super shiny pinballs or the regular? Curious if the shiny ones are impacted by the magnets?

Regular shiny only, the super shiny are no good for magnet games which all JJPs are.

#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I always go through my games before playing, but the point is has JJP addressed these issues during manufacturing? A perfect example is the new shooter spring. Someone on this thread mentioned JJP has ordered new springs...is this true? Did JJP communicate that somewhere?

JJP has ordered new springs which are now being used in production.

#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

My guess is you actually have a switch that is vibrating closed and it happens to be coincidence that it corresponded with your flipper button install. Go into the settings menu and matrixed switch test and then either close the coin door or pull the safety switch out so that you can hit the flipper buttons and make the flippers activate. See which switch triggers and then adjust it.

Thanks @Vitty. I followed your advice and ran the matrixed switch test to find that switch #033 Upper Playfield Rubber switch is Active and always responds when I press either flipper (and sometimes the slings and inlays). Anyway, I don't think that switch 033 should be Active. How do I make this switch Inactive? Appreciate your help, btw.

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Which is a reason to make a list. Maybe a public g-sheet? You could keep track of items fixed by JJP as well as ongoing issues

#2090 3 years ago

Thanks Vitty. I followed your advice and ran the matrixed switch test to find that switch #033 Upper Playfield Rubber switch is Active and always responds when I press either flipper (and sometimes the slings and inlays). Anyway, I don't think that switch 033 should be Active. How do I make this switch Inactive? Appreciate your help, btw.

Just gap the leaf switch behind the rubber further apart so the front and back parts will only make contact and register when hit by the ball and pushed together.

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

JJP has ordered new springs which are now being used in production.

Thanks

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Well tomorrow is the big day for GNR CE #210! I was able to borrow an Escalera today and have been practicing with it all afternoon. I'll breathe a big sigh of relief once this thing is successfully in the basement.
For new CE owners, I didn't see a list of things to check/confirm so I started one below. This is just a list of things people have mentioned/or had small issues with in this thread and I'm sure I have missed a few. Some of these are just standard things and some are just to "to keep an eye on." Let me know if there is anything else I missed:
- replace flipper rubbers (I'm going with Titans)
- replace balls (I'm going with Titans standard shiny)
- make sure I know how to calibrate the sensors as it looks like you may have to do that periodically (thanks vitty - post 1718)
- check flipper alignment with inlanes (thanks vitty - post 1545)
- check spinning disk to ensure it is level with the PF. It appears that the discs issues from the early LEs are fixed.
- check plunger spring as some CEs spring are too long? Is there a quick solution to this? (thanks skyemont - post 1717)
- check angle of the plunger gate to ensure ball cleanly exits to right flipper - or add felt dot (thanks mt45 -post 1700)
- check angle of the upper playfield exit lane to ensure the ball guide does not feed it through the right outlane
- check left/right angle as it sounds like this game is extremely dependent on making sure it is perfectly level left/right.
- I'm going to start the game at 7.0° to see how things go (thanks yelobird - post 1704)
- Check Coma lock to ensure to is working properly (thanks chetrico - post 1524)
- check left ramp diverter to make sure it is not digging into the PF (thanks mt45 - post 1701)
- add ground loop isolator for topper (thanks mt45 - post 1784)
- check bass center string to make sure ball doesn't get stuck (thanks rodcom - post 1385)
Also, what album stickers is everyone getting for their CE? I know we don't really have a choice but, considering the theme of the CE cab, I hope it is AFD (like most GNR fans I assume). I was trying to look in the pics posted but I haven't seen too many AFD in this thread.

Galooch started a list for new owners about a week ago. Might be a good place to begin. See above.

#2093 3 years ago

I received a new plunger spring from JJP today. Appears they are shipping them out for the machines not addressed by the factory.

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just gap the leaf switch behind the rubber further apart so the front and back parts will only make contact and register when hit by the ball and pushed together.

That worked! Machine now works perfectly. Of course, I had to get 7 games in, just to be sure, before I could reply to say thank you. Thanks!!

#2095 3 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

That was my thought! Anyone know where JPP purchased the forward speaker grill?

I used this from Marco, but they seem to be out of stock right now.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7602

Just to follow up on this idea of reorienting the speakers facing forwards. I dove into my DILE backbox and with a tape confirmed that the speakers are now firing up instead of forward because of how large the cones are, not how deep the magnet goes. The new speakers in the backbox are just about 5" in diameter. If the faced forward the backbox would have to be ~ 2 inches taller or you would lose the top 2" of the translite. I am going to mount a nice pair of NHT SuperZero bookshelf speakers on top of my DILE to see if it makes a difference. Once I have tried it out I will report back.

#2096 3 years ago
Quoted from endodoc:

First JJP. I gotta say it's impressive! Glad I was fortunate to get one, #182.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

“The Endo Doc”

F5962ACF-149F-4BCA-9A58-575123A9E97B.gifF5962ACF-149F-4BCA-9A58-575123A9E97B.gif
#2097 3 years ago

That worked! Machine now works perfectly. Of course, I had to get 7 games in, just to be sure, before I could reply to say thank you. Thanks!!

Awesome. Just make sure after you re-gap that you didn't gap too far and the switch still will register when the ball hits it.

#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yes sir - easy $10 fix
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/36#post-6091457
I used the one you see in my post but ordered this one at the same time - both work great!
amazon.com link »

I have this issue with hobbit. I assume this will work there as well? If so then I’ll be ordering two!

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m glad I saw this. So plug into the opposite side that they are positioned? I suppose that’s in the instructions that I didn’t read. I wonder why they wouldn’t just plug those in at the factory. Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/42?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.