20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 68.
#2001 3 years ago

How do you play online with people via Scorbit?

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

They have but games that were boxed prior to the new ones arriving don’t have it. This all happened in the last few days.

Gotcha....thanks ....my game hasn't shipped yet so hopefully this is addressed. I was just wondering if I should put this on my list of things to purchase prior to game arrival.

#2003 3 years ago

I have a issue, maybe someone could chime in on. Left guitar lock is not releasing during game play. In Test/ coils # 33 it works. The sensor on that lock works also. It appears to try and release during gameplay, but it’s just a clunk from the coil.
What’s next?

#2004 3 years ago

Help - I having a very minor problem. My signature card will not go in the slots that are on the apron. The metal of the card holder is fully attached to the apron so no room to put the corners in. Am I missing or doing something stupid? I have tried the thinnest piece of paper and can’t get there.

367B408D-9359-4800-B6AE-F81D1C2B1623 (resized).jpeg367B408D-9359-4800-B6AE-F81D1C2B1623 (resized).jpegCB00B767-66B9-4869-8836-ED1CA97E7A53 (resized).jpegCB00B767-66B9-4869-8836-ED1CA97E7A53 (resized).jpeg
#2005 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Help - I having a very minor problem. My signature card will not go in the slots that are on the apron. The metal of the card holder is fully attached to the apron so no room to put the corners in. Am I missing or doing something stupid? I have tried the thinnest piece of paper and can’t get there. [quoted image][quoted image]

There magnetic....just pull it off.

#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

There magnetic....just pull it off.

Thank you all taken care of. Warned you in advance that I was missing something...solution so good that it may go down in history as the dumbest pinball tech question ever!!!

5C23CE93-CBE0-4F28-982A-927F7C3DFB5B (resized).jpeg5C23CE93-CBE0-4F28-982A-927F7C3DFB5B (resized).jpeg5D80E9A9-20D6-4014-841E-B9393400ECA8 (resized).jpeg5D80E9A9-20D6-4014-841E-B9393400ECA8 (resized).jpeg
#2007 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Thank you all taken care of. Warned you in advance that I was missing something...solution so good that it may go down in history as the dumbest pinball tech question ever!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Heck no. Don't ask don't know. I will Bet #LTG tech has heard Way worst help questions over the years. lol

#2008 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Thank you all taken care of. Warned you in advance that I was missing something...solution so good that it may go down in history as the dumbest pinball tech question ever!!![quoted image][quoted image]

I probably would be thinking the same thing. No such thing as a bad question

#2009 3 years ago

Holy crap who’s seen the entire light show for Better? Wow wow wow!!!!

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Nah....to my knowledge these magnetic cards are new (and great idea), and we've been trained to install the way u attempted.

#2011 3 years ago

Dang the CE looks off the charts bad ass! I have played the LE on location and it’s quite the game when it’s working correctly. JJP’s are just too expensive for me. Even at the SE model, your giving up too much for the price. That would be sweet to see a location with the CE so I can check it out.

#2012 3 years ago

Anyone else have to dial in the inner orbit to make it a bit smoother?? Tips?

#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Holy crap who’s seen the entire light show for Better? Wow wow wow!!!!

Have and feel the same ... just unbelievable

#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I have a issue, maybe someone could chime in on. Left guitar lock is not releasing during game play. In Test/ coils # 33 it works. The sensor on that lock works also. It appears to try and release during gameplay, but it’s just a clunk from the coil.
What’s next?

No way... I did have THIS exact issue today. The left guitar lock didn’t release the ball. I could hear that it did try but the pin stayed up.

Lifted the playfield, checked all the connectors, manually move the coil, run the tests. I could not find any apparent issues. Closed the PF, restarted the machine. It’s working again.

Go figure.

#2015 3 years ago
Quoted from Mari21:

No way... I did have THIS exact issue today. The left guitar lock didn’t release the ball. I could hear that it did try but the pin stayed up.
Lifted the playfield, checked all the connectors, manually move the coil, run the tests. I could not find any apparent issues. Closed the PF, restarted the machine. It’s working again.
Go figure.

Could be a game restart calibration fixed it.

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Could be a game restart calibration fixed it.

That’s what I thought too...

#2017 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Have and feel the same ... just unbelievable

The guitar solo sequence is jaw dropping. It’s also drops other things... lol

#2018 3 years ago

TECH
Not sure if i have seen anyone post this one yet.

But im having shooter lane 4 opto led switch wont stop activating. ive cleaned the area and it just made it worse.

when i cover it with my finger it will stop and read my finger but as soon as i move my finger its back to randomly activating

#2019 3 years ago

TECH
Just got home. Turned it on, started and it worked. Recalibration?

A different note; I wish there was a way to flag technical/service questions and answers within a thread so they are easily to read through. I made it through 20 pages last night— not finding what I wanted.

This game is amazing.

Quoted from Mari21:

Go figure.

#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

A different note; I wish there was a way to flag technical/service questions and answers within a thread so they are easily to read through. I made it through 20 pages last night— not finding what I wanted.
This game is amazing.

I started putting "TECH:" at the beginning of keyposts on the R&M thread, so you can use the sort option on keyposts and it will put all the "TECH:" together.

I would suggest additional flags like "NEWS:" etc be adopted, making keyposts even more useful.

#2021 3 years ago

still doing it. is there a way to adjust these LED opto sensors?

#2022 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

TECH
This game is amazing.

Me too same issue today. First time after two weeks.

#2023 3 years ago

Is it just me or do you wanna see the size of the jackpot you lost when you shit the bed? I know its there right before you drain on the bottom left corner of the display but it would be cool to see the largest jackpot lost stats per game overall etc.

#2024 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

still doing it. is there a way to adjust these LED opto sensors?

I personally haven't had good luck just relying on a game restart for recalibration. Sometimes works ok most times not. You need to go into setting and do an Actual calibration and likely your issue will go away.

As a side note, while I love this new switch technology it does seem like they need to be calibrated rather often. Wonder what trips them up? How the game is shut down?

#2025 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I personally haven't had good luck just relying on a game restart for recalibration. Sometimes works ok most times not. You need to go into setting and do an Actual calibration and likely your issue will go away.
As a side note, while I love this new switch technology it does seem like they need to be calibrated rather often. Wonder what trips them up? How the game is shut down?

just went through settings cant find recalibration for switches...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2026 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Topic index points to this post to tell you how to get there in the menus:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/35#post-6087816

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

65448e1e751bc504b24a1a37b18777e3b9f437df (resized).png65448e1e751bc504b24a1a37b18777e3b9f437df (resized).png
#2028 3 years ago

You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for the quick responses. Fixed it for now.

However after recalibration #1 Shooter lane #2 started acting the same way.

Recalibration #2 seemed too fix it. .....for now.

#2029 3 years ago

Rocket queen light show...face melted!!!! Might be my fave so far. Which stand out to you guys?

#2030 3 years ago

Playing my buddies CE (still waiting for mine), and the screen went dark. Was getting power, just no HDMI signal. Unplugged and re-plugged the hdmi, nothing (other than showing “no signal” momentarily). Power cycle fixed it (actually when I was having my best game

Anybody see this issue, or suggestions? With the power cycle fixing it, I don’t think it’s a hardware or connection issue.
Thanks!

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Playing my buddies CE (still waiting for mine), and the screen went dark. Was getting power, just no HDMI signal. Unplugged and re-plugged the hdmi, nothing (other than showing “no signal” momentarily). Power cycle fixed it (actually when I was having my best game
Anybody see this issue, or suggestions? With the power cycle fixing it, I don’t think it’s a hardware or connection issue.
Thanks!

I had an issue with the monitor going off, happened once when I first got the game setting it up out of the box and once more last week. I know you said you said it was getting power, but I replaced the barrel connector going into the monitor and haven’t had the issue. Mine did not fit well and was kind of loose. Haven’t had an issue since.

#2032 3 years ago

Light show continues to amaze ... TFC Multiball

IMG_1057 (resized).jpgIMG_1057 (resized).jpg
#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

So far this has been my best JJP in regards to adjustments, fixing, etc out of box

I have not had to make even one adjustment to the mechanics - either physically or via the game menu. Has played amazing right out of the box.

#2034 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

My diverter issue was a bit more complex but when waxing I noticed there was a damaged spot under the diverter that was caused by the coil retracting and driving a nut into the top of the PF.
I turned on the game to verify that the nut was causing the damage. It was ("A" was pounding into "B")
I lifted the PF thinking that all of the adjustment must be underneath. Indeed there is adjustment on the coil mounting plate (see image with 4 nuts and allen screws), this adjustment allows the entire coil mech to move up/down on the mount
I then looked topside to see if there was any topside adjustment and saw 2 screws at the top of the shaft (just underneath the diverter) and noticed that they not only moved the diverter higher or lower within the ramp but moving it UP would also quickly fix my "nut problem". So I loosened the two nuts and moved the diverter part of the assembly upward (the nuts move with it - up and away from the PF). Be careful that you don't move this "too far" you could move the diverter above the plane of the ramp and when it retracts it might "miss" the slot in the ramp that it is supposed to retract into - mine is right at the edge.
If I needed any more adjustment, I would have had to move the mech using the 4 allen screws under the PF
I noticed quite a bit of metal shavings along the bottom side of the shaft - this was created by the shaft moving through a metal guide under the PF. That guide is tight and needs to be in order to keep the diverter perfectly aligned in the slots cut into the ramp
I cleaned off the metal filings and added a VERY light coat of lithium grease to the part that contacts the guide.
Play tested and all is good!
Hope this helps if anyone else is needing an adjustment
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Please everyone take time today to check this, I thought I could put it off but- yep it’s smacking the $/@: outta my playfield!!!
Please if you care check now, turn off and fix it!!! It’s the ramp diverter making contact with the playfield post #1701 a key post for this topic.

#2035 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsepe:

Please everyone take time today to check this, I thought I could put it off but- yep it’s smacking the $/@: outta my playfield!!!
Please if you care check now, turn off and fix it!!! It’s the ramp diverter making contact with the playfield post #1701 a key post for this topic.

does this problem occur on the SE edition ?

#2036 3 years ago

No, the SE doesn’t have the left ramp diverter.

Quoted from luch:

does this problem occur on the SE edition ?

#2037 3 years ago

I don't know where but somebody said to lift itup by loosening the nuts on the side and pulling it up

#2038 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I don't know where but somebody said to lift itup by loosening the nuts on the side and pulling it up

That was me. Link below

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/35#post-6087588

#2039 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had an issue with the monitor going off, happened once when I first got the game setting it up out of the box and once more last week. I know you said you said it was getting power, but I replaced the barrel connector going into the monitor and haven’t had the issue. Mine did not fit well and was kind of loose. Haven’t had an issue since.

The barrel power connector is not well seated. How did you replace it and with what?

Thanks!

#2040 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

The barrel power connector is not well seated. How did you replace it and with what?
Thanks!

I buy them in quantity for mods we make so i have them on hand. I don’t know the part number. I cut the yellow and black wires and soldered on my new connector being mindful of the power and ground wires. I contacted jjp before doing it as I didn’t want to void any warranty. Stay away from ones with a yellow tip, which is what’s in the game, you want the black shorter tip. You should contact jjp and open a ticket so they can document this. If you can’t solder, they may be able to send you a new harness. I could probably send you one if you need it, but I’m not going to send it to a large number of people as I need them.

This:
ebay.com link: itm

Not this:
ebay.com link: itm

#2041 3 years ago

Has anyone noticed a 2-3 sec delay in the display when u start a game? It will be dark when I push the start button then go away around 2-3 seconds.

#2042 3 years ago

On the corrective wiring notes above, how would you handle this? This is for the topper-
It feels bad to hassle anyone over a small detail like this.
89FCEA6C-7090-4E3E-9BEB-56C752260DB1 (resized).jpeg89FCEA6C-7090-4E3E-9BEB-56C752260DB1 (resized).jpeg

#2043 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

On the corrective wiring notes above, how would you handle this? This is for the topper-
[quoted image]

There ought to be a 2 pin female plug somewhere along the left edge of the backbox. I would not attempt to make a connection where you are attempting to.

#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There ought to be a 2 pin female plug somewhere along the left edge of the backbox. I would not attempt to make a connection where you are attempting to.

This one?B772C224-C9F6-4DB7-AFB7-F7C38AD36477 (resized).jpegB772C224-C9F6-4DB7-AFB7-F7C38AD36477 (resized).jpeg
Not the one in the instructions
36FE2433-2575-46D2-9092-4519D4275F04 (resized).jpeg36FE2433-2575-46D2-9092-4519D4275F04 (resized).jpeg

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

This one?[quoted image]
Not the one in the instructions
[quoted image]

Well now I'm confused!

#2046 3 years ago

I thought I was the only one confused?

They make it look so easy in the pictures. It’s more like solving a puzzle.

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I thought I was the only one confused?
They make it look so easy in the pictures. It’s more like solving a puzzle.

It was definitely the longest part of setup for me given how the instructions didn't quite line up with the actual steps. For example, my speaker bracket already had the sign bracket attached. And I just connected things based on my gut lol... (not recommended...)

#2048 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

It was definitely the longest part of setup for me given how the instructions didn't quite line up with the actual steps. For example, my speaker bracket already had the sign bracket attached. And I think I just connecting things based on my gut lol... (not recommended...)

I agree the topper instructions could use a little better detail. I didn't even realize the speakers were not connected at first! Derp

#2049 3 years ago

I was going to label all this as Tech, but maybe it’s just confusing noise.
Can anyone confirm if the plug depicted (blue wires) was a male plug or female plug coming off the topper? Because the instructions (I think) depict a female plug end..
9584E8B1-7B42-421D-B5E2-2417F190B502 (resized).jpeg9584E8B1-7B42-421D-B5E2-2417F190B502 (resized).jpeg

#2050 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I was going to label all this as Tech, but maybe it’s just confusing noise.
Can anyone confirm if the plug depicted (blue wires) was a male plug or female plug coming off the topper? Because the instructions (I think) depict a female plug end..
[quoted image]

Quoted from Vitty:

Lower left inside the head has a spare 2 pin plug. [quoted image]

Look at the "Image Gallery" at the top of this thread. Several have already posted pictures of these connections that should help. The plug is in the lower Left corner. See Vity's post above.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/41?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.